Spellbreaker isn't very good in pvp

in Warrior

Posted by: WUROCKET.5182

WUROCKET.5182

The whole spec is based around going full glass and double dagger has nothing but mediocre damage with a tiny bit of cc and mobility. Painfully easy to kite… warriors sprint and bulls charge feel like must takes.

Prepare to instantly melt in any teamfight, spec brings nothing better for dealing with condis (and there are gonna be a LOT of them)

Might Makes right builds don’t work too well either because you lose out on either disc or defense by taking strength.

Your guys thoughts?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

Same as you, dagger’s auto-attack deals too low damage, 2 is very slow animation, skill 3 and 4 are good, and this 5, while I do like swiftness a lot, it doesn’t really do great amount of damage. So far, axe auto-attack > spellbreaker damage.

Dagger needs more damage on autoattacks and 5th skill, with faster animation on 2nd skill.

Might Makes Right doesn’t work well with daggers, or the spec, there is not enough might gain with Spellbreaker spec

in Warrior

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

you can tank on point with m/s and str,but again,anything 2m above you and you are finished.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Eh,

strength, disc, spellbreaker
dagger/shield + greatsword
might on hit + other might traits

Seems fine to me. Heavy use of full counter is where much of your damage comes from. Boonstrip is real, and all is well.

Ditch defense and healing signet. It’s decent. Screw offhand dagger its trash.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

I win like 85 % of my duels so it canĀ“t be that bad

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Condi Spellbreaker. Hmmm.. delish…

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

You know that you don’t need to play spellbreaker with daggers, right? You can use almost any other weapon set you want and get better results. Spelbraker is very strong spec, just be sure that you don’t use daggers and you will be fine.

in Warrior

WUROCKET.5182

Condi Spellbreaker. Hmmm.. delish…

Im doing much better using this… if spellbreaker turns out to be a condi spec…

in Warrior

Posted by: NeedCoffee.1402

NeedCoffee.1402

Spellbreaker isn’t very good in pvp

Your guys thoughts?

LOL

Asus RIVE * i7 3820 E @4.7 Ghz (on air) * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoshinohi.1896

Hoshinohi.1896

Your guys thoughts?

LOL

signed I wonder if those who complain have any idea of using a class other than in melee combat one vs one. Allready had a noob that complained about deadeye is to weak……. some people really do not understand why warrior and deadeye are completely op.

in Warrior

Posted by: NeedCoffee.1402

NeedCoffee.1402

Your guys thoughts?

LOL

signed I wonder if those who complain have any idea of using a class other than in melee combat one vs one. Allready had a noob that complained about deadeye is to weak……. some people really do not understand why warrior and deadeye are completely op.

Yes sir. Spellbreaker Warrior is the anti condi in a world FULL of condi.
I was 1v1’ing a condi necro today. I had full health almost the whole time.

Asus RIVE * i7 3820 E @4.7 Ghz (on air) * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133

in Warrior

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

Your guys thoughts?

LOL

hmmm,wasnt that sindererr by any chance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

I remember the FIRST thing I attempted, and im THAT kinda of person, and it was a Mace/Shield + Hammer Bully Spec. The fact you can Boonstrip Stability with the dozens of CC skills you have makes it so people cant even get away from you, and if they try to retaliate you just Full Counter them and restun them.
Spellbreaker even gets to use its Burst Skills as much as Berserker, if not more when you get on a role because Full Counter resets Burst Skills and is also affected by the 33% Adrenaline Refund. Though that whole “When you remove a boon deal damage” trait makes it not god awful at damage.

