Wtf? A little OP, no?

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

How is this skill balanced? I basically got one shot with 17k without even knowing what happened.

Attachments:

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Taquain.6598

Taquain.6598

I mean there are worse things that hurt more then that skill I mean just look at burn guards and reaper

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

It’s kind of the way they’ve built the warrior rifle… it’s mostly a suck weapon with a hugely telegraphed burst that can be dodged, blocked, or reflected fairly easily.

Unless you don’t see it coming, in which case… rip.

That’s the reason you don’t see many people running rifle. People running it with the new Berserker spec are largely expecting a nerf, and so are trying it out before it’s gone (Gun Flame vs Killshot).

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Guess what…Gunflame is bugged and really strong…and it STILL doesnt make a rifle build actually viable for longer than 10 seconds.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Yea gunflame is bugged and hits twice. About it.

Säïnt

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

All it really needs is a bug fix. That’s it. The rest of rifle needs buffs.

Jesusmancer

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Rifle needs a huge nerf, and needs it really quickly.
Actually the whole warrior needs to be toned down.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Ahahaha. No. Besides, rifle is still a sucky weapon and only really usable in cheese builds.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Daendur.2357

Ahahaha. No. Besides, rifle is still a sucky weapon and only really usable in cheese builds.

Yeah, keep on saying that maybe you can convince someone.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Yeah, keep on saying that maybe you can convince someone.

Don’t need to convince anybody because people who actually have a clue about warrior know that in terms of pve/damage potential at least ele, thief and engi are better.
As for pvp, the class has been in the bottom half for quite some time now with a short spike when they changed rampage.

If anything we need an option to give us sustain outside of double/triple stances and baseline fast hands to open up build diversity.
Every class has the necessary tools to deal with a warrior and in most cases it’s a l2p issue, considering almost all key skills are highly telegraphed.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Daendur.2357

And i think that’s why there are tons of rifle war out there playing “duck hunt” , because rifle sucks.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

And i think that’s why there are tons of rifle war out there playing “duck hunt” , because rifle sucks.

There are tons of rifle war out there because Gunflame is currently bugged and hits twice.
I thought that was pretty clear.

Saying that a weapon is OP because one of its skills is temporarily bugged is completely ridiculous.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Daendur.2357

Saying that a weapon is OP because one of its skills is temporarily bugged is completely ridiculous.

Also trying to defend something clearly OP saying it is not is completely ridiculous.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Also trying to defend something clearly OP saying it is not is completely ridiculous.

Nobody’s defending Gun Flame, afk. If you meant the warrior is OP, then the evidence is stacked against you.

And yes, the rifle is a poor weapon overall, used only for limited value cheese (pot shotting with the burst into group melees or sometimes duels (with mixed results)). Rifle hasn’t been the meta for any mode of the game since…. forever.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

If you’re honestly suggesting that rifle outside of Gunflame is OP, you make it painfully obvious to anyone that you have no idea of what you’re talking about.

Then again from your post history you appear to be a thief player on a petty personal crusade against warriors, so I guess I’m just wasting my time.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Then again from your post history you appear to be a thief player on a petty personal crusade against warriors, so I guess I’m just wasting my time.

While there’s irony in a thief complaining about being one-shot and not seeing it coming, I do think thief’s in a bad place. He may be reacting to that without understanding the problem.

What’s the problem? They seem one-dimensional to me. Yes, they have a great sneaky burst, but that’s about it. And it’s not that hard to punish them if they make a mistake, or sometimes if you just know where they are (like if you’re playing a class with great aoe).

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

ITS NOT BUGGED!!! YOU GUYS JUST NEED TO TOSS OUT YOUR ZERKER NECK!!

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Daendur.2357

i have no personal crusade, it’s just that you are defending the undefendable.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Ah… just a salty troll. Nothing to see here.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

no weapon should 1 hit kill on a 6 second CD, it will be nerfed, its bugged atm.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Gunflame is only overpowered because it is bugged right now. I submit that it will end up forgotten, along with the rest of the rifle, after the pre-launch wave of nerfs.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Berserker is quite underwhelming imo, gunflame is only op because bug (hits twice and (dunno if this is intended but still makes it op – can move while casting, making the animation less obvious). And condi I guess, but I’ll never turn to condi so. It’s not because berserker is a bad traitline, it’s because the other traitlines are too important/strong (from dps warr perspective) that it just can’t compete that well.

(edited by Obindo.6802)

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Getting shot isn’t conducive to one’s health.

Fact of life.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Warrior rifle is a worse version on ranger LB

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

been takin 16-18k gunflames. It outclasses killshot so hard because it does double the dmg and you can move around. The tell is a bit hard to tell since moving around where as in killshot your guy kneels.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: ScionKai.4907

ScionKai.4907

Every time a player eats all the hits from a Volley or 100 Blades, I raise an eyebrow. When red numbers from a channel ability start creeping up on 5 digits, it might be a good time to dodge and take cover.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: jadaniel.4910

jadaniel.4910

Dunno if this is a bug. It hits twice because 1 there’s a pierce trait for rifles and 2 it explodes? Guess it could be interpreted as unintended behavior, but looking at the two descriptions they do conflict…seems trait lines > wep functionality. The more you know o/

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Dunno if this is a bug. It hits twice because 1 there’s a pierce trait for rifles and 2 it explodes? Guess it could be interpreted as unintended behavior, but looking at the two descriptions they do conflict…seems trait lines > wep functionality. The more you know o/

The bug has nothing to do with the trait, it can be reproduced without discipline even being in your spec.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

This is the same thing that happened with the Engineer and piercing grenades. It will be fixed, stop complaining. If you see a Berserker (you will know because they have the icon to represent that they are a Berserker) with a rifle and they enter Berserk mode (they glow bright right) line of sight them, go invulnerable, reflect, etc.

It is not intended and it will be fixed, I guarantee you.

Here is an enjoyable video from the week where Engineer could do the very same thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE2viAU8Tm0

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tanought.5428

Tanought.5428

Considering it requires full adrenaline to get into berserker, has a huge tell, if a warrior is glowing red with a rifle….. Um run….

Burns can tick for around 8k so yeah, don’t get shot, don’t stand in fire, super simple stuff.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Posted by: Pig.5017

Pig.5017

I don’t get why people assume this is a bug, It hits twice cause first one is the hit damage and 2nd one is the explosion as devs mentioned in the twitch broadcast. Plus if you reflect that warrior pretty much kills himself anyway.

I don’t know why people whine so much about something you can see coming and react, it’s not like it’s a mesmer stealth burst.

Wtf? A little OP, no?

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

By the video, it’s worse than a mesmer stealth burst. More damage and fewer tells (none if you’re in a group fight or otherwise not able to keep an eye on the warrior).

Mesmer stealth bursts suck, but there’s at least some counter play to them (at least in the short term), and you’re unlikely to get one-shotted.

Based solely on the videos people have been circulating, there’s even less counterplay to Gunflame, unless you can watch the warrior. Counterplay is what makes fights interesting.

I’d love to see a chunk of that burst channeled into other rifle skills (plus utility) so it was less of a suck weapon overall, while toning down the “dodge or die” aspect.