Warrior Downed State 3 Sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

Disregarding the fact that downed state is the possibly the worst concept that has ever been thought up of in an MMO…

the warrior downed state 3 absolutely sucks BALLS!!

I was 1v1ing a Ranger today. I downed him first but I was on low health, maybe 2 or 3k. I couldn’t risk getting downed myself so I decided to back off for a few seconds because my heal was almost up. So I healed up to about 15k hp then went to finish off the ranger. I’m casting, but then I get struck down, and he calls his pet to heal. Pet heals him back up to full before I could finish casting again. He revives half hp, heals then kills me.

So while HE gets a revive, I get a 10 second timer before comitting suicide… because apparently in gw2 getting someone down to 0 hp isn’t enough to reward a kill..

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

It is called heart attack ; )

in Warrior

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

No offense to you, since i dont like it myself but i kind of get why. Warrior is one of the strongest classes when up. Rangers arent. So therefor its logical that rangers are better in downed state then a warrior is

in Warrior

Posted by: Kirster.4605

Kirster.4605

downed state is design for call of duty and CoD is FPS game i don’t know why anet thought it would be cool to put it in an mmo game there is a lot of great game specially rpg games out there that might have something cool that they can clone and apply it to there game but no instead they choose call of duty.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

I get it’s appealing for PvE, but it shouldn’t be anywhere near any form of PvP

in Warrior

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

Your story doesn’t make any sense, you have 15k hp and he downs you with only one interrupt. Plus if you give someone a long time to sit in down state they’ll have their 3 and you won’t which would give them an obvious advantage in a downed state vs downed state fight. You could’ve been any other class and you would’ve lost after being downed.

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Disregarding the fact that downed state is the possibly the worst concept that has ever been thought up of in an MMO…

the warrior downed state 3 absolutely sucks BALLS!!

I was 1v1ing a Ranger today. I downed him first but I was on low health, maybe 2 or 3k. I couldn’t risk getting downed myself so I decided to back off for a few seconds because my heal was almost up. So I healed up to about 15k hp then went to finish off the ranger. I’m casting, but then I get struck down, and he calls his pet to heal. Pet heals him back up to full before I could finish casting again. He revives half hp, heals then kills me.

So while HE gets a revive, I get a 10 second timer before comitting suicide… because apparently in gw2 getting someone down to 0 hp isn’t enough to reward a kill..

Downed state was Anet’s solution to removing healers. Everybody hates it except the bad players/zeglings in wvw. It rewards numbers over skills.

To add insult to injury, they made some downed states way more powerful than others.

Some downed states are amazing. i.e. mesmer number 2..just bypasses everything..i don’t even remember my frenzy stomp landing before they TP. Their damage while downed is insane , too.

Thieves can bypass everything by TP as well. They also have group stealth..ever had a thief drop group stealth before he goes down? they stay stealthed for 15 seconds..they just keep teleporting out of your blind swings till they revive.

IMHO the downed state was the worst thing to be brought to mmo pvp along with unlimited stealth classes.

The warriors downed number 2 is stupid..it affects one target, stability and stealth bypass it, it is easy to see coming since you can see the hand pulling back, if you are a thief you can shadowstep stomp or blink stomp as a mesmer to completely bypass the downed state.

Downed state is a joke and that is why they introduced the option to remove it in custom arenas.

We need a downed state number 2 that is as good as a thieve’s or a mesmer’s. Something that avoids any kind of possible stomp or stomp exploit e.g. stealth or shadowstep stomping.

I hope this trash concept is never used again in any other game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I agree, XII, I can’t stand downed state most of the time in WvW. I don’t mind it in PvE – enemies get all sorts of weird abilities in some areas so the downed state makes things a bit more interesting, but when fighting other players it’s just obnoxious. Especially when they’re playing a class that has no hope of defeating you while they’re downed, like a ranger or guardian, yet they insist on doing that last second blind or that kitten bubble just to spite you and waste your time before getting staked anyway.

No offense to you, since i dont like it myself but i kind of get why. Warrior is one of the strongest classes when up. Rangers arent. So therefor its logical that rangers are better in downed state then a warrior is

rofl, I really hope you’re talking about PvE.

(edited by Sil.4560)

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Warrior’s downed state ability 2 is right in line with engineer’s pull but worse. The hammer is a slow moving projectile that misses if the enemy moves slightly medium distance away. Sadly unlike an engineer who can just revive themselves twice, warrior just squishy as ever, if you are targetted you can’t just disappear and lose the marker on your head and you’re pigeoned holed into a melee oriented fights and forced to go Zerker otherwise your damage is just absolutely pathetic.

I’m just tired of having to outplay the heck out of other classes to win and not make a single mistake on my part.

in Warrior

Posted by: shimzor.6057

shimzor.6057

Warrior is one of the strongest classes when up. Rangers arent. So therefor its logical that rangers are better in downed state then a warrior is

Warriors strongest?? Have you plajed sPvP? This thread is about sPvP and FYI warrior is bottom tier ranger is top tier in spvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

I think the problem with our downed state skill n°3 commes from the fact it isn’t worth a penny unless you upgrade it. I personnaly play with “Sweet Revenge” and it can make up for your fragility if your teammates are responsive and knock ennemies away from you.

