I just caused a 4 vs. 5

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah I admit it and I feel kind of bad about it.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5.

I believe this was the first time I did it on purpose however.

But there’s just no way I was going to endure another game on Skyhammer, this god awful abomination of a PvP map.

I can’t say for sure but I may end up doing this on a regular basis.

There’s just no way this map even belongs in a competitive PvP game. It’s not allowed in Team tournaments but we have to put up with it in SoloQ, why? Why for all things holy?

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Valheru Baal.9456

Valheru Baal.9456

Yep, this map is for noobs who like to cover their inability to play the game. They use map specific builds (mostly engineers camping cannon) to exploit the lack of stability on other classes to knock/fear them of the edge or root them on the glass and break it under them.

I play a necro so I can stack up some nice duration of fear but I usually choose not to do so. Exception are the players who only camp cannon. This map should be taken out from SoloQ tournaments. This map only attracts noobs and rank/glory exploiters. I would rather pvp in water than this map……….

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

I agree, this map should be removed from solo tourny, the map is so bad that even a total m0ron can kill a very skilled player by just knocking them incidentally off the edge, this map should be only in hot join, why is this map in solo competitive play is beyond my understanding.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

So basically, rather than do your best and help your team, you condemned several other players to having to deal with a difficult map and being shorthanded on top of it.

More than a little selfish. And will have no impact on Arenanet removing the map or not.

The dev team needs to put in HEAVY penalties for match quitters and AFKers.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

So basically, rather than do your best and help your team, you condemned several other players to having to deal with a difficult map and being shorthanded on top of it.

More than a little selfish. And will have no impact on Arenanet removing the map or not.

And then made a post sarcastically apologizing for it while patting himself on the back for it… yea these players man.. report him for Fixing games on purpose, don’t wanna play skyhammer the super casual map? Why do you continue to que the super casual soloque?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

Yeah, gotta agree a little. You just did the same thing you have probably always hated to have done to you. The only difference between you and the people who did it previously is you came to the forums to tell people. The post doesn’t justify it in any way.

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

How can you say you feel kind of bad about it and than say “I can’t say for sure but I may end up doing this on a regular basis” in the same post. Regardless of your personal opinion of the map you let 4 people down on purpose because you don’t like seeing SH in soloQ. I can’t stand the map either but I also can’t stand being a jerk and ruining the match for four other dudes. This thread does nothing to push the issue of SH and instead displays that there needs to be a heavy penalty for people like you.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

condemned several other players to having to deal with a difficult map

It is quite the opposite, it is an easy map. Way too easy to exploit, avoid good fights and destroy whats left of the balance in this game.

The OP only shows that players who would not normally turn their back on their teammates start leaving their game because how not fun this map is. I am 100% sure the OP played through plenty of other matches with horrible teammates and did not leave them. You play this game to have fun. And if you can not get it due to a badly designed map, should they force you play through the game when you already know the outcome? Since there is no /resign command implemented in this game you are left with no other option but AFK or leave.

Personally I have never left a single tournament game before because no matter what happens I always fight till the end, but I do not expect others to follow my example and have a bad experience. It is easy to say to the OP not to join SoloQ. But who will you fight against in the future if you turn away the minority of players playing SPvP?

This is something Anet should look into and fix ASAP. You should not have a map where certain classes/builds enjoy a tremendous advantage due to it’s design. And they should not force a team to play a game they wish not to do. In a long term they have to implenet something like /resign, my idea would be that your team can only /resign if the difference between the teams is greater than 200 or your team scored at least 100 points. Something along this line could work I think.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

+1, i dont play skyhammer euther if i feel like it

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

how do you leave a game? ): i need to start leaving skyhammer games

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

>Look at me, I’m so dumb I can’t take stability and stay as far as I can from breakable platforms! I’ll just selfishly leave games so Anet probably listens to my whining! Such a great plan for such a cool guy as I am!
Can’t say if fat or just very stupid.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

do i have to be either fat or stupid? people can’t be both?

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

the sad part is there are some high level/rated players that do this - I can think of one in particular that I've personally witnessed pull this kind of crap on multiple occassions but I'm not going to call him out on the forums... the fact is that the world is full of inconsiderate people that don't care about their impact on others and just do what they feel like. I agree that Anet should prioritize doing something about this becuase their current debuff doesn't appear to be working that well...

