Choose your own team...

Choose your own team...

in PvP

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

This should be removed, I don’t play much spvp but when I do I do it solo, I gave up on Tpvp because the match making is so bad, bunch of solo’s against 5 of the top 10 is a dumb way to do it. Which is weird because gw1 had random arena’s and team arena’s and look how good that did, why change something that works?

Anyways Spvp is turning into the same thing but on a much larger scale, tried a few different games today and everyone of them ended up being a bunch of random low levels against 30/40+ guild teams that just waited for people to join the opposite team so they could be on the same team.

This change has taken all the fun out of Spvp because every match is a blowout, the update might of boosted your below average pvp player base for now but I assure you it will quickly dwindle down to nothing if it keeps going like this.

[Ark]Noober

Choose your own team...

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

matchmaking is fine, find some friends to play with soloing is bad if you are not matched to team of 3 or 4… or just play until your rating fall down enough so you wont meet any teams or only VERY BAD teams im usually playing with 2 or more friends with around 85% percentile and im ok, +-50% win rate with fun games, matchmaking works good

hot join is fine as it is, its not supposed to be competitive so there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to choose your team or even switch teams

(edited by MaXi.3642)

Choose your own team...

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

matchmaking is fine, find some friends to play with soloing is bad if you are not matched to team of 3 or 4… or just play until your rating fall down enough so you wont meet any teams or only VERY BAD teams im usually playing with 2 or more friends with around 85% percentile and im ok, +-50% win rate with fun games, matchmaking works good

Wrong. They need to separate solo and team queues.
Going in with the regulars and stomping pubs isn’t fun.
Getting stomped by an organized team is also not fun.

A “:)” is a kittenty replacement for a period.

hot join is fine as it is, its not supposed to be competitive so there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to choose your team or even switch teams

So it’s fine if groups of people all join on one team repeatedly using this new feature and smash the opposition because “it’s not competitive”

Player vs Player, by definition, is competitive.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Choose your own team...

in PvP

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

Wrong. They need to separate solo and team queues.
Going in with the regulars and stomping pubs isn’t fun.
Getting stomped by an organized team is also not fun.

A “:)” is a kittenty replacement for a period.

So it’s fine if groups of people all join on one team repeatedly using this new feature and smash the opposition because “it’s not competitive”

if you scream loud enough, anet might fart in your general direction

Choose your own team...

in PvP

Posted by: Lonny.9873

Lonny.9873

I’m almost exclusively SoloQueuing.
To be honest I’m fine with not having a seperate SoloQ/TeamQ. IMO it encourages People to form a Team on their own.

My Rating swings between place ~500 and unlistekitten’s ok for me. Dunno why people always complain. Either start to play better or get a team running. It’s not like those premades are unbeatable…

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

Choose your own team...

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

yes its fine, its for fun, for testing, for nothing, if you want fair match, go play tournaments, where at least you are matched using a serious rating and not randomness of who join the arena…

Choose your own team...

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

yes its fine, its for fun, for testing, for nothing, if you want fair match, go play tournaments, where at least you are matched using a serious rating and not randomness of who join the arena…

You say it’s fine but you contradict yourself here

You stated that it’s “fair”. How can a system that’s fair allow for pre-mades to face solo que’s. There is nothing equitable about relying on chance to put solo players with 3 or 4 man teams. There is nothing equitable about having to lose as a solo kitten until you drop to a level where you can carry a team by yourself. Your flimsy anecdotes are as awful as your punctuation.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

(edited by Brutal Arts.6307)