Engies are breaking sPVP

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Every profession has hard counters. Thief hard counters Mes, Engi hard counters thief, war, and pretty much everybody except Necro. Engi vs Ele is pretty even IMHO.

Ele’s hard counter is..?

Necro’s hard counter is..?

There are no very-unfavorable matchups for the meta builds on these 2 professions.

But okay. Engineer has a hard counter and that’s cool and the way it should be. But that’s hardly a good thing to point out when you’re trying to say that Engineers are overpowered compared to other professions.

d/d ele doesn’t have a hard counter but s/f and staff do. I think Engineer only class that could stand up to d/d ele.

Necro, I would say if any class is going to hard counter a necro its a Ranger. Just matter time before a top team has one and makes it work.

Engineer, they have heaps of counters. IP is bit broken but other then that I don’t see what the problem with Engineers are. To run the good Engineer builds they give up there condition remove, meaning if you stack immobs on them after healing turret they more or less food after there blocks run out. I don’t understand why after how many months no one picked up on this… Five’s been saying it over and over and over….

And GL Five I hope you guys win, your currently NA’s best team.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

As someone who is literally playing every single class in the game on my main account…

Id say the OP is both biased and tunnelvisioning something HE struggles with. Mesmer is actually quite decent vs engi unless the engi is condi + gets a good condiburst off.

But tbh after 10.000 soloq games where u arent able to maintain top 100/200 on an incredibly weak NA ladder (where everyone outside the top 50 is literally on par with hotjoiners) I would probably be frustrated and start blaming outside factors aswell. Or maybe i wouldnt …. I think its the main reason why youre struggling.

Dont get me wrong engis are good. But its a pretty equal fight vs a lot of meta builds.

(edited by supvil.3470)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

As someone who is literally playing every single class in the game on my main account…

Id say the OP is both biased and tunnelvisioning something HE struggles with. Mesmer is actually quite decent vs engi unless the engi is condi + gets a good condiburst off.

But tbh after 10.000 soloq games where u arent able to maintain top 100/200 on an incredibly weak NA ladder (where everyone outside the top 50 is literally on par with hotjoiners) I would probably be frustrated and start blaming outside factors aswell. Or maybe that is the reason why youre struggling….

Dont get me wrong engis are good. But its a pretty equal fight vs a lot of meta builds.

Lol don’t bringing kitten t e r s boards into this plz, everybody knows they’re broken.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Ele vs Necro is even, just like Ele vs Engi is pretty even too. But engi hard counters everbody else after that. We have 8 profession, you only get hard counter by 1(necro). So you see, it is a good thing to point out regarding how OP the engi is. He’s able to hard counter everybody else except Necro. Perma swiftness, Supply crate, Gear shield 16 sec cd traited + exilir S, 5 sec stealth, IP, balthazar runes, strength runes, celestial Amulet. Best 2v1 class in the game, gets away with so much crap. So yes overpowered by a lot.

You are not good at comparing things.

Ele and Necro don’t even have 1 hard counter. They are able to go even or are favored in pretty much every matchup I can think of. Maybe not Necro vs. Meditation Guard?

Engineer simply has no chance vs. Necro and in my opinion, at the highest level, at a disadvantage against Ele and Entangle Rangers. Engineers go even with Mesmers, and are advantaged against Guardians, Thieves, Warriors.

Is it not just common sense that your argument is bad, in which Engineer ‘only’ has one hard counter and supposedly wrecks everything else, when it’s more accurate to say Engineer has the third best overall matchups out of 8 professions, at best?

Either way, 1v1 matchups are only one dimension of a profession’s ability, but I think it’s pretty clear that Engineer is not out of line in this one dimension, given it’s variously advantaged against 3 professions meta builds, variously disadvantaged against 3 professions meta builds, and anyone’s game, with the last two. Honestly, I think based on a person’s discretion, it could be said that it’s anyone’s game for Engineer against more professions.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

supvil.3470

Lol don’t bringing kitten t e r s boards into this plz, everybody knows they’re broken.

There u go …play the blame game again.

Its never your fault. Its always the system, that other class, lagg, your mother who enters your room etc etc.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Ele vs Necro is even, just like Ele vs Engi is pretty even too. But engi hard counters everbody else after that. We have 8 profession, you only get hard counter by 1(necro). So you see, it is a good thing to point out regarding how OP the engi is. He’s able to hard counter everybody else except Necro. Perma swiftness, Supply crate, Gear shield 16 sec cd traited + exilir S, 5 sec stealth, IP, balthazar runes, strength runes, celestial Amulet. Best 2v1 class in the game, gets away with so much crap. So yes overpowered by a lot.