It is also a very powerfull ability when your target is about to go down, because if you can take him down you are garenteed to win your last stand, with the trait of course.

It is also a very powerfull tool to extend team fights, when you know you are going to die, you can still use it and during the 5sec of invulnerability and 15sec duration of the skill you can sacrifice yourself to rally downed teammates.

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Sadly unlike an engineer who can just revive themselves twice…

um… what?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

um… what?

Hes talking about tossing elixir r before getting downed i believe. Not sure if that was fixed but engi was able to rez hisself in downed state – just like vengeance but without vengeance debuff at all.

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

um… what?

Hes talking about tossing elixir r before getting downed i believe. Not sure if that was fixed but engi was able to rez hisself in downed state – just like vengeance but without vengeance debuff at all.

People actually use that in practice? I suppose it wouldn’t be too hard in PvE or maybe on a wall in WvW (though why you’d not back out of incoming damage idk) but otherwise I figured it’d just make whoever killed you wonder what you were doing.

in Warrior

Forestgreen.7981

um… what?

People actually use that in practice? I suppose it wouldn’t be too hard in PvE or maybe on a wall in WvW (though why you’d not back out of incoming damage idk) but otherwise I figured it’d just make whoever killed you wonder what you were doing.

Yes the good engineers take elixir R, they can toss it before they get downed and self rally, not mentioning the trait that resets all their toolbelt CD when their hp drops below 25% allowing them to rally themselves again.
There’s a reason why not a person thinks warrior are OP besides new players and know that warriors are THE bottom of the barrel by a large margin. But A-Net thinks they are fine so who am I to say otherwise.

in Warrior

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

Yes, for PvP/WvW our downed state sucks, but that’s simply because in a PvP/WvW scenario everyone should have the same downed skills.
Some downed states are obviously better than others, unless the downed skills will be the same for each class in PvP/WvW I don’t see anyone not complaining about them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

um… what?

Rangers can do the same with spirit of nature renew; its the only benefit of spirit actives having a cast time

- i actually think vengeance is quite a nice downed ability; if it comes down to a ‘downed battle’ vengance is pretty good (definitely comparable with lick wounds and… the guardian symbol heal i cant recall the name of)… though having to trait it (or fight with RNG) is bad… and you should rally if you leave combat (so people cant just run away and leave you to die)
warr downed #1 hits pretty hard
warr downed #2 sucks… but its not as bad as engis imo (both have a very obvious wind up)

… mesmers down state isnt OP unless you’re an idiot who attacks through the confusion; #2 is very obvious as the real mesmer always unstealths after the clone (and its a fight with RNG as to whether they teleport far enough away to cancel the stomp – if they time it properly they should still be stealthed at completion of the channel thoguh)

ranger has a really strong downed state though; aoe stun whilst retaining full control of pets (canines and spiders whilst downed <3) is really nice (and underwater lick wounds… well… nothing is killing a ranger underwater short of an army), thats balanced (except underwater; which needs nerfing) by it hitting like a wet noodle with #1

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I get it’s appealing for PvE, but it shouldn’t be anywhere near any form of PvP

It’s appealing in both field imo especially with sweet revenge.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

downed state is design for call of duty and CoD is FPS game i don’t know why anet thought it would be cool to put it in an mmo game there is a lot of great game specially rpg games out there that might have something cool that they can clone and apply it to there game but no instead they choose call of duty.

Actually Borderlands does downed state way better than those games. That aside having a downed state is like a last ditch effort of your character before he goes down completely. Wouldn’t trade it for anything.

For the OP, next time you and a ranger are both down at the same time aim for his pet. If his pet is dead he can’t use it to heal himself.

in Warrior

Forestgreen.7981

Actually Borderlands does downed state way better than those games. That aside having a downed state is like a last ditch effort of your character before he goes down completely. Wouldn’t trade it for anything.

For the OP, next time you and a ranger are both down at the same time aim for his pet. If his pet is dead he can’t use it to heal himself.

Except that the pets can take a whole lot of punishment before they go down. Best is to hope you either got sweet revenge trait or hit the ranger low enough for your teammates to come help you. Ranger downed state in the water is absolutely broken, get a bear pet and have him endless res you while your stalling capture in underwater point.

I have no idea why A-Net left that oversight, it’s impossible to kill a ranger atm with less than 3 players in the water.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

incorrect; lick wounds heals a pet if its dead; and the ranger can swap pets (f4) then lick wounds

Ranger downed state in the water is absolutely broken, get a bear pet and have him endless res you while your stalling capture in underwater point.

I have no idea why A-Net left that oversight, it’s impossible to kill a ranger atm with less than 3 players in the water.

^this i agree with (except you dont need the bear; any pet works as it continues ressing once the pet dies – which; along with the no water stomps; is why its so broken)
i can see an ele and another high dps class duo killing a ranger underwater though; ele has a ton of sinks/floats that can be used so the ranger cant activate lick wounds

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]