Future of PvP?

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

So there once was a really nice blogpost which sounded promising. But I and all other players feel that that were just lies to keep us on a leash.

The pvp ready up is a joke with ppl talking about cow finishers and nothing interesting happens.

The update was good tough (except for the rank change which is a joke). But you guys need to have more courage. Why not remove skyhammer and spiritwatch from soloqueue, every player I know would rather play raid on the capricorn competitive than these maps.
why not add the deathmatch map to soloqueue?

will there ever be new gamemodes in pvp? or did you abandon this? how is the future of pvp?

It’s just always ifs and “when it’s ready”. You guys are just not open enough. I understand that something can throw you back, but then you don’t say “when it’s ready” you say “the new map will come out 2 months later or so because we still have problems with the mesh and balancing”… for example. At least then we know that something is happening.

For the PvP community you are just a bunch of guys releasing PvE updates and throwing some sugar all 6 months so we keep playing this game. I feel like getting kicked in the butt since beta (and now I wished I hadnd’t played that much pvp, then I would be r80 AND have my legendaries like others I know)

(edited by Django.5923)

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Also the rewards are a laugh compared to PvE. People can be like ’it’s better than nothing’, but I want to be as much rewarded as a PvEr.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I just want more game modes. That’s all. Mostly something more PvP-combat focused.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

I just want a new game mode so I dont have to play skyhammer again

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Wishlist

• New game mode(s)
  • Better rewards
  • Guild/team facilities
Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

Yeah they really kittened up by bringing all these guys with their legendary weapons in sPvP… They’ve wasted their time to do their weapons because they liked to have them in WvW/PvE (you couldn’t use them in sPvP).
So why should they be privileged over sPvP players? Do players who’ve wasted their time in sPvP have legendary weapons?
Do sPvP players have exclusive awesome weapon skins in WvW/PvE ? NON!
Why cannot players who exclusively do sPvP have some exclusive awesome weapon skins in sPvP?

Yes, I feel jealous because I don’t have any chance to get a legendary weapon (or put an exclusive awesome skin here) just by doing sPvP… none
I won’t do 1 or 2 months of full PvE just to get a legendary weapon… I’m so kittening bored in PvE… The only thing that keeps me play this game is : skin, and that forces me to PvE… Why keep playing this game?

There’s still no more game modes, no 2vs2, 3vs3 Arenas. No capture of flag. No really fun stuffs. No real ranking. No challenge. No interesting rewards. No real balances (plenty of builds are still not viable).

(I’ve already done a lot of pauses, and I still have no reason to resume the game. A-net staff is sleeping, at least that’s what I feel. Did they even play their own game?)

(edited by Asato.5479)

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Kenadas.9680

Kenadas.9680

Anet is just bad. True story.. i mean they care more about that China-release than about finally fixing this trashmode (PvP or what they call this). Seriously i think over 2 years this is just weak and not enough to motivate players for a longer time.Sure anet could delete this post but this is the truth. I mean there was so many good ideas from the community but anet just ignores them or does it wrong. So pls i dont wanna wait 3 years for the beta to be finished.

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Also the rewards are a laugh compared to PvE. People can be like ’it’s better than nothing’, but I want to be as much rewarded as a PvEr.

this^
although we can now take some pve skins over to pvp that we couldn’t before, we lost our ability to aim for and craft specific armours and weapons and our ability to craft dyes from pvping to get alot of gold.

generally it feels alot less rewarding than before the patch.
people are still enthralled because there is flashy UI and they’re getting buried with reward chests (even if nothing inside those chests is of any value to a pvper)

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

They sacrificed the welfare/feeling of superiority of sPvP players for an increased transient sPvP playerbase.
Because of the non-existent PvP population by default, the large amount of incoming players diluted the present pool and created a large proportion of skewed games.

To a lot of people, winning and feeling that you’re wearing something special could be most of what drives them to play sPvP, day after day, dutifully buying gems and giving you revenue for 2 years.

But maybe they got us. They know that this huge time sink is still our best option. So, if we want to have the things PvEers already have, we have to go out there and do the things we didn’t before… (and seriously, the trait thing and the crafting xp decrease… it’s such a cheap move to make you level and collect for longer).

New game mode, more new maps, better group/guild/queue facilities.
Instead, we have 1 removed map, 1 map not in rotation, 1 map nobody wants, conquest forever, and botched queues.

Despite that, we still love the game. We smile and welcome our cheating partner with open arms and a wide smile.

We’re really, really sick.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Phadde.7362

Wishlist

• New game mode(s)
  • Better rewards
  • Guild/team facilities
Cred to Latinkuro

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

THERE IS NO FUTURE FOR PVP.

It’s really sad that people are still hoping it’ll get better. It won’t happen…

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Phadde.7362

Not with that attitude.

The game is moving forward!
(… just at a very, veeery slow pace.)

Cred to Latinkuro

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Future of Guild Wars 2 Spvp….

Option 1: Recycling Bin

Option 2: Massive farming ground for PvE crafting mats

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Future of Guild Wars 2 Spvp….

