in Warrior

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

It’s me. I am the banner thief.

Too many banner thieves: Make Banners able to be picked up by group only

in Warrior

Posted by: Ben.2406

Ben.2406

¬ Summon a banner pls, I wants speed buffs!

in Warrior

Posted by: Edewen.8304

Edewen.8304

Most of the time it is unintentional. Much like pet ressing. people accidentally pick them up while fighting/looting which is annoying for everyone. Increase the radius by 300 and lock them in place bc it is getting ridiculous.

in Warrior

Posted by: kandolo.2574

kandolo.2574

A second ability after casting a banner… let’s say, “Call Banner”… to pick it up would be great. Especially if it would let us pick it up at range or even retrieve it when someone else is holding it.

in Warrior

Posted by: NyghtProwler.9386

NyghtProwler.9386

THANK YOU!!!! This annoys me to death! If I place it somewhere, that is where I want the banner. I didn’t put it there for someone else to pick up and move or worse to get a free run buff.

I use them to rez people and apply buffs. In WvW I have plopped them down only to see some dude run past and pick it up to run to a keep! Really? You’re taking buffs from the players in battle to get to the keep a few seconds faster?

It is frustrating to say the least – I am in favor of only letting the warrior who put the banner down, control it.

Or pop a window saying “so and so is trying to pick your banner up” then letting you click yes or no.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bambi Is Strong.6083

Bambi Is Strong.6083

Doesn’t happen at level 80

in Warrior

Posted by: Koolthulu.9682

Koolthulu.9682

Having everything on the “F” was a mistake. I am constantly grabbing banners when I actually want to loot the mob next to it. Since everyone gets their own loot anyway, why didn’t they just have it automatically added to your inventory as you kill stuff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ceantari.8634

Ceantari.8634

Since everyone gets their own loot anyway, why didn’t they just have it automatically added to your inventory as you kill stuff?

Because your bags can get full.

in Warrior

Posted by: NakedSnake.5096

NakedSnake.5096

Doesn’t happen at level 80

LOL sure it doesn’t.

in Warrior

Posted by: CHunterX.4083

CHunterX.4083

The banner should be placed upon the Warrior’s back when using ~. You should still have the option to place it on the ground for others to carry with “Plant Standard.”

EDIT: Swapped keys.

in Warrior

Posted by: Monkeyboy.2869

Monkeyboy.2869

Annoying when press F does EVERYTHING EVAR!

in Warrior

Posted by: Xaphan.1972

Xaphan.1972

The banners should only be able to be picked up by group members or the cooldowns need to be reduced. Today alone I’ve watched several people run off with my banner intentionally just for the run buff. Getting pretty annoying.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Thought of another (better) control mechanic for banners: if the “Plant Standard” ability 5 is used, the banner can only be picked up by the warrior (and preferably group mates). If the standard drop bundle is used, the banner can be picked up by anyone. Hopefully, the animation for “Plant Standard” could be sped up a tad as well.

The planted banner would then summon a different object name like “Planted Banner of Strength” that could only be interacted with the warrior (or group).

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Warrior

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

Sometimes people in the lower level zones accidentally pick up a Banner which I’ve dropped. I can often see them fiddling with it and casting different things while they try to figure out what they do. Since they normally don’t realize that they can simply drop the Banner through a weapon switch, it takes them a bit to find the #5 Banner key to plant it. All together, no real harm done and I’ve unintentionally given someone a crash course on what a Banner does.

But last night, I got hit by the Banner thieves. I dropped one down as I was preparing to do a big running spree across the zone. The moment it hits the ground, someone else who was running by me grabs it and hits the AoE Swiftness to speed off into the sunset. To be honest, I sat there dumbfounded for a bit. That kinds of junk never happens on Ferguson’s Crossing. Yet it appears that some people do understand what Banners do and are completely sociopathic about it.

