Add a monthly fee to pvp

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: kurtdg.2370

kurtdg.2370

Almost all content is pve oriented, and that’s not just a coincidence. Those pve people everyone loves to bash…….they pay for your game. Maybe say thanks next time around eh?

I love pvp here, hell thats all i do anymore. I would gladly pay monthly if that meant the pvp community would get some good, solid dev love as their only job.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i would never pay for guildwars2-pvp

at moment its even hard to play it for free and not just google^^

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

PvErs do not pay for our game. The majority of money they spend outside of the box goes to another company to fund other things. The small amount that is kept is used to implement more PvE content and rarely ever do we see anything that the dedicated PvP community wants implemented but instead those very rare updates on PvP are more pleasing towards the PvE community.

In fact right now the majority of dedicated PvPers have left the game and all that’s remaining is an entirely new crowd of temporary players. There is a serious lack of skill based reward and it’s very upsetting to see the remaining players disappear.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

at moment its even hard to play it for free

^

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Sinister.5792

Sinister.5792

meanwhile im waiting for archage and black desert online to come… both free to play
gw2 is a dying game, thats why they implemented megaservers. those who remain plays this game are just poeple who are waiting for new games to come like me.

I kill 2 birds with over 9000 stones

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

meanwhile im waiting for archage and black desert online to come… both free to play
gw2 is a dying game, thats why they implemented megaservers. those who remain plays this game are just poeple who are waiting for new games to come like me.

Incorrect. I love this game.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

15 charr

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Every game is slowly dying. Games don’t just last forever.

GW2 has done well with their business model. Anet is a business. If they could be making more money by charging a subscription, they probably would, because their goal is to make money.

In other words, since they have not changed to a sub-to-play system, we can assume that doing so would likely cause them to lose income. There have been several games in the past few years whose income skyrocketed when they went free-to-play.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

’Nuff said. There is only so many games of hambow, terrormancer and decap engineer one can endure after ragequitting.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Stronger.8076

Stronger.8076

If gw2 will have a monthly fee, 75% of the players will leave. In other words, the game will die.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

if the game were f2p it would still be a massive flop. Enjoy your once a year updates and esports goals

(edited by RoRo.8270)

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

no reason to alienate people who play PvP and those who don’t.

using gold → gem conversion is what is probably hurting income the most which is probably why a lot of trains and loot drops have been nerfed. Slowing gold income would get people to spend [more] real money to get gems.

I remember when gold was worth more than gems. Now, gold is only a 10th the worth of a gem and its still going down.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

using gold -> gem conversion is what is probably hurting income the most which is probably why a lot of trains and loot drops have been nerfed. Slowing gold income would get people to spend [more] real money to get gems.

I remember when gold was worth more than gems. Now, gold is only a 10th the worth of a gem and its still going down.

Actually I believe the ratio is 100x that—one gold is worth about ten gems iirc.

And I don’t think Anet is suffering from gold for gems because, as far as I know, it’s a player-controlled market. Anet doesn’t just “sell” gems for in-game currency. People buy gems with real money and then sell them to other players for whatever the market is willing to pay.

I could be wrong about any of this, and of course Anet has the right to “interfere” with the market however they want. But the point is, I don’t think we need to be telling them what to do with their business model.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Sirendor.1394

using gold -> gem conversion is what is probably hurting income the most which is probably why a lot of trains and loot drops have been nerfed. Slowing gold income would get people to spend [more] real money to get gems.

Actually I believe the ratio is 100x that—one gold is worth about ten gems iirc.

And I don’t think Anet is suffering from gold for gems because, as far as I know, it’s a player-controlled market. Anet doesn’t just “sell” gems for in-game currency. People buy gems with real money and then sell them to other players for whatever the market is willing to pay.

I could be wrong about any of this, and of course Anet has the right to “interfere” with the market however they want. But the point is, I don’t think we need to be telling them what to do with their business model.

He means 100 gems: 1 gold ratio. Regardless the gem prices have surged beyond imagination. I can remember the days when 10 silver was 100 gems, now it’s 1000 silver.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

kurtdg.2370

Btw the monthly fee would only apply to pvp. I think someone someteen post ahead got that confused!