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

It is quite the opposite, it is an easy map. Way too easy to exploit, avoid good fights and destroy whats left of the balance in this game.

But that doesn’t matter. Yes, a lot of people dislike Skyhammer. That’s not an excuse to mess up the game for a bunch of other people.

The OP only shows that players who would not normally turn their back on their teammates start leaving their game because how not fun this map is.

No, the OP shows that there are a lot of selfish people in the world who only care about what they want and what’s good for them, not others and how they impact them.

Personally I have never left a single tournament game before because no matter what happens I always fight till the end, but I do not expect others to follow my example and have a bad experience.

But that’s all anyone can ask of anyone, to make an effort. Not hang your teammates out to dry and then make matters worse by bragging about it on the forums.

It is easy to say to the OP not to join SoloQ. But who will you fight against in the future if you turn away the minority of players playing SPvP?

Honestly, this again simply isn’t relevant. I’d rather play Skyhammer properly and lose 500-0 by being blown off the edge 100 times, than either win or lose 500-0 because it was a 4v5.

There is no excuse for the OP’s behavior. Period.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

>Look at me, I’m so dumb I can’t take stability and stay as far as I can from breakable platforms! I’ll just selfishly leave games so Anet probably listens to my whining! Such a great plan for such a cool guy as I am!

Multiple classes have limited availability to get stability such as necro, thief, mesmer certain ranger builds. I think everybody tries to stay away from platforms as much as they can, but to be honest I have never seen anyone die to platforms because they were just standing on it.

It is always the same scenario, they pull, push, knocback, fear you on spot and the break it under you. This is the easiest to carry out at skyhammer, since the arena up there is really, really small and there is almost no safe spot up there. Bunker Engi is the perfect fit for it since it has access to multiple stability, block, invulnerability and knockback/pushes.

Your comment shows ignorance, lack of game knowledge and manners. Your comment is not constructive and your insults are at the level of a 14 year old boy (fat, dumb lol).

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Like everyone else has said that is a way to ruin the game for everyone else. Hot join is a different story as you can see the map before you join and if you leave you are likely to he replaced if it isn’t already unbalanced teams as it is but doing that in solo q is unacceptable. I’m sure you’re one to complain about 4v5s and afk’s and then do it yourself. I really hope that Anet fixes this issue soon with penalties so that people like you earn your place in the PvP community.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Yeah, not a classy thing to do. You’re not punishing anet, you’re punishing fellow players.

Keep in mind also, there’s lots of players that actually like skyhammer. I’ve seen polls here that have actually shown them in the majority.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

But that doesn’t matter. Yes, a lot of people dislike Skyhammer. That’s not an excuse to mess up the game for a bunch of other people.

Yes, it seems it matters. It is not my personal opinion and nor yours as well. It is an observation. When I see the Skyhammer loading map I already know I am up for a bad round even if I win or not. 4v5 cant make it worse for me (this is my personal opinion).

No, the OP shows that there are a lot of selfish people in the world who only care about what they want and what’s good for them, not others and how they impact them.

I don’t see why it could not show both what I said and this. They are not exactly opposite.

But that’s all anyone can ask of anyone, to make an effort. Not hang your teammates out to dry and then make matters worse by bragging about it on the forums.

“I believe this was the first time I did it on purpose however.

But there’s just no way I was going to endure another game on Skyhammer, this god awful abomination of a PvP map."

I think we have a different understanding about bragging. I would like to highlight “first time” and “endure”. Both key words to understand the situation.

It is easy to say to the OP not to join SoloQ. But who will you fight against in the future if you turn away the minority of players playing SPvP?

Honestly, this again simply isn’t relevant. I’d rather play Skyhammer properly and lose 500-0 by being blown off the edge 100 times, than either win or lose 500-0 because it was a 4v5.

How can you say turning away palyers from SPvP is irrelevant? It might be due to the matchmaking and that I am a bit higher ranked in SoloQ, but when I play tourney I play with/against the same people every time. This shows how unpopular SPvP is. More people could give more challange, more space to grow, more fun.

I understand that you really dislike leaving and to be honest so do I, but on this map I can not blame it on the players only. I just can’t.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

Keep in mind also, there’s lots of players that actually like skyhammer. I’ve seen polls here that have actually shown them in the majority.

I am 100% sure there are players who like this map but many? I know lots of players who play tournament SPvP and none of them likes it. There were lots of players who liked Skyhammer in the past in hotjoin, but it was for a whole other reason. They could farm glory/rank on this map. No sanctions were given out to this day as far as I know.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

How can you say turning away palyers from SPvP is irrelevant?

