At this rate Anet might delete PvP......

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

Countless,

Yes, I did say that. I also said in that post that we are investigating ways that we can get proper metrics to reflect the majority of the playerbase. If you knew the amount of players that actually played PvP in our game, then you would understand why a strawpoll with 300 votes is not sufficient.

That’s not to say that we don’t talk about it internally. We talk about it quite a lot.

If the issue was as simple as me making a strawpoll, I’d do it; but it’s not. A very, very small percentage of our playerbase even visit these forums, let alone vote on a poll.

That is not how statistics work. I really am starting to wonder if actual mathematics is used at all in design decisions. No offense to you Allie; it’s not your job to know the math. I just dislike the perpetuation of the misconception of sample size and population. I also dislike how some of the “math” (in regards to loot and luck) in this game doesn’t make any sense.

Yes, there are reasons why the strawpoll can be called into question. Population size is not one of them.

The mathematics of probability proves the size of the population is irrelevant unless the size of the sample exceeds a few percent of the total population you are examining. This means that a sample of 500 people is equally useful in examining the opinions of a state of 15,000,000 as it would a city of 100,000.

(edited by Dosvidaniya.3260)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

#hypetrain #disappointment #delete #skyhammer #broken #promises #lol

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Yes! Genie, make it so!

The Aladdin Genie?!? All this time you’ve been using the wrong Genie.

in PvP

Posted by: Ksnake.8097

Ksnake.8097

Countless,

Yes, I did say that. I also said in that post that we are investigating ways that we can get proper metrics to reflect the majority of the playerbase. If you knew the amount of players that actually played PvP in our game, then you would understand why a strawpoll with 300 votes is not sufficient.

That’s not to say that we don’t talk about it internally. We talk about it quite a lot.

If the issue was as simple as me making a strawpoll, I’d do it; but it’s not. A very, very small percentage of our playerbase even visit these forums, let alone vote on a poll.

That is not how statistics work. I really am starting to wonder if actual mathematics is used at all in design decisions. No offense to you Allie; it’s not your job to know the math. I just dislike the perpetuation of the misconception of sample size and population. I also dislike how some of the “math” (in regards to loot and luck) in this game doesn’t make any sense.

Yes, there are reasons why the strawpoll can be called into question. Population size is not one of them.

The mathematics of probability proves the size of the population is irrelevant unless the size of the sample exceeds a few percent of the total population you are examining. This means that a sample of 500 people is equally useful in examining the opinions of a state of 15,000,000 as it would a city of 100,000.

I thought this is basic statistics…..obvious not so much for anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Countless,

There’s approximately 17,000 that do Solo Q it seems, getting up to the 94th percentile puts you into the top 1000

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: moronwmachinegun.3815

moronwmachinegun.3815

I thought this is basic statistics…..obvious not so much for anet.

What part of

“The confidence interval calculations assume you have a genuine random sample of the relevant population. If your sample is not truly random, you cannot rely on the intervals. Non-random samples usually result from some flaw in the sampling procedure. An example of such a flaw is to only call people during the day and miss almost everyone who works. For most purposes, the non-working population cannot be assumed to accurately represent the entire (working and non-working) population.”

did you not read?

Quaggan is not a bad calf. Quaggan is a good little calf.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Countless,

There’s oversights here, but the perspective offered is strictly academic so it’s understandable. In reality you have to identify a proper sample group to gather opinions from, and even then polls of opinions can only provide so much value.

Your sample group could easily be like minded individuals. Or they could not be like minded, wanting all different things, but what they want is actually in the minority of the playerbase.

Additionally as much as people think they know what they want, they often don’t think everything through and understand the scope of potential feature implementations.

If statistics on opinion polls were currently a silver bullet solution to feedback, they’d be done non-stop. They’re not a silver bullet unfortunately, but they can be helpful (they can also be harmful).

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Countless,

There’s approximately 17,000 that do Solo Q it seems, getting up to the 94th percentile puts you into the top 1000

17,000 that have done solo queue at some point. I see guild members who haven’t been in PvP since December and they are ranked.