Actually engi has multiple hard counters and some soft ones. SF ele and necro hard counters, condition ranger is pretty good soft counter. All those evades +high condi burst with wolf fear and multiple immob options make them a pain to deal with.

Then you have specs that can have 50/50 chance celest else dd or staff. Celest might bow/x wars can do alright though odds are a bit towards engi in straight up 1v1, but wars are just as impactful in team fights.

Also I could easily argue that a mes+thief comp is stronger than double engine comp. Lots of hyperbole in this thread.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

You are not good at comparing things.

Ele and Necro don’t even have 1 hard counter. They are able to go even or are favored in pretty much every matchup I can think of. Maybe not Necro vs. Meditation Guard?

Engineer simply has no chance vs. Necro and in my opinion, at the highest level, at a disadvantage against Ele and Entangle Rangers. Engineers go even with Mesmers, and are advantaged against Guardians, Thieves, Warriors.

Is it not just common sense that your argument is bad, in which Engineer ‘only’ has one hard counter and supposedly wrecks everything else, when it’s more accurate to say Engineer has the third best overall matchups out of 8 professions, at best?

Either way, 1v1 matchups are only one dimension of a profession’s ability, but I think it’s pretty clear that Engineer is not out of line in this one dimension, given it’s variously advantaged against 3 professions meta builds, variously disadvantaged against 3 professions meta builds, and anyone’s game, with the last two. Honestly, I think based on a person’s discretion, it could be said that it’s anyone’s game for Engineer against more professions.

LOL, Everything I said is the truth. Your only hard counter is Necro, Ele vs Engi is pretty even. But there’s no point in continuing this argument with you, saying that engis go even with mesmers it’s a nice joke lol. If you lose to a mes on a point you just got out played hard. Mesmer has no condi removal, just auto attacks from pistol procs IP and mes dies. if you lose to a condi ranger you’re just bad. I know engi is op, and everybody elses knows it too. You can argue all you want, but the truth is engis is OP and has been OP for ages.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Actually engi has multiple hard counters and some soft ones. SF ele and necro hard counters, condition ranger is pretty good soft counter. All those evades +high condi burst with wolf fear and multiple immob options make them a pain to deal with.

Then you have specs that can have 50/50 chance celest else dd or staff. Celest might bow/x wars can do alright though odds are a bit towards engi in straight up 1v1, but wars are just as impactful in team fights.

Also I could easily argue that a mes+thief comp is stronger than double engine comp. Lots of hyperbole in this thread.

S/F ele has no sustain to even compete vs a good engi.They sure can be a pain to deal with, because of swirling winds and magnetic wave. But there’s counter play to swirling wind, like magnetic pull. And just landing a few nades kills the ele. Survival ranger has strong condi application and entangle, but a celestial rifle engi will make quick work of that. Jump shot, Bunderbuss, Grenade barrage can all one shot entangle.

Actually double engi can be problematic for thief/mes comp.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

LOL, Everything I said is the truth. Your only hard counter is Necro, Ele vs Engi is pretty even. But there’s no point in continuing this argument with you, saying that engis go even with mesmers it’s a nice joke lol. If you lose to a mes on a point you just got out played hard. Mesmer has no condi removal, just auto attacks from pistol procs IP and mes dies. if you lose to a condi ranger you’re just bad. I know engi is op, and everybody elses knows it too. You can argue all you want, but the truth is engis is OP and has been OP for ages.

Don’t be bad.. you main Mesmer and yet you’re talking about dying to Engineers on point like that ever happens? Here are some tips so you can not die to Engineers on point:

• Don’t fight an Engineer on point. Give up the neutral or even the cap if the Engineer will die, because him being point-committed will further increase your chances of winning.
  • When the Engineer is walking at you hitting 1 to apply burning, dodge backwards and let a clone eat IP.

To die to a Cele Rifle build on Mesmer, I think that’s funny. A Mesmer getting smacked by grenades and 200 range rifle skills repeatedly on point, you just made my day. I think Rabid builds have a better shot if the mesmer can’t body block with clones occasionally. If the Mesmer is any good, at a higher skill tier it will be a struggle, and anyone’s game.

