Warhorn nerfed?

Warhorn nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I’m looking at the skill description for Quick Breathing, and have noticed that it no longer says that warhorn skills convert a condition to a boon. Is this a typo or did the warhorn take a nerf-bat to the face?

Warhorn nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

It lost a few teeth, but it’s still half-smiling. It’s out-shined by others, but Warriors are still relevant, from my experiences anyway.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

Warhorn nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Well that’s a bummer

Warhorn nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

I’ve been managing, you don’t feel it too much really, unless it’s a very close call. It opens the door for other decent options I suppose, in a backhanded way.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

Warhorn nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Warhorn took a big nerf compared to what it previously offered. Previously it had the conditions to boons but now just gets rid of conditions. It also used to offer 12 seconds of swiftness on a 12 second cooldown (had +20% boon duration in that line) essentially giving the user permaswiftness (minus the casting time) just for having the warhorn equiped. Now it gives a pitiful 10 seconds on 15 second cooldown. Only by traiting for warhorn cooldown and signet cooldown can a warrior have permaswiftness which pigeon holes us into warriors sprint or runes that increase speed if you want to be at equal battle speed as other classes. I’m finding that my ranger with the quickdraw trait is faster than a warrior now…..

Warhorn nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

condition conversion was the most important part of the warhorn… you usually got the counter-boon to your enemy, say a heavy power hitter inflicting vulnerability would give you protection.. a condi spammer would get his poison turned into regeneration.. it was the part which made a skilled shoutbow player godmode and helped to overcome the weaknesses of the shout healing build (weak against sustained high dps, weak against poison). for the average zerg warrior this doesnt matter, but its a big part of why shoutbow has disappeared from roaming / duelling. i’d say bring that kitten back!

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Warhorn nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Warhorn got shoved to the ground and had its bike and lunch money stolen from it.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Warhorn nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Everyone lost a lot of boon duration, so while it is technically a nerf, it’s a global one not a Warrior specific one. Forget swiftness uptime, here’s the real nerf.

Warhorn 4 used to affect 10 targets and traited would convert 1 condition to a boon.

Warhorn 4 now affects 5 targets and traited it simply removes 1 condition.

So you literally affect half as many people, and the provided effect is half what it used to be. That is two 50% nerfs, which makes Warhorn 4 a meager 25% as useful as it used to be. Yes, it used to literally be 4 times better.

But condition converting isn’t “something Warriors should be able to do” according to the devs. Just like protection, or viable team support, apparently. What should Warriors be able to do effectively? No clue, they haven’t figured that part out yet.

Based on the changes, my best guess is we’re supposed to pop rampage and smash people for 15 seconds, then AFK at spawn for a few minutes while its on CD.