in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Forum Bug!!!!!!

Warrior 101

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Edited the first post for grammar and a couple mistakes (like, i totally suggested menders amulet for condi, when i actually meant shaman’s. fixed it.

Warrior 101

in Warrior

Posted by: StefanS.4351

StefanS.4351

you should pin this topic. great work!

Warrior 101

in Warrior

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Thanks for posting this. I got some good info from it.

Warrior 101

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Would that i could. I don’t have control on what Anet decides to sticky lol.

Warrior 101

in Warrior

Posted by: Fig.8257

Fig.8257

Gonna bump for sticky. This is extremely well done. I read this awhile back and wanted to find it again and it took me a little while to find. I think anyone new to the class should give this a read to better understand the class mechanics. Thanks a bunch emkelly.

Warrior 101

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Thanks for the support.

Warrior 101

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Necroposting is not allowed

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Warrior 101

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

You may be right about that normally, but then again the subject matter of this thread lends it’s self to being bumped. At least until Anet decides to Sticky it. If you don’t like it…you should not have bothered posting here and bumping it yet again.

Warrior 101

in Warrior

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Well… we decided to stick it, actually.

Thanks for putting this together, and for keeping it up to date, as well!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Warrior 101

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Thank you! You are awesome. Can i still edit it to keep it up to date?

Warrior 101

in Warrior

Posted by: Eiffel.8937

Eiffel.8937

I don´t think the nightmare rune is working with the interupt trait anymore as they removed fear from it

Warrior 101

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

As long as fear can interrupt, it should still work. I’ll look into it though. thanks.

Distracting strikes: “Cause 4 confusion (8s) when you interrupt a foe.”

Fear: Fear is a condition that causes an enemy to be interrupted and run directly away from the player for a short period of time. Characters suffering from fear will run away from the source of fear and have a dark green tinted skull appear over their heads. Fear counts as a control effect, meaning it can be cleared by both condition removal as well as stun breaks. Fear deals defiance bar damage at a rate of 100 per second.

checked. still works.

(edited by emkelly.2371)

Warrior 101

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Vanilla or Berserker

Let me first point out that i have been very vocal in the past about my opinions about Elite specializations. I will not attempt to dilute what this thread is by bringing that back up. If you want to know my opinions on the matter, just do a forum search of my posts.

Having said that, which spec should you choose?

In a perfect world, Every Specialization and build should have it’s own positives and negatives, in practice, this is never the case with any MMO, Moba, or fighting game. For example: Characters that play like Ryu and Ken will always be better than characters that play like Guile, or Juni,

Of course if you spend time on Guile or Juni, you can become nearly unbeatable with them, and that’s the most important part of this entire analogy.

Vanilla warrior plays much different than Berserker, though you may not notice it right off the bat. Berserker’s main power is gated behind a full adrenaline bar. so if you can make a berserker miss their headbut or deny them a full adrenaline bar, you have a huge advantage. Vanilla warriors don’t need to worry about that. we can throw out a t1 burst every 5 seconds at the very least, and we never need to worry about saving up adrenaline. For a Berserker, using a tier 1 burst is a sign that they are being denied their berserk mode. which means you are pressuring them. One missed headbut, and buys you about 10 seconds to wail on a warrior. (yes eventually they will get 100% adrenaline, but you already have the advantage at that point, and once a berserker has berserk mode it’s very easy to know what they are going to do. (burst, burst, burst)

Vanilla warriors are more unpredicatable. We can come out of a whirling blades into a burst, or a sheildbash, or a kick, or whatever the heck we want. we can burts every 5 seconds, and you may never know what burst we are about to do. baybe it will be arking slice, maybe it will be eviscerate, maybe i’l fake a burst just to draw out a dodge, then sheild bash you.

I’ll be the first to admit that Berserker is more powerful than vanilla. at least in PVP, but that’s not to say that vanilla is not viable. There is a huge difference between “Viable” and “the most powerful , overpowered thing to play”. to many players think that they are one and the same. and if you are one of those players, sure, use berserker. but you are wrong. and you are missing out on the fun of the game. sure you get the pleasure of winning, but you don’t really deserve the win. your build deserves the win.

Play what makes you happy, and don’t listen to people who only care about the meta. Enjooy yourself. it’s a game.

Warrior 101

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Updated the guide and placed it in a google doc.

Warrior 101

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Corrected some Spelling Errors. Removed a few rogue punctuation marks.