The bigger question is whether people with less than 10 games are in the ladder but not displayed. If so, the 17,000 number is probably correct. If not, then it could be much higher.

in PvP

Dosvidaniya.3260

Countless,

There’s oversights here, but the perspective offered is strictly academic so it’s understandable. In reality you have to identify a proper sample group to gather opinions from, and even then polls of opinions can only provide so much value.

Your sample group could easily be like minded individuals. Or they could not be like minded, wanting all different things, but what they want is actually in the minority of the playerbase.

Additionally as much as people think they know what they want, they often don’t think everything through and understand the scope of potential feature implementations.

If statistics on opinion polls were currently a silver bullet solution to feedback, they’d be done non-stop. They’re not a silver bullet unfortunately, but they can be helpful (they can also be harmful).

You’re referring to a sampling bias and questioning the validity of the knowledge of the population. As I mentioned, there are reasons to question the validity of the survey; these are some of them. To be honest, even the 300 mark is probably too low for a good confidence interval even assuming the sample isn’t biased. (Yes, I’d agree that we can’t know if this one is representative of the whole).

I just really don’t like the propagation of the myth that because the population is significantly large, the sample also needs to reflect that. If that is why they tossed the poll out, they are creating their own bias by cherry picking the result. If they tossed it because of actual biases, like you mentioned, more power to them. No, a proper survey wouldn’t solve everything. However, I really wish they’d collect one in regards to skyhammer. Personally, I’d be happy to never see that map again.

(edited by Dosvidaniya.3260)

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

If you knew the amount of players that actually played PvP in our game

Just so were clear. You’ve stated previously that you count WvW players as PvP players.

in PvP

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Allie:

Please consider changing your job description to Genie. Please ask for a raise and ensure the team having a resident Genie would help valuations.

All:

There is a common perception (right or wrong) that PvP is less of a focus because it is difficult to monetize or incentivize micro transactions in the gem store around. If this is a misperception (and if in fact PvP does monetize), it sure would be helpful to comment!

Secondly, while the consumerologist in me agrees that you can’t just straw poll on a forum and get anything but an obvious answer of a narrow band of microclusters, the issue that everyone wants to know is what do you do with that limitation to get accurate and timely customer insight on what to fix, how, when, why? How big do you see your blind spot as being?

And most importantly, how can customers help?

in PvP

Posted by: Hachiman.2470

Hachiman.2470

With all due respect, the reputation of anet implementing positive change from player feedback has been lackluster at best. New skins excluding Ascended have all been implemented via BLC. LS has been for the most part a zerg with not much story depth not to mention every LS patch has had at least one major bug associated with it. SPvP participation has fell through the roof. These just a few things I can come up with off the top of my head that I have read/experienced.
This is not to say that I should not expect any problems but this game has had some of the same bug’s since launch. With the bugs in dungeons, people abusing/exploiting LS/pvp patches, nothing substantial has been done to discourage this. It has come to a point where the same exploiters are waiting for the next patch to come through so they can find that bug to exploit. The order of operation has been: Read of bugs from tickets/forums, attempt to fix bug all while exploiters are reaping the benefit until next hot patch.
The community as a whole I would say is not satisfied. The player base has dropped significantly and I see few reasons to suggest this trend will change. Because of this drop in player base, the choice was made to move updates to every 2 weeks through LS patches in order to keep players around though this is simply a “carrot on a stick” approach.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Countless,

Fair enough, numbers of forum go’ers are likely low, but why should forum dicussions be held at all then? What’s the point of CDIs and similar official threads, if participant numbers are too low to be taken into account? Eep!
Isn’t it so that forum numbers are actually considered only when it’s convinient to Anet (i.e. when it supports your argument/s), and dismissed when they’d work against them.
And that goes for both pve and pvp.
Besides, the people that decide to be active on the forums likely (still) care about the game (minor exceptions aside), unlike those who do not go out of their way to put in the extra effort – pretty much like voting on an election. But apparently such players as well as their feedback hold zero added value in Anet eyes.