And no, an Engineer dying to a condi ranger does not make the Engineer bad. The Engineer only has condition removal once every 15 seconds at best, so it’s not hard at all to stick an Entangle every 48s. Meanwhile the Ranger has many tools to stop rifle burst, such as dodges while immobilized, immob breaking stunbreak, and Shared Anguish for the rifle KD. 30+ condition removal per minute with Survival Skills & Empathic Bond versus 6-8 condition removal per minute.. the Engineer is not favored to win, mostly due to the new Entangle. But the Engineer can eventually win by dipping off point a lot and healing, and using crate. Again, the Ranger should force the Engineer off the point way more than the inverse, so it’s in the Ranger’s favor but only a soft counter.

Engineer may have the advantage against Hambow, but Condition Warrior has the advantage to Engineer. Condition Guard sucks and still anyone’s game vs. a Cele Engineer, due to cleansing burn once and then burning for 15 more seconds.

Magic Toker’s 2/0/0/6/6 Thief, played at a super high level, with LOS spots like Henge or Mine, vs. Cele Rifle build is anyone’s game. Some days Toker goes 1 and 1 with me. Usually Engi has the advantage.

There are just a ton of things that are not a steamroll for Engineers. You’re biased as hell.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

@Ghaelon

Lets face it bud. You have very limited experience playing this game with and against top players. As a result your perception of all the classes in this game is extremely skewed. I strongly believe that games should be balanced from the top down. In other words, balancing should take place at the highest level of play. Mesmer is at a distinct advantage when facing engineer in 5v5 conquest. Ask any TOP mesmer (Helseth, Supcutie etc) how they feel about fighting engis. I think the main problem you currently face is that your mechanical skill is not quite high enough for you to fight engis. I know this is a problem that many people face and that it can be very difficult to deal with this. Sorry. But both Mesmer and Necro are at a distinct advantage vs Engineer. Thief when played flawlessly, is able to beat anything 1v1 (Sizer/Toker get close at S/D Acro). Ele goes even. To say that you cant fight an engineer on point is silly. Leave a portal and use your mobility to burst mid, what can he do??? OR simply fight off node (while he is on it)… see what happens…. But honestly, your opinion seems very based around an underlying Player Skill Issue.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

@Ghaelon

Lets face it bud. You have very limited experience playing this game with and against top players. As a result your perception of all the classes in this game is extremely skewed. I strongly believe that games should be balanced from the top down. In other words, balancing should take place at the highest level of play. Mesmer is at a distinct advantage when facing engineer in 5v5 conquest. Ask any TOP mesmer (Helseth, Supcutie etc) how they feel about fighting engis. I think the main problem you currently face is that your mechanical skill is not quite high enough for you to fight engis. I know this is a problem that many people face and that it can be very difficult to deal with this. Sorry. But both Mesmer and Necro are at a distinct advantage vs Engineer. Thief when played flawlessly, is able to beat anything 1v1 (Sizer/Toker get close at S/D Acro). Ele goes even. To say that you cant fight an engineer on point is silly. Leave a portal and use your mobility to burst mid, what can he do??? OR simply fight off node (while he is on it)… see what happens…. But honestly, your opinion seems very based around an underlying Player Skill Issue.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl nice joke kid

Where is the competition in this game? Same 5 guilds playing?
Let me teach you a little about what real competition looks like. I was top player in NA in GW1. You can go look me up in GW1 memorial. In gw1 we had thousands of guilds competing every night. So, everybody who was at the top was good. You can’t tell with the little competition you got here who is actually good. Hey, I don’t blame people for not wanting to try hard. There’s no incentive to form a team and be competitive. Real competitions has thousands of teams, not 5 guilds………..trying hard. Also it’s funny what you said, when my zulu guild was still playing I’m pretty sure we destroyed you and Aeroxe every night. Mr top player……….. LOL

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@Ghaleon

Just on rangers vs engi…Rangers can beat engi. I’ve done it, and seen it done, unless you are a total noob. And Ele vs Engi, it depends on what the ele is running. D/D? fairly even. Staff? Favor ele vs engi any day of the week.

Also eles have invuls….http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Flesh

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

@Ghaleon

Just on rangers vs engi…Rangers can beat engi. I’ve done it, and seen it done, unless you are a total noob. And Ele vs Engi, it depends on what the ele is running. D/D? fairly even. Staff? Favor ele vs engi any day of the week.

Where is the invuls on the current D/D ele meta?

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

pdavis.8031

@Ghaleon

Where is the invuls on the current D/D ele meta?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fortify from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Conjure_Earth_Shield

And these are slot skills, not weapon skills. Also while the meta is the favored setup, sometimes using other utilities for different situations is better then just blindly following what is popular at the moment.

recognize my command!”

