warrior melee PVP sucks

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

wow playing a melee char in this game sucks

can barely keep on a target. everyone has swiftness/teleport/CC/invis

warrior cripples suck. makes me want to just quit this game, which i think will happen soon. back to pve.

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Don’t rage quit bro. It takes a lot more situational awareness to stay in melee as a warrior than most other classes. Just gotta be persistent and learn what tricks the other classes can do. If you can guess what your opponent is going to do then you can better ready yourself to counter them. =)

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

gwawer.9805

can’t get any satisfaction playing a pure melee dps in this game

like 90 percent of builds are ranged…thieves pistol/shortbow lol

makes me wanna hop back on my WoW warrior or DK. melee was funner in WoW pvp than the frustrating kite-fest of gw2 warrior pvp

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

warrior cripples suck. makes me want to just quit this game, which i think will happen soon. back to pve.

Look at what youre saying…And read your own words.Done ? Good..now pickup that longbow,make another build and start turning things around.

I get what youre saying,but “Its better to light a candle then curse the darkness”…work with the stuff you got.

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

Here are a few videos of playing pure melee where I do pretty well. Make sure to check the video’s description for additional info and links to discussion threads.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMgma5zSGMc
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM-DvB4y1yw
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq1JmiOaPiQ

Bottom line is however, that as a warrior, you need to know most of the professions you’re fighting in order to do well. As a profession the warrior is very unforgiving, not using your shield block or other immunities at the right time can result into a loss.

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

gwawer.9805

there is inherent design flaw in melee vs range in this game

ranged has no disadvantage even when trying to widen the gap because they can CAST while moving. this means melee will always dps only a certain percentage of the time, while ranged will have 100 percent dps uptime.

in WoW, warrior vs mage, if u close the gap on the mage, he has to try to kite you and his dps is lessened greatly while he is moving.

so gw2 desginers need to make up for this descrepency. yet i have the feeling this critical subtle detail will continue to go unoticed and melee-junkies will have a frustrating time enjoying pure melee builds in this game.

and guys i’ve been playing since release as a warrior. just can’t have fun as a melee warrior in this game. never have, and still can’t. i’m putting this game down and checking back hoping they can improve the melee warrior pvp experience.

are you reading this designers? cough

(edited by gwawer.9805)

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

the disadvantage of range is that it does significantly less damage than melee. that alone, makes ranged almost useless. maybe it differs for other classes but I know I almost never use ranged for 1v1.

All is vain.

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

makes me wanna hop back on my WoW warrior or DK. melee was funner in WoW pvp than the frustrating kite-fest of gw2 warrior pvp

WoW melee is easier to do yes, but it’s more frustrating pvp in that game especially with warriors than in GW2. In WoW everyone can shut down a warrior very quick and you have to be a certain spec to actually be useful. Otherwise it’s constant CCs on you and that game does not have stability like GW2 does.

Your case with your warrior is that you need to leave that WoW mentality when playing a GW 2 warrior. Stick with a crowd more until you get the hang of it.

Pineapples

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Consider trying LB/(GS or sw+sh). LB can be used to set up melee attacks (#5 immob), but also has great aoe damage with the burst and #3 abilities. GS and sword are both mobility weapons with good damage, which allow you to engage/disengage efficiently.

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Setun.4368

ranged has no disadvantage even when trying to widen the gap because they can CAST while moving. this means melee will always dps only a certain percentage of the time, while ranged will have 100 percent dps uptime.

in WoW, warrior vs mage, if u close the gap on the mage, he has to try to kite you and his dps is lessened greatly while he is moving.

so gw2 desginers need to make up for this descrepency. yet i have the feeling this critical subtle detail will continue to go unoticed and melee-junkies will have a frustrating time enjoying pure melee builds in this game.

and guys i’ve been playing since release as a warrior. just can’t have fun as a melee warrior in this game. never have, and still can’t. i’m putting this game down and checking back hoping they can improve the melee warrior pvp experience.

I use a melee only build and I do just fine. Matter of fact here’s a video showing off my build:

I also have other videos showing off melee-centric combat both with my warrior and my ranger on my channel as well.

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

Did you just completely skip over the videos I posted? You’re just doing something wrong if you’re having that tough of a time. If I’m able to beat a lot of great players in 1v1s of all professions and do 1v2s and 1v3s vs lesser opponents with various builds and weapons then you really can’t say melee warrior doesn’t work, you just really need to know what you’re doing.

Anyways, in regards to your points:
- ranged DPS is usually way lower than melee DPS for just about every profession
- ranged DPS also can’t tank you, they need to kite you when you get close; ex: a thief will lower his DPS if he’s using a shortbow by using the evade skill trying to get away from you when you get close;
- as a warrior, some of the top builds right now are both bursty and you get to stun your opponent for a while which in many cases seems overwhelming for newer players and it’s just a walk in a park for you to stomp all over them

Melee warrior sucks if you just don’t know the profession of the opponents you’re facing and when you go in, you just have no idea what’s happening to you and hence die pretty fast. If anything, melee is FAR more balanced in this game than it is in WoW due to the dodging mechanism which offers you a winning chance vs just about anything. I’m not sure how things are in WoW right now, but for the longest time and I mean years and expansions in a row, even the worst frost mage ever could CC and beat a warrior on any given day in a 1v1.

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: Grizzly.9720

Grizzly.9720

Honestly, saying that it’s flawed and that you want to quit wont help you improve. You can’t expect to become the best overnight either. You just need to learn the ins and outs of your profession. Think strategically, it will help.

Here’s a video of a warrior dumpstering on some fools:

Good day, Sir.

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

the disadvantage of range is that it does significantly less damage than melee. that alone, makes ranged almost useless. maybe it differs for other classes but I know I almost never use ranged for 1v1.

Well, we already know what kind of thief you are Excalibur. You need to learn to use that Shortbow. When I played thief a lot I found it to be excellent AoE damage, ranged damage, awesome for kiting, and the best option for taking down mesmers. Keep thinking that SB is just for infiltrator’s arrow though. lol

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Posted by: pdpgriever.5680

pdpgriever.5680

I use a melee only build and I do just fine. Matter of fact here’s a video showing off my build:

I also have other videos showing off melee-centric combat both with my warrior and my ranger on my channel as well.

song of video is amazing, what is it? i know that it’s a cover of cool j but who?

warrior melee PVP sucks

in Warrior

Setun.4368

song of video is amazing, what is it? i know that it’s a cover of cool j but who?

Glad you liked it! I have all the songs I used listed in the credits at the end, but it was Street Sweeper Social Club that did the cover. They’re a really cool band, look them up on youtube. =)