wvw banner build

wvw banner build

in Warrior

Posted by: pyscho warrior.4709

pyscho warrior.4709

what do you guys think of banner regen in wvw?

here is my build. still updating.
http://intothemists.com/guides/3920-psychos_regen_banner

(edited by pyscho warrior.4709)

wvw banner build

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Banners aren’t really suitable for WvW given how mobile the raid groups are. Especially given that you are only running 1 Banner yet invest 6 traits for it.

What baffles me more is that it’s a banner build using SOR instead of Warbanner, which is already incredible.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

wvw banner build

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

what do you guys think of banner regen in wvw?

here is my build. still updating.
http://intothemists.com/guides/3920-psychos_regen_banner

banners can be great, but you have to get used to them. You also have to learn to switch weapons instead of using 5 for dropping them. Then there is the downside that they will get stolen by someone who has no idea how to use them.

Also..Battle Standard.

If I were going to do that I would probably go with something like
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-t;4NKkL0_4NLVQ0;9;6OTE;418-47A1;0RoG6R;1qObSqObSN0Gg0-uYC0;1vV0X5Y8ZG4La5iWQ-5V07V-17V;9;9;9;9;9;54-6V

wvw banner build

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Banners are great but if you want to run banners in wvw, the only banner you really run is tactics. And you mainly just carry it around with you and press the banner 2 over and over to heal people when necessary. If you want Banners to really work for you too you should run some clerics, or Apothecary or something with healing power. If you are running alot of healing power and 2 banners you can regen your who little zerg like that in a keep room fight etc. Your basically a banner kitten but it does help especially in small man fights.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

wvw banner build

in Warrior

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Banners are great but if you want to run banners in wvw, the only banner you really run is tactics. And you mainly just carry it around with you. If you want Banners to really work for you too you should run some clerics, or Apothecary or something with healing power. Your basically a banner kitten but it does help especially in small man fights.

He’s specing for regen on banners with the trait, and they don’t stack. The base heal is o.k. though, so at least that’s a plus.

Op should probably just look into going with shout heals with hammer. In which case, you will mostly kill everything you face. It’s a pretty awesome build. Fast hands for weapon swap, guaranteed 3 crits each time, plus might stacking from it. Heals from shouts add up, it’s a nice build. Very tanky, plenty of damage, good cc.

wvw banner build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Banners are great but if you want to run banners in wvw, the only banner you really run is tactics. And you mainly just carry it around with you. If you want Banners to really work for you too you should run some clerics, or Apothecary or something with healing power. Your basically a banner kitten but it does help especially in small man fights.

He’s specing for regen on banners with the trait, and they don’t stack. The base heal is o.k. though, so at least that’s a plus.

Op should probably just look into going with shout heals with hammer. In which case, you will mostly kill everything you face. It’s a pretty awesome build. Fast hands for weapon swap, guaranteed 3 crits each time, plus might stacking from it. Heals from shouts add up, it’s a nice build. Very tanky, plenty of damage, good cc.

It doesn’t need to stack with other peoples regen….When a warrior specs for healing power their banner regen is going to be better than just about anyones base regen boon so it makes no difference if it stacks or not. And yes the banner 2 skill stacks with the banner regen it uses the same exact formula.

When you have banner regen. And you are carrying tactics while u run with your group repeatedly press banner 2 it will stack and u end up with regen for days. But you also need boon duration or regen duration runes or food.

BTW I DO NOT RUN THIS BUILD. I am just telling OP what it does and how it works best. I think shouts are better. Banner regen works good in very situational groups. And in some point guard build for SPVP.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

wvw banner build

in Warrior

GSSBlunaspike.4153

It doesn’t need to stack with other peoples regen….When a warrior specs for healing power their banner regen is going to be better than just about anyones base regen boon so it makes no difference if it stacks or not. And yes the banner 2 skill stacks with the banner regen it uses the same exact formula.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Regeneration

The Regeneration.png Regeneration boon grants healing over time determined by the following formula:

(5 + (1.5625 * Level)) + (0.125 * Healing Power) per second

At level 80 this is:

130 + (0.125 * Healing Power) per second

Only stacks duration, with down time on the banner anyway there is no need for the heal. Either way it doesn’t really matter, it’s just preference. I prefer to give raw power/condi damage. You may prefer something else.

edit

And yeah, shouts are just so much better to be honest. I mean vig shouts has a .9 coefficient, that’s really strong right there. Then when you consider how easy they are, and unlike regen you don’t have to worry about the healing being turned/stripped.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

wvw banner build

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

I Dont run banner regen……….I don’t even prefer it. Yes it stacks duration. Of course it doesn’t stack intensity.

I know how it works cuz I used to run this build last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JU3WyYSWGU

wvw banner build

in Warrior

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

I can see a banner warrior being extremely useful when defending keeps and such by buffing allies on the walls. Otherwise as previously stated you would not be very helpful as you would have to be mobile, therefore you would either have to delegate people to carry your banners or leave your banners behind after a fight.