Hundred Blades needs a nerf for the overall health of the class

in Warrior

Posted by: Bimane.3758

Bimane.3758

Its quickness thats op not hundred blades.
I think they should tone down quickness abit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vehementi.1094

Vehementi.1094

Hundred blades did 10k near the start of the thread, then 20k, and now hundred blades does 30k damage. Amazing!

It’s an excellent burst skill. Calling it “average” is deceitful. It’s one of the best burst skills in the game. As it has to be! It is channeled, melee range, and roots you in place. The only way they could justify making it even stronger is if it were single target. Think about it, it’s one of the hardest types of abilities to use in the game.

To use it effectively you need to combo it with other abilities or teammates. Frenzy / 100b warriors are fun because I just hit ignore pain and DPS them down myself while they’re taking +50% damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: seithan.4823

seithan.4823

The longsword’s damage is that: Huntrend Blades. The rest of the attacks are quite low. I bought a Tier3 Cultural longsword only because the 1h axes cost the same PER weapon. Stupid but true. So it was one way ALTHOUGH i dislike the sword for the LOW damage.

Rig#1: i2500k@4Ghz/ 8GB Ram @ 1600/ Asus GTX580 CU
Rig#2: Core2duo@3Ghz/ 4GB DDR2/ 9800gtx+

in Warrior

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

The ability is fine, its its usage combined with Frenzy which is the problem. Frenzy combined with a knockdown lets the entire move hit and with crits it will do up to 30k damage, thats more than enough to kill a player. And its AOE damage as well.

Its not the damage output which worries me, its the skill and its not only Warriors. Every class has some extremely easy way of outputting tons of damage, and the result is a zergfest. Taking down equal players in 3 seconds should never happen in an MMO.

Actually, to correct you, the ability stacks the damage. Every damage ping you see on the screen isn’t individual, its the damage building up over time as the ability channels. If my hundred blades was doing 30k damage to people, with crits, then I wouldn’t think Mesmers were a huge pain in mykitten nor find the thief thoroughly annoying (of course I’m no expert at my class, either).

And to respond to this thread in its entirety: The ability is fine. As it has been repeated over and over again if you don’t want to get your face blended then dodge or break the stun with stability. Hell, take like a step backwards and you’re fine from the ability.

Greatsword builds were designed to make the class pretty much a glass cannon. It is no different from most other classes with the proper burst rotation. That is exactly what I enjoy about the class, that I have to sacrifice something in return for dealing out the damage that I like to see.

As an added side-note to speculation on GS/hammer builds that work I’ve personally gone with 30str/20arms/20def for my trait lines and taken Physical Training to increase the damage from my physical utility skills (like Bull’s Charge) and to decrease their CD. I’ve also gone with Forceful Greatsword to give me might stacks when I crit and to decrease my GS skill CDs. It is a -very- glass cannon build.

Which to put a note on that, Warriors in GW2 are -NOT-, note, -NOT- the inherent mega tanks as other MMOs have created them to be. Yeah, they have the most health of all of the classes but not the most survivability (Give that to the Mesmer, Necro and Guardian). Even those oh so popular 5 Signet builds are freakin’ terrible outside of leveling. The warrior is about dealing damage and being mobile, not being a literal tank.

in Warrior

Posted by: benhamann.9570

benhamann.9570

Ppl dying to 100b several times per match are BAD. Sometimes it is unavoidable if you have already used your defensive abilities, but I stuff\avoid WAY more 100b that I actually eat. I have a Warrior myself and stopped pplaying GS build because it is avoided so much. Went rifle and never looking back.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rhoame.6917

Rhoame.6917

It was already nerfed, no way is it hitting 100 times.

This answer is kinda silly?