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

pdavis.8031

I’m starting a 5k to support Ghaleon’s efforts in this thread. Who’s with me?

Is it an in-game 5k? You do realize you are talking to a bunch of gamers who are on the forums in the middle of the day…

To most of us “outside” is considered to be a beautifully rendered 3D world. However, the lack of any decent mechanics, horrible AI, and glaring lack of story, plot, or memorable characters it’s not really worth our time. :P

recognize my command!”

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

celestial needs two stats removed. celestial d/d elementalist and celestial rifle engineer are two of the most overpowered specs in the game.

there is no reason why it should have 834 more points (two stats worth) than literally every other amulet in a gamemode in that boasts “standardized” stats to promote a strictly balanced environment. it simply makes no sense and obviously we have had toxic results via engie, warrior, and elementalist exploiting it.

personally, i think healing power and ferocity should go. it would do enough to make the amulet balanced without gimping the amulet.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

celestial needs two stats removed. celestial d/d elementalist and celestial rifle engineer are two of the most overpowered specs in the game.

Hard to say if nerfing the stats on Cele is the right way. Cele is miles ahead of every other amulet for D/D Ele, but there’s no Cele Engies on EU (they’re dismissed as ineffective), and there is always Rabid Engi that naturally has great synergy with Incendiary Powder and Balthazar, much more so than Celestial.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

Unlike chaith who is much more modest. I will out right say that I play at a much higher level than you ever have. Engineer is not OP and similar to a lot of classes in this game it has a very high skill cap. You could sit here for hours complaining about all the people who play better than you, but at the end of the day it comes down to one simple thing. Player. Skill.
Love Backpack
Tournament of Legends 2 winner
22 win streak in MP 2v2
Over 20 wins in MP conquest cup
Tournament of Glory 2nd place (left first place team due to age restriction in following event)
ESL Go4 cup 1 First place
Team q Leaderboard Highest 1st, current 6th

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

umad bro this is esports :] enjoy top pvp worldwide anet #1 dev 10/10 would purchase gw3

Esports only exists in Anets dreams. There is so much wrong with GW2 pvp that Anet wont have everything fixed before 2070. Cash prices alone dont make esports.
It wont do the game any good if anet balances the game around the top 100 players either. It drives all the people who try out PvP away to PvE again.

Mesmer Moa, Lich form, Turret engineers always drive me furious if I see them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Is it an in-game 5k? You do realize you are talking to a bunch of gamers who are on the forums in the middle of the day…

To most of us “outside” is considered to be a beautifully rendered 3D world. However, the lack of any decent mechanics, horrible AI, and glaring lack of story, plot, or memorable characters it’s not really worth our time. :P

Good point. I guess in that case, I’ll make it in-game. It’ll be a race from Divinity’s Reach to Lion’s Arch.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

pdavis.8031

You think because you’re popular makes you good at the game? Wrong,! I know a lot of engis that don’t try hard at this game and are 10 times the engi you are. In my honest opinion, you’re mediocre at best.

Can you quote me anywhere where I’ve boasted about my in-game skills, or ‘popularity’ or claimed to be the best Engineer..?

Honestly I get just as much joy out of watching your arguments about Engineers fall apart and devolve into attacks on other players because you’ve opened your mouth too much and revealed for all to see, the vacuous black hole that is your knowledge of GW2.

Just because we don’t agree on something, doesn’t make my knowledge of the game a black hole. The fact is that the current engi is too strong and it needs to be tone down.

I agree, just because you don’t agree one something doesn’t mean you your knowledge is lacking. However, what you have stated as “fact” has been proven on several ocassions to not be entirely true. Are engineers strong? yes, but so are many other professions and builds. Are they too strong to the point of being overpowered? Not at all.

Again, if I, a below average player, can beat a engi in 1v1 more often then not, then engis are not OP or too strong.

I think the term Overpowered is being tossed about so much without actually understanding what it means. Overpowered: To affect so strongly as to make helpless or ineffective; overwhelm.

Are engineers affecting other classes so much, that they helpless or ineffective? Nope. If this is the case, how so?
Are Engineers overwhelming PvP, WvW, or PvE? To the point where they are rendering zergs, bosses, mobs, and players ineffective or helpless? Last I heard Engineer DPS was awful at best, but I could be wrong.

In conclusion. Engineers are not OP and are not too strong as to be considered broken.

recognize my command!”

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

pdavis.8031

Good point. I guess in that case, I’ll make it in-game. It’ll be a race from Divinity’s Reach to Lion’s Arch.

