Congrats ANET, you killed Power Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

I can’t begin to express how big of a joke Power Warrior has just become.

The most telegraphed skills in the game, the molasses slow game play, the complete and utter exclusion from raids, the drastic loss in dps and sustainability.

Congrats ANET, congrats on killing power warrior.

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

in Warrior

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

I support this post.
Headubtt ruined only “pray to kill” rotation for power war in wvw.
Shield bash, ruined core war and a/sh rotation , also for wvw.
Arc animation is pure stupid now , also quite bad in wvw.
In general just from wvw perspective war is quite ruined. You can afk while it cast skills and still dodge it.

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Anet basically said “go axe… or else”. Truth be told, axe deals monstrous damage in PvP. Still, it’s the only thing it does, which might mean it’s not enough.

in Warrior

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Headbutt and Arc Divider nerfs look like they were purely PvP motivated since before the patch both had quite fast cast times with good effects. So it may make sense on a PvP standpoint since with a longer casttime the enemy has better chance to react.

But on PvE, this nerf makes absolutely no sense. If they felt that both were too powerful for PvE then we would have seen a normal damage nerf and not this.

Its another example of skill negatively affected in the whole game because of one game mode. Split pls Anet. The animations just look stupid and its ruining the fluidity of the rotations.

(edited by Walhalla.5473)

in Warrior

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

…since before the patch both had quite slow cast times…

lol k

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Warrior

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Dude are you serious? Have you tried playing with axes yet?!

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

yes, it still sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

yes, it still sucks

Keep practicing. You’ll start to play better with time and practice.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Warrior

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

…since before the patch both had quite slow cast times…

lol k

Ooops. Slow wasn’t what I wanted to type but quick.

in Warrior

Gambino.2109

yes, it still sucks

Keep practicing. You’ll start to play better with time and practice.

Must be flipping kidding, you tell me that as if I’ve just started playing warrior.

AXE SUCKS, has no use in pve end game content, or competitive

in Warrior

Blue.1207

Axe is garbage and it is even more so now thanks to the recent changes to stuns.

in Warrior

Nusku.3941

I’ve won every fight I’ve had with axe tho. But I can’t stop q.qers.

(edited by Nusku.3941)

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Stop playing vs the golems in heart of the mist,those golems need some rest,try to do it vs an actual player..Fight a dh and please go crazy with the whirl espec when he has retal up..Show me the results !

in Warrior

Gambino.2109

Stop playing vs the golems in heart of the mist,those golems need some rest,try to do it vs an actual player..Fight a dh and please go crazy with the whirl espec when he has retal up..Show me the results !

Or a mesmer.. I’d love to see him chase one down with a good stack of Torment

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

Or a mesmer.. I’d love to see him chase one down with a good stack of Torment

Torment not so much..its just how fast the whirl hits coupled with a boon like retal or..
Whirl + Confusion + retal = Dead.

in Warrior

Nusku.3941

well since you asked this isn’t one of my best matches but a pretty okay one.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

well since you asked this isn’t one of my best matches but a pretty okay one.

Damage output is fine but my point still stands..Only from experience not because im guessing.Theres a reason people dont run axe offhand and the reason is the one i mentioned above.

Also now especially with our pulsing stabi nerf on eternal it will be easily interrupted.Takes one thief to get rid of your stabi and p4 you after,espec with the boon steal sigils around now aswell.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Warrior

Nusku.3941

The thing is that if you’re looking to beat a condi built class meta, you have to find a way to remove condi, so the way I work around it is by using 2 traits, savage instinct, and Brawler’s recovery. The added way I deal with them is using berserker stance, and popping healing signet when it gets too tough. For cc’s i just escape using greatsword… most of the time.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

The thing is that if you’re looking to beat a condi built class meta, you have to find a way to remove condi, so the way I work around it is by using 2 traits, savage instinct, and Brawler’s recovery. The added way I deal with them is using berserker stance, and popping healing signet when it gets too tough. For cc’s i just escape using greatsword… most of the time.

So what do you do on a teamfight on point lets say 3 or straight up 5 on 5 with some dhs in there aswell and retal being thrown around like crazy and stabi ripped before you know it ? How will whirl even be effective in those situations ? You cant so much rely on popping ep at 100%hp before whirling in either,thats bad decision making.