No more silly than you being concerned about how many warriors use HB. Why does that bother you? Oh, perhaps you really dont play a warrior…seeing as you erred in calling the skill One Thousand Blades….and you are just a butthurt PVPer who doesnt know how to properly counter an easily countered skill? Ironic that you suggest someone else’s post is silly….

in Warrior

Posted by: mrhappyclam.2408

mrhappyclam.2408

It was already nerfed, no way is it hitting 100 times.

I got this far into the thread and decided this is by far the best answer. +10

Anywho, the skill is fine. Walk back a few steps and you won’t get hit so stop hating. Id be more upset about a mace+shield and hammer build. 6 stuns with no utilities, then bring w.e. you want to add more stuns and the signet that gives you full adrenaline and boom. Perma stunned.

(:)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nellian Kei.6549

Nellian Kei.6549

It’s already been stated. If you get Bola’d or CC’d and you don’t have a CC breaker or you don’t dodge. You deserve to eat HB+Frenzy. It’s not hard to dodge and it’s not hard to stop. It’s a tradeoff skill, for good damage, you take high risks. You’re a sitting duck when you’re using the skill and you can easily be interrupted.

I’m sorry but if ANET wants to NERF HB. You better make it so that we can cast HB while on the move.

As for too many people using Greatswords, are you seriously going to QQ about that? This is a sad day.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vehementi.1094

Vehementi.1094

Hundred blades on the move is called auto attack.

You never “deserve” to get owned by an ability. It’s never as simple as “lol just break the CC” because I have teammates and maybe you only have 2 stun breaks and you just used them to avoid someone else’s big burst hit. Maybe you’ve been rooted by the incredibly stupid ranger elite and you can’t get out of it for 3s+ of swinging even if you do have a root break. There are counters but sometimes you’re going to get owned, but to say you “deserve” it iskitten

in Warrior

Posted by: Solosite.8096

Solosite.8096

Bullcharge+Frenzy+100B = 14k dmg in 2seconds. If you don’t think Warriors are OP then you clearly never WvW. The fact that I have a 2 second window even with my stealth popping to break bullcharge and dodge when my stun breaker is a 30second cd. Whats the CD on 100b like 6 seconds if spec. Even if you are able to get away they more than likely did 10k dmg to you and can now finish you off with auto attacks. On the bright side though, if that ability doesn’t get nurfed im leveling up a warrior to join the ranks of the OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Solosite.8096

Solosite.8096

It’s already been stated. If you get Bola’d or CC’d and you don’t have a CC breaker or you don’t dodge. You deserve to eat HB+Frenzy. It’s not hard to dodge and it’s not hard to stop. It’s a tradeoff skill, for good damage, you take high risks. You’re a sitting duck when you’re using the skill and you can easily be interrupted.

I’m sorry but if ANET wants to NERF HB. You better make it so that we can cast HB while on the move.

As for too many people using Greatswords, are you seriously going to QQ about that? This is a sad day.

Haha, ok well than I suppose they should up the damage on Pistol whip since Warriors have 2x the health of thiefs and make that ability mobile too huh?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nellian Kei.6549

Nellian Kei.6549

Actually, it is as easy as “Breaking a CC”. Yeah there are times you’re obviously not going to be able to do anything but that’s the whole reason for PvP. You’re not always going to have your Cooldowns up and the same can be said for Warriors who spam Frenzy+HB.

@Solosite, I suppose they should give Warriors the ability to stealth and blind too then right? QQ some more lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Am I the only person who uses GS for mobility? With Mobile Strikes, you can break immobilize with both Rush and Whirlwind. Bladetrail is a very enjoyable ranged cripple. Dodgeable, but if someone dodges it, then that’s one less dodge I wait for before Bull Rushing. I don’t use Frenzy, because I’d rather have Endure Pain and Balanced Stance, and I love Bull Rush as a closer/stun too much to pass up.

If anything, I’d prefer ANet leave 100 Billion Blades as-is so you can tell the troll/cheese warriors. Plus, popping Endure Pain in its face is priceless. More often than not I still use Bull Rush into 100 Trillion Blades, but I will just cancel it early to get whirlwind damage in before the inevitable follow-up dodge.