I’m down!

recognize my command!”

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Josh.3759

Josh.3759

Mii boii Dany going in reading this post throughout the day been really amusing.

Good Fights GvG | WvW Team
| LvL 80 elementalist Call Meh God | Multi-Gaming no lifer

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Mii boii Dany going in reading this post throughout the day been really amusing.

Mii Boii you need to come back, Ghouls and I miss our partner in Crime.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Josh.3759

Josh.3759

Mii Boii you need to come back, Ghouls and I miss our partner in Crime.

Would love too if the game had a reason for me too play. Plus making that esports money on Halo anyways I got spot for you and Ghoul whenever y’all convert too console

Good Fights GvG | WvW Team
| LvL 80 elementalist Call Meh God | Multi-Gaming no lifer

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

MailMail.6534

Aww this is a cute little reunion. Nice try, Josh, but ghaleon isn’t going anywhere. You can’t take him from this thread!! He’s ours!

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

As a top 150 soloQ player i dread nothing more than facing an engie on a point. 1v1 will be no contest unless there is a huge player discrepancy.

Even IF necro counters engie, engies counter everyone else! Especially when fighting on point.

“but but… there is more to SPVP than nodes!”
- As long as SPVP is conquest based, this issue will persist. If you lose 2-3 nodes like this, you lose the game.

“Mes too counters engie!”
- Hardly, mes, a class with minimal condi removal stands no chance vs one of the classes with the highest condie pressures and ways to directly negate your burst

“Bring a friend!”
- Sure! and you end up getting crushed at middle and getting rolled over for the next 3 min till everyone is back together. Or you lose the fight for tranquility. In any case, this is not the solution.

You cannot have strong CC, invuls, 3s blocks, extremly strong condi pressure and turrets (which act as CC, damage and healing indipendent of the player)

Warriors got hammered because they could spam CC/AoE on everyone like no tomorrow. Do you really think you are gonna get away with the current status of the class?

(edited by Hunter.4783)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

As a top 150 soloQ player i dread nothing more than facing an engie on a point. 1v1 will be no contest unless there is a huge player discrepancy.

Even IF necro counters engie, engies counter everyone else! Especially when fighting on point.

“but but… there is more to SPVP than nodes!”
- As long as SPVP is conquest based, this issue will persist. If you lose 2-3 nodes like this, you lose the game.

“Mes too counters engie!”
- Hardly, mes, a class with minimal condi removal stands no chance vs one of the classes with the highest condie pressures and ways to directly negate your burst

“Bring a friend!”
- Sure! and you end up getting crushed at middle and getting rolled over for the next 3 min till everyone is back together. Or you lose the fight for tranquility. In any case, this is not the solution.

You cannot have strong CC, invuls, 3s blocks, extremly strong condi pressure and turrets (which act as CC, damage and healing indipendent of the player)

Warriors got hammered because they could spam CC/AoE on everyone like no tomorrow. Do you really think you are gonna get away with the current status of the class?

+1

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Unlike chaith who is much more modest. I will out right say that I play at a much higher level than you ever have. Engineer is not OP and similar to a lot of classes in this game it has a very high skill cap. You could sit here for hours complaining about all the people who play better than you, but at the end of the day it comes down to one simple thing. Player. Skill.
Love Backpack
Tournament of Legends 2 winner
22 win streak in MP 2v2
Over 20 wins in MP conquest cup
Tournament of Glory 2nd place (left first place team due to age restriction in following event)
ESL Go4 cup 1 First place
Team q Leaderboard Highest 1st, current 6th

I think you mistake your own personal skill with the state of the class. Sure you are good. It wouldn’t be smart for someone to argue against that. It doesn’t change the fact that the class is OP.

Right now there are 3 specs in the game that need a nerf.

1. D/D cele ele. Do I need to explain this more? The fact that an ele is a better point defender than a bunker guard makes no sense.
2. Turret engi. Doesn’t impact impact high end games, but does impact any uncoordinated game. That comprises ALL hot join, ALL solo queue, and 75% of team queue (I’m actually think it is even higher). Needs a nerf.
3. Cele Engi. In general engi has too much sustain

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Engi needs nerf.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

MailMail.6534

Mesmers have various ways to remove conditions. The only thing that makes an engi battle hard is knockbacks due to Mesmer’s lack of stability. Outside of that, Mesmers have the advantage.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

supvil.3470

- meta staff ele is actually in favour of the ele.
- cant remember the last time i lost an on point fight as DD ele vs a non turret engie. If they dont have crate ready they are 100% dead regardless off the build.
- mesmer should not fight on point…..youre a burst class and not meant to fight on point untill you start your burst rotation.

