Hugh Norfolk - Look Into My Eyes

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

You are now very sleepy. Very sleepy.

You are now asleep.

Now listen to me as I speak the following words in the voice of Morgan Freeman:

You will no longer main a Warrior. In fact, you will delete your warrior on the live servers now.
You will main a Mesmer.
You will suffer as a Mesmer does.
Mesmers need some fixes before this patch goes live.

Now, repeat these words above.

Very good.

Now count back from 10 slowly. When you awake, you will feel refreshed and full of purpose.
10..9..8..7…

in PvP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

6, 5…

Hugh, you will wake up as a ranger instead

4, 3, 2, 1, 0.

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

I wonder how many folks where thinking the same thing , when Hugh said he’s main was a warrior en then talked about shaving.
Look at grouch , he mains engy , and thats how you shave ….

All in favor of banning warrior from Hugh’s character list ?

+1

(edited by Void.4239)

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

6, 5…

Hugh, you will wake up as a ranger instead

4, 3, 2, 1, 0.

Mesmer casts MesmerizeSuccess!

Buttercup the Ranger casts Tame DeveloperFizzled!

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I just found it amusing that he didn’t know the warrior skills (arching arrow on bow which he uses on his hambow -.-, and impale) as well as Grouch. Haha I don’t play my warrior as often anymore, and I could have told you the answers to both of those questions.

Hambow skill right there…. #buttonmash

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

Hugh, you are getting very sleepy again. Very sleepy.

You are now asleep.
Your keyboard is in front of you.
You are going to make the following changes to Mesmers:

Phantasmal Disenchanter: Increase HP. Reduce cast time to 0.75 seconds
Phantasmal Defender: Reduce cast time to 0.75 seconds
Arcane Thievery: Remove wonky Line of Sight / Cone-angle restriction. Reduce to 30 second cooldown.

Move Traits Around:

Domination:

Dazzling: Move from Master Minor trait to Adept Minor Trait.
Empowered Illusions: Move from Adept Major to Master Minor Trait.
Illusion of Vulnerability: Move from Adept Minor to Adept Master. Increase to 8 stacks of Vulnerability

Dueling:

Blurred Inscriptions: Increase distortion from 1 second to 1.5 seconds. If you can, make it also give all your illusions Distortion as well. That would be great for PVP,WvW, PVE and help to confuse opponents.

Inspiration:
Move Vengeful Images from Adept Minor to Adept Major trait. Increase Phantasm retaliation to 15 seconds
Move Vigorous Revelation From Adept Major to Adept Minor trait. Reduce vigor generated to 4 per Illusion shattered.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

I have awoken from a short sleep a bit groggy and Confused.

For some reason I wish to play Mesmer even more than before. . . My head was bleeding (possibly I was knocked out) Luckily the blood didn’t reach the text on my shirt “Berserker stance” it seemed to be immune. After wobbling around a bit I was able to keep myself from being knocked down due to my balanced stance. I feel like my dream was causing me a great deal of damage, but T. Bear taught me how to endure pain. I realized that this was all from the some clever Mesmer(possibly Fay my arch nemesis) trying to control my thoughts which caused me to go into a rampage. I was consoled quickly by the champion genius which calmed my mind and body like a healing surge. The genius whispered to me one thing and one thing only that I will take to my grave. . . . HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM/BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!

The time is coming that my bow and hammer will crush many a foe, but who knows maybe I will dust off my Mace/Sword and Long Bow. Only time will tell. :P

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

When you passed out, your face hit the keyboard. While you slept your warrior won 5 consecutive tPvP tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

When you passed out, your face hit the keyboard. While you slept your warrior won 5 consecutive tPvP tournaments.

This made me laugh!
But then I realized how sad it is and begun to cry.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This would be funny if it wasn’t true…

in PvP

Posted by: Chanra.3561

Chanra.3561

Once upon a time there was a godly warrior (Me) who thought his Hambow skills
were the greatest anybody had ever seen! He was invinsible, unkillable by one….It took three!
This warrior was traited into adrenal healing and kept his adreniline full at all times, he had a mighty clerics amulet and a signet that made him unbeatable.
The warrior healed himself for upwards of 800hp/second and had 8K of healing in his toolbelt to help him, may his HP ever drop.
His hard hitting condition/base damage circles made it impossible for players to get near enough to hit him and if they did he would hammah stun them and then knock them away. TROLOLOLOLOL
Never did the mighty warrior have to heal himself, if his health went too low he would just become invulnerable to damage and gain a mighty 5K of health over a six second period and surely his shouts were ready to blow again! So the full health warrior raged on.

Mr.hambow hot bored of his warrior and made a guardian…only then did he realize he was a horrible player.

Now in all honesty I think warrior healing is way out of line, and way overpowered. The signet itself I can understand and they can keep that, what I’m worried about more is the “adrenal healing” trait that they so cherish which gains up
to 360 hp/second depending on their adrenaline level at the time. Most warriors will sit at full adrenaline for the duration
of the fight just to gain the 405 (signet) + 360 as a constant passive. This makes it extremely hard for one player alone to deal with and it seems impossible to kill a warrior with just one player. Some players can but it seems to me like this class was intended for the players that had no skill or imagination.

I would really like to see this trait either moved to as non used trait line or HALVED in ptencey as it just kills pvp. I know there are many players out there that feel the exact same way as me. Why not fix the poor little rangers out there that are useless inside of pvp and WvW because of their poor base damage and kittenty pet AI. Or the mesmers that can’t get any damage out of their build without being as easy to break as a toothpick with a sledgehammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I have awoken from a short sleep a bit groggy and Confused.

