Rifle in spvp considered scrubby/cheesy?

in Warrior

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

Seemed like I get lot of hate when I do…

Kimditcher

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

you know what? good. they can complain all they want. you just do what makes you happy. people complain because warriors have one good skill, i’m really sick of being nice about it. so just tell then to kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Yeah, I think so. I assume you were running a Gunflame build which, tbh, supports a really lazy style of play (not to say that’s your style), which basically has you destroying people on a point from distance but otherwise being near useless if pressured.

I wish Anet would make it so the rifle was more rewarding of good play and less of crap play, but I agree with emkelly despite all of the above. Warriors don’t have many good alternatives.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Thanks choppy. I don’t even play gunflame but I am sick of people complaining about our one advantage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

I’ve started playing it, it’s fun and more than likely the most effective build we have.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Try wonderers amulet+malandru runes+ sigil of smoldering+ sword torch longbow, go berserker discipline defense and endure pain dolyak signet and signet of rage. Its fun and surprisingly tanky I’ll post the build as soon as I get to a computer

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTjMdQXI23BOeAnIWgCsjEYAIlhU5uALg3W7td3C-TJhAAB6XGIkTBAAPBAY2fAA

as promised this is what i run. its really fun.

• Use signet of rage at the start of the match to get to your point quickly.
  • At the begging of your fight enter berserk through your signet of fury
  • Your bow is your support weapon. use it when you have a team to support.
  • Your sword is your Solo weapon, use it when you are alone.
  • I strongly recommend combat camera with this build
  • Flaming Flurry can easily give you 5k burning ticks. Mesmers, Necros, Thieves, Elementalists and DHs freaking melt to it. (literally)
  • Scorched Earth Is unavoidable burns in a huge feild. Also i have noticed that firing through it procs my projectile finishers more often not sure why. This is my weapon of choice when fighting thieves as they have to get into the field to hit me.
  • Thousand Blades is crap, never use it unless you absolutist cannot help it. you can get maybe 1.5k bleed ticks off it though.
  • Combustive shot is not bad though. use it when you cannot get into berserk mode.
  • Everyone knows how to use endure pain, but i like to use it right at the start, then let the auto proc activate. Use Dolyak signet at the end of a stun chain. this will give you stability, break stun and give you a much needed chance to dodge.
  • If for some reason you have tons of condies and need to get away pop healing signet
  • Finally, use Signet of rage every time it procs.
  • I use Sigil of Rage, but you can use Sigil of Might, or Sigil of Blood

(edited by emkelly.2371)

in Warrior

Posted by: CombatEvolve.9238

CombatEvolve.9238

• Scorched Earth Is unavoidable burns in a huge feild. Also i have noticed that firing through it procs my projectile finishers more often not sure why. This is my weapon of choice when fighting thieves as they have to get into the field to hit me.

Likely because the field is made up of multiple aoe boxes. So each box is a chance to proc Projectile Finishers.

Summer Dawnguard/Taffy The Toymaker
Ehmry Bay loud and proud
Onyx Guard [oG]

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Seemed like I get lot of hate when I do…

If they complain,you’re doing something right.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Yeah, I think so. I assume you were running a Gunflame build which, tbh, supports a really lazy style of play (not to say that’s your style), which basically has you destroying people on a point from distance but otherwise being near useless if pressured.

I wish Anet would make it so the rifle was more rewarding of good play and less of crap play.

It can be pressured easily, exactly. If people don’t focus him they deserve to die. To be viable you have to play it like a mesmer(excep you dont have teleports). You climb up to places and kite people around jumping puzzles which is not a lazy playstyle in my opinion.

in Warrior

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

Yes I use gunfire build

Kimditcher

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

It can be pressured easily, exactly. If people don’t focus him they deserve to die. To be viable you have to play it like a mesmer(excep you dont have teleports). You climb up to places and kite people around jumping puzzles which is not a lazy playstyle in my opinion.

To be clear, I’m not saying people who use gf inherently use a lazy playstyle, I’m saying gunflame rewards a lazy playstyle about almost as much as it rewards skilled play. It’s the reason I hate it.

But climbing to places out of reach to shoot unbockable gunflames into fights in progress, especially with the invulns we can pop, doesn’t require much skill either. It might be smart (because it works), but anyone could do it just like a new player spamming longbow 2 on a ranger.

Doing what Vaans has done in some of his wvw videos would count as skilled in my book though… where there’s straight on melee engagement, often outnumbered, baiting out dodges, etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I don’t even care, rifle is great as a power and condi weapon. I’ve gotten called out for it like you have, from people playing things like druid, reaper, tempest, etc. like you’re telling me I’m cheap/cheesy when you’re playing that kitten? lol get real

in Warrior

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Every other Elite spec is abusing the hell out of their trait lines and skills so no reason not to do the same. I would add the warrior has far more reasons to abuse Gun Flame as the rest of the class is pretty subpar currently. I would add that Gun Flame is very OP but in a strange way it is sort of balanced out on the warrior in PvP. In WvW, Gun Flame is just straight up evil.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Every other Elite spec is abusing the hell out of their trait lines and skills so no reason not to do the same. I would add the warrior has far more reasons to abuse Gun Flame as the rest of the class is pretty subpar currently. I would add that Gun Flame is very OP but in a strange way it is sort of balanced out on the warrior in PvP. In WvW, Gun Flame is just straight up evil.

But rifle isn’t balanced in a good way. Excluding the few that play it skillfully, it’s an OP tool for scrubby players making the game practically unplayable from relative safety or squishies that are total liabilities for their teams.

Keep in mind that warriors aren’t just the class that have the opportunity to abuse this awful (but by no means most powerful) spec, we also have to confront it with everyone else. Keep in mind that our sustain isn’t great, we’re principally melee oriented, and we rely on block more than most classes.

Our rifle needs to move away from the “big burst but useless otherwise” concept because it’s bad for the game. It doesn’t need a power nerf though… just a redistribution. Other skills like True Shot on the DH should be adjusted for the same reason.