I’m honestly baffled how there are STILL players who attempt to provide feedback and try to make this pvp ‘grow’, when they clearly do not ‘reflect the majority’ of the pvp player base.
P.S. I’d keep hotjoin and WvW figures out of the equation for accuracy.

Countless,

& this.
+1

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Ixillius.5768

Ixillius.5768

Id just like to put it out there that i actually like the Skyhammer map. I’ve only been able to play it a few times sofar since it rarely ever comes up in tournament rotation for me. I might not be a heavy pvp player but I also feel that if you dont like the map rotations why not join a player made server that doesn’t have Skyhammer in it?

I dont understand why people want content removed simply because they dont like it.

in PvP

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

I can’t wait to delete the old PvP servers!

Chaith.8256 is right though, a lot of those changes were in response to what the playerbase wanted at the time.

Maybe pvp shouldn’t be balanced on what the pve players want then

name 1 pvp player that wanted glory gone, pvp only armor, or rewards gone in favor of gold only reward system.

If you can name one pvp player that would favor gold they wouldn’t be a pvp player since pvp players couldn’t make any gold (less selling dyes and such) till it was just added a short while ago. This change seems heavily in favor of the pve masses (aka pve players and tp flippers already sitting on large masses of gold) instead of helping the pvp players. In fact this next patch is a big downgrade to all pvp players why all you are doing is taking away their rewards and not fixing anything…………….and you wonder why long time pvp players are leaving

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Id just like to put it out there that i actually like the Skyhammer map. I’ve only been able to play it a few times sofar since it rarely ever comes up in tournament rotation for me.

You like it but only played it a few times?

I didn’t mind it at release but it gets tiring pretty quickly where the ‘best’ players are those that effectively use CC’s with little warning.

in PvP

Posted by: hanZou.3645

hanZou.3645

did they started deleting stuff from pvp? for example…reward from winning pvp tournaments?!?!?!

2nd tournamnet victory today and no reward when i come back to the mists ….no chest (not that care that much) and NO pvp xp points anyone more having this problem?! did they have “ninja” patched anything in pvp during i was sleep or what?!

When i won the 1st one i thought “ok…maybe it was the red team that at the last moment killed the lord and i didnt checked properly the end score!” but the 2nd won i am 100% sure that i won it…i even whisper 2 guys that was on my team and they got theirs…and i did not T_T

(edited by hanZou.3645)

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

did they started deleting stuff from pvp? for example…reward from winning pvp tournaments?!?!?!

2nd tournamnet victory today and no reward when i come back to the mists ….no chest (not that care that much) and NO pvp xp points anyone more having this problem?! did they have “ninja” patched anything in pvp during i was sleep or what?!

That is most likely a bug where you transferred NA <→ EU servers and you don’t get the rewards.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: hanZou.3645

hanZou.3645

That is most likely a bug where you transferred NA <-> EU servers and you don’t get the rewards.

…..err….i was transfered from EU—>NA yesterday…. (Blackgate now) ….but…will i get rewards any day or what?! dont tell me this is forever :O

Edited———-
Ok…i got myself clear about this “bug” anyway…time to shutdown gw2 for today and wait for the patch to see what will change after it…. pvp is really dying

(edited by hanZou.3645)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Chaith.8256 is right though, a lot of those changes were in response to what the playerbase wanted at the time.

lilz shorty.1879, I respect your critical approach to the subject, but I have to disagree. As a counter-argument, consider the reverse. Would you prefer we remain more (or completely) static and not respond to changes and player feedback? Yes, being agile can have its downsides, I believe (and hope you will soon™ agree) the benefits greatly outweigh the costs.

Really DoYourBestBear.6810, really? It’s not funny when you do it. :P

Your WvW developers do exactly what I highlighted. Which is why I’m trying to get into PvP now but even that’s hard with all the rank 60 people who like to abuse you for soloq at rank 27

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

That is most likely a bug where you transferred NA <-> EU servers and you don’t get the rewards.

