Allow Conditions to Critical.

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Now wait just a second, I bet that topic got your attention. However allow me to explain.

Now that they critical, make toughness/protection/and all defensive things lower the damage of conditions.

Weakness: -25% Critical Damage. (This now affects condition damage, however it doesn’t butcher power damage.)

Protection: -15% All Damage. (This now affects condition damage.)

Toughness: Make it better then it is now, a LOT better, toughness should be the primary defensive stat, protection should not be better then toughness.

Signet of Judgement: Sorry guardians, but it should be toughness, however I would like to bring your base health up to 15k, and bring all classes health to 15k. It makes no sense some classes are better, and this would really help elementalists, another 15% damage reduction would be a balance Nightmare, however I believe shields should lower damage directly. Since your fire would be doing a lot more damage if you stacked offensively, you would be doing a bit more damage, maybe a lot more.

This means to maximize condition damage, you would need critical damage, condition damage, and precision. So now you don’t get to stack all defensive stats and just get condition damage and healing power or vitality and be tanky.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I hope you brought your lube. This forum is especially against this change

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

No.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

You will need to tone down the condition damage too if there is going to be a critical chance on conditions, apart from the stat/boon reductions, also you need a boon that reduces condition damage, ill suggest not protection, fury suits better, we cant allow another bunker meta, bunkers need to be weak to conditions so the game stays balanced.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

You will need to tone down the condition damage too if there is going to be a critical chance on conditions, apart from the stat/boon reductions, also you need a boon that reduces condition damage, ill suggest not protection, fury suits better, we cant allow another bunker meta, bunkers need to be weak to conditions so the game stays balanced.

Protection would reduce condition damage. Why would fury reduce condition damage? O.o

Also, at the poster above. You should not be able to just grab healing power/toughness/condition damage and be an amazing super condition thief that can’t die. You should have to make sacrifices for your damage.

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Protection would reduce condition damage. Why would fury reduce condition damage? O.o

Also, at the poster above. You should not be able to just grab healing power/toughness/condition damage and be an amazing super condition thief that can’t die. You should have to make sacrifices for your damage.

Fury is a status when you are like enrgaded making you to ignore the pain you are suffering from the conditions, that is not really important, the important thing here is that making protection more powerfull makes bunkers more powerfull, and there is no point in making them more powerfull and more popular, they need a counter, and that is condition damage, you cant allow a class that just cant be killed by anything, they are strong to direct damage, make them vulnerable to condition damage, its for the sake of balance.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

[SoF]

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

No matter how people says no to this, this is going to happen, conditions are just to powerfull, the devs cant allow that their game is dominated by one type of damage only, and if they do, then this game has no future in pvp, which is not their goal, you better get accustomed to this and accept it, conditions are going to be brought in line even if its not this way, they are going to be toned down, so abuse them while you can right now, because they are broken.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

No matter how people says no to this, this is going to happen, conditions are just to powerfull, the devs cant allow that their game is dominated by one type of damage only, and if they do, then this game has no future in pvp, which is not their goal, you better get accustomed to this and accept it, conditions are going to be brought in line even if its not this way, they are going to be toned down, so abuse them while you can right now, because they are broken.

Well its stupid. Condition Damage + Toughness + Healing Power is amazing damage.
Power + Toughness + Healing Power = Crappy damage.. because you need critical damage and precision otherwise the damage is no good.

So you have to sacrifice your defensive stats for power, but not condition damage?

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Well its stupid. Condition Damage + Toughness + Precision is amazing damage.
Power + Toughness + Precision = Crappy damage.. because you need critical damage otherwise the damage is no good.

So you have to sacrifice your defensive stats for power, but not condition damage?

Same with Healing power+Condition damage+Toughness vs Healing power+Power damage+Toughness.

Power damage with that combination of stats do crap damage, but not conditions, they can do a lot of damage with no effort, so you have better options to manage your stats with condition damage than with power, like you said, with condition damage you are never loosing.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Now wait just a second, I bet that topic got your attention. However allow me to explain.

Now that they critical, make toughness/protection/and all defensive things lower the damage of conditions.

Weakness: -25% Critical Damage. (This now affects condition damage, however it doesn’t butcher power damage.)

Protection: -15% All Damage. (This now affects condition damage.)

Toughness: Make it better then it is now, a LOT better, toughness should be the primary defensive stat, protection should not be better then toughness.

Signet of Judgement: Sorry guardians, but it should be toughness, however I would like to bring your base health up to 15k, and bring all classes health to 15k. It makes no sense some classes are better, and this would really help elementalists, another 15% damage reduction would be a balance Nightmare, however I believe shields should lower damage directly.

This means to maximize condition damage, you would need critical damage, condition damage, and precision. So now you don’t get to stack all defensive stats and just get condition damage and healing power or vitality and be tanky.