It would be nice to impose some kind of limits on moving a Banner. I’d be fine with restricting it to group members for moving or using the Banner objects. While it shouldn’t normally be needed, sometimes things can just get really off kilter.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Warrior

Xaphan.1972

Yeah, I don’t mind the people that pick it up and drop it immediately or right after casting the speed buff.

However, the people that run off with the bannerskitten me off….

in Warrior

Posted by: Wickedjinx.7810

Wickedjinx.7810

I waited around one of my guildies while in WvW because I know when he drops a banner just to intentionally grab it. He ran around and said, wait, where’s my banner? It was a great lol moment (that and i always seem to get left behind our groups so it was OK for me to take his banner!!)

Anyways, I do know how annoying it is, I dont want to pick up other people’s banners and not to mention I just started lvling a warrior and I loathe when randoms I don’t know pick up my banner and run off with it! Anet has to do something about this.

I’m the necro Sylvari with all the flower power and the skirt to match.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bogartan.2756

Bogartan.2756

Give banner owners a new skill when someone else grabs our banner: Detonate! and let it blow up the banner, the carrier, and any enemies around it.

Sorrow’s Furnace
{SN} Sentimental Nightmares
Darsveth, Warrior – Dexter Oliver, Thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Baddestchica.2348

Baddestchica.2348

LOL – I quit using banners and chose other skill combos because of this very issue.

The gaming Madre

in Warrior

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I will randomly pick up a banner when looting, cast all the buffs then drop it. Sometimes I intentionally pick them up to beat enemies over the head with them.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Warrior

Xaphan.1972

Give banner owners a new skill when someone else grabs our banner: Detonate! and let it blow up the banner, the carrier, and any enemies around it.

I like it!

in Warrior

Posted by: BAMBOO.9430

BAMBOO.9430

I take them all the time in WvW. Banners are probably the best way to get a large group of people from A→B with swiftness when a new target has been called.

Although, I can see how this same behavior can grief the warrior and, presumably, his group. The elementalist conjured weapon solution would probably be best, summon one to your hands and one to target area. Then it doesn’t matter too much if someone ‘steals’ your banner for running purposes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kanashi.5104

Kanashi.5104

I thought when the banner was summonsed it applies the buff as boons that last 45 seconds. Picking it up allows for more buffs to be applied and makes the buffs mobile.

Kanashi * Iorianne * Aliza
Twitch.tv/kanashi | KanashiGD.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Malakree.5912

Malakree.5912

Normally when someone drops a banner near me I pick it up, use the swiftness on everyone then put it back down again.

in Warrior

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I totally agree with you OP. Banner “thieves” suck.

in Warrior

Posted by: Naraldeth.3862

Naraldeth.3862

I want this skill implemented into the game immediately!

On a more serious note….The person who said Banners thieves are not found at level 80 is a compulsive liar.
I was doing WvW for 2 hours today and had my banner stolen from me 7 or 8 times by junkie noobs who use it to speed buff themselves into a suicide of 100 enemy soliders, dropping my banner miles out of reach.

in Warrior

Posted by: kandolo.2574

kandolo.2574

The banner should be placed upon the Warrior’s back when using ~. You should still have the option to place it on the ground for others to carry with “Plant Standard.”

EDIT: Swapped keys.

Plant standard is a real ability used for triggering blast finishers. It’s one of the most powerful abilities a banner gives a group. Other people in your group should be encouraged to pick up your banners and trigger blasts with it, especially in fire fields.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

Yes i love it!

ANet please give us this!

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

I made a similar request on the Facebook page prior to the Forums becoming available.

Warrior’s need a way to return the Banner to their hands at range. It’s extemely frustrating to see other players make off with my Banner. Were this an open PvP game, I’d have murderer status already due to just killing Banner thieves.

Make it a Burst skill if necessary.

F2 – “Raise the Colours High!”

Returns your most recently placed Banner to your hands. (Also performs a more powerful version of the #2 skill of said Banner)

in Warrior

Posted by: sirsoncho.5318

sirsoncho.5318

yeah my favorate is when im fighting multiple mobs and have a banner down for the regen and someone takes it runs off and I loose my regen mid fight