Hell make it just 2 dollars a month. For the cost of the game when I bought it, that would be over 2 years of playtime. Imagine if all the pvp community would just pay a fraction of 1 hour worth of work for a game they’ve enjoyed the past couple years. You could literally be making this game a real esport pvp game in a very short order of time.

PvE is the backbone that doesn’t care about opinions. It just is. Those are the people that spend money on gems for new outfits, gold, extra char slot, etc, etc. Please, just give a shout out to all those individuals nobody knows, that make a difference!

The most influential voice is the one that speaks for itself. Devs……..in any game, do not make your world for free. Gas attendants don’t pump your gas for free. McDonalds doesn’t make double cheeseburgers for free. Anet doesn’t continue to pump out constant updates, and very down to earth forum participation for free.

Would you work for free? If you like the game, and the community, hell, I think it’s worth it. It’s a very cheap alternative to other “forms” of entertainment that are widely, and costly available.

Maybe one day you’ll be in the workforce…..hell working for a company that develops games.

Can u works for free please!

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Avitori.6093

Avitori.6093

The pvp content they pumped out in the last 2 years (skyhammer? lawlz) really has me questioning their ability to make solid content or even ATTEMPTING to fix it after its released. Want the remaining playerbase to quit forever? Add a subscription fee to pvp!

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

@kurtdg

I get where you’re coming from; add more revenue and we will get more content but it won’t work that way unfortunately.

Anet’s business model has always been a one time purchase. You can leave for a month, a year or even 10 (ok, exaggeration) and still come back and enjoy GW2. Adding a subscription fee will scare consumers (and even investers).

Using your McDonald’s metaphor (which I think is a little off), it’s like adding a fee to put cheese on a cheeseburger to get better quality cheese. I can make a safe bet that most people will just skip the cheese.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

kurtdg.2370

@kurtdg

I get where you’re coming from; add more revenue and we will get more content but it won’t work that way unfortunately.

Anet’s business model has always been a one time purchase. You can leave for a month, a year or even 10 (ok, exaggeration) and still come back and enjoy GW2. Adding a subscription fee will scare consumers (and even investers).

Using your McDonald’s metaphor (which I think is a little off), it’s like adding a fee to put cheese on a cheeseburger to get better quality cheese. I can make a safe bet that most people will just skip the cheese.

Appreciate the post!

While I think you have some valid points, I still will stand by my original thoughts. More money spent for pvp will directly influence pvp content.

The game is free to play. You buy it, and play free.

PvE is why gems are bought. It’s why karma, and xp gains, luck, skins, convenience (bank, bltc, barber, etc), legendary, ascended, money for gold, the list could go on and on and on and on are specifically purchased. PvE.

PvP players don’t have to contribute anything. Nothing…..zip, squat……zilch.

Why does pve gets all the attention?? Why? Why again?

Why does pvp not get nearly as much attention? Why? why? again?

It’s simply math. Do it, or try justifying it i suppose.

(edited by kurtdg.2370)

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Why would anyone put effort in this abomination of pvp, if you want to “fix” it and make it fun and competitive you would have to rework basically everything because right now skill and class design is terrible. There are far too many instant and 1/4 casts (maybe 1/2 casts too, depending on your conection whether you can dodge those or not) and skills that have no proper animation at all or look the same as other skills. People always complain about warriors, yet warrior is probably the most fun class to play against, at least you can see what they are doing and also fairly reliably hit skills vs them because they don’t random dodge/evade 24/7.

Team PvP in this game is dead (it has probably never been alive anyway); most people I know who bought the game for the sake of pvp quit it after 1month or less because it’s dull and boring (and the meta back then was more fun than it is now imo). There are probably still more active teams of 8 in gw1 than there are active teams of 5 in gw2 and gw1 is more than 9 years old.

edit: not even talking about asura, AI, mobility of a certain class and spamable blinks.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

@kurtdg

Appreciate the post!