So kill the engi while kiting his dmg -> capture the node -> profit.

Problem is that you want to have AND some of the best burst dmg in the game AND as much sustain as anyone else when fighting on point. You dont seem to get that that would be broken as kitten.

(edited by supvil.3470)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

- meta staff ele is actually in favour of the ele.
- cant remember the last time i lost an on point fight as DD ele vs a non turret engie. If they dont have crate ready they are 100% dead regardless off the build.
- mesmer should not fight on point…..youre a burst class and not meant to fight on point untill you start your burst rotation.

So kill the engi while kiting his dmg -> capture the node -> profit.

Problem is that you want to have AND some of the best burst dmg in the game AND as much sustain as anyone else when fighting on point. You dont seem to get that that would be broken as kitten.

You have the huge experience from ~ 80 games in soloQ. Maybe play some more to judge engis on point.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: AlexVv.3965

AlexVv.3965

Engineers are fine and balanced … perhaps. But those endless cans – boxes with any crap bit tiring. In my humble opinion, it is useless to argue that this assembly is not the OP. As in his time were the OP hambows and spirit Rangers. They were nerfed, will also be nerfed and these canisters – crates -turret.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

supvil.3470

You have the huge experience from ~ 80 games in soloQ. Maybe play some more to judge engis on point.

Main account has a bit more

(edited by supvil.3470)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

Main account has a bit more:

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Locuz2651

Then you are the best player in the world if you never lose to an engi on point. Or I play only vs very bad eles.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

supvil.3470

Then you are the best player in the world if you never lose to an engi on point. Or I play only vs very bad eles.

Judging by your account you only play a select number of classes. Maybe if you tried some engi for yourself youll see that its not as easy as make it sound vs good DD or staff eles.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

I play engi only. I have ~15 games on guardian and all the rest are on engi only. (and yes I played d/d ele by myself but only in hot join to see what they are doing)

But I still in the opinion that an cele engi is fine in 1on1 vs ele. To be honest the engi is able to decap and to contest the point for a very long time vs ele.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

Mesmers have various ways to remove conditions. The only thing that makes an engi battle hard is knockbacks due to Mesmer’s lack of stability. Outside of that, Mesmers have the advantage.

I’ve been playing Mesmer for 2 years and I can say that it is completely accurate.

(edited by inhearth.2038)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

So we’re all in agreement that Engies need a nerf?

Good let’s move on to the next topic

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

The lower tiered players are in agreement! Anet is smart enough not to balance according to the whims of not so great players! Remember all the qq about Heartseekeer! Years ago there was more qq about that than words in the Skyhammer thread! And now it’s used 98% for stealth instead of damage! Get good sons! #gadgetmeta2014! #kapowrightinthecranium

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

Just a reminder, don’t lump together 3kit engi and turret engi and say that engi’s are over powered. I have read through all 3 pages and I continually read people saying that “engi has cc, condition, blocks, invuln, breaks, healing, condition clear” which is obviously not true if you knew the builds.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Just a reminder, don’t lump together 3kit engi and turret engi and say that engi’s are over powered. I have read through all 3 pages and I continually read people saying that “engi has cc, condition, blocks, invuln, breaks, healing, condition clear” which is obviously not true if you knew the builds.

We know the builds……….. come on now get off that denial train.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

The lower tiered players are in agreement! Anet is smart enough not to balance according to the whims of not so great players! Remember all the qq about Heartseekeer! Years ago there was more qq about that than words in the Skyhammer thread! And now it’s used 98% for stealth instead of damage! Get good sons! #gadgetmeta2014! #kapowrightinthecranium

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Ve Wee we all know you’re not the #1 engi in NA, and first rank 80. kitten and get good.
And before you attempt to trying me, let me warn you. You’re not rdy son, I kitten d your engi so many time, to me you’re down state food. Also if you’re get beaten by a mes, you’re getting outplayed, so your skill lvl is above of backpack, but still of an infant.

Bye frand

aaannnd now we are devolving into personal attacks. gj closed thread inc.

Honestl,though.

If you have a problem with people and you think engie is OP to the point where you can, with your superior skill, beat people easily.

Challenge them to a duel, or team arena game, there are plenty of rooms for that.
Solves problems with peoples personal skill much much faster.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

Respectfully, the OP posted in the second page that a turret build has 3s of blocking and invuln. To my knowledge, that is not in a turret build.