Because the game is better off without players who selfishly screw up the game for 9 others because they’re too childish to find ways to deal with a particular map. They are not only a negative influence, they encourage other players to quit PvP.

I like Skyhammer, though I agree that it should use some adjusting. There are other maps I don’t like — should I screw up those games and then whine about the maps on the forums?

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I had 4 matches on this map the other day. Why? Do you hate us Arenanet? I actually know of a few people who DON’T SOLO QUEUE at all because of Skyhammer, and I can get testimonials if it comes to that. Get rid of this map, or fix it.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

I am top 25 europe solo q with more than 1.500 games and I love this map.

The map is ORIGINAL.
The map requires EXPERIENCE & SKILL.
The map enriches conquest mode diversity build & FUN. BIG FUN.

For me everyone who cries at this map is just a BIG SCRUB without any skill, experience, or competitive aim // RESILIENCE to win a game.

Deal with it.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Yeah, not a classy thing to do. You’re not punishing anet, you’re punishing fellow players.

The polls conducted on the spvp forum showed a vast majority of players hated the map and want it removed from solo queue.

Here is one, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Poll-Should-Skyhammer-be-Removed/first there was another more recently as well.

I have never, in any game, quit a spvp type competitive match, except for skyhammer.

People don’t quit the map to “punish” anet, they just can’t stand it. I just close down the game and go do something else if this pops in solo queue.

Its also a huge disincentive for me, and as you can see from the polls, the overwhelming majority of players, to even play soloqueue. Like the OP, I assume most players really do not want to quit a game so what happens is you just end up playing less and less.

This topic has come up repeatedly, it doesn’t go away. The bottom line is that is bad for the game to have lolhammer in soloqueue, and players don’t understand why after months of feedback, polls, and repeated threads like this one it is still in the rotation.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Kids!!!!! Grow up & play skyhammer!!!!

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

The map is ORIGINAL.

For me everyone who cries at this map is just a BIG SCRUB without any skill, experience, or competitive aim // RESILIENCE to win a game.

Deal with it.

Agreed. I have over 2500 SoloQ games and I love this map. I don’t always play something built for Skyhammer and I still enjoy it. Why? I don’t get pulled off every second because I actually position myself well.

LEARN TO POSITION YOURSELF

Skyhammer <3

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Agreed. I have over 2500 SoloQ games and I love this map. I don’t always play something built for Skyhammer and I still enjoy it. Why? I don’t get pulled off every second because I actually position myself well.

LEARN TO POSITION YOURSELF

Skyhammer <3

Ah yes that condescending argument. Most people know the cheese builds to take into skyhammer, (and I use them) and how to position. I get no satisfaction out of knocking people into holes for instant wins. Its just cheese and unbalanced, that’s why people can’t stand it.

You are barking up the wrong tree if you think most people hate the map because they get pulled off every second.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

Skyhammer has to go…anet knows we don’t like it. They should remove it from solo queue, then make changes to both it and raid on the capricorn, and then put both back in rotation after talking to the community about it. For capricorn, the ruins underwater point should be moved on to the ship.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

Dude i dont need to play push knockback in skyhammer to win.

I can roll with my spirit ranger and win all my duels all the game while i dodge all the pushes.

Seriously, I wish I could be wrong.
But it is a big Learn To Play issue.
With time players will learn and stop crying.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

The map is ORIGINAL.

Deal with it.

It means you are part of the 20% of ppl that loves this map. Sorry to say that but your position on the ladder does not change the fact that majority of the players hate it and leave SPvP or even worse the game because of it.

You say ppl who do not like this map are Scrubs without any skill, or experience? I do not like this map and I am constantly moving between the range of rank 200-300. I have friends playing tpvp range of rank 50-100 that do not like this map, so are they inexperienced noobs as well?

Every single time I get this map (player ranks range 40-60) somebody rolls to bunker engineer and goes to Sky hammer to camp it.

What is the most frequently used class you see up there with your rank? Don’t you think classes that have more stability/block/invul/push/pull/knockback enjoy a certain advantage? You can position yourself well with those charcters as well, but it is much easier to to knock ppl off edges with those classes. As I have said before I ve killed many campers there by chainfearing them off the edge, but it does not make it fun for me <- you should think about this a bit.