It has its place. It happens to be the least-used ability on my GS bar, as well. I leave the combo to my Hammer, and use GS for its still-high-damage and high-mobility to keep the pressure on.

Also, are you folks familiar with Pistol Whip? Perhaps you should watch ReyonTV’s Thief play. Immobilize into Quickness into multiple Pistol Whips. I’m guessing the response will be “but, but, that’s the thief’s job”, at which point I’ll exit the conversation on the grounds that it’s hopeless.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Kodeine.7861

Kodeine.7861

Move out of the way? Use a CC break skill? Use a snare remove skill?

Seriously, the number of ways 100B can be countered is so freaken easy. You pop any skill that gives you stability when you see a GS warrior running your way and GG. Seriously, there’s not much more to it than that.

Just for the record though it is pretty awesome being on the delivering end of a 100B combo that lands 20k (Even if it’s on a glass cannon) and then weapon swapping to axe and Eviscerate for an additional 10k.

in Warrior

Posted by: LastK.6158

LastK.6158

As a greatsword warrior I hate it so much, I hope it’s replaced by another skill

in Warrior

Posted by: nubery.9346

nubery.9346

Jesus. The ENTIRE PROBLEM is that the majority of you people playing warrior WILL NOT EXPLORE OTHER BUILDS.

Rifle crit damage build is just as strong, if not stronger, and infinitely more mobile than greatsword can ever be. Stop copying builds you see linked somewhere and actually learn yourkittenclass.

GS SUCKS. It’s BAD. It limits too many utility skills and isn’t mobile enough. Try your other weapons and stop whining, warrior is very powerful. You bads keep on rolling with the GS. The good warriors, and other players, will use any other warrior weapon or class and stomp you with them.

(edited by nubery.9346)

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

GS isn’t bad. It’s actually extremely mobile. With the Mobile Strikes trait, both Whirlwind Attack and Rush break Immobilize. They also close distance and do enough damage. Hundred Blades is merely situational, but people create entire builds around it because of Frenzy.

Don’t discount the weapon because the popular build happens to key in one the immobile ability. Or do discount the weapon. It doesn’t really matter what you do, my GS will still work for me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Neit.2431

Neit.2431

I used to use 100 blades, then I realized that everyone just dodge rolled away from it, popped evade, popped shield block, or something else like that. I kinda think the 2h sword builds are kinda kitten in pvp since it’s so easy to avoid the big damage attacks.

in Warrior

Posted by: Neit.2431

Neit.2431

holy crap…. g i m p gets turned into kitten for some reason!

in Warrior

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Move out of the way? Use a CC break skill? Use a snare remove skill?

Seriously, the number of ways 100B can be countered is so freaken easy. You pop any skill that gives you stability when you see a GS warrior running your way and GG. Seriously, there’s not much more to it than that.

Just for the record though it is pretty awesome being on the delivering end of a 100B combo that lands 20k (Even if it’s on a glass cannon) and then weapon swapping to axe and Eviscerate for an additional 10k.

Can it be countered? Sure, but by that reasoning lets give everyone 1 hit kill attacks. As long as they can be dodged it’s balanced right? I don’t think that I can adequately put into words how self-centered and destructive that logic is. Do you realize how hard some builds have to work to even break 10k damage through multiple skills and theirs can be dodged as well? Clearly they need a buff.

Not being able to dodge(either used it up or stunned/rooted) should not be grounds for instant death. That is not an environment where skill is a factor. PvP will soon boil down to super high burst builds where a kill will be determined by who is unlucky enough to have their stun breaks/dodge unavailable.