Most of all imo,the way to make axe offhand viable is to give a reflect effect on it so its still usable vs kiters aswell.Atm its damage might be fine but theres too much counter against it going on.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Warrior

Nusku.3941

So what do you do on a teamfight on point lets say 3 or straight up 5 on 5 with some dhs in there aswell and retal being thrown around like crazy and stabi ripped before you know it ? How will whirl even be effective in those situations ? You cant so much rely on popping ep at 100%hp before whirling in either,thats bad decision making.

Most of all imo,the way to make axe offhand viable is to give a reflect effect on it so its still usable vs kiters aswell.Atm its damage might be fine but theres too much counter against it going on.

pop your invuln and make sure your health never gets close to 0. Oh and remember to keep switching weapons and use your f1 skill when the bar is full because that’s where adrenal health keeps you alive.

(edited by Nusku.3941)

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

pop your invuln and make sure your health never gets close to 0. Oh and remember to keep switching weapons and use your f1 skill when the bar is full because that’s where adrenal health keeps you alive.

I dont think you see the issue i mentioned.And again using invuln to make sure whirl doesnt kill yourself on retal is not a good thing to be doing.

in Warrior

Nusku.3941

I dont think you see the issue i mentioned.And again using invuln to make sure whirl doesnt kill yourself on retal is not a good thing to be doing.

Works so far , in the longrun ie plat division shield might be better suited for off hand but axe is wonderful.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

Works so far , in the longrun ie plat division shield might be better suited for off hand but axe is wonderful.

Props for you if it works,i don’t see this becoming meta any day though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

offhand axe will be for noob farming because anyone with retal is gonna chew you up.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Warrior

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

I love these complaints, I have been using axe/axe for at least 2 years and have always enjoyed it, sure I may not do the dps of other classes, but it was just fun. I never enjoyed GS since I discovered dual axe because it just felt slow, dual axe is fast and very action orientated.

With the trait line that gives you quickness when mob hits 50% hp and quickness on berzerk it made it a lot of fun, now on top of that we get axe skill 4 that grants even more quickness so it’s essentially up at all times if you have any kind of boon duration.

in Warrior

Blue.1207

I love these complaints, I have been using axe/axe for at least 2 years and have always enjoyed it, sure I may not do the dps of other classes, but it was just fun. I never enjoyed GS since I discovered dual axe because it just felt slow, dual axe is fast and very action orientated.

With the trait line that gives you quickness when mob hits 50% hp and quickness on berzerk it made it a lot of fun, now on top of that we get axe skill 4 that grants even more quickness so it’s essentially up at all times if you have any kind of boon duration.

I’m not even specifically complaining about the damage, though it is an issue in pve/pvp/wvw at this point. It’s the fluidity of the warrior. Go use shield bash, go use headbutt, they feel absolutely terrible in every regard.

Imagine next patch if anet increased the animation/cast time on all offhand axe skills, it would suck for someone who has previously enjoyed that playstyle. Not to mention that duel axe outside of PvE meta events and map clearing has ZERO place in the game. None. No where are you better off using A/A than ANY OTHER weapon set. It may be fun for you, but it’s essentially worthless in all other aspects. Try using it in PvP, you’ll get blown up faster than you can blink.

The fluidity of the warrior is now broken. No longer to the dance on the fields of battle with grace and brutality. They literally feel like you’re playing World of Tanks. Lurking around mid line and HOPING that one of your shots manages to hit some noob who stepped out of his zerg / allies.

GG Anet

in Warrior

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

It was coming. We knew it was coming. Super easy noob friendly OP class deserved this. Now, get some skill and practice.

in Warrior

Blue.1207

It was coming. We knew it was coming. Super easy noob friendly OP class deserved this. Now, get some skill and practice.

Real insightful input. Thank you. While we’re at it lets look at the other brain dead classes that exist out there.

Skill and practice won’t help when there’s a fundamental flaw in the class design.

in Warrior

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Real insightful input. Thank you. While we’re at it lets look at the other brain dead classes that exist out there.

Skill and practice won’t help when there’s a fundamental flaw in the class design.

Crutches don’t help either. Fact is people got used to crazy sustain with high damage and amazing ability to chase down foes. Lets top it up with some blocks and reflects too. Time to get real.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

Dont worry im still kitten people as easy as before.