(edited by Valheru Baal.9456)

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

Kids!!!!! Grow up & play skyhammer!!!!

You can not force players to do something they do not like. With your mentality you can quickly get into top3 since there will be noone left to go up against you.

(edited by Valheru Baal.9456)

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

I get no satisfaction out of knocking people into holes for instant wins. Its just cheese and unbalanced, that’s why people can’t stand it.

You are barking up the wrong tree if you think most people hate the map because they get pulled off every second.

100% this!!!!!

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

You can not force players to do something they do not like. With your mentality you can quickly get into top3 since there will be noone left to go up against you.

You can penalize players who deliberately screw up matches because they’re too childish to handle a map.

It’s in the rotation. Try to get that changed if you want, or don’t play solo queue. Those are the reasonable options.

Sabotaging matches and then using weak justifications about polls — is not.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

You can penalize players who deliberately screw up matches because they’re too childish to handle a map.

It’s in the rotation. Try to get that changed if you want, or don’t play solo queue. Those are the reasonable options.

Sabotaging matches and then using weak justifications about polls — is not.

“To reduce the frequency of players leaving tournament matches, the maximum amount of dishonor has been reduced to 3.”

They are penalizing players for leaving games. Leaving games (making their team play 4v5) till they hit this limit is also part of the game just like this awful map. When I join solo q, I am aware I might have to play on this map also that I might have to play 4v5 (happens much more frequently on this map). You have to accept this, just like I have to accept to play on this “no skill” map until they change things.

You could make the rules even more strict but it will not solve the problem. Ppl getting dishonorable=not playing soloq, having a map in the rotation that ppl loath, but do not wanna srcew with outher players=not playing soloq. If this is a goal you want to achieve go on, but I will not support this idea. I want players to play this game and not turn away. There already was a huge drop in numbers regarding Spvp. The new updates made ppl care about it again and it would be nice to keep the player base of SPvP high for once.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

1. Attacking his physical features when you don’t even know what he looks like is not only stupid, but disgusting.
  2. Not every class has access to stability, please point out what I’m supposed to do on a Thief, for example?
thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

I prefer rdps, so I demand maps where people stand on their own little platforms and shoot each other. No-one should be able to melee dps me or I will QQ and ragequit. No-one should be able to use stealth, because I can’t see them so that’s not fair. No AI/minions either, and no builds that can outheal my dps.

Different classes have different strengths and weaknesses. Some classes have good CC, some have stability, some have stealth, and some have none of the above but instead have more power/conditions/support. Similarly, different PvP maps will suit different classes and playstyles. Skyhammer suits crowd control builds, so play CC or position yourself better.

Play the game that’s in front of you, not the one in your head.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

I honestly prefer SkyHammer over Spirit Watch. I have more fun playing Sky Hammer, avoiding and creating the knock offs, than I do playing against a team on Spirit Watch that owns the orb run.

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I prefer rdps, so I demand maps where people stand on their own little platforms and shoot each other. No-one should be able to melee dps me or I will QQ and ragequit. No-one should be able to use stealth, because I can’t see them so that’s not fair. No AI/minions either, and no builds that can outheal my dps.

Different classes have different strengths and weaknesses. Some classes have good CC, some have stability, some have stealth, and some have none of the above but instead have more power/conditions/support. Similarly, different PvP maps will suit different classes and playstyles. Skyhammer suits crowd control builds, so play CC or position yourself better.

I can partially agree there, but you haven’t seen Skyhammer frustration until you see an Engineer who builds and slots skill specifically for it. Also, break the glass and pull cheese gets old fast.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

My first soloQ since the reset was on skyhammer and it was a 4v5. I never thought a video game company’s pride would sacrifice it’s game.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

I can partially agree there, but you haven’t seen Skyhammer frustration until you see an Engineer who builds and slots skill specifically for it. Also, break the glass and pull cheese gets old fast.

Sure, it’s a cheap move. Being a huge Huttball fan (best pvp map ever), I guess I’m used to being instagibbed by CC like that. It’s not like there’s no counterplay, or only certain classes have access to CC.

It is what it is. Unless a balance issue inherently advantages one team over another (like an asymmetric map), I don’t have a problem with it.

As someone who mains ele, I could complain that everything is OP, but instead I just rolled something viable.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Simple solution: Don’t que in SoloQ.
Better solution: Join the bright side and stop pvping altogether.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Multiple classes have limited availability to get stability such as necro, thief, mesmer certain ranger builds.