For some reason I wish to play Mesmer even more than before. . . My head was bleeding (possibly I was knocked out) Luckily the blood didn’t reach the text on my shirt “Berserker stance” it seemed to be immune. After wobbling around a bit I was able to keep myself from being knocked down due to my balanced stance. I feel like my dream was causing me a great deal of damage, but T. Bear taught me how to endure pain. I realized that this was all from the some clever Mesmer(possibly Fay my arch nemesis) trying to control my thoughts which caused me to go into a rampage. I was consoled quickly by the champion genius which calmed my mind and body like a healing surge. The genius whispered to me one thing and one thing only that I will take to my grave. . . . HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM/BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!

The time is coming that my bow and hammer will crush many a foe, but who knows maybe I will dust off my Mace/Sword and Long Bow. Only time will tell. :P

ROFL

Could “GW2; a text based adventure” be the next SAB?

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

LOL Hugh. That was a good laugh. Good one

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I realized that this was all from the some clever Mesmer(possibly Fay my arch nemesis) trying to control my thoughts which caused me to go into a rampage.

You could always join my side It has cookies, shiny unicorns, pink butterflies, kittens and evil things! You know you want to!

Attachments:

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

May I suggest this build if you’re looking to pick up Mace.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Only 5 wins? He got dc’t after the fifth win?

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Once upon a time there was a godly warrior (Me) who thought his Hambow skills
were the greatest anybody had ever seen! He was invinsible, unkillable by one….It took three!
This warrior was traited into adrenal healing and kept his adreniline full at all times, he had a mighty clerics amulet and a signet that made him unbeatable.
The warrior healed himself for upwards of 800hp/second and had 8K of healing in his toolbelt to help him, may his HP ever drop.
His hard hitting condition/base damage circles made it impossible for players to get near enough to hit him and if they did he would hammah stun them and then knock them away. TROLOLOLOLOL
Never did the mighty warrior have to heal himself, if his health went too low he would just become invulnerable to damage and gain a mighty 5K of health over a six second period and surely his shouts were ready to blow again! So the full health warrior raged on.

Mr.hambow hot bored of his warrior and made a guardian…only then did he realize he was a horrible player.

Now in all honesty I think warrior healing is way out of line, and way overpowered. The signet itself I can understand and they can keep that, what I’m worried about more is the “adrenal healing” trait that they so cherish which gains up
to 360 hp/second depending on their adrenaline level at the time. Most warriors will sit at full adrenaline for the duration
of the fight just to gain the 405 (signet) + 360 as a constant passive. This makes it extremely hard for one player alone to deal with and it seems impossible to kill a warrior with just one player. Some players can but it seems to me like this class was intended for the players that had no skill or imagination.

I would really like to see this trait either moved to as non used trait line or HALVED in ptencey as it just kills pvp. I know there are many players out there that feel the exact same way as me. Why not fix the poor little rangers out there that are useless inside of pvp and WvW because of their poor base damage and kittenty pet AI. Or the mesmers that can’t get any damage out of their build without being as easy to break as a toothpick with a sledgehammer.

Start realizing that adren needs to be filled,if you make sure he doesnt hit you…Wich any range class or condi spammer or evade spammer….( ZzzZzz ) is able to do.Then his adren wont gain,also..adren is being used for F1 skills and it is a condi cleanser.Adren health has 3 uses,so keeping it for hp regen only means he has to waste 2 other ways of using his adren…Also torment,bleeds,poison, bye bye hp regen ! it really isnt that hard to figure out you know…like most necros figure out how to deal with berserk aswell..Also whats the point in trying to make yourself feel good by downtalking about the players that roll a warrior,no skill,unimaginative, ? Dont be kitten because you get killed by a warrior,think hes OP but its actually your own lack of skill that couldn’t deal with him.And wait,did you just seriously say mesmers that cant get any dmg out of their build……. ?

in PvP

Posted by: Erebos.6741

Erebos.6741

Down-state aims to counterbalance my mistakes; punishing those that outplayed me,
and snares my capability, in fairness of vantage…

Discuss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvP-Down-state-Evaluation/first

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Only 5 wins? He got dc’t after the fifth win?

Maybe he face rolled unto alt + F4?

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

hahaha nice one hugh forever hambow!

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

ah the pvp designer plays hambow, finally i understand now how the build has gone practically unchanged for SIX MONTHS despite the thousands of threads written against it,
i was beginning to think it was just sheer neglect, nice to find out it is just intended bias…

i’d love to join in making jokes if i could find something funny about the dire state of pvp balance and the sheer amount of time it has been this way.

i see nothing funny about every single match having atleast 3 of these mindless drones.
but i’m glad to see the devs find it amusing.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ah the pvp designer plays hambow, finally i understand now how the build has gone practically unchanged for SIX MONTHS despite the thousands of threads written against it,
i was beginning to think it was just sheer neglect, nice to find out it is just intended bias…

i’d love to join in making jokes if i could find something funny about the dire state of pvp balance and the sheer amount of time it has been this way.

i see nothing funny about every single match having atleast 3 of these mindless drones.
but i’m glad to see the devs find it amusing.

PvP designer is not equal to balance team

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

I’ve thought about this a bit. I can only conclude the developers really don’t care about PVP balance.

They just want PVP to be the same as PVE – simple and easy.

Warriors and thieves constitute the vast majority of played professions. So they just make those 2 professions the best.

If you play something else, you’re just fodder to make the other players feel better about themselves.

That’s the only logical conclusion to draw.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

You are now very sleepy. Very sleepy.

You are now asleep.

You will no longer main a Warrior. In fact, you will delete your warrior on the live servers now.
You will main a Mesmer.
You will suffer as a Mesmer does.
Mesmers need some fixes before this patch goes live.

Now, repeat these words above.

Very good.

Now count back from 10 slowly. When you awake, you will feel refreshed and full of purpose.
10..9..8..7…

The force is weak with this one.