I might reconsider Spellbreaker

in Warrior

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

So now during stresstest ive been able to give SB another try, and i must say. The soundseffects, visuals from the daggers, and feels sorta fast, I might actually World PvE with these. Sure the dmg is very lacking compared to like Axe, and i only play power cause i dont own any condi gear. So i wouldt mind if they got buffed or something.

But yeah these dagger might grow on me. Even for a PvE scrub :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackwaltz.7156

Blackwaltz.7156

Well, sure, everything works on pve outside high level fractals and raids.
Thing is, people want to play something to help them become masters at their class, not remain scrubs.

I am trying SB too on the Stresstest, but kitten it feels like a sidegrade to berserker axe/axe at the very best.

in Warrior

Avipt.9632

Yeah im not trying to justify its bad dmg. Im just so tired of berserker and wanted something fresh, hence why i might still roll with dagger. I never raid and do fractals anyway

in Warrior

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I’m with you, OP. I like how it plays with the daggers, and I can also finally have an asura warrior that doesn’t look ridiculous.

in Warrior

Avipt.9632

After some more testing I have to admit, a slight dmg buff would be a welcome :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

The playstyle isn’t bad, but I just wish it had more damage and better bursts. Having crappy burst feels like it goes against warrior design.

in Warrior

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

I can also finally have an asura warrior that doesn’t look ridiculous.

My main is an Asuran Warrior and he has always had my favourite animations. Flipping around with 100 Blades feels so satisfying when compared to just slashing a bunch of times with other races.

in Warrior

Avipt.9632

The playstyle isn’t bad, but I just wish it had more damage and better bursts. Having crappy burst feels like it goes against warrior design.

I know right, i had some satisfying crits with nr 4 i believe? maybe put that skill on ammo? atleast that would be somewhat of a burst. But burst dmg should come from a skill called BURST dmg :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

My main is an Asuran Warrior and he has always had my favourite animations. Flipping around with 100 Blades feels so satisfying when compared to just slashing a bunch of times with other races.

To each his own, I guess. I never really liked these “hanging-in-the-air” animations on Asura. They do have the best animations in the game, but these particular ones irked me. D/D Asura spellbreaker looked just perfect though.

My issue (as another PvE scrub) is that dagger spellbreaker doesn’t really have enough cleave/AoE. Full Counter is nice, dagger 5 is nifty (for reflection more than anything) but that’s about it. 2-3-4 on dagger are all single-target, so is the burst, and slotting that AoE boon-stripping meditation in overland PvE is a waste most of the time.

(edited by Ariurotl.3718)