…..err….i was transfered from EU—>NA yesterday…. (Blackgate now) ….but…will i get rewards any day or what?! dont tell me this is forever :O

Edited———-
Ok…i got myself clear about this “bug” anyway…time to shutdown gw2 for today and wait for the patch to see what will change after it…. pvp is really dying

i think you will get rewards once you have earned more PvP rewards in NA than in EU,

this is a huge bug that they have yet to fix since launch.

i heard it happens when someone transfers from EU to NA.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hanZou,

here you go
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Tournament-chests-and-transferring-between-server-regions

We’ve discovered an issue where you may stop earning PvP tournament reward chests after transferring from a EU server to a US server, or from a US server to an EU server. We don’t have an immediate fix for this, but we’re continuing to investigate the issue. If you’ve stopped earning reward chests after a server transfer and transfer back to your original server region, you should begin earning tournament rewards again. If you continue to play in your new server region, you should begin earning tournament rewards again once you’ve earned more tournament reward chests than the amount you earned in your original server region. We will update again once we have more details.

posted on 9 october 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Guys, have to say this once, may as well be here.

Although I was at first very keen on skyhammer (it’s funny+ I have no qualms playing troll builds), there comes a point in every gamers playing experience where the novelty wears off and skyhammer stops being fun. It becomes a huge turn off for solo queue (just read map chat – most of the QQ occurs before the match has even started).

Pretty much your entire high end playerbase dreads the prospect of a skyhammer pop, and many of us feel like it’s a big two fingers to us and our playing experience.

I know you’ll read this, so it’ll be my first and last skyhammer QQ post. Please reconsider, and make us happy…

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

That is not how statistics work, either.

I’m sorry, Dosvidanyia, your job is not to know mathematics either, but you got it wrong. What has been said in that quote is totally right, BUT only if we take a RANDOM SAMPLE of the entire population.

In this very case, people who vote on that poll aren’t “random”, they are actually interested and they choose to vote because they are interested in voting, thus nullifying the definition of “random”.

Without the “random” part, that poll is, indeed, not explanatory of the entire population.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If they give the option for each player to ban a map, then it’d be obvious which map(s) are the problem ones. But they won’t do this because they LOVE skyhammer and their ego won’t let them accept that it’s a terrible map.

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Frenk is right.

Ignoring the possibility of random sampling though a mandatory survey could be made available at the end of a skyhammer match in soloq. Ofc there should be limitations such as one vote per account and a minimum number of soloq games played before you’re given the survey.

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Countless,

No. That means there were approximately 17,000 players who ever played solo queue. Last time I checked my ranking against my friends list I realised around 15 out of 25 already quit and 5 doesn’t do PvP anymore, the other 5 are my team…

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

……

In all seriousness… We DO listen to you guys. We can’t snap our fingers and have it all done. That’s just not how game development works, unfortunately.

……

We’re not like the sims, where you can just fast forward to the results. We have put a lot of features in this game as a direct result from player feedback.

Yeah feedback. Like Dhuumfire, so many ppl wanted. Actualy any pvp balance on classes anet has done is totaly ignoring player feedback. Also skyhammer still in tourneys? And warriors rampaging for how long in pvp, while comunity was begging to do some balance before your major patch? And what about rewarding non skyhammer copetitive tourney players? New healing spells, anyone?
The amount of anet feedback on class subforums (where are usualy posted many nice sugestions) speaks the same story. And questions that never get answered, like, why necros cant have siphons while in ds….

Simple things that anet did them anyway, but completely lack of listening to the comunity …. its has nothing to do with snaping the fingers.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Countless,

Actually i’m sure there is a way to get the information you are looking for.. i know this for sure cause back in beta days every few minutes there was a poll popping up on the right side of my screen asking me a feedback about the event i just completed, the personal story i was doing, the game mechanics or the performace….stuff like that.

I thought it was a really good idea to have polls directly ingame cause i’m well aware most ppl dont even bother vsiting forums and websites/facebook pages and stuff like that.