+1

a)More value to toughness
b)Elementalist base HP increased by 5K

You’ve got my vote:
http://collaborativeservicesinc.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/i-voted-sticker.gif

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Daecollo 10/10 refined trolling, like always

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

This is good idea and would make necros almost viable.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

This is good idea and would make necros almost viable.

It would make a lot of the traits/skills they have a lot better, but also nerf them but not really nerf nerf them. It would nerf cheesy builds, but make them balanced for survivability.

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Not a lot of replies because people know this has no counter arguments and they are scared of posting anything because of that.

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Not a lot of rpleies because people know this has no counter arguments and they are scared of posting anything because of that.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

This idea gave me cancer.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Kagato.4061

Kagato.4061

Even with the proposed changes to allow the defensive stats to defend against it, do you not realize how ridiculously overpowered this would make conditions? The only way I’d agree to this is if the base damage of all conditions were cut in half.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

Even with the proposed changes to allow the defensive stats to defend against it, do you not realize how ridiculously overpowered this would make conditions? The only way I’d agree to this is if the base damage of all conditions were cut in half.

It would not be overpowered, because damage reduction could reduce the damage done by a bunch if you stack into it.

Toughness/Protection/Weakness would also reduce condition damage.

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

Why the hell are you even interested in this idea? What empirical evidence do you have to back up the idea that this little scheme of yours would be good for the game? Why should having to split what was originally condition damage into three different stats be considered a “good idea”? And where the hell did you pick those numbers from? Did you throw darts at a board or something?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

People who stack condition damage and armor will really hate this idea because it balances them out.

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

People who stack condition damage and armor will really hate this idea because it balances them out.

There’s no balancing that needs to be done. Run a zerker amulet and you’re golden.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

It would not be overpowered, because damage reduction could reduce the damage done by a bunch if you stack into it.

Think I’ve got a little time before the next Smite match.

It’s well frankly a dumb idea because it’s pointless to begin with.
Let me put it in another way.
Why should condition cause damage at all? They require everything that power damage does and take longer to kill under this proposed system for what benefit.
As it is now the dynamic is
~Power damage + crit can equate to large damage mitigated by toughness and endured by vitality the damage varies on your target.
~Conditions do less damage than power (ideally) but are not mitigated by toughness, so for situations where power damage has been excessively mitigated, condition damage can take over and be a more effective counter for that.
~Lifesteal ignores armor as well and scales on Power, but it cannot crit and the amount of applicants are few in number.

Now we take it that Condition damage works pretty much the same as power, does less damage overall and really has no benefit to existing over power excusing a niche situation like Endure Pain and Protect me. Otherwise might as well run Power because it hits harder for the same requirements and doesn’t get stopped by condition removal.

kitten Conditions can crit.
The idea is stupid.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Good troll, would read again.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

Why should condition cause damage at all? They require everything that power damage does and take longer to kill under this proposed system for what benefit.
~Power damage + crit can equate to large damage mitigated by toughness and endured by vitality the damage varies on your target.
~Conditions do less damage than power (ideally) but are not mitigated by toughness, so for situations where power damage has been excessively mitigated, condition damage can take over and be a more effective counter for that.
~Lifesteal ignores armor as well and scales on Power, but it cannot crit and the amount of applicants are few in number.

Now we take it that Condition damage works pretty much the same as power, does less damage overall and really has no benefit to existing over power excusing a niche situation like Endure Pain and Protect me. Otherwise might as well run Power because it hits harder for the same requirements and doesn’t get stopped by condition removal.

The idea is stupid.

It gets stopped by blind/aegis/dodge rolls/evades instead. It can also be reduced dramatically.

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Why the hell are you even interested in this idea? What empirical evidence do you have to back up the idea that this little scheme of yours would be good for the game? Why should having to split what was originally condition damage into three different stats be considered a “good idea”? And where the hell did you pick those numbers from? Did you throw darts at a board or something?

Here:

Well its stupid. Condition Damage + Toughness + Precision is amazing damage.
Power + Toughness + Precision = Crappy damage.. because you need critical damage otherwise the damage is no good.

Same with Healing power+Condition damage+Toughness vs Healing power+Power damage+Toughness.

Power damage with that combination of stats do crap damage, but not conditions, they can do a lot of damage with no effort, so you have better options to manage your stats with condition damage than with power, like you said, with condition damage you are never loosing.

Also, pretty much the condition meta is self explanatory.

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

The idea is stupid.

It gets stopped by blind/aegis/dodge rolls/evades instead. It can also be reduced dramatically.

Let’s take two skills.
Flame strike ~ Elementalist scepter skill, does power damage and causes Burning. In other words it applies condition damage.

