Zerker warriors with huge regens in wvw

in Warrior

Posted by: zionophir.6845

zionophir.6845

ive faced tanky zerker builds. and im intrigued by one video.

base healsig is just 389. hes ticking 400+ + 250+ extra. one warrior had a 1k tick.

how is this sorcery possible?

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Adrenal Health trait plus Healing Signet, which most warriors run.

Here’s how to counter it: don’t let the warrior land his F1 burst, and throw poison on him for good measure. It’ll cut that healing down to well under 1/3. Just denying the burst is enough to bring it down to 1/3 (i.e. just the Healing Signet going).

If you notice him getting health back after you land a stun or daze, he’s traited Rousing Resilience. Stop stunning him.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Ya it is stupid. Nobody can deny how stupid Op our healing is for the meta builds.

Tl:DR:
-Never stun a warrior.
-Always kite a warrior from the greatest distance possible…preferably with a ranged weapon.
-Bring an unblockable
-Remember that warriors are generally either condi resistant or power resistant, they aren’t both. They will choose a build that is weak to one or the either. That said, they are still very powerful due to their invulnerabilities that they may be carrying.
-Always kite/retreat after you proc their 1-2 endure pains….until you get good at this its important to kite to the extent that they can get away if they so chose.
-And like choppy said don’t get hit by a F1/F2…..basically once berserker mode goes up you need to really pay attention to what weapon attacks they are using cause thats when their healing is the most insane.
-blinds and dazes are also great things to have onhand since they force the warrior to do a weaponswap/rotation change that leads to more predictable movesets. Once you control what the warrior does….you got them trapped.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Unbelievable! The regen on warrior has been nerfed over 10 times in the past 5 years and people are still complaining. Based on the history of nerfs to warrior regen, I am convinced this is a Learn to play issue. Use poison, deny burst, spam condition to force warrior to use signet of regen.

In other words, learn to play!

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Unbelievable! The regen on warrior has been nerfed over 10 times in the past 5 years and people are still complaining. Based on the history of nerfs to warrior regen, I am convinced this is a Learn to play issue. Use poison, deny burst, spam condition to force warrior to use signet of regen.

Well, in fairness, we’ve received significant buffs to regen over that time as well. It’s not as though it’s been a steady decline, and the post-AH buff is our period of strongest regeneration.

That said, there is certainly some l2p (hence my suggestions), and I think a minor nerf to how berserker burst procs AH is about all that’s needed on this front.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Well, in fairness, we’ve received significant buffs to regen over that time as well. It’s not as though it’s been a steady decline, and the post-AH buff is our period of strongest regeneration.

That said, there is certainly some l2p (hence my suggestions), and I think a minor nerf to how berserker burst procs AH is about all that’s needed on this front.

Well, I disagree that we have received buffs to regen. If you have played the game since day 1, then you know that warrior adrenal health and regen has suffered a lot of nerfs and people still complain to this day. The fact that people complain is an indication that they need to play a warrior and learn to play!

And to prove my point, next time you go to WvW count the number of warriors that you see. Maximum you will count 5 out of the 50+ players in the world. When noobs get owned by a warrior they come to this forums and complain because they don’t know how warrior works. It is a L2P issue!

in Warrior

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Well, I disagree that we have received buffs to regen. If you have played the game since day 1, then you know that warrior adrenal health and regen has suffered a lot of nerfs and people still complain to this day. The fact that people complain is an indication that they need to play a warrior and learn to play!

And to prove my point, next time you go to WvW count the number of warriors that you see. Maximum you will count 5 out of the 50+ players in the world. When noobs get owned by a warrior they come to this forums and complain because they don’t know how warrior works. It is a L2P issue!

Not to play devil’s advocate but I did just this and out of the first 25 people I have come across, I have seen about 10 berserkers (you stated they are 10% max seen, however mine was 40% and I was careful to make sure I didnt count the same person more than once.) Also seen 7 condi reapers, 4 DH, 1 rev, 2 DD’s and 1 tempest.

5 out of 50+ may be in your server matchup, please don’t assume it is in everyone’s, else you will be proven wrong again.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Healing signet received almost a 100% buff in 2013, and then Adrenal Health received the massive buff last year. It seems Anet chips away at our sustain, and then gives us a big boost, and then chips away again until the next buff. That AH buff was a big one, and it increased our health regen above where it had ever been before. It’s been cut since then, a bit, but it’s still much higher than it had been previously.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Signet
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adrenal_Health

But, yeah, I don’t disagree that many of the complaints come from people who just don’t understand the counters. In truth, that’s true with a lot of the builds that people complain about across the game.

That said, some warrior builds have been silly on this front (looking at you m+sh/gs berserker with durability runes), but Anet went the way it did for nerfs, and I’m curious to see what that does once they’re all pushed to wvw.

In pvp, I kind of like the new EP, but that’s a different conversation.

in Warrior

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

As an exercise in leveraging the regen and heal ability of warrior , I built a Condition warrior using Settlers runes and traiting shouts for added heals while wearing Tempest runes. The heals were off the charts as it passively ticked well over 1k and got huge heals when stunned (rousing and tempest runes combo) and those shouts.

I removed signet for to the limit and can got a full adrenaline refill and 12+k heal every 24 seconds. Awesome heals (shouts2+k plus rousing 3k+3+k off tempest after stun) BUT slow as molasses and susceptible to conditions. Works well as part of a zerg but easy to kite in a 1v1 or small scale.

Yes they can have significant heals but there are counters. Keeping them poisoned is one of them.