So…. why not putting that kind of feedback-tool back ingame ? to gather feedback from all the possible player base. You can track down how many ppl actually answers and how many just skip it, you could maybe also record their total time played, the time they spent in pvp, the amout of ranked matches they did and so on; this way you can have a clear image of who was voting and what they voted.

in PvP

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Stop acting like you people do stuff based on player feedback,its BULL.If it is so,we would have proper game modes for pvp by now,balanced pvp and more maps instead of stuff being stripped from pvp.

Yes! Genie, make it so!

In all seriousness… We DO listen to you guys. We can’t snap our fingers and have it all done. That’s just not how game development works, unfortunately.

These things take time. We need to flesh out ideas, brainstorm, iterate, code, script, document, etc. Not all in the order, but you get the idea. There is a process. One that takes time.

We’re not like the sims, where you can just fast forward to the results. We have put a lot of features in this game as a direct result from player feedback.

People without experience in software development are quick to point out the flaws in everything a dev team does. Sadly, sometimes even people WITH that experience will do the same thing.

in PvP

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

oh kitten . Caedmon and SkiTz the most toxic players in the forums. This will be productive.

I’d like to see Dev’s 1v1 these players who are asking for it. Please put them in the next scrimmage so i can LOL

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Countless,

Actually, its funny you are claiming to know more about statistics and you prove how little you know.

TAking a strawpoll here only gives information about a subset of gamers that visit the forums, it doesnt provide a good sample of the PvP population at large, unless you believe the people here represent the whole PvP base, which that would be wrong.

Statistics relies on RANDOM spread, that would be like taking the opinion of 300 that read Fortune magazine and claiming since they all voted against the minimum wage increase that must mean every american hates an increase in the minimum wage.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Countless,

Well, you’d figure there might be a problem when your entire SoloQ team (yourself included) agrees to go AFK during a match on Skyhammer.

The problem, Allie, is that your comment is completely empty; there have, to my knowledge, never been any statistics taken by asking the player base questions in-game, as you seem to imply. Furthermore, such an action seems unlikely to ever occur, and with good reason, due to the difficulty of being able to take these statistics. As a result, you have to rely upon some other source to tell you that Skyhammer is bad. This community has been screaming these reasons out to ANet, and yet we obviously continue to be ignored, as our reasoning receives no response from ANet and Skyhammer is still part of SoloQ.

Also, let me add that if after a year and a half of this game’s release ANet still can’t find “ways that we can get proper metrics to reflect the majority of the player base”, and that’s what ANet is balancing based upon, then it’s highly unlikely this game will ever be balanced. This statement also doesn’t make sense in the context of something Justin said…

I do have reason to believe that the straw poll is faulty, but the methods that ANet has been using are just as lackluster.

EDIT: my last comment was said due to sampling bias and a lack of random spreading. Silvermember was spot on with his analogy with the Fortune magazine.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

(edited by Arganthium.5638)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

name 1 pvp player that wanted glory gone, pvp only armor, or rewards gone in favor of gold only reward system.

If you can name one pvp player that would favor gold they wouldn’t be a pvp player since pvp players couldn’t make any gold (less selling dyes and such) till it was just added a short while ago. This change seems heavily in favor of the pve masses (aka pve players and tp flippers already sitting on large masses of gold) instead of helping the pvp players. In fact this next patch is a big downgrade to all pvp players why all you are doing is taking away their rewards and not fixing anything…………….and you wonder why long time pvp players are leaving

I am a PvP only player and I would rather gold over glory any day of the week. I think removing glory is a great thing to do. The only way to make use out of glory is to do about 1 million clicks. I cba with this because it is lame and BS.

So speak for yourself. I know many players (who pvp and don’t use the forums) who couldn’t care less about glory being removed. And if they do care then they are happy about it because the current system is horrendous.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Typically, there is a somewhat useful Blog Post before a huge change is rolled out, and the playerbase is free to discuss how that will affect the game for them! An example is the mention that ranks are intended to be removed when the new PvP progression system rolls out. This was super useful to mention – and the feedback given made this decision pull a complete 180’.

Currently, with this (hopefully) imminent PvP progression overhaul, things are locked up SO tight behind closed doors. I can only imagine one outcome, really.