Option 1: Recycling Bin

Option 2: Massive farming ground for PvE crafting mats

i came back after a 5 month break to try out the 15th patch but its looking like its back to option 1 if they dont announce something soon

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

All I want is a proper ladder and seasons that don’t last too long…

Oh, and automated tournaments GW1 style

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Baby.8594

Baby.8594

Yeah they really kittened up by bringing all these guys with their legendary weapons in sPvP… They’ve wasted their time to do their weapons because they liked to have them in WvW/PvE (you couldn’t use them in sPvP).
So why should they be privileged over sPvP players? Do players who’ve wasted their time in sPvP have legendary weapons?
Why cannot players who exclusively do sPvP have some exclusive awesome weapon skins in sPvP?

Yes, I feel jealous because I don’t have any chance to get a legendary weapon (or put an exclusive awesome skin here) just by doing sPvP… none
I won’t do 1 or 2 months of full PvE just to get a legendary weapon… I’m so kittening bored in PvE… The only thing that keeps me play this game is : skin, and that forces me to PvE… Why keep playing this game?

There’s still no more game modes, no 2vs2, 3vs3 Arenas. No capture of flag. No really fun stuffs. No real ranking. No challenge. No interesting rewards. No real balances (plenty of builds are still not viable).

(I’ve already done a lot of pauses, and I still have no reason to resume the game. A-net staff is sleeping, at least that’s what I feel. Did they even play their own game?)

i’m pretty sure the r30 light armor skin was pvp only skin lol

and.. you really don’t even have to do pve to get any legendary.. u could just play the tp..

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

i’m pretty sure the r30 light armor skin was pvp only skin lol

and.. you really don’t even have to do pve to get any legendary.. u could just play the tp..

Yeah, let’s play the TP as a PvPer! Since we have amazing amounts of gold, it’s possible!

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

new game modes please. pretty obvious. not like were the first to say.

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

As for rewards. Since it seems A-net is determined to make crafing the be all end all for vertical progression (even if we’re only talking skin progression)

Crafting insignias and inscriptions should be added to the PvP reward table. As well as access to Runes or Sigils, perhaps runes and Sigils should be a reward track end reward.

Also better PvP unique skins. Get us some weapons PvEers can’t get. As for back items? Go big or go home. Sure the fire balth back item was kinda cool… But is nothing compared to the glow of fractals, or spinal blade, or even friggen wings! Even recolours of old skins are pretty good and save on art assets. Red holo wings, green glyphic blades, ect.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

Honestly. Anet realized the messed up with their original PvP community so that’s why they are just focused on bringing new faces into PvP. So a lot of the updates won’t cater to us, at least not for a while. We are better off moving to another game if we are focused on PvP only for the time being. Hate to say it but Anet doesn’t know how to keep the attention of players with their sub par content/design. What is more fustrating, they try to be so different but forget being so different isn’t ideal all the time. They could just look at what other games coming out do well or old games do well with their content. But they insist on secrecy and being so different its the downfall. Sooner or later they will run out of players to draw in to try to keep their pvp/pve scene live. They need a serious overhaul of hardcore content worth doing for PvE/PvP.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

we are now 2 years after release and pvp in this game is still the same – nothing really changed

removed payed tournaments and addet soloQ, skyhammer, spititwatch and pve rewards

but basis is still the same … and i dont believe this ever will change

this guyz need a year to make a new map and cant even bring it in competive play – just add it to custom arena

seriously

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Take.1970

Take.1970

As long as they dont finally add Guild vs Guild or a 5n5 Arena mode compareable to the one in GW1 I really dont see how PvP will have a future in this game. Fact is that most PvP Guilds with ambitions have allrdy quit the game and probably wont come back.

I think the recent changes were smart if ur goal is to get more players who mainly do PvE to play PvP as well. But for players who play PvP since the start basicly nothing has changed. Sure there is a new reward system but the core mechanics are still the same. Same old maps , still no option to ban some maps from ur mappool when searching for games ( so u are forced to play on skyhammer over and over again … ), no PvP mode beside WvW and the Conquest Casual mode we got at release, etc etc. .

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: giovanni.8320

giovanni.8320

Future of pvp? try play 5 melee against 5 mesmer and their 25 copies xD .Seriously this game need sieges for guild vs guild pvp ,at last this is "guild wars " no? ò.ò

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Rank rework just proved that they don’t care about dedicated pvp players, even less bout competitive pvp…they just want more nabs flooding hotjoin for cheap ranks/titles (= achievements) spending gems and beta testing stuff for incoming chinese players, ranks are a joke 5 months for max pvp rank…hello? guild wars? really? 5 months while it took like 5 years for max ha rank in gw1? titles are a joke too since they got dumbed down along with ranks, tournament rewards? A pile of pve crap noone cares about (Except for pve heroes ofc) Ladder rewards? Absolutely NOTHING…there’s no point on tryhard for being top something while you get exactly same stuff of ppl @ 90%, pretty much everyone is just pugging in tpvp since there’s no point on giving kittens to ladder anyway. Esports? Yeah more views for chinese crap games than this…(Not really surprised bout this…see previous points)

should i continue?

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

Future of PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

There is no real future (as esports)

Its a tag on minigame for a thempark MMO. Anet just wants you to believe that one day in the not so near future they will do something to make pvp big and popular.

If they wanted to make a serious effort they would use resources to make something happen. They would hire real pvp devs that have a background in development of competetive games. They would spend money on research and make development an ongoing process. This hasnt been the case so far and there is nothing that tells us that they will change.

(edited by Locuz.2651)