Spellbreaker will improve pvp (mine included)

in Warrior

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

This is not going to be a rant about Spellbreaker’s damage or what not.
It’s a thank you, to Arenanet, for giving the Warrior community an Elite that requires some gray matter to be effective.
I know the majority of the playerbase wants “that class” that melts faces with minimal effort. Look at the sorry state of the condi powercreep in this game.
Spellbreaker is not for them. This Elite is all about timing, all about messing up other people’s roatations and punishing the typical “Imma spam all my stuff and go block/invulnerable” players.
It’s got everything, even the damage is there, if you know WHEN to apply it, if you expect to destroy people in one second, this Elite will make you cry. But if you enjoy tactical confrontations, Spellbreaker will make you grin like a wolf.
You can be easily melted at first, but when you understand how to use this Elite…you are going to be a problem for the opposite team, and the crutches they rely upon.
Welcome , Spellbreaker! ((I Hope you don’t suck in pve ))

in Warrior

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I agree.

/15characters

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I found spellbreaker to be a good 1v1 spec. The biggest thing is getting that 3/4 skill combo off. I was hitting 7-8k when they both crit

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

Seconded. Since HoT (or even the traitline changes before it) everything is just getting overloaded. Spam against spam, more heal vs more damage, more boons vs more boonrip, more conds vs more cond remove. Even small fights can become an incomprehensible mess of procs and overdone effects.
Spellbreaker’s mechanic, for me, is the first glimpse of light regarding gameplay. It’s clear, it’s effective, it makes people think what on when to use it. It’s punishing in the right moment, it can be wasted, even if procced it can be counter-played. When adrenaline is sparse it’s an interesting decision whether to use it for counter or burst. Also, Spellbreaker, in contrast to most other elite specs, feels more like a side-grade to the class and I think that’s what elite specs should be. It comes at a cost (no stage 2/3 F-skills) and in return others something else.

Cheers for more changes that encourage mindful gameplay instead of over the top capabilities in specific areas. Hands down my favorite new thing since pre-HoT.

Edit: typo

(edited by Silinsar.6298)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

I found spellbreaker to be a good 1v1 spec. The biggest thing is getting that 3/4 skill combo off. I was hitting 7-8k when they both crit

Spellbreaker has really strong combos. I think the key to playing Spellbreaker effectively is wearing out your opponent’s defenses, then executing one of many combos. I was successful at landing Arcing Slice—>Full Counter—>Arcing Slice on a few occasions, which will KO your opponent.

in Warrior

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

HOORAY FOR SPELLBREAKER

in Warrior

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I really enjoyed this type of gameplay. At the beginning I was just using my full counter and dagger 5 whenever I could but it started forcing me to think about when to use it. I began to really enjoy 1v1 vs thief, which is very strange for me.

A lot of people before that already knew not to attack me with the golden aura thing around me. The animation is not over the top but I doubt anyone will complain that they can’t see it coming. It’s only 1 and a half seconds long so anyone that activates it, deserves it.

It’s definitely one of the more elegant designs even if it does, of course, need tweaks before release like all the rest.

in Warrior

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

I’m so glad and thankfull there are more souls thinking the same way.

I absolutely felt completely satisfied with this spec. And that hasn’t been the case since I could still play double ranged shatter power mesmer :p

-HOORAY FOR SPELLBREAKERRR-

Thanks. Anet. Joyfully cheering.

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

I also agree.

I dueled one with my main (a core warrior) this weekend and whenever the 3/4 and full counter combo was landed at least once it was usually a loss for me. But whenever I landed a big Eviscerate (12k+) or Killshot (11k+) I usually won. Pretty close most of the time and it was fun.

Its strength’s are countering your opponents through smart play instead of big bursts and that is interesting.

Like what was said earlier, once the community gets better at the timing and more theory-crafting starts happening then it should get a lot stronger.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

While FC seems like a reaction based skill, most of the time I just popped it and ran into an aoe. Lols.

in Warrior

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

dunno about that,any normal person will just leave aoe of elite and gona continue from there or interupt it. its basicly like DH trap,ppl just need to learn to move away from it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Spellbreaker has really strong combos. I think the key to playing Spellbreaker effectively is wearing out your opponent’s defenses, then executing one of many combos. I was successful at landing Arcing Slice—>Full Counter—>Arcing Slice on a few occasions, which will KO your opponent.

I was a big fan on stun chain combos with d/d m/m

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

Agreed. The new spellbreaker spec for PvP looks a lot more skill oriented whilst being extremely rewarding at the same time. If you use your abilities correctly, especially Full Counter,
you can entirely turn a 1v1 around to your favor. It has also given the warrior some much needed personal periodic resistence, boon strip, and condition management that doesn’t come from your utilities.
Sure it may have had a simplified feel to it, but Spellbreaker was just plain fun to play and has a lot of room for some fun theorycrafting and build variations. Being a warrior main since release, I am definitely looking forward to the expansion now.

Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

I have a bad feeling they will up the CD on full counter, however overall I think Spellbreaker was the most fun next to Holosmith out of the elite specs tested and I think Spellbreaker is rather balanced and realistic as opposed to some other specs and how they performed. Dagger was nicely done for the most part.

Mirage seemed stale , it was powerful with Sage amulet but Chrono I think has better functionality and utility overall. Weaver will be basically bunker support. Deadeye will not be used competitively simply based off of it’s functionality of steal alone not to mention how Malice generates in general (no consume plasma against mesmers = a dead thief, etc).

Really though it was too short lived to test COMPLETELY the possibilities and a lot of classes had bugs (mainly Soulbeast , horrible testing experience riddled with bugs – alot of positive bugs and negative bugs).

One issue is I don’t want them to panic balance, by that I mean there’s very little time before the next expansion drops , with such a short testing period prior to this launch I have a bad feeling they will do massive quick adjustments for the expansion then slow , smaller balances after it drops.

This would leave us with possibly over-nerfed/over-buffed classes due to a lackluster testing period just before the official launch period.

Tanbin