in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

• 5% chance on fire nova when hit
  • 3 second of burning on nearby foes on heal
  • group swiftness on heal
  • +5% damage when you have might
  • when you use a heal, you and your allies gain 5 second of regeration
  • when you use your elite skill, you lose all conditions and gain all buffs for 5 seconds

The above is a sampling of the 6th rune bonus from runesets. Lyssa is listed last.

Is this really balanced? I see a lot of players running with it, and when they pop that elite, Lyssa acts like a mini-version of Endure Pain + Berserker Stance.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Hint: It’s not. If lyssa didn’t give stability, I wouldn’t be so frustrated with it, but its pretty clear its way over the top versus other runes. Specifically when coupled with cooldowns that are like 45-48 seconds, its insane. But such as life I’ve learned to deal with it. :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

It’s not a problem with Lyssa, it’a a problem with other runes being so underpowered and meaningless.

Signed, level 1 alt

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

They probably think it is as balance as the game is, just like they THINK their changes to the elementalist increase build diversity.

with that out of the way, they “want” to redo sigils and stuff.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Whenever I see a thief/warrior pop lyssa I go mistform instantly lol

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

I think it’s OP because it greatly favors classes that can use an elite skill more often than others and in some cases it enhances particular skills (mass invisibility + lyssa in mind) way too much.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Hint: It’s not. If lyssa didn’t give stability, I wouldn’t be so frustrated with it, but its pretty clear its way over the top versus other runes. Specifically when coupled with cooldowns that are like 45-48 seconds, its insane. But such as life I’ve learned to deal with it. :P

This.

Give lyssa a CD of 90-120s and you probably gonna see it being used a little less often.
But I also dont think Elites are balanced, especially the fact that some classes are able to alter their elites via traits (on top: thief), while others are not.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Dardevilmon.6702

Dardevilmon.6702

Giviving it internal cd of 90s makes it perfectly good and not to op IMO

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Yeah, condinuking shouldn’t have any counter. /sarcasm

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

yeah, stunning someone with basi venom shouldn’t have any counter. /sarcasm

Symbolic

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

It’s not a problem with Lyssa, it’a a problem with other runes being so underpowered and meaningless.

Just to be clear, you are saying that Lyssa is balanced, but the other 51 rune sets are underpowered.

oooookk….

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Of course it’s not… There is a reason almost everyone runs Lyssa.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Change it to: when you use your elite skill, you lose all conditions

(you dont get any boon)

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Obviously op, but the very competent anet devs don’t give a kitten unless we flood the forums to change it.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

A rune set should never be a replacement for a counter-build. If you’re saying that Lyssa allows you to run a build that is oblivious to condition professions because it acts as a condition counter, then it definitely is overpowered.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

A rune set should never be a replacement for a counter-build. If you’re saying that Lyssa allows you to run a build that is oblivious to condition professions because it acts as a condition counter, then it definitely is overpowered.

+1 for logic.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

• 5% chance on fire nova when hit
  • 3 second of burning on nearby foes on heal
  • group swiftness on heal
  • +5% damage when you have might
  • when you use a heal, you and your allies gain 5 second of regeration
  • when you use your elite skill, you lose all conditions and gain all buffs for 5 seconds

The above is a sampling of the 6th rune bonus from runesets. Lyssa is listed last.

Is this really balanced? I see a lot of players running with it, and when they pop that elite, Lyssa acts like a mini-version of Endure Pain + Berserker Stance.

The rune sets are balanced in terms of ALL their bonuses, not based on bonuses of a particular tier. E.g., Runes of Divinity give 2% crit damage and +10 to all stats at the 6th tier, which is super weak compared to other 6th tier bonuses. But, the entire rune set gives 12% crit damage and +60 to all stats, which is one of the strongest bonuses.

Lyssa is situational, requires folks to blow their elite, has counterplay (corrupt boon/boons stealing/boon stripping), and activates so late after the elite has been used that it’s possible to cancel it accidentally if you dodge or swap weapons after using it (You can’t do either of those for 0.5-1 seconds after using it).

The fact is that the only reason Lyssa is even viable right now is because of the condi/stun spam meta right now. For necros, it provides that needed access to stability to contend with hambow warriors.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

data.4093

So…I guess…basilisk venom wasn’t patched in october? Wait why are we talking about bask venom…

I’m saying that Anet is leaving lyssa alone on purpose. Condition pressure is insane right now and lyssa runes are a general counter to condition nuking. The fact that they are so popular shows how overpowered conditions are, not how overpowered a condition cleanse is.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

So…I guess…basilisk venom wasn’t patched in october? Wait why are we talking about bask venom…

Thief engages on me from 2k+ range using signet/sword2/steal with basi venom. He has every boon in the game(plus aegis). I’m stunned, how can I retaliate other than try and run away after using a stunbreaker?

