Reasons for Massive Warrior Nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rapr.8526

Rapr.8526

So as the topic well says i would like an explanation from some smart guy that explains me why would a class that is in the lowest tier of pvp would get a nerf this badly? many ppl think s that is because of the expasion but look at other classes… kitten it even thief got buffed again kitten … guys this something SAD this not only hurting us NOW, it will hurt us even with spellbreaker… i personally think this abuse shouldnt be tolerated, can somebody pls give me a good reason?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

My condolences…I think

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Warrior

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

I think I can.

With the new slew of Elite Specs coming out, people are worried that ANet is just power creeping the new specs, and nerfing the older specs is part of some devious plan to incentivize the newer ones.

While a tiny portion of this fear is legitimate, there’s a more realistic expectation: You see, GW2 was never supposed to be about elite specs being a straight upgrade, but rather a different option for your character to have in a given situation. Berserker, for example, provides lots of stun breaks, decent CC, and some condi-damage support previously lacking on Warrior. Until now, with the way the class worked, Berserker was a 100% upgrade over base Warrior. Now, on the other hand, that is being changed, and you see this across the board: Elementalist’s Tempest elite spec is being driven more towards its support theme, Reaper is being steered away from condi-damage because it was always supposed to be a tanky, melee-oriented power elite, etc.

Basically, what’s happening is that elite specs are being turned into OPTIONS for characters, rather than straight upgrades. Even Spellbreaker is limited to TWO adrenaline bars, which means it STILL won’t have the sustain of three bar bursts. It’s a good direction for the game to take, even if it has immediate consequences that are difficult to predict.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

^^ I agree with Manijin. There’s bound to be additional balancing down the road as Anet sees how everything plays out in the different game modes, but I don’t think this was a targeted “Berserker is OP compared to everything else, so it must be nerfed accordingly” sort of thing.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

I think I can.

Basically, what’s happening is that elite specs are being turned into OPTIONS for characters, rather than straight upgrades. Even Spellbreaker is limited to TWO adrenaline bars, which means it STILL won’t have the sustain of three bar bursts. It’s a good direction for the game to take, even if it has immediate consequences that are difficult to predict.

Well said, that seems like what is happening.

in Warrior

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

This would great reasoning, if it only applied to any other class besides warrior. No class got hit like warrior.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Rapr.8526

Rapr.8526

I think I can.

With the new slew of Elite Specs coming out, people are worried that ANet is just power creeping the new specs, and nerfing the older specs is part of some devious plan to incentivize the newer ones.

While a tiny portion of this fear is legitimate, there’s a more realistic expectation: You see, GW2 was never supposed to be about elite specs being a straight upgrade, but rather a different option for your character to have in a given situation. Berserker, for example, provides lots of stun breaks, decent CC, and some condi-damage support previously lacking on Warrior. Until now, with the way the class worked, Berserker was a 100% upgrade over base Warrior. Now, on the other hand, that is being changed, and you see this across the board: Elementalist’s Tempest elite spec is being driven more towards its support theme, Reaper is being steered away from condi-damage because it was always supposed to be a tanky, melee-oriented power elite, etc.

Thank u for ur comment, i agree with most of the thinks u’ve said, but like u very well said it’s an immediate consequence and will STILL be… so how is that fair for warriors? what about other classes i mean, what ur basically telling me is to wait for expansion and hope for the best? so we can have more “OPTIONS” and see what happens? im sry but i disagree on that part.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cross.3482

Cross.3482

just check the other thread reasoning has been provided there already. and no spell breakers wont have issues maintaining 3 BP stack.

“It remains to be seen, but I don’t think Spellbreaker will have much difficulty maintaining 3 stacks of BP due to the minor trait Attacker’s Insight. Especially so if Counters end up counting as a burst as far as BP, AH, and CI go.” taken from the other thread

how can anyone defend a nerf to arguably one of the kitten builds already is beyond me. its either they are prolly running a condi build, an anet white knight that would defend anything anet says (esp if they are not affected) or a straight up troll that thrives in the misery of others.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Reaper is being steered away from condi-damage because it was always supposed to be a tanky, melee-oriented power elite

Nope, nothing like that happen. Reaper hasn’t change a bit except for one trait that gave him a different kind of sustain from GS. The only thing they did was nerfing the shroud as a whole and make some room for corruption by stripping core necro signet from their corruption.

Power reaper is still in it’s awkward state where you have to play condi to reach a descent amount of damage where high damage are valued and the power build are still threatening for players due to gravedigger however power spec didn’t improved at all and condi spec barely lose any damage. That’s the reality.