Build wasnt much in 1v1s but in Team Fights it just turned into me Constantly CCing the enemy team inside my Elite Field with Hammer Burst and Magebane Tethers and watching them all die to the rest of my team.

in Warrior

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Prepare to instantly melt in any teamfight, spec brings nothing better for dealing with condis (and there are gonna be a LOT of them)

Whaaa???? There are concerns about the line but this thing can keep resistance up an awfully long time. Featherfoot Grace and Revenge Counter are solid choices.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

I remember the FIRST thing I attempted, and im THAT kinda of person, and it was a Mace/Shield + Hammer Bully Spec. The fact you can Boonstrip Stability with the dozens of CC skills you have makes it so people cant even get away from you, and if they try to retaliate you just Full Counter them and restun them.
Spellbreaker even gets to use its Burst Skills as much as Berserker, if not more when you get on a role because Full Counter resets Burst Skills and is also affected by the 33% Adrenaline Refund. Though that whole “When you remove a boon deal damage” trait makes it not god awful at damage.

Build wasnt much in 1v1s but in Team Fights it just turned into me Constantly CCing the enemy team inside my Elite Field with Hammer Burst and Magebane Tethers and watching them all die to the rest of my team.

Except CC doesnt strip stability because the trait doesn’t work like that so your entire feedback doesn’t make any sense?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

Except CC doesnt strip stability because the trait doesn’t work like that so your entire feedback doesn’t make any sense?

Except it does? Unless its not supposed to? I vividly remember some guy having 5 Stability stacks and I hit him with something that removes Boons and all 5 stacks dropped immediately.

in Warrior

WUROCKET.5182

I feel like we are living in different worlds here. Resistance feels beyond useless if there is a scourge on the other team.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

Lol spellbreaker is amazing in pvp, no clue how you are playing this class

in Warrior

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

I feel like we are living in different worlds here. Resistance feels beyond useless if there is a scourge on the other team.

We literally have several ways to apply resistance now. Revenge counter wrecks scourges.

I find disc/strength/spellbreaker seems to be working out well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Except it does? Unless its not supposed to? I vividly remember some guy having 5 Stability stacks and I hit him with something that removes Boons and all 5 stacks dropped immediately.

The 2 skills that remove boons, Dagger F1 and the utility, will strip stab as per any other boon. The trait that strips boons on stun/daze/KD doesn’t strip anything if the enemy has stab, it just removes a stack of stab as per normal. That said if you trait for the aoe boon removal in the GM you’re probably splashing some boon removal from someone else you hit without stab onto the dude with Earthshaker.

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

not even a full weekend in and people already complaining. Unless you have played warrior for 5 years as a main and have tried every single new sigil, rune, weapon and trait combination possible, you have no place in saying that something is bad.

That being said, I notice that a lot of warriors don’t know how to be ‘squishy’, which it seems that the SpellBreaker will certainly be. This build is VERY dependent on Full Counter which is awesome because it makes you think about when to use it. Warriors that make the best use of Full Counter will be the best warriors in PvP.

Also, double weapons in this game will ALWAYS be horrible for warrior in PvP. When has Axe/Axe, or Sword/Sword, or any other double weapon combo in the game EVER been viable for warrior? I won’t even mention Mace/Mace. lol. Use a shield. It’s literally the best weapon in the game for the warrior.

Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

d/d + gs, demolisher amulet, leadership runes

defense, disc and spellbreaker

healing signet, the superspeed + resis SB skill, endure pain, bers stance and elite signet.

Enjoy.

-Been enjoying it myself very much. Kicked ass on it. Don’t know what you’re all on about saying it’s bad. Perhaps try watching a stream. Rom’s perhaps..-

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Does Loss aversion have a target cap or an ICD? I notice that when i use earthshaker I can inmediately do full counter and then earthshaker again, and sometimes right back to full counter again. Wrecks groups of people massively.

in Warrior

WUROCKET.5182

healing signet, the superspeed + resis SB skill, endure pain, bers stance and elite signet.

Enjoy.

-Been enjoying it myself very much. Kicked ass on it. Don’t know what you’re all on about saying it’s bad. Perhaps try watching a stream. Rom’s perhaps..-

Core warrior is better than this. Resistance is NOT condi clear… I dont think you guys realize that scourge has AOE boon corruption

in Warrior

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Enjoy.