Both of these professions press 1.
A warrior hits shield stance.
“Block”
Neither the condition damage or the power damage has gone through.
Just because you can Block AFTER being hit and take condi damage doesn’t mean jack. It be straight out ridiculous if you could, you got hit you should take the damage regardless of it’s over time, but since Anet is merciful there are condition removals and you don’t have to regardless. Unblockable skills are a different beast and aren’t condition exclusive as Larcenous Strike shows.

A dot that does 150 dmg a second for 5s can have it’s total damage cut in more than half by hitting condi removal the second it is applied. How is that not damage mitigation.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

The idea is stupid.

Let’s take two skills.
Flame strike ~ Elementalist scepter skill, does power damage and causes Burning. In other words it applies condition damage.

“Block”
Just because you can Block AFTER being hit and take condi damage doesn’t mean jack. It be straight out ridiculous if you could, you got hit you should take the damage regardless of it’s over time, but since Anet is merciful there are condition removals and you don’t have to regardless.

A dot that does 150 dmg a second for 5s can have it’s total damage cut in more than half by hitting condi removal the second it is applied. How is that not damage mitigation.

Yes, but if you burned him before he blocked. The fire would still be burning the blocker.

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

The idea is stupid.

Let’s take two skills.

“Block”
Just because you can Block AFTER being hit and take condi damage doesn’t mean jack. It be straight out ridiculous if you could, you got hit you should take the damage regardless of it’s over time, but since Anet is merciful there are condition removals and you don’t have to regardless.

Yes, but if you burned him before he blocked. The fire would still be burning the blocker.

Because. You. Did. Not. Block. The. Flame. Strike.
If you did you wouldn’t be taking damage.
If I hit him with Ricochet before he blocked he’d take 800 damage and I would’ve dealt the same (typically more) damage upfront. Are you seriously suggesting that it is a balance concern that someone can Fail to dodge something and then be affected by it because they want to block it now instead of when they should have?
Brb Warrior hits with Throw Bolas and I’m immobilized brb shouldn’t be affected by Immobilize because I used Illusionary Counter afterwards.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

The idea is stupid.

Let’s take two skills.

“Block”

You cannot be serious.
Brb Let me get hit by Throw Bolas and Hit Aegis and no longer be affected because I Blocked after the application.

Well, Conditions still tick regardless. If you dodge you can miss direct damage and condition application.

However if you hit the condition before that, it still ticks even if he blocks and dodges, meanwhile power will continue to miss.

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

The idea is stupid.

Let’s take two skills.

“Block”

You cannot be serious.
Brb Let me get hit by Throw Bolas and Hit Aegis and no longer be affected because I Blocked after the application.

Well, Conditions still tick regardless. If you dodge you can miss direct damage and condition application.

However if you hit the condition before that, it still ticks even if he blocks and dodges, meanwhile power will continue to miss.

http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/jaguars-fan-gif.gif

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: vashio.6297

vashio.6297

I think the big problem is engi/necro are just way to strong in condi department.
They have the aoe/duration/to many skills that apply conditions.
Arenanet needs to focus on cutting down the skills they have to apply conditions same with the aoe they have. Possibly lowering the duration of all classes conditions that already have to high of an uptime without any added condition duration.

Making people have to spec runes into added condition duration to that specific condition making them loss out on more condi damage or more survivability.

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

I think the big problem is engi/necro are just way to strong in condi department.
Arenanet needs to focus on cutting down the skills they have to apply conditions same with the aoe they have. Possibly lowering the duration of all classes conditions that already have to high of an uptime without any added condition duration.

Making people have to spec runes into added condition duration to that specific condition making them loss out on more condi damage or more survivability.

They are not the problem, just look at the bunkers dealing high condition damge, that cant be good, its not balanced, and this is because conditions have no damage reductions.

in PvP

Posted by: vashio.6297

vashio.6297

They are not the problem, just look at the bunkers dealing high condition damge, that cant be good, its not balanced, and this is because conditions have no damage reductions.

I see what you mean by really no way to stop condition damage other then condition removal.

But i think reducing the condition durations of the skills at this time could help subside the condi meta a bit. Since by reducing the durations your essentially reducing condi damage by having fewer bleed stacks and other conditions that don’t stack have duration to get ticks off.

Also condition removal is still a way to negate condition damage or is it not?

Maybe areanet just needs to come up with more skills like warriors berserkers stance?

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

I see what you mean by really no way to stop condition damage other then condition removal.

But i think reducing the condition durations of the skills at this time could help subside the condi meta a bit. Since by reducing the durations your essentially reducing condi damage by having fewer bleed stacks and other conditions that don’t stack have duration to get ticks off.

Also condition removal is still a way to negate condition damage or is it not?

Maybe areanet just needs to come up with more skills like warriors berserkers stance?