And surprisingly those classes can kill enemies easily with fear\push\pull

It is always the same scenario, they pull, push, knocback, fear you on spot and the break it under you. This is the easiest to carry out at skyhammer, since the arena up there is really, really small and there is almost no safe spot up there. Bunker Engi is the perfect fit for it since it has access to multiple stability, block, invulnerability and knockback/pushes.

>Engi
>Multiple stability
Lold as kitten.
Anyways, you can’t be killed by pushing if you stay away from platforms. The only dangerous things are magnet and scorpion wire. They are evaded easily even if the enemy uses invisibility.

1. Not every class has access to stability, please point out what I’m supposed to do on a Thief, for example?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/c/c8/Scorpion_Wire.png

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

>Engi
>Multiple stability
Lold as kitten.

I did not say engi has multiple stability, I wrote engi has multiple stability, block, invulnerability and knockback/pushes. Also I should have added root. Why did you pick a small part out of my sentence? Are you preparing to be a journalist?

Anyways, you can’t be killed by pushing if you stay away from platforms. The only dangerous things are magnet and scorpion wire. They are evaded easily even if the enemy uses invisibility.

First of all sooner or later you run out of dodge. And since you can dodge less than they can use their cc on you, you can only prolong the fight but not win it. Also net turret+every other root is way too effective up there since it is a really small arena.

At Skyhammer not only platforms kill you, but pushing/knocking/fearing off the edge as well, this is the easiest to pull off in the control room. Also thief stealth+scoprion wire is easily counterend by just waiting it out. Leave the room and go back in when he is out of his stealth. <- not a solution for engineers

1. Not every class has access to stability, please point out what I’m supposed to do on a Thief, for example?

As I have said before if I see a thief going into stealth up there I just leave and go back in a few seconds later. (easily countered)

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Valheru Baal.9456

Different maps may suit different classes/playstyles, but there is no other map where you can instakill someone with 1 skill. <- No wonder ppl exploited this faulty design.

This map should rather be a part of a holiday pvp arena or a LS activity where ppl run around knocking off each other, but I would remove cap points and add 100 more platforms and gaps. <- this is just goofing around and not actual pvp

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I like the sky hammer map, I like the enemy camping it too with 2-3 people, means my team owns all the cap points and easy win.

As for the cliffs and holes everywhere, I like that too, just sucks sometimes when there is a longbow ranger sitting in the corner of your home cap point waiting to knock bock shot you when you come around the corner :/

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

As a warrior, playing in Skyhammer means I have to go hammer.

And even if it works, it’s just the dullest gameplay ever. Smash that big thing on narrow points. I could gouge my eyes out and still hold a point.

This while one of the msot interesting weapons for the class (GS) is, worse than useless, dangerous, for you might fall if you overshoot whirlwind.

So yeah, Skyhammer turns GW2 into a “crap AoEs on the ground and the hell with ya” gameplay.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

redslion.9675

The map is ORIGINAL.

Deal with it.

The best war setup for this map is hammer longbow. Pop your stances, drop your AoE and go to town. Where da skillz at?

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

skyhammer takes huge skills. it’s the best map where you can win 4v5 with proper strategy and excellent positioning.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

redslion.9675

skyhammer takes huge skills. it’s the best map where you can win 4v5 with proper strategy and excellent positioning.

That might also be because the enemy team just can’t stand the map, though.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

Let those who want to leave skyhammer leave then when they can’t play due to too much dishonor we don’t have to deal with them anymore. Part of Pvp is adjusting to what comes in the match. You have time to switch builds if that’s what you want to do.

I just caused a 4 vs. 5

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Simple solution: Don’t que in SoloQ.
Better solution: Join the bright side and stop pvping altogether.

For all the frustration it causes I do actually like playing SoloQ.

It’s just Skyhammer, this cancer, this abomination of a map that is unbearable to me.

I cannot stand it. I cannot stand how my Shadowsteps stop working because the ground is suddenly gone. I hate how my dodges and even my heals will get me killed.

And worst of all I hate this undodgeable joke of the Skyhammer itself. It just makes stunning and CC even more powerful and the failed shadowsteps even worse.

This map is the pinnacle of ANets incompetence thus far in sPvP.

Btw. I just quit another Skyhammer game, thus causing another 4 vs. 5.

Let me opt out of this map or I will continue to do so.