Core warrior is better than this. Resistance is NOT condi clear… I dont think you guys realize that scourge has AOE boon corruption

Whats your point? Scourge also has AoE condition application, and will apply it faster than you can clear it. Periodic resistance is needed on warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Enjoy.

Resistance is potentially stronger than condi removal due to Revenge Counter. The more condi’s on you, the more you can put on your opponent, and resistance keeps you safe. The boon corruption isn’t that threatening since you can apply resistance again pretty frequently.

in Warrior

Magnito.6187

Enjoy.

There’s something like… don’t get in the aoe’s..
Dodge perhaps? Besides that the condi duration is so low you can easily cover it with resistance.

Besides that, people do not realise how powerfull full counter can be.
I’d gladly take you on my spellbreaker against you on a core warrior.
We’ll see how that turns out.

-Edit-

Warrior actually takes tought and counterplay, instead of mindlessly relying on passives.
A playstyle a lot of warriors aren’t used to. (I used to main mesmer, but big lol at mirage) Pretty sure I’ll be swapping over to spellbreaker for the seasons to come.

(edited by Magnito.6187)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I’ve taken the time to /say “FULL COUNTER, female canine plural”, every time i downed someone with FC. So satisfying

in Warrior

Magnito.6187

I’ve taken the time to /say “FULL COUNTER, female canine plural”, every time i downed someone with FC. So satisfying

Yup, yup and yes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

It feels kinda like thief. Strong 1v1 and need to be careful in team fights

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

not even a full weekend in and people already complaining. Unless you have played warrior for 5 years as a main and have tried every single new sigil, rune, weapon and trait combination possible, you have no place in saying that something is bad.

That being said, I notice that a lot of warriors don’t know how to be ‘squishy’, which it seems that the SpellBreaker will certainly be. This build is VERY dependent on Full Counter which is awesome because it makes you think about when to use it. Warriors that make the best use of Full Counter will be the best warriors in PvP.

Also, double weapons in this game will ALWAYS be horrible for warrior in PvP. When has Axe/Axe, or Sword/Sword, or any other double weapon combo in the game EVER been viable for warrior? I won’t even mention Mace/Mace. lol. Use a shield. It’s literally the best weapon in the game for the warrior.

i played warrior for 5 years in pvp..and i say full counter is pretty easy to dodge. Doesn’t matter squishy or not, warrior lacks the utility/reliable disengage to actually be the burst class that fills the team like thief/guard/mes, unless your burst damage is off this world, like when rampage was buffed but then people learned to dodge and rampage was nerfed
warrior will always be/can only be tanky brawler in pvp in high end 5v5

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Warrior

Posted by: All Matters Fecal.9560

All Matters Fecal.9560

Enjoy.

Had extreme success with this and a few variations of this tonight. Only a few Holosmiths and S/D Daredevils gave me trouble 1v1. I really underestimated the healing signet against the new heal…which the cast time of the new heal got me killed 9/10 times.

I used hammer instead of greatsword with the stun/boon removal trait for AoE team fights or defensive moments and pulled off a handful of clutch plays in sPvP. Copying conditions to the enemy from a Full Counter is a great feeling.

Full Counter>Dagger burst>dagger #3 (immobilize on daze trait)>dagger #4>wait for heal attempt>hammer knockdown (any)>remove boons with utility (sword icon)

in Warrior

Magnito.6187

Enjoy.

Had extreme success with this and a few variations of this tonight. Only a few Holosmiths and S/D Daredevils gave me trouble 1v1. I really underestimated the healing signet against the new heal…which the cast time of the new heal got me killed 9/10 times.

I used hammer instead of greatsword with the stun/boon removal trait for AoE team fights or defensive moments and pulled off a handful of clutch plays in sPvP. Copying conditions to the enemy from a Full Counter is a great feeling.

Full Counter>Dagger burst>dagger #3 (immobilize on daze trait)>dagger #4>wait for heal attempt>hammer knockdown (any)>remove boons with utility (sword icon)

Aye I used it with hammer as well, tho prefer greatsword for it’s mobility thus survival.
That greatsword combined with the dagger leaps can get you out of nasty situations.

