I miss my Axe Warrior from GW1

in Warrior

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

The Warrior I played in GW1 was an axe warrior and his entire focus was doing as much damage to a single target as possible. This has now been taken over by the great sword but I would love to be able to dual wield axes and have all the weapon skills be single target attacks. I like the single-double-triple chop and the dual strike. All the rest do not fit with how I want to play my warrior. That is why I use the greatsword because I want to play as a single target damage dealer rather than an AoE build or Bleed build.

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

But GS is aoe…

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Chrispytoast.3698

It only has 1 skill that could be considered AoE, and that is whirlwind attack. All the other abilities are directed at doing damage straight in front of you and only hit enemies in front of you. AoE hits around you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

It only has 1 skill that could be considered AoE, and that is whirlwind attack. All the other abilities are directed at doing damage straight in front of you and only hit enemies in front of you. AoE hits around you.

It’s called “frontal AoE” or “cone AoE”.

Also, Eviscerate.

in Warrior

Chrispytoast.3698

If I am not mistaken every weapon the warrior uses has the “frontal AoE” or “cone AoE” excluding rifle and longbow

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

The entire game is frontal aoe.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Chrispytoast.3698

ok, so if the entire game is frontal AoE then every weapon is technically an AoE weapon. However I would consider the GS a single target damage dealer, axes as AoE damage, and swords as bleeding damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Actually, no. AoE is “Area of Effect”. I.e.: skills that hit multiple units in an area. Almost all melee attacks the warrior has have cleave, so they’re all AoE – And if you don’t know how to use them as such that’s your fault, not the class’s. Greatsword is actually more AoE than Axe.

If you want single target spike damage go Axe + Shield. Shield Bash > Eviscerate feels good when it lands.

in Warrior

Posted by: Glittertush.7580

Glittertush.7580

Axe axe / mace is actually the highest dps output you can have atm… Just go full zerk and watch your 3.2k-4.2k auto attacks twice a second and realize GS is outdated. Also 1 axe full auto rotation is 100blade dmg minus the last attack, but has no CD like GS.

(edited by Glittertush.7580)

in Warrior

Posted by: Tru Reptile.6058

Tru Reptile.6058

You know what I miss about the GW1 Warrior? Stance dancing. Alternating between Frenzy and Rush was a fun and rewarding experience. Instead we a get a kittenty burst mechanic…

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

If you want Axe to feel more single-target go Axe/Sword. You’ll have one “aoe skill” by your personal definition

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Chrispytoast.3698

The problem with Axe/Sword is that the last two are bleeds all I want is direct damage. I will try the Axe/Mace Combo

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Axe axe / mace is actually the highest dps output you can have atm… Just go full zerk and watch your 3.2k-4.2k auto attacks twice a second and realize GS is outdated. Also 1 axe full auto rotation is 100blade dmg minus the last attack, but has no CD like GS.

Please tell me how you defend yourself or even move with that setup.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

I’m running axe shield with high toughness…and i gotta say it’s much more fun than the old one. High toughness while still having 2k power and 60% crit, hitting autoattack for 1.5-2k constantly.

That said, i really wish that dual axe was viable >_>

in Warrior

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Honestly, if you wanna do good single target dps, grab an axe and auto attack. With axe/mace you can add some vulnerability to this, but it will never be like GW1 where you chain/rotate 3-5 attack skills constantly for a max output. Auto attack is the highest dps “skill”.