Symbolic

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

data.4093

Thief engages on me from 2k+ range using signet/sword2/steal with basi venom. He has every boon in the game(plus aegis). I’m stunned, how can I retaliate other than try and run away after using a stunbreaker?

Corrupt boon?

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

Corrupt boon?

So there’s one possible spell that can counter lyssa runes to a certain extent? But wait, I mistimed it and it was dodged due to 3 spam, kitten I suck.

Symbolic

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

data.4093

Corrupt boon?

So there’s one possible spell that can counter lyssa runes to a certain extent? But wait, I mistimed it and it was dodged due to 3 spam, kitten I suck.

You’re right. Lyssa runes aren’t an issue, thieves are. Better nerf ’em.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Lyssa runes are overpowered :/ The reason I believe anet has let it slide is because how ridiculous condicleave classes are at the moment… as soon as engies/necros and maybe even rangers (a little) are brought down slightly they’ll handle Lyssa…

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

Corrupt boon?

You’re right. Lyssa runes aren’t an issue, thieves are. Better nerf ’em.

Same exact thing applies to warriors with signet of rage, full condition cleanse and every boon in the game on a 48 second cooldown. Except they can’t engage on you from 2000 range. Warriors are kinda regardless stupid though. Necro flesh golem is another one where there’s a low cooldown, offers cc and gives you every boon in the game while removing all of your conditions.

Symbolic

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

If they nerf Lyssa runes , I want the other classes elite to be nerfed aswell. Because basilik venom is pretty useless …..

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Yeh, it just shudnt give stab. Or should “remove 3 condis and give all boons” or remove all condis and give 5 boons or something

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

If they nerf Lyssa runes , I want the other classes elite to be nerfed aswell. Because basilik venom is pretty useless …..

Yep, that’s why d/p thieves run basi venom without Lyssa, right.

Symbolic

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Lyssa runs apparently already have an around 50 second internal cooldown, not sure if thats true or not.

But I see people are running out of things to complain about if they are saying Lyssa runes are op

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Wow, you just realized most of the runes in GW2 are useless???
Like next to any rune that is ever used is ‘OP’ compared to those ones….

If Anet didn’t make condi removal so god kitten necessary (and a pain in the kitten to geT) on builds it wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Lyssa runs apparently already have an around 50 second internal cooldown, not sure if thats true or not.

But I see people are running out of things to complain about if they are saying Lyssa runes are op

You do realise lyysa is run by:

- almost all thieves
- almost all warriors
- some necros – if they run 1v1 spec
- most mesmers
- some dps guardians

So thats alot of stuff using 1 rune set. I think it should be nerfed a little. Not alot though

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

- almost all thieves
- almost all warriors
- most mesmers
- some dps guardians

So thats alot of stuff using 1 rune set. I think it should be nerfed a little. Not alot though

And tons of people use the orge runeset for the rock dog, does that mean its op? No it doesnt.

Like someone else in the thread said the problem is that most of the other runes are underpowered or useless, not that lyssa is op.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

Im pretty sure the confirmed that Lyssa icd will be changed to 90 secs.

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: rekkis.5938

rekkis.5938

Lyssa boons only last like 5 s, how is this overwhelming to counter? Dodge and pop invulnerability and you can continue smashing your face on keyboard.

A must have accessory for every self-respecting gw2 gamer out there.

Attachments:

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

- almost all thieves
- almost all warriors
- most mesmers
- some dps guardians

And tons of people use the orge runeset for the rock dog, does that mean its op? No it doesnt.

Like someone else in the thread said the problem is that most of the other runes are underpowered or useless, not that lyssa is op.

Way less run ogre now because of how OP lyssa is. And people dont really run ogre for the dog. It is nice but the other things are nice

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

Lyssa runes are overpowered :/ The reason I believe anet has let it slide is because how ridiculous condicleave classes are at the moment… as soon as engies/necros and maybe even rangers (a little) are brought down slightly they’ll handle Lyssa…

I’ll believe that when someone from ArenaNet says it.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

I always use ogre on my warr . It’s a nice dmg boost if you’re in soldiers. And the dog can pretty much counter any squishies . I remember it was hitting 1,5k on GC thieves

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

w/o lyssa my thief wouldn’t have stability -_-

other bonuses are not even that great but in the world of CC and condi spam kind of have to run it -_-

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

If your favorite TV show gets canceled, do you call NBC and demand they take your neighbor’s television?

Runes of Lyssa are not tied to a particular profession. They have practically nothing to do with one another.

If you are relying on them exclusively to survive, then the problem is either you or your build. The Runes are OP.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

other bonuses are not even that great but in the world of CC and condi spam kind of have to run it -_-

Did it occur to you that ArenaNet designed thieves to not have access to stability? If they did, they would have put it on a weapon, utility or in a trait.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

If your favorite TV show gets canceled, do you call NBC and demand they take your neighbor’s television?