We’ll have a lot to talk about, so be sure to catch the Ready Up this Friday.

Less talk, more action. Justin, when the patch rolls out, you get on your Mesmer and I will get on my lolwarrior and meet me on a 1v1 server. Then we will see how well this game was balanced over the past 5 months.

#gauntletThrown
#dropsTheMic

A good shatter mesmer should beat a good warrior in a 1v1 arena. :/

I’m not a good shatter mesmer!

Alas, the gauntlet has been thrown, honor demands I rise to the challenge.

Allie,
Can we have this 1v1 broadcasted during Friday’s ready up?

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

in PvP

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

“These things take time. We need to flesh out ideas, brainstorm, iterate, code, script, document, etc. Not all in the order, but you get the idea. There is a process. One that takes time.”

Allie, “ideas, brainstorm and iterate” ARE BEING DONE FOR YOU GUYS EVERY DAY BY PLAYERS on forums. You only have to listen, choose and then code/script.
And here we come to….

“A very, very small percentage of our playerbase even visit these forums, let alone vote on a poll.”

Let’s think why this happens….. Maybe because you don’t listen to them? Maybe because in majority of cases they hear an echo when they give you feedback? Yea…

(edited by Oulov.7913)

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Typically, there is a somewhat useful Blog Post before a huge change is rolled out, and the playerbase is free to discuss how that will affect the game for them! An example is the mention that ranks are intended to be removed when the new PvP progression system rolls out. This was super useful to mention – and the feedback given made this decision pull a complete 180’.

Currently, with this (hopefully) imminent PvP progression overhaul, things are locked up SO tight behind closed doors. I can only imagine one outcome, really.

We’ll have a lot to talk about, so be sure to catch the Ready Up this Friday.

Less talk, more action. Justin, when the patch rolls out, you get on your Mesmer and I will get on my lolwarrior and meet me on a 1v1 server. Then we will see how well this game was balanced over the past 5 months.

#gauntletThrown
#dropsTheMic

A good shatter mesmer should beat a good warrior in a 1v1 arena. :/

I’m not a good shatter mesmer!

Alas, the gauntlet has been thrown, honor demands I rise to the challenge.

That’s OK, I’m a bad hambow. Once the balance patch arrives, we shall test this thing you call ‘balance’!

Two men enter, one man leaves!
One shall stand, one shall fall.
<insert witty statement here>

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

lilz shorty.1879, I respect your critical approach to the subject, but I have to disagree. As a counter-argument, consider the reverse. Would you prefer we remain more (or completely) static and not respond to changes and player feedback? Yes, being agile can have its downsides, I believe (and hope you will soon™ agree) the benefits greatly outweigh the costs.

Really DoYourBestBear.6810, really? It’s not funny when you do it. :P

Your WvW developers do exactly what I highlighted. Which is why I’m trying to get into PvP now but even that’s hard with all the rank 60 people who like to abuse you for soloq at rank 27

LOL no. A lot of people that WvW wouldn’t agree with your assessment, it is until only recently that WvWers have been getting nice things.

After a certain point, rank stops correlating to skill and becomes more of a function of time spent.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

cerberus.1937

I am a PvP only player and I would rather gold over glory any day of the week. I think removing glory is a great thing to do. The only way to make use out of glory is to do about 1 million clicks. I cba with this because it is lame and BS.

So speak for yourself. I know many players (who pvp and don’t use the forums) who couldn’t care less about glory being removed. And if they do care then they are happy about it because the current system is horrendous.

if you are only interested in gold then you are not a pvp player because pvp didn’t have anything to do with gold until they tried to flood pvp with pve players with the lure of gold only thing that pvp rewarded was glory, boosters, crafting mats, and reward chests for over a year.

also if you cant see how gold favors the pve champ train and tp flipper masses then its time to open your eyes or try explaining how pvp players have so much more gold than pve players.

Maybe its just me but I feel their time would be better spent fixing the many things broken in pvp already rather than trying to delete everything pvp players attained over the last year and a half or don’t you remember when they tried to delete ranks that failed now they are deleting everything else in favor of gold yah…….

(edited by cerberus.1937)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

If you knew the amount of players that actually played PvP in our game, then you would understand why a strawpoll with 300 votes is not sufficient.

If you count a player that only plays PvP for the AP’s and the daily towards the PvP-Population, than you’re probably right. Sorry but when queue-times are around 5-8 mins in soloq and above 8 minutes in teamq, I would never say 300 are not sufficient.

But yep, we all know that the development here ignores hard-facts . . .

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

oh kitten . Caedmon and SkiTz the most toxic players in the forums. This will be productive.

I’d like to see Dev’s 1v1 these players who are asking for it. Please put them in the next scrimmage so i can LOL

Really..? Most “Toxic” ? I think this is flaming and is against the rules but w/e.I dont even know who you are,nor am i “toxic”,mostly ive been making suggestions ( Instead of trying to insult people i do not know,like you are doing ) that are being completely neglected.Being dissapointed with how things are currently going in the pvp aspect of this game is a huge let down since i keep hoping month after month that something interesting is gonna happen.Yet as of now they are stripping it down and removing things instead of adding them.Anyways,your post was toxic,mine was atleast constructive and based on what i have experienced playing this game that made me come to that conclusion.By all means,if you think they actually do things based on player feedback,then keep believing that dream,im not here to tell you the easterbunny doesn;t exist.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in PvP

Dosvidaniya.3260

Actually, its funny you are claiming to know more about statistics and you prove how little you know.

TAking a strawpoll here only gives information about a subset of gamers that visit the forums, it doesnt provide a good sample of the PvP population at large, unless you believe the people here represent the whole PvP base, which that would be wrong.

Statistics relies on RANDOM spread, that would be like taking the opinion of 300 that read Fortune magazine and claiming since they all voted against the minimum wage increase that must mean every american hates an increase in the minimum wage.

And where did she mention a sampling bias as a reason for invalidity? Oh, she didn’t.

I guess you couldn’t be bothered to read the entire post or read subsequent posts. I stated “there are reasons the poll can be called into question.” Of course there is a potential sampling bias. We have no idea if the participants were indicative of the population. It’s likely that they aren’t. As I stated in the subsequent post, even 300 is probably too low assuming it was actually random.

That said, many opinion polls aren’t truly random. That’s a fact of life. You can bet that people without a phone (or that refuse to answer it) get excluded all the time. By your logic, every bit of CDI is a waste because it isn’t what the players want since there is a bias for the forum population.

The data is still useful and the size of the population does not factor into the validity of the poll. The reasons that were stated (by Allie) for discarding the poll are completely irrelevant. If that is truly the reason that ANet tossed the results, they are just cherry picking for something they want. If they discarded it because of sample size or proven bias, then they are actually using the data correctly. Either way, I wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that a larger population means you need a larger sample.

in PvP

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

Stop acting like you people do stuff based on player feedback,its BULL.If it is so,we would have proper game modes for pvp by now,balanced pvp and more maps instead of stuff being stripped from pvp.

Yes! Genie, make it so!

These things take time. We need to flesh out ideas, brainstorm, iterate, code, script, document, etc. Not all in the order, but you get the idea. There is a process. One that takes time.

I don’t do spvp but can the dev or someone back up this comment? Just you say you listen to us players doesn’t automatically make it true… or is it only confined in sPvP changes? Throughout the history of GW2 patch notes, can you list some changes that are specifically made on the request of the player base?

I took a break from GW2 for a year. I came back and virtually the only change that’s “direct result from player feedback” is the unified wallet. And I’m not talking about bug fixing and balancing, since those should be done without players constantly kittening about them.

Lastly to be on topic. The things OP listed since removed from the game… did players want them removed? Or maybe just improved?

a shard of crystal in the desert.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

if you are only interested in gold then you are not a pvp player because pvp didn’t have anything to do with gold until they tried to flood pvp with pve players with the lure of gold only thing that pvp rewarded was glory, boosters, crafting mats, and reward chests for over a year.

also if you cant see how gold favors the pve champ train and tp flipper masses then its time to open your eyes or try explaining how pvp players have so much more gold than pve players.

Maybe its just me but I feel their time would be better spent fixing the many things broken in pvp already rather than trying to delete everything pvp players attained over the last year and a half or don’t you remember when they tried to delete ranks that failed now they are deleting everything else in favor of gold yah…….

Stop just beating on anet for no reason and calling them out for changing something which SUCKED. Glory SUCKED. Totally sucked. You find me a pvp player who enjoyed getting rank reward chests with all the clicking required to salvage all that bs.

And don’t tell me I am not a pvp player. I don’t even use skins because that kitten doesn’t matter to me whatsoever dude. It is all pve nonesense. Customising my character for pvp? Who cares. It is a joke, I am here to fight people and have some fun/social experience/competition. I am not here to play “dress the barbie” with my avatar.

Removing glory is awesome because glory is just grind. Clicking salvage, blah blah blah.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Stop just beating on anet for no reason and calling them out for changing something which SUCKED. Glory SUCKED. Totally sucked. You find me a pvp player who enjoyed getting rank reward chests with all the clicking required to salvage all that bs.

And don’t tell me I am not a pvp player. I don’t even use skins because that kitten doesn’t matter to me whatsoever dude. It is all pve nonesense. Customising my character for pvp? Who cares. It is a joke, I am here to fight people and have some fun/social experience/competition. I am not here to play “dress the barbie” with my avatar.

Removing glory is awesome because glory is just grind. Clicking salvage, blah blah blah.

why on gods green earth did they have in place for 1.5 years if it was such a trash system?
I don’t think players are beating on anet for the change…they are beating on anet because of the blatant disregard to PvP…. GW1 was infamously known for having good, fun pvp. Thats the reason I even got GW2… I thought hmm, no way they could make it worse right? wrong.

Its blatantly obvious PvP is not even close to being a priority for anet, which is sad imo…

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

in PvP

cerberus.1937

wow someone needs a reality check you claim to be a pvp player but you are fine with anet deleting everything that is pvp its called denial need a dictionary (too harsh truth hurts)

lets take a stroll down memory lane

what is pvp player vs player what was rewarded in pvp
rank
glory
boosters
rank/ reward chests
crafting mats
what did anet try to delete or plan on deleting all of the above
enough said

(edited by cerberus.1937)

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

why on gods green earth did they have in place for 1.5 years if it was such a trash system?

Don’t know. I think they realised it was a trash system about 3-6 months ago though. And they have been working on a replacement since.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Then why do you want gold?

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

wow someone needs a reality check you claim to be a pvp player but you are fine with anet deleting everything that is pvp its called denial need a dictionary (too harsh truth hurts)

rank
glory
boosters
rank/ reward chests
enough said

How do I need a reality check? What is “pvp” about having to salvage a load of BS from chests. And then having to do more clicking to turn those into dyes. More clicking to open them and more clicking to sell that. That is just a waste of time. I would rather have no rewards at all than that. Glory/boosters is just spam not anything good for pvp. It just clutters up pvp with nonesense. Getting gold is way better. It is there with no need to do a ton of clicking.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

cerberus.1937

rank
glory
boosters
rank/ reward chests
enough said

How do I need a reality check? What is “pvp” about having to salvage a load of BS from chests. And then having to do more clicking to turn those into dyes. More clicking to open them and more clicking to sell that. That is just a waste of time. I would rather have no rewards at all than that. Glory/boosters is just spam not anything good for pvp. It just clutters up pvp with nonesense. Getting gold is way better. It is there with no need to do a ton of clicking.

was this quoted at you no please read before posting its a reality check thinking that deleting everything that separated pvp from pve and making pvp a pve reward system of gold completely favoring those with gold aka pve over the players its supposedly for pvp how is it “fair” when people from pve get higher rewards in pvp than those that have been with pvp since day 1 or 3 day head start again?

oh especially like your line rather have no rewards then delete all rewards and stop complaining you will get everything you ask for