The high burst in this game needs toned down or other builds brought up(this of course ruins any chance this game has at being an E-Sport). If 100B doesn’t get nerfed then I sincerely hope I see “This necromancer just killed me with bleeds in 4 seconds! I have 20k HP! NERF!” or “I was soloed by a Ranger pet! NERF!”. To which I shall reply “Use a condition remover!” or “Just dodge the pet”. Mark my words; if 100B(as well as some other skills, not just warrior) isn’t nerfed, you’re going to end up begging for nerfs to the other builds.

in Warrior

KryTiKaL.3125

If you’re getting one-shotted by HB then you’re doing it wrong, or you’re just expecting WvW, for some stupid reason, to be 1v1 balanced (no I am not saying that is where every argument is deriving from). Also in sPvP if you’re not terrible then you’re going to find it rather easy to avoid HB which will leave warriors to use the skill at a more opportune time for -them- and even then it won’t one-shot you from your full health down to zero if you’re actually, again, good at PvP.

Disclaimer: Yeah, I realize like 96% of you complaining probably think you’re amazing at PvP and this game in general. Reality check, if you’re getting owned that badly by such an easily avoidable/counterable thing then you’re not as good as you think you are.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

If you blew all of your endurance, and your stun breaks, and then you were initiated on, you deserve to die. It either means you used your abilities inappropriately, the other player baited them out appropriately, or you’re being focused in a teamfight and don’t have the proper survivability in the situation you placed yourself in.

You understand that the 100000000000000000000B combo is two utilities and glass cannon traits, correct? After the combo is blown, it’s on a 50-60 second cooldown. If you use it at the right time, you can swing a fight. Most often, you’ll try to use it, it’ll get countered, then your entire build is basically useless for your team.

Try thinking outside the box. One player dying once to one combo isn’t outside the box. It’s in the box. It’s probably at the exact center of the box. If it happens to you, you look at your skills and think “Well, this is probably a thing, so I’ll grab X and save it for when I see a warrior charging”. If someone does one thing, you counter it with another. If you choose not to, that’s your prerogative, but don’t blame the game.

Also, some burst provides the ability for professional gamers to read situations and react accordingly, Burst timings vs. counter-burst defenses. Good initiations. It provides excitement, which is what an e-sport needs, those moments of excitement where you say “DID YOU SEE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!??!?!”. Often times, those moments happen in the blink of an eye. You go back and watch the replay to get all of the details, then you appreciate it even more.

I’m not saying 10000000000000000000000000000B falls into that category, because the professional streamers I watch think it’s a terrible build. They actually played with a guy who used it, and convinced him to use something else, because it wasn’t useful to their team. If you’re going to use the e-sport argument, who do you balance the game for? Top-tier players? Or the new players who don’t react fast enough to counter a simple combo?

I think ANet has bigger fish to fry than noob-cannon builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: grey dozer.9752

grey dozer.9752

I’ve read quite enough of my fellow class trying to defend this issue.

14k dmg from HB, plus a whirlwind with frenzy on is very OP.

Before you moan and carry on defending it, ask yourselves honestly, do you actually enjoy being a one-trick pony in PVP? Ask yourselves this as well, do you just find yourself waiting for cooldowns on the said moves so you can run back in, get a kill, then run off again for the cooldowns?

This is the issue, if 95% of your class is using the same weapon, only using two moves from that weapon in order to get a kill (Or even to feel that’s the only way you can get a kill…) SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Perhaps other weapons need to be brought up CLOSER to great sword/HB standards. But I assure you, hundred blades, ether with the combo of WW and Frenzy, or without, WILL be nerfed.

To be able to drop any player down so fast cannot be considered fair coming from one class.

All A-Net and indeed, anybody needs to do, is look at the combat log next time you get hit by it, or use it and ask yourself if that much dmg should be delivered in that short-space of time.

I don’t want to feel pushed into one weapon, there’s so many weapons for the warrior, we can’t allow ourselves to get pigeon-holed into using only one option for melee!

Bump up the other weapons slightly, and bring down the damage of HB, it is ridiculous still. Make sure that warriors cannot do such stupid damage even with frenzy, in such a short space of time, that’s the real issue, not the amount of damage dealt, but the space of time in which it’s delivered.

