warriors and adrenaline

warriors and adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

As someone who doesn’t really play on his warrior all too often, can someone explain the big difference between not having adrenaline and having a full bar? According to Josh Davis warriors are highly relying on the adrenaline mechanic in order to do well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Ready-Up-Balance-Philosophy-6-13-Noon-PDT/page/6#post4118467

I mainly play thief and I don’t see that big of a difference between a warrior with full adrenaline and no adrenaline like do I notice with full initiative and no initiative.

What makes a warrior so reliant on adrenaline?

warriors and adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

1) Warrior burst skills (f1) needs adrenaline to be used. Some powerfull and usefull skills are on warrior f1 skill.
2) Some traits are dependant on adrenaline to be usefull (like Cleansing Ire/ adrenal health, but there are more).

So without adrenaline warrior loses damage/control habilities and cannot clean conditions with cleansing ire.

Adrenaline is a must for warriors.

Edit: Even the warrior f1 skills have radius/damage increase with the adrenaline level.

Warrior was made to use adrenaline very often.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

warriors and adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

There are 11 traits that rely on or give adrenaline. There is also 1 attack for each MH weapon that is reliant on adrenaline. But adrenaline does ramp up that quickly that you will rarely see warriors without full adrenaline.

warriors and adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Well, my Warrior can regenerate adrenaline in 6 seconds on just one target, on 2 or more targets its around 3-4s to regain full bar, in 80% cases i have to wait around 2-3s for my Burst skill to go of cd to use that adrenaline.

btw, i have my burst on 7s cd, it shows how much i have to “rely” on adernaline =.="

All the arguments that Anet shoves up in our faces looks good on paper and in theory but doesn’t hold true in practice.

warriors and adrenaline

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Well, my Warrior can regenerate adrenaline in 6 seconds on just one target, on 2 or more targets its around 3-4s to regain full bar, in 80% cases i have to wait around 2-3s for my Burst skill to go of cd to use that adrenaline.

btw, i have my burst on 7s cd, it shows how much i have to “rely” on adernaline =.="

All the arguments that Anet shoves up in our faces looks good on paper and in theory but doesn’t hold true in practice.

Well you need to trait for that gain otherwise you cannot do that.
But you explained very well how often Warriors need adrenaline to be viable.

warriors and adrenaline

in Warrior

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

No, not really, i dont use CI and adrenaline is only for Burst skills that in most cases are an overkill, just my Axe AA hits for 3k per hit on crit, with just that AA chain i can deal equal damage as burst skill. If i felt like it i could play with no adrenaline and still be “viable”.
And yea, if im siting on full adrenaline cus my burst skill is still on cd (7s) it shows clearly how “hard” is adrenaline on us, right?
If not that “long” cd i could burst every 4-5 seconds with my 12k damage Eviscerate.
On my warrior not even once i felt that im lacking adrenaline, in fact its more like im generating too much of it than i can use.

Adrenaline is overused as an exuse in arguments that protects warrior current “balance”.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

warriors and adrenaline

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

Well if you dont use CI and Adrenal Health then you dont have much management to do unless you keep adrenaline for the extra damage/crit traits.
But i dont see any viable build working whitout CI. Or maybe you are talking about PvE?
But if it is PvP you can post your viable build here so we can discuss it.

Edit: I´m assuming for what you said that you are not using a single trait that gives adrenalise/lower the cost of burst skills)

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)