245 days

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

This is how long (not including beta) the Engineer trait Scope has been broken.

And by broken I mean it literally does nothing.

Either fix it, or replace it with a trait that actually does something.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Yes please. This is a high tier Trait that hasnt been avaible to us at all, and many of us used it without ever realizing.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

245 days.
This is how long Potent Poison has sucked.

The great forum duppy.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Next

The trait (Scope) actually does work, but it’s just not noticeable (+10% crit chance while standing still, where you have to be standing still when the attack hits) at all and doesn’t update the hero panel. We’d definitely like to make this trait more usable and visual in the future, as it’s pretty bad in its current state.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Now karl im sorry but i do not believe this from my testing, it seems much closer to the base 4% default (meaning no effect) than the supposedly 14% i ought to have.

Are you just saying this or have you tested it (yeah it sounds silly, i know).

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Eccentric Duck.7510

Eccentric Duck.7510

#BelieveinKarl

hue

Salad engineer

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Toroquin.3605

Toroquin.3605

The trait (Scope) actually does work, but it’s just not noticeable (+10% crit chance while standing still, where you have to be standing still when the attack hits) at all and doesn’t update the hero panel. We’d definitely like to make this trait more usable and visual in the future, as it’s pretty bad in its current state.

Just did (another) test in the mists. With a default crit chance of 4%, 3 out of 100 attacks critted. The expected result was at least four times as high.
Of course, with a crit chance below 100% i can never tell for sure. So i tested with 90% crit chance + 10 from the trait. It took 6 attacks to get a non crit. With supposedly 100% crit chance. No random bad luck can argue with that this trait does not work.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

No mean to disrespect Karl, but you’re incorrect, it is still bugged. I’ve geared my engineer up to 70% crit rate in sPvP with eagle runes and an appropriate amount of points into firearms, traited for Scope, and stood still with the flamethrower after popping elixir B and consuming drop stimulant – resulting in 20 seconds of testing. Now, when the mobs are below 50% health, I have 100% crit rate due to Target the Weak, and that works fine. In the pictures attached, I show my stats (crit rate), current traits, and two screenshots clearly displaying non-red numbers, as I should have 100% crit rate. Please fix this bug, it could be a great DPS trait, but instead it’s a worthless placebo.

Attachments:

245 days

in PvP

miriforst.1290

So it took toroquin 5 mins of testing in Hotm to verify that this is false. Stop doing this.

But i suppose its good that you comes clean. It explains a lot if you actually took for granted that it works instead of testing it like any other engaged gamer would have done.

I dont want to dev hate but please, this is bad practice. :S

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

I just tested in the mists with Scope with only base crit chance of 4 and standing still.

Out of 200 hits I got 10 crits. There is no way the trait is working with such a large sample size and such high deviation.

(edited by AsmallChicken.9634)

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Just did (another) test in the mists. With a default crit chance of 4%, 3 out of 100 attacks critted. The expected result was at least four times as high.
Of course, with a crit chance below 100% i can never tell for sure. So i tested with 90% crit chance + 10 from the trait. It took 6 attacks to get a non crit. With supposedly 100% crit chance. No random bad luck can argue with that this trait does not work.

I’ve never been tempted to run several thousand attacks and do a really scientific test, but these results don’t look promising. On the other hand, if this is really working, Anet could have probably saved a lot of customers just by spending 15-20 seconds saying so on the engineer forum.

There have probably been 15-20 threads devoted to this trait on the engineer forum with dozens of replies each.

245 days

in PvP

miriforst.1290

I hope, i mean really, really hope that we wont get told now that elite supplies has always increased the range of the mortar since launch, but that it isn’t noticeable.

That would be the icing on the cake sadly.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Ok I just did another test to be extra double sure.

Out of 2000 shots fired using base crit, i got 84 crits. That is a 4.15% chance to crit. We should be getting closer to 14% if scope actually works as advertised.

I’m sorry, but you guys arn’t helping the perception that the devs don’t care about Engineers. We have been reporting this non functioning trait since beta and all it takes is a simple test to show it. Instead you tell us that it is working even though our testing has been showing otherwise for months.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Karl should know better than to argue with Engi’s without conclusive physical evidence. These crazy kitteners will not be denied the truth.

Conclusion: Nerf Engis, Buff Karl

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Out of 2000 shots fired using base crit, i got 84 crits. That is a 4.15% chance to crit. We should be getting closer to 14% if scope actually works as advertised.

I’m sorry, but you guys arn’t helping the perception that the devs don’t care about Engineers. We have been reporting this non functioning trait since beta and all it takes is a simple test to show it. Instead you tell us that it is working even though our testing has been showing otherwise for months.

That’s pretty conclusive. Thanks for being willing to test 2000 attacks. For the time being, could we just remove the trait? It’s a very tempting PvE trait and I’m sure quite a few engineers must take it.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Quick hotfix it before you look bad.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Hotfix Potent poison as well

The great forum duppy.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Lite.3819

Lite.3819

We already had this argument a months ago. Pictures and word of mouth is not very effective….

Anyways, I updated it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Engineer-scope-trait-still-bugged/first#post1732704

Engineer – Street Rag (Black Gates)
Current Build

(edited by Lite.3819)

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: illyume.9630

illyume.9630

Just did a round of 1000 shots myself — completely stripped down, 20 trait points in tools for ‘scope’ only. 4% base crit…

54 shots out of 1000 critted. So, 5.4% chance. Granted, I don’t think I was 100% accurate in my count (used a tally program on my phone and had to look away from the screen a couple times) but I’m pretty sure there’s not a margin of error in it enough to account for not recording 100-ish crits.

If people -really- want me to, I can look into recording a round outright and editing in a running tally on screen, then uploading to youtube or something.

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

This is maddening that a dev would think this trait worked. I usually side with devs during all the complaining and nerf whining but this is just inexcusable.

Do you even play an Engineer? Have you ever tried this trait?

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If two more people do a 1000 or 100 shot test, I can do the hypothesis testing and tell you the level of uncertainty we have that its not working. I can tell you the alpha value will be above 0.05 just looking at the numbers! Engineers love their stats!

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I was going to do a test this evening with base crit and thousands of shots. Now looks like I don’t have to, though I still may.

Perhaps we should be asking a different question. Is there anyone that has conclusive evidence that scope is actually working?

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

245 days

in PvP

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Looking at the script, things looked fine. We’ll have to dig into it more.

Regardless of current functionality, it’s still something we’re looking at down the road as we continue to improve traits for all professions.