Again, how much fun is your class when all you do is wait for 3 cooldowns before you feel “viable” again?

Trev

in Warrior

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

Frenzy + 100b is a gimmick spec that is pretty useless outside of blindsiding enemies. There’s a reason a lot of the top teams dont have a warrior, or their warrior plays a hammer control bot.

Honestly a pistolwhip thief can do more dmg over the course of their quickness and pistol whip is near impossible to dodge (unless you get really lucky or you’re a mind reader). All a thief has to do is start casting PW then use a shadowstep ability right before the stun goes off.

I’m just not a fan of quickness with any class. It is ruining 8v8’s. Its more manageable in tourneys, but I still dont think any class should be able to instagib another even if you fail to dodge. But this is just my opinion and I’m sure some people like the mechanic. So I’ll just have to deal with it. It makes retaliation in the defensive line much more useful.

Also, i dont hate any warriors for running frenzy and 100b. There’s not many viable choices for a warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kizee.2184

Kizee.2184

Heartseeker was nerfed…..this is next….right?

in Warrior

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

I highly doubt it. HB has already been nerfed a couple of times. I wouldn’t care if they did though. Maybe I wouldn’t get chewed out for solo queing a tourney with a warhorn and banner regens. I got called a noob for not playing a 100b warrior yesterday. I’ve also been called a noob for playing it. We just can’t win.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

The issue isn’t that 95% of Warriors all do the same thing, grey dozer. The issue is that 95% of players would rather blame the game than themselves for dying to something, in addition to asking for the game to change instead of adapting.

If a warrior chooses to pigeonhole himself into uselessness for 50 out of every 60 seconds, that’s his own prerogative. I’ll remain consistently more flexible and useful with my own build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fuuljo.1690

Fuuljo.1690

I like the idea of swapping the places of Hundred Blades and Arcing Strike. Arcing Strike would have a default of 10s cooldown with 8s of fury and decent enough damage for a basic weapon skill.

While we are on the topic of greatsword skills, I would like to see rush scrapped or just converted into 6s of swiftness and a few might stacks.

Obviously the main villain here is Quickness.

in Warrior

Posted by: metaphorm.6904

metaphorm.6904

Lets be clear about this:

The ability itself is pretty ok. Its largely mitigated by being slow and rooting you in place while it channels.

It is the interaction between this high-damage channeled ability and the Quickness boon that makes it really scary. I think there was a bit of a miss in general with the way Arenanet decided to have channeled abilities work with Quickness. They get a bit too much benefit from it. The same issue here applies to Pistol Whip, for example. There is a slightly broken interaction that allows for very easy access to extreme burst damage that can just level someone in about 1.5 seconds.

in Warrior

KryTiKaL.3125

Again, there is a massive drawback to the Frenzy buff and a warrior can get nuked the moment they use it.

Not to mention it is as I stated previously, a lot of people are going to think they are some big pro at this game when in reality they really are not (and I am not saying I am either). The thing that is a very big factor here in sPvP is skill, and I would prefer seeing some actually high tiered players post their feedback rather than listen to a bunch of randoms spew on about stuff they -think- they know about high-skill play in Tournaments.

in Warrior

Posted by: XZERO.3014

XZERO.3014

do you know how hard it is too even land “hundred blades”. Your lucky if some idiot stands in it.

I use bola too make sure i can use it, but still by the time i get to you and use it ill do half the damage i should, it doesn’t need a nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brolleun Hunter.7862

Brolleun Hunter.7862

In order to accomplish the hundred blades ability on an opponent with a greatsword in SPVP, even WvWvW, the player has to use other utilities to insure the channel hits the target for the full duration, and because of toughness, stun breakers, and stability the warrior doesn’t have alot of opportunities to use hundred blades to it’s full extent—on top of rooting the warrior as well. If Areana Net “balances” Warrior any further the team is going to severely weaken the greatsword warrior.