I love how warrior actually takes some thought now. I don’t get all the rant. As I stated on another topic:

HOORAY FOR SPELLBREAKERRRRR

in Warrior

Posted by: All Matters Fecal.9560

All Matters Fecal.9560

What thought does it take now that it didn’t take before? It’s still the most straightforward class in the game, in my opinion…which isn’t a bad thing.

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

You guys try roaming on it? I was using some marauder and zerk stuff and thought it seemed pretty stronk. d/d was meh, mace shield and GS was good. Want to use hammer but the mobility then becomes atrocious.

in Warrior

Posted by: ilMasa.2546

ilMasa.2546

I dont play spvp that much,what i do is mostly WvW and honestly,i had great fun with the spellbreaker in the weekend.
I tried all sort of things with the class: roaming,duelling,small scale to following a typical tag blob and have the typical zerg fight.

I made 2 beta spellbreaker:
Friday: the first time i quickly checked all the new utility and traits,went for a full marauder setup and i jumped right into duels and fights in EBG.
Was kinda fun: obiously new to the playstyle and then i quickly tested out the other classes.

Saturday i decided to sit down and figure out a nice balanced build.Made a new speelbreakers and had fights,duells and conversations with others spellbreakers to have some insight or different opinions/idea.

Swapped the marauder for commander in the armor slot,double daggers,mace+shield set up a nice trait comp: had a blast.I spent all the weekend playing mostly this class.

I played vs all the classes: vanilla,HoT specs and the new elites in everysingle possible scenario (wvw speaking) even the stupid ideas like

You telling me i can stripboons with knockbacks…hold on a sec where is Death from above!?
Gliding + [Peak Performance] BAAAM Surprise Aerial Boonstrip.

I killed,i died,i kittened up,i learned,i died and killed again but DAAAM i HAD FUN with the warrior.

Ofc u cant have everything in a single class,u have to make choices and then play accordingly with what u had in mind or with what u have on the go.And once u understand what your weaknesses are u have to think a solution with your current setup or make some changes to addres that specific issue.

People were complaining about getting kited…dude:
Cleansing Ire (get adrenaline when hit) and spam Counter.
Dagger 3 to close gap bullcharge in,strip boons then dagger again
The new R destroy projectiles.Drop it on the enmy or use it to wait for your cds
Mace and shield u have a little gapcloser with shield 4 u can block with shield 5 and mace…I HAD FUN.

(edited by ilMasa.2546)

in Warrior

Posted by: Tinnel.4369

Tinnel.4369

You guys try roaming on it? I was using some marauder and zerk stuff and thought it seemed pretty stronk. d/d was meh, mace shield and GS was good. Want to use hammer but the mobility then becomes atrocious.

d/a GS with Bull’s Charge and Stomp is pretty nasty. Bull’s Charge to axe 5, to Stomp, to dagger 2, 3, F1, F2, F1. You don’t really ever need to get to GS and if they have anything left to run you have GS 5 and 3 left and Bull’s Charge on its way shortly.

d/d works much the same with dagger 3, 4, F1, F2, F1.

It really plays a lot like a kittened off tanky glkittenter interrupt mesmer. Stun, burst, stun, burst, BIG BURST, collect glory.

It’s hard to give up sources of adrenaline from Defense and SoR, but lean on the boon rips to keep you full. Break Enchantments actually crits kinda high and helps keep endurance rolling in especially in +1, 2, or even 3 situations. Don’t underestimate WoD in outnumbered. Depending on your grandmaster the sustain is really kind of ridiculous. I lost a lot of outnumbered fights but not without punishing them severely. Now back to core and the sustain difference really is night and day to me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

I think the key to playing Spellbreaker is the constant pressure you put out. There are so many must dodge combos that eventually the enemy cannot avoid. Draw out that opening and strike hard.