Runes of Lyssa are not tied to a particular profession. They have practically nothing to do with one another.

If you are relying on them exclusively to survive, then the problem is either you or your build. The Runes are OP.

the problem is class having kittenty survivability and 0 stability outside of gimmicky dagger storm on long CD

All is Vain~

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Did it occur to you that ArenaNet designed thieves to not have access to stability? If they did, they would have put it on a weapon, utility or in a trait.

yeah they also had in mind that thieves should be dodgy and stealthy, yet both keeps getting nerfed while condi and CC spam has reached absurd levels

All is Vain~

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

people run ogre because it’s the highest damaging runeset in the game as the +dmg stacks insanely well with other +%dmg modifiers in traits (scholar are better for pure damage but 90% health is hard to maintain at all times).

Symbolic

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I’m pretty sure that doesn’t make an effect on how strong it is.

I would prefer they just get rid of the stability altogether.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I’m pretty sure that doesn’t make an effect on how strong it is.

I would prefer they just get rid of the stability altogether.

comming from engi….lol

All is Vain~

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

The rune sets are balanced in terms of ALL their bonuses, not based on bonuses of a particular tier. E.g., Runes of Divinity give 2% crit damage and +10 to all stats at the 6th tier, which is super weak compared to other 6th tier bonuses. But, the entire rune set gives 12% crit damage and +60 to all stats, which is one of the strongest bonuses.

Lyssa is not balanced.

Precisions Runes:

Runes of the Eagle

1. +25 Precision
  2. +3% Critical damage
  3. +50 Precision
  4. +5% Critical damage
  5. +90 Precision
  6. +5% vs targets with less than 50% health.

Runes of the Ranger

1. +25 Precision
  2. +3% Critical damage
  3. +50 Precision
  4. +5% Critical damage
  5. +90 Precision
  6. +5% damage while you have a companion.

Runes of Rata Sum

1. +25 Precision
  2. +15% Poison duration
  3. +50 Precision
  4. +20% Weakness duration
  5. +90 Precision
  6. 50% Chance to summon a Radiation Field when hit. (cooldown: 120s)

Runes of the Thief

1. +25 Precision
  2. +17 Condition damage
  3. +50 Precision
  4. +40 Condition damage
  5. +90 Precision
  6. +10% Damage behind or beside your foe.

Runes of Lyssa

1. +25 Precision
  2. +10% Condition Duration
  3. +50 Precision
  4. When you use a healing skill you gain a random boon for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)
  5. +90 Precision
  6. When you use an elite skill lose all conditions and gain all boons for 5 seconds. (Cooldown 50s)

The 1,3,5 piece rune bonus is identical to all the other Precision Runes. The 4 piece rune bonus is as powerful as the 6 piece bonus on other rune sets. The 6 piece is off the charts.

Lyssa is situational, requires folks to blow their elite, has counterplay (corrupt boon/boons stealing/boon stripping), and activates so late after the elite has been used that it’s possible to cancel it accidentally if you dodge or swap weapons after using it (You can’t do either of those for 0.5-1 seconds after using it).

Lyssa makes your elite ability a powerful defensive ‘oh-no’ button. Lyssa gives a player 3-4 seconds of nigh-invulnerability, allowing them to do whatever they want (attack, escape, heal, etc).

This allows some builds to forgo condition extra cleansing, sacrifice survivability for more damage, etc.

There are 9 boons in this game. What boon strip can remove all 9 boons at once? None. Corrupt boon can only do at most 5, and it strips important ones like stability last.

The fact is that the only reason Lyssa is even viable right now is because of the condi/stun spam meta right now. For necros, it provides that needed access to stability to contend with hambow warriors.

No, Lyssa is viable because it’s basically like getting a normal 6 piece rune boost (the Lyssa 4 piece) and the equivalent of 2 utility abilities rolled into your elite.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

yeah they also had in mind that thieves should be dodgy and stealthy, yet both keeps getting nerfed

Did it occur to you that it keeps getting nerfed because it is imbalanced?

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

the problem is class having kittenty survivability and 0 stability outside of gimmicky dagger storm on long CD

This thread isn’t about your difficulty playing thief. It’s about the Lyssa Runes, which many players run, being overpowered.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Used to love running Rune of Air, but now Lyssa is mendatory.

That’s the issue.
Lyssa is not overpowered, it’s mendatory.

In a world where burning can be perma-applied from auto attack, you don’t get much choice.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Your right guys, these runes that have been in the game since launch are the true source of disbalance in this game.

There is some seriously disbalanced stuff in this game, Lyssa runes is not one of them. People only started using them because of the need for massive cleansing, condispam is the culprit here.

Is Lyssa Balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I only hate it because another low cd stability was the last thing warriors needed…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)