Dual Axe Crit/Dual Sword/ Dual Sword and axe.

in Warrior

Posted by: NatureBlade.7910

NatureBlade.7910

Hey Tyria I wanted to know which one of the builds mentioned in the title is the most effective.
In terms of fun, I think sword/axe is the most fun to use, but I have been using Axe/axe for a long time and think it is the most effective, the traits I use for my dual axe are 30 Discipline 30(Dont remember the name, its the trait tree that gives precision) and 10 Defense.
If there is any good and effective Sword/axe Sword/Sword build you know, please let me know!

in Warrior

Posted by: BladeBraverBureba.1052

BladeBraverBureba.1052

Sword/Axe is probably the least effective, since it splits your focus between condition-based sword and power/crit reliant axe.

Sword/Sword is doable, but not very effective, since any condition removal negates all stacks of bleed, and warriors don’t really have any conditions to cover the bleed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Sword/Sword will have many Thieves and Necromancers curse your very existence as well.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Axe/mace all the way. If you’re duel wielding and a warrior this combo can’t really be beat.

in Warrior

Posted by: mangren.2931

mangren.2931

Explain the Axe/mace synergy and how you build around it?

I understand avoiding the sword’s bleeds since it interferes with other professions stacks, and since bleeds are all we can do they’re very easy to wipe out. So drop them from the equation, that leaves maces, axes, warhorn and shield as potential tools. I’d prefer Axe/Shield or Mace/Axe over Axe/Mace if I’m trying to add a little defense and control to my big damage capability.

So then it’s either defensive or crit-bombs. If I’m going defensive, mace/mace seems unbeatable. Mace/shield is just a little more defense with the interrupt and the additional block. But if I want to balance between crit/def I’d prefer Axe/Shield or Mace/Axe, to Axe/Mace. There’s so little defense in Axe/Mace, I just don’t see it being worth the lost moving aoe crit bomb and the strong double hit with the might boon.

in Warrior

Posted by: mangren.2931

mangren.2931

Also, solo in PvE, I find that Rifle – Sword/Sword is insanely fun, kite for regen, and adrenaline, then hit the stack bomb. Throw the sword, block the big hit and then riposte for more bleeds, then trigger f1 for 10+ more stacks then back to kiting. Cond Damage and healing are my primary focuses in gear, with additional precision/power/toughness

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Axe/mace is for destroying other players where as Mace/Shield and Mace/Sword is for blocking mostly. Axe offhand is pretty bad unless your using it to combo field with longbow then its kinda good. Axe shield for offense and defense. Axe/mace for offense. The knockdown on mace offhand can help a little with defense.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)