I am New to PvP, NEED HELP

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

I have a level 80 mage, and a level 80 beast master ranger. I have played GW2 for a few months now, and I LOVE the game.. with the new PvP rewards, I have begun solo quing but my team is always losing…. I play my mage with phantasms and PU, and I win all my fights but my team still loses… What can I do to make my team win more. I think my record is like 6-51, I just dont know what to do. I am willing to change build or class if that helps!!! Please help me out so my team can start winning!!!

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/New-to-PvP-Start-here

Also keep an eye out for Dante’s meta build list on reddit. I think they’re working on updating it after last week’s patch.

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

It’s probably the whole lot of new people to PvP that’s diluting the experience.

You gain points by capping and defending points. Certain maps have other mechanics to increase score gain via buffs you have to activate, certain NPCs to kill, an orb you have to carry to a point etc.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in PvP

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

remember it’s not just about winning 1v1s you have to out rotate the other team to make them out numbered to win team fights

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

I have a level 80 mage, and a level 80 beast master ranger. I have played GW2 for a few months now, and I LOVE the game.. with the new PvP rewards, I have begun solo quing but my team is always losing…. I play my mage with phantasms and PU, and I win all my fights but my team still loses… What can I do to make my team win more. I think my record is like 6-51, I just dont know what to do. I am willing to change build or class if that helps!!! Please help me out so my team can start winning!!!

you mean u play mesmer ?

i can tell you one thing … ofc u dont die but being pu wont help your team anything same with shadow art thief though

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

6-51 ouch well… if you are winning your fights and have that bad of a record, that means you are just fighting and not playing the conquest game mode. Kills only make up a small portion of the score. You need to hold points, defend points, cap points, as well as work the map mechanic. As a PU mesmer the only fights you want to be in are team fights, example your ally is 1v1 an enemy, and you get there and make it 2v1 so your ally wins the point.

PU mesmer can’t cap a point for kitten so you are a team fighter and you can help with things like stillness, tranquility, stopping enemy orb, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

Yep, I have the same answer as everyone else on this thread, friend. Build your build around capping points, defending points and movement.. The game isn’t as simple as ‘kill your enemies, don’t die’, you need points, and you get the most points by having capture points.

Mesmer is a great bunker, in my honest opinion, so try out one of those builds.

Good luck!

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

You’ve played a few months, have two characters level 80, and you don’t know you’re playing mesmer yet? and yeah PU is terrible in team fights.