On personal not, I never got the quack for berserker and I liked to play axe. Let’s be honest, My build gained more damage and 5% more attack speed. I don’t feel nerfed at all personally.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I think I can.

if this was the case they wouldve started these nerfs years ago. not until a few months before their new elite spec came out. they ruined zerker for this.

im bad at sarcasm

in Warrior

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

Reaper is being steered away from condi-damage because it was always supposed to be a tanky, melee-oriented power elite

Nope, nothing like that happen. Reaper hasn’t change a bit except for one trait that gave him a different kind of sustain from GS. The only thing they did was nerfing the shroud as a whole and make some room for corruption by stripping core necro signet from their corruption.

Power reaper is still in it’s awkward state where you have to play condi to reach a descent amount of damage where high damage are valued and the power build are still threatening for players due to gravedigger however power spec didn’t improved at all and condi spec barely lose any damage. That’s the reality.

On personal not, I never got the quack for berserker and I liked to play axe. Let’s be honest, My build gained more damage and 5% more attack speed. I don’t feel nerfed at all personally.

And that’s part of the issue at the moment. I’ve also heard that the base game is going to be getting more updates before the expansion, specifically rearranging skills to add Barrier, an entirely new mechanic, to the base classes. This could also affect elite specs, depending on how it’s handled.

Overall, I get that people are upset, and I’m not defending ANet nerfing things without reasonable cause. But we also expected Barrier to be hitting the base game on the 8/8 patch, and it didn’t, which tells me we probably have more big patches, likely before next weekend’s Open Playtest, before everything is in place pre-expansion.

Really, I’m just expecting that, over the next month or so, the state of the game is going to be really rocky because I don’t think they want to roll out all their changes at once. I’m just reserving judgment until we see patches and class changes stabilize across the board.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

This would great reasoning, if it only applied to any other class besides warrior. No class got hit like warrior.

Necro says hi.

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

yeah it is an abysmal nerf.
BERSERKER suffers the most from the nerf to BERSERKERS power…
i swear Anet just let cats run over their keyboards to decide what gets ruined each month.

a 20% damage boost becoming 7% is freaking ridiculous.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Even Spellbreaker is limited to TWO adrenaline bars, which means it STILL won’t have the sustain of three bar bursts. It’s a good direction for the game to take, even if it has immediate consequences that are difficult to predict.

I’d also add that tooltips we have seen so far states directly that for spellbreaker burst skills are capped at t1, since I have personally seen this one before patch I thought it’s just bringing berserker in line with this standard since it had one bar counting as 3

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Warrior

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

This is what happens in most games, new specs/classes come out and they are made out to be the baddest kid on the block. A month or two down the line they get toned back, and by the next expansion are eclipsed by the new up and coming thing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xeph.4718

Xeph.4718

The reasons are the same as always, someone at some point moaned about Warrior in PvP, Raiding or WvW.

As a mainly PVE player these days, partly due to a lack of PvP I actually enjoy for a long time now, it’s the usual case of having to suffer because of whine and balance.

Or, the guy who does the balance patches fell out with the guy who created warriors so he decided to teach him a lesson.

Pandion Knights – Seafarer’s Rest
www.pandionknights.co.uk
Ava Solaris – Warrior SFR

(edited by Xeph.4718)

in Warrior

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

For it’s level of mobility, sustain, and mitigation, it still needs more damage output reduction.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I actually think warrior is better now then it was

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Necro says hi.

Necro was at least being used in high level PvP when it got slapped.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Necro says hi.

Necro was at least being used in high level PvP when it got slapped.

Necros also raised holy hell on their forum and reddit after the last nerf and got something back for it, doesn’t seem to be working for Power Warrior fans.

in Warrior

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

I think I can.

Coincidentally, they just remembered that when have a new expansion just 1 month to come out?

This game is shooting the warriors in the trash can.

I’m going quit this kitten .

Not even the pvp I liked, I never played warrior to be a thumping monkey “hit and run” like thievs. The playstyle is kinda ridiculous and it’s just one that i shouldnt expect friom the warrior. The mace / shield warrior is just a precarious arrangement that the players themselves invented to compensate for the main concept of the warrior that was destroyed.

When I leave, I will still tell anyone who wants to play Guild Wars 2: do not be fooled by old warriors videos with Greatsword, warriors in this game have a different concept from the other games and expect you to play as thiev, “hit and run and hiding” , So do not waste time creating warriors, create a Thiev or Mesmer.

in Warrior

ugrakarma.9416

For it’s level of mobility, sustain, and mitigation, it still needs more damage output reduction.

no one kill another with “mobility”. They should increase tankness and damage, and remove “mobility” garbage if they want.

in Warrior

ugrakarma.9416

The reasons are the same as always, someone at some point moaned about Warrior in PvP, Raiding or WvW.

As a mainly PVE player these days, partly due to a lack of PvP I actually enjoy for a long time now, it’s the usual case of having to suffer because of whine and balance.

Or, the guy who does the balance patches fell out with the guy who created warriors so he decided to teach him a lesson.

And theres already a cry to nerf SpellBreaker.

Anet should put on his Ads when he sells this game: “we have only elementalists, mesmers, the other classes are only weak imitations of these, dont be fooled”.