The OP is either frustrated from the amount of cheese running around in Spvp—which warrior is the least of his/her threats—ignorant, or just plain bad. The problem with Great Sword is hundred blades, and not in the way every nay sayer is describing the power. The Great Sword relies on Hundred Blades too heavily in order for Great Sword to be viable in anything structured. The Great Sword in fact is a secondary weapon in SPVP or WvWvW.

Great Sword Warriors usually come in after the facts, when their team has exhausted their opponents utilities or elites.

(edited by Brolleun Hunter.7862)

in Warrior

Posted by: Poizie.5187

Poizie.5187

Im almost full exotic berserker…got 3 rare berserker jewelry…and honestly hundred blades does way too much damage and isnt very hard to get off and with rush and ww it is easy to get in and get out fast. Only once in a blue moon does hundred blades final hit go off. Today i saw my first hundred blades do over 30k dam….

variations of Poiz – Talons [BT] – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

i do 20k crit with hundred blades on average around 15-18k , i was just in wvw and killed 4 noobs that just stood still and let me do a full hundred blades on them , and i even 1 shot people in wvw with kill shot with around 10-13k crit

and thats just 1 hit haha

in Warrior

Posted by: knyy.8276

knyy.8276

i am no glass cannon, but my 100blades does max 10k dmg on light armor professions in wvw with 3orb buff (ive specced 20 strength, 20 discipline).
so if you do 20k dmg you are a glass cannon i guess? so you do eat dmg like hell?
unless a warrior is specced fully glass cannon, 100blades does not make 13k+ dmg, unless the victims are glass cannons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreit.4709

Kreit.4709

Just to compare: elementalist’s fire grab in glass cannon spec does less damage, lesser cone AND has 40 sec cooldown. 100b has 8 sec cooldown. And in riffle build u have 2 sinlge target skills with almost same damage as 100b. So warrior can do 8-10k crits by one skill with 8-10 sec cooldown. Sure, its very fair. Give my ele skill, similar to 100b and I’ll be happy.
P.S. I have warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

Lets compare it to ranger glass cannon rapid fire with quickness its 12k crit dmg in 3 seconds and its easy evade

while warriors does 20k in 1 second

in Warrior

Posted by: Sarnind.4053

Sarnind.4053

atm the warrior is the best class in WvWvW, HB + whirlwind is the best aoe combo damage of the game, warrior is the best dps of the game, aoe and single targhet, has a lot of utility, charge , stun, lot of might, frenzy, fury, swiftness, all spammable, has a heavy armor and a lot of hp. No sense

in Warrior

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

ive been playing pvp mmos for 21 years now and we often have forums in EVERY game with people saying “X is overpowered” and then the players of X say “its not overpowered… use SKILL to counter us!!”

i have one simple way to tell in EVERY game what class is the most out of balance
if you look around in the majority of your scenario/warfront/batleground and everyone is the same class and spec… THATS the class thats out of balance.

I know the next 40 replies will be people saying “NO WAY d00d, I was in a wf today and we had 17 engies and 14 elementalist and i was the only warrior!!!!!” but lets be honest, this is not accurate.
and when you see warriors we are all the same spec I dont even see hammer warriors for the knockdown with greatsword…. no your all Shield for the gap closer, knock down, frenzy root hundred blades.
the first video went up and the copy cat syndrome has followed.

saying greatsword is the only viable spec, is like saying Chris Bosh is “just ok” basketball player…. every night he is next to lebron james, the most overpowered basketball player in nba history so in comparison he looks like a scrub. but put him on his own team and he would look quite powerful.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tekla.2139

Tekla.2139

Dropping player down so fast.. lol try to stand 3 second in metor shower please.
Dunno why u ppl are so mad at warrior when it is clearly the most unplayable class in WwW.
Sure thing that lv “80” ppl wearing lv1 gear will get 1shotted by any critical hit, anyhow,
the issue arise by the time the other side is wearing lv 76-80 gear.
You don’t stad a chance unless u go full DPS, and even in that setup ours skill are not reliable, take rush or bull charge or whahtever skill in example: all of em are pretty much bugged, and if u end your opponent down while in glass cannon spec GJ u was the most lucky kitten to land some hit.

