Warriors almost facedout in sPvP

in Warrior

Posted by: Belldandy.7284

Belldandy.7284

I always notice that everytime I play in sPvP, I’m the only warrior player or two at least. Is this a sign that Warriors will no longer be use or play in sPvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The warrior is a very simple and straightforward class. If the target doesn’t die by the time you’ve dumped your burst, the warrior is left with nothing to do but twiddle its thumbs waiting for cooldowns to come back up. In a game with such limited/no coordination required, classes like Warriors that are brought to finish targets and soak will always be the first to be left behind.

Simply adding additional condition removal or specing into healing shouts really isn’t going to be enough to fix things. It’s going to be tough for this class to get turned around.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ackos.7942

Ackos.7942

It depends on your skill. I play once in a while pvp with only my warrior, but I win most of the time in 1vs1. I dont use a berserker build and that helps a lot.

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

skills are wayyyyyy too predictable.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Ignoring that the warriors build variety sucks horrible horrible kitten bawlz. I still don’t know why ANet hasn’t listened to the same suggestions for fixing the HB QQ (both about it being OP and complete crap) by something so simple as what’s been suggested a thousand times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll0FsjDlDko&list=PL0C76071FE3293CBF&index=14

I mean come on, their dev team could hotfix this change in a matter of minutes. Remove root, decrease damage.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Clyne.9038

Clyne.9038

Ignoring that the warriors build variety sucks horrible horrible kitten bawlz. I still don’t know why ANet hasn’t listened to the same suggestions for fixing the HB QQ (both about it being OP and complete crap) by something so simple as what’s been suggested a thousand times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll0FsjDlDko&list=PL0C76071FE3293CBF&index=14

I mean come on, their dev team could hotfix this change in a matter of minutes. Remove root, decrease damage.

What will your proposed change fix ?
Seriously, think what will really happen with that change.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

@Braxxus

U thinking like most braindead players. If u decrease damage on hb its will be useless, right now its slighty better than reg hits. Quickness makes its op, its makes any skill op, u will ask to nerf axe reg hits cause they hit about 90% of hb in same time?

If they want to keep hb as selfroot, we should have evade status while casting it just like mesmer with their blu blu blu frenzii.

in Warrior

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Warriors are fine. A good warrior can dominate a sPvP match

in Warrior

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Not speaking about balance in anyway but i find this to actully be useful, it’s so easy to make people blow defensive abilities / dodges thanks to that.

Just wish we could have some more sustain but bit lower dmg (i’d like something like troll unguent or whatever it’s called…) and that our skills didn’t root ourself as much.
My biggest problem is with Rush though, it’s great for closing gaps but sucks for chasing.. the swing makes you still fall behind the target(add a cripple/0.5sec immob) >_<

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Warrior

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

There are no bad classes just bad players.

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I think you meant “phased out”. I’d really like to see more build and weapon combinations dominating out there, but sadly that’s not happening.I think sword and shield really need to get some love, as well as hammer’s number 4 ability. Hopefully a-net will better balance some classes in the next major patch. A lot of professions have the same problem of being limited to only a couple viable weapons and trait combinations.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

until they release a game mode other then bunker PvEquest, you won’t see warriors or really any diverse group combinations.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

LOL @ facedout. I wonder how people learn this stuff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

@Braxxus

U thinking like most braindead players. If u decrease damage on hb its will be useless, right now its slighty better than reg hits. Quickness makes its op, its makes any skill op, u will ask to nerf axe reg hits cause they hit about 90% of hb in same time?

If they want to keep hb as selfroot, we should have evade status while casting it just like mesmer with their blu blu blu frenzii.

Finally,someone with a working brain ! Damage should Not be decreased,the self root might want to be looked at though. Hb was never the real problem,it was people using it in combination with Frenzy- quickness,that made people drop like flies. HB itself, IMO is a useless skills wich roots yourself for, 3 – 4 seconds ? I mainly use hb to finish of a player.

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

@Braxxus

And you’re thinking like most jackkittens. However I will accept that perhaps I wasn’t clear enough.
Remove the root, decrease HB duration by 50% which subsequently nerfs the damage by 50% (because it’s no longer 2 seconds of OMGBURST, it’s now 1 second of OMGBURST) and then you have the basis for fixing warrior issues like crip/chill providing a shut-down on them, sustainability (crappy heal scaling for shout builds and the silliness of banner clunkiness) and other weapons issues that are present without everyone getting all “HURRDURRNEVABUFFWARSCUZOP!” about it.

That would still leave HB as an option over auto attack, it just wouldn’t be a lol13k frenzy burst in 1 second, it’d be a lol6.5k frenzy burst in .5 seconds. Kind of like pistol whip and blurred frenzy, only instead of evasion/stun we’d have mobility with it. Fair tradeoff imo.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

That would still leave HB as an option over auto attack, it just wouldn’t be a lol13k frenzy burst in 1 second, it’d be a lol6.5k frenzy burst in .5 seconds. Kind of like pistol whip and blurred frenzy, only instead of evasion/stun we’d have mobility with it. Fair tradeoff imo.

Hundred Blades is a 3 and 1/2 second channel which means with frenzy it is 1 and 3/4 second channel.

So it is not a 1 second 13k burst with frenzy, but a 1 and 3/4 seconds (very close to 2 second) burst.

Also, you fail to realize the ulitliy the other classes have with their skills. The Mesmers’s “Blurred Frenzy” can not only be used as a burst coupled with shatters but it can also be used defensively to have a secondary Distortion to evade counter burst. (Highly valuable in PvP).

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

Also, you fail to realize the ulitliy the other classes have with their skills. The Mesmers’s “Blurred Frenzy” can not only be used as a burst coupled with shatters but it can also be used defensively to have a secondary Distortion to evade counter burst. (Highly valuable in PvP).

No, I’m fully aware of the utility that other classes have at their disposal (often by default without needing to spec/utility setup for it) while the warrior lacks it. I’ve kittened about it since launch. If anyone thinks that ANet will give warriors even a fraction of that utility without completely specc’ing for it and gimping every other tool option at their disposal though they are crazy. Remember warrior is the “baseline” which means apparently that it’s supposed to be the class with downs syndrome compared to the other classes when comparing similar abilities.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Remember warrior is the “baseline” which means apparently that it’s supposed to be the class with downs syndrome compared to the other classes when comparing similar abilities.

They have achieved this marvelously then. The only way the Warrior wins a fight in PvP 1v1 or 2v1 is if one of the people slip up. Sad state of affairs…

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

phased out? is that what your asking?
not so much phased out as much as the skill floor is rising for you to be effective.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

There are no bad classes just bad players.

QFT

Warrior is really good in Spvp. Overall the class is the middle of the road. as far as build diversity goes. Sigh…the fact is most players play some version of glass. Warriors happen to have many useful traits that move away from glass toward balanced. Most of your weapons are good. I think too many people see GS use GS and feel the class has nothing to offer past that and it simply is not true.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele