Best Single Target Range Damage

in PvP

Posted by: FreshCookies.7024

FreshCookies.7024

So I recently started guildwars 2 back up and noticed quiet a few changes. I was just wondering who would you guys say is the Single Target damage champ for pve and pvp . I prefer range but am willing to give meele a try.
ive taken a look at the ranger and its pet. If I can keep the thing alive I do some great dps. any advice to help me start out again would be much appretiated

in PvP

Posted by: crystlviper.8523

crystlviper.8523

This is coming from a ranger, so you know. The pet actually isn’t utilized for max dps, it is put into play to do three things. 1: Keep your opponent in a movement state(so they cannot lock down a position, and hit you with the big stuff)2: To soak up the opponents cc(so they can get away from pet and get to you).3: To basically add that little bit of finish him damage(that extra condition, which is the nail in their coffin).

Now that I got that out of the way i will give you my(this is my own preference, so no trolling)impression. I am bleeder sb level 80 atm. I do very very good damage in both pve as well as pvp. so if you want my answer here it is: best single target range dps falls like this

1: Mage
2: Ranger
3: Hambow warrior

everything else below this isnt important

Again this is my personal preference, im sure someone will come and try to troll it up but hope this helps ya.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

(this is my own preference, so no trolling)impression. I am bleeder sb level 80 atm. I do very very good damage in both pve as well as pvp. so if you want my answer here it is: best single target range dps falls like this

Again this is my personal preference, im sure someone will come and try to troll it up but hope this helps ya.

Really… really

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

yes listen to this guy and make a mage…
its the secret class you unlock by entering the konami code while stacked with conditions.

but in all seriousness if you want the real nasty range gods then:
meta:
s/f fresh air ele, (insta kills things, takes some practice)
terrormancer/condi mancer (perma fear, OP)
or if you’re not strictly single target you could try staff ele, crazy damage

or i’ve been having hellish fun as a Power ranger recently, auto attacks critting for 3k from 1500, pop quickness and nuke things down!

in PvP

crystlviper.8523

I find sb bleeder to be very fun, and very powerful, when you learn the rotations and the timings.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I suggest power hunter with read the wind trait, it’s quite strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

really

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

crystlviper.8523

Yes its powerful however your attack speed is very slow and can only be speed up wigh quickening zepher. My opinion not worth it, but play how you want to, this is just my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Best single target range dps? Necro lich form… That is all.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Vamp Rook.7835

Vamp Rook.7835

Hunter, Mage… Are we playing same game?

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Night elf druid does the most dps.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Yes its powerful however your attack speed is very slow and can only be speed up wigh quickening zepher. My opinion not worth it, but play how you want to, this is just my opinion.

And staff ele is not slow?

For single target ranged DPS ranger is supreme. For ranged aoe, ele wins closely followed by necro.
Ele is focused on aoe. Outside of air, ele is 70% aoe skills. Air dps is lower then fire and all aoe dps is lower then single target.

Hambow dps sucks, and if a hambow beats a railgun ranger, then the ranger did an awful lot of mistakes, or just stood there eating full combustive shot, pin down and arcing arrow without cleansing any condition.

6/5/3/0/0 or 6/0/2/6/0 with zerker amulet will steamroll any warrior bow user simply beacuse warrior range is 1000 vs 1200 on ranger. And at 1000 range warrior arrows is too slow. At melee range the pet will tear the warrior apart with a goid mix of cc and damage.
Alpine wolf + wolf = warrior dps is gone. Each knockdown, fear and chill will further destroy the warriors meager chance to even hit the reanger in the first place. And if we need to address secondary weapons then sword + axe will send any warrior burst back in their own face with interest.

Ranger wins ranged battles because the moment you go 6 into marks you have a guaranteed cirt + 5 stacks of invuln on target. Fire off rapid fire and that increases to 15…. add in pet and that is 20…..

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Paladin best ranged DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This is coming from a ranger, so you know. The pet actually isn’t utilized for max dps, it is put into play to do three things. 1: Keep your opponent in a movement state(so they cannot lock down a position, and hit you with the big stuff)2: To soak up the opponents cc(so they can get away from pet and get to you).3: To basically add that little bit of finish him damage(that extra condition, which is the nail in their coffin).

Now that I got that out of the way i will give you my(this is my own preference, so no trolling)impression. I am bleeder sb level 80 atm. I do very very good damage in both pve as well as pvp. so if you want my answer here it is: best single target range dps falls like this

Lol. “Mage”

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

l o l w t f

So yea a single target ranged DPS max would be zerker longbow ranger

Not saying it’s a good idea though.

You’d want to look into shatter mesmer I think.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Bring an ele over ranger for power builds. Ranger power is still weak.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

You’re gonna wanna at least try out elemental shaman. Great burst and having bloodlust is great team utility.

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

SoS ritualist ftw!

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

lich, llichlichlichlich, lich, form!

opeeeee

in PvP

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Power Ranger’s are far from weak… and if you run eagle eye you have 1500 range with great accuracy thanks to read the wind.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Power Ranger’s are far from weak… and if you run eagle eye you have 1500 range with great accuracy thanks to read the wind.

you’ll also kill yourself more than any other class. You can’t see reflect skill animations from 1,500 range. Be careful out there

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

s/f fresh air ele, (insta kills things, takes some practice)

It does a LOT of damage if lucky enough, but it does not ‘insta kill’ anything..

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Full Zerker Ele in PvE is amazing DPS, and does AoE too.

With a good group providing might, if you Meteor Storm then switch to Tornado, you hit over 5k power.