I know, by where all this come, is just that ppl take PvE behavior and apply them on the class spec.
It doesn’t work like that and look as far i can see the idea behind it is easy, our class sucks on PvE? good because in PvP u are a GOD (* and obviously vice-versa ).

And 10k DMG on WwW defender or attacker done by a warrior, lol i’d like to see that and how it end.

(edited by Tekla.2139)

in Warrior

Posted by: Poizie.5187

Poizie.5187

“Dropping player down so fast.. lol try to stand 3 second in metor shower please.”
not even comparable

variations of Poiz – Talons [BT] – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: zeoli.3250

zeoli.3250

Tbh, would it not be better to swap it out to be the gs’s burst skill and move the current burst skill to replace hundred blades?
Think about it, no being able to pair it with a axe burst skill or anything like that.

in Warrior

Posted by: zeoli.3250

zeoli.3250

“Dropping player down so fast.. lol try to stand 3 second in metor shower please.”

Did you know that the ele causing said storm has 13k hp if they didnt stack vitality. And doing that damage it seems that the ele does have 13k hp.

Warriors have almost double that has standard.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

In This Thread: irrelevant comparisons and weak arguments that have no idea how to evaluate the problem as a whole.

I use a Greatsword/Hammer combo. I run Bull’s Charge, but no Frenzy. When I see another warrior using a GS that initiates his combo, I smile, because I know I have a very large chance of winning the fight.

How many ideas have come out in this thread to fix the problem? None? I haven’t seen any. How about this:

Cut the channel time in half. Leave the total number of hits the same. Reduce the damage per hit by 40-50%. The same or a bit more overall DPS, more mobility with less root time, and about half of the burst potential while Frenzied. A strong burst combo, but not the end of the world. Still a number of hits to synergize with GS crits giving Might.

Honestly, I could care less what they do with it. I only use about half of the animation anyway before ending with a Whirlwind and moving on.

And BishopX, I use a Hammer for the AoE/team-fight control. I don’t use Frenzy. Not all warriors are the same cheese-y spec designed for instant gratification against a lack of coordination or experience, so let’s be honest: you’re exaggerating for effect just as much as your example about engis and elems.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lee Andy Palmer.9453

Lee Andy Palmer.9453

I think Hundred Blades is fine. It generally doesn’t require a high skill ceiling, and experienced (and hopefully, skilled) players can quite easily avoid it. I haven’t been caught in it in quite a while unless the fight has been large and my dodges/stun breakers needed to be used on other things.

The skill improves greatly with greater team coordination, which is the point I believe, since it’s easy to avoid the warrior using bolas/shield bash/bull’s charge etc, but if that ranger runs up to you and drops Grasping Roots as the warrior arrives, you’re sooooo stuffed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tekla.2139

Tekla.2139

“Did you know that the ele causing said storm has 13k hp if they didnt stack vitality. And doing that damage it seems that the ele does have 13k hp.

Warriors have almost double that has standard."

And so what? warrior have around 18k w/o stacking vitality and far less DPS then an elementalist.
A DPS elementalist will crap the kitten out of any insert your class here while either defending or attacking a fort..
Just for fun u should try to go on some underdog server, unmanned or whatever and try to see how the other side of the coin is, you know instead of running around with the zerg fest.

HB is a multiskill which require 3 sec for doing around 800-8600 damage. TOTAL 8600.
Meteor shower is a single dot area skill and does 5400-6800 per tick per 9 sec. TOTAL 19800. Boom.