The game will stay the same because conditions are the best option for doing damage, then like i said you have this bunker specs doing great condition damage, there is practically no penalty for going tanky and condition, condition damage its too simple, you only need one stat to make it work, and with power you need 3 stats, so as you can see conditions are over the top, when conditions require critical chance, critical damage and condition damage then this game will be balanced, until then its not, also we need a stat to reduce its damage and a boon (not protection).

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Allowing conditions to crit fixes anything how? Most conditions builds are running Rabid amulet already, so they have a decently high crit chance. It just further hurts hybrids or power builds that pick up a little extra damage from conditions.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

Allowing conditions to crit fixes anything how? Most conditions builds are running Rabid amulet already, so they have a decently high crit chance. It just further hurts hybrids or power builds that pick up a little extra damage from conditions.

It would be also reduced by toughness/protection.

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

And tanks will not have a lot of damage, they wil either tank or deal damage never both.

in PvP

Posted by: DingDongDooleeDum.4987

DingDongDooleeDum.4987

Please understand the game and its mechanics well enough before suggesting balance changes.

Guardian – Davinci
Team [SYNC]

in PvP

The Boz.2038

…so the entire POINT of condition damage (steady, reliable damage that bypasses passive defenses) would be entirely lost?
Why would anyone choose to do damage slowly if they can do it fast?

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

To the OP -

If you tweaked your idea a bit more it might make sense but making conditions critical in this current meta would not work. If it was hard to apply conditions then the rewards should be increased, but as currently infecting people with conditions is just way to easy and even buffing weakness and protection will not alleviate the damage.

I think you have a point though when you say you can rework toughness to include some more defense against condition damage, but currently I don’t think many will agree with you at this point in time. You would have had a case awhile ago though when the meta was not all about condition damage.

On a side note, imagine a crit from a high condition damage/precision/crit damage burn? Just applying burn while cheesing around while it crits them to death would be too nasty. Though this would make longbow warriors rejoice no doubt!

in PvP

The Boz.2038

On a side note, imagine a crit from a high condition damage/precision/crit damage burn?

How would you achieve this condition damage, precision, critical damage stat combination?

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The big problem with the OP’s suggestion is that it is trying to get rid of everything that makes conditions worth using in the first place. Not to mention that conditions already necessitate precision for procs, and also necessitate toughness and vitality to survive long enough to take effect.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

The big problem with the OP’s suggestion is that it is trying to get rid of everything that makes conditions worth using in the first place. Not to mention that conditions already necessitate precision for procs, and also necessitate toughness and vitality to survive long enough to take effect.

Not true, a condition player can still kite/use his conditions to keep people away from him. He does not need to melee to deal good damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

How would you achieve this condition damage, precision, critical damage stat combination?

Yeah your right you really can’t achieve max stats for all 3 (condition dmg/precision/crit dmg), but you could get approx 50% crit chance/crit dmg and have about 850-900 condition dmg with the right amulet/jewel/runes.

Something like 10/30/0/0/30 for necro with 6 x crit dmg runes + rampager amulet + berzerker jewel would net you like 60% crit chance, 850 condition dmg and 45% crit dmg. Of course your power would be low but then condition damage according to the OP would not be based of this. You could also buff your condition damage quite easily being a necro with blood is power + might sigils (that would push your condition damage to the 1.3k-1.4k range).

Just giving an example, that type of build may well and truly suck but you could achieve respectable numbers across the those 3 stats while sacrificing the others (vit/power/toughness)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Not true, a condition player can still kite/use his conditions to keep people away from him. He does not need to melee to deal good damage.

What a lie lol.

You can’t kite a half decent thief/warrior. They have way more gap closers and cripples than you have gap openers.

mace/shield+greatsword warrior can just ride the necro 24/7 until the necro dies. It’s a total lockdown.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

What a lie lol.

You can’t kite a half decent thief/warrior. They have way more gap closers and cripples than you have gap openers.

mace/shield+greatsword warrior can just ride the necro 24/7 until the necro dies. It’s a total lockdown.

LOLOLOLOLOL………

I am suprised you could type that with a straight face.

Looks like you never heard of chill

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

What a lie lol.

LOLOLOLOLOL………

Last time I checked, chill was a very short duration, long cool down condition. Melee classes wont have long term difficulties against chill because of their condi removal. Plus it isn’t even hard to train someone as a thief or warrior when you’re stun locking them like crazy.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

What a lie lol.

LOLOLOLOLOL………

Last time I checked, chill was a very short duration, long cool down condition. Melee classes wont have long term difficulties against chill because of their condi removal. Plus it isn’t even hard to train someone as a thief or warrior when you’re stun locking them like crazy.

Why don’t you get online, roll a warrior, and fight my Necromancer