While I think you have some valid points, I still will stand by my original thoughts. More money spent for pvp will directly influence pvp content.

The game is free to play. You buy it, and play free.

PvE is why gems are bought. It’s why karma, and xp gains, luck, skins, convenience (bank, bltc, barber, etc), legendary, ascended, money for gold, the list could go on and on and on and on are specifically purchased. PvE.

PvP players don’t have to contribute anything. Nothing…..zip, squat……zilch.

Why does pve gets all the attention?? Why? Why again?

Why does pvp not get nearly as much attention? Why? why? again?

It’s simply math. Do it, or try justifying it i suppose.

Don’t forget those Arena Tokens

But I wouldn’t pay to play PvP… I am a PvEer who is a hotjoin hero 20% of my ingame time… I would quit playing PvP if it started to cost money, but as I am just a Hotjoin player I don’t bother those who aims for SoloQ or TeamQ and so on.

atm this game is the best MMO I have ever played and I have played(Tried) all big hits up too ESO.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Sirendor.1394

Now, what WOULD work is if they gave us an expansion to drool over.
I’d gladly pay $50 if it got us:

• a whole new branch of utilities per class (say 5-ish skills)
  • alternative weapon skills
  • a couple of new pvp maps (min. 3)
  • a couple of new game modes (min. 2)
  • new classes to play (min. 1)
  • real pvp rewards, skins we get now take 2 minutes to get in pve and 2 days to get in spvp…

Problem is: they can’t add those through expansion because it will leave some people who decide not to buy them at a disadvantage..

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Almost all content is pve oriented, and that’s not just a coincidence. Those pve people everyone loves to bash…….they pay for your game. Maybe say thanks next time around eh?

I love pvp here, hell thats all i do anymore. I would gladly pay monthly if that meant the pvp community would get some good, solid dev love as their only job.

Not sure if trolling or just… But in “not trolling” case: they pay for my game? Really? Because somehow I lost 70 euros when I obtained this game, probably got a glitch in the whole “pve pplz pay for my game” system.

You do comprehend that profits from gemstore can go directly to ncsoft skipping the whole anet development team? And guess the amount of people who would “gladly pay monthly” when not everyone can force themselves to play it for free. I would estimate not a lot.

Solid dev job should be a given, since gw2 was advertised as a “First AAA pvp mmorpg”, “ESPOOOOORTZZZZ!!1” and other marketing slogans used to trick people into buying this game for actual player versus player. Currently pvp is at beta – gw2 has almost nothing that you would think an average (not even good) competitive pvp game suppose to have at lounch. They even can’t integrate the ladder system in the game – you have to go to the syte to check it, they can’t even COPY a common ready system to prevent matches 4×5 from starting.

Its not the lack of resources, its the lack of interest – they failed at pvp at start and failed at developing it later. So they just cut their losses and stopped giving a crap, thus we have nothing worth paying for a single time, not to mention a monthly.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Why encourage game developers to charge for services and features that were once considered part of the initial purchase cost? If consumers continue to insist on paying extra for things that should not be extra, companies will be happy to charge more and offer less.

Add a monthly fee to pvp

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

He means 100 gems: 1 gold ratio. Regardless the gem prices have surged beyond imagination. I can remember the days when 10 silver was 100 gems, now it’s 1000 silver.

I figured that’s what he meant. Regardless, the points still stand. If gems are worth that much it means there is more incentive to buy them with real money, not less, because currency exchange revolves around real people, not around Anet.

I’d never purchase gems to exchange for gold if I was only going to get a few silver out of my money.

Solid dev job should be a given, since gw2 was advertised as a “First AAA pvp mmorpg”, “ESPOOOOORTZZZZ!!1” and other marketing slogans used to trick people into buying this game for actual player versus player.

Actually, most of the esports hype came from third-party interviews. Anet has very rarely used that word, and certainly never in an advertising campaign. There were quite a few pre-release interviews in which the devs say things like “we’ve spent a lot of time looking at these games that are currently e-sports, to see what makes them fun. We want our PvP to be like that.”

(edited by NevirSayDie.6235)