Is this your April Fools Joke Early??

in PvP

Posted by: Backpack.8517

Backpack.8517

http://i.imgur.com/AdvKQMr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/etjI8C1.jpg
pls….
I was rank 2 team Q, rank 30 solo q before the patch..
I had a very high MMR, and I rarely played with or agaisnt bad players….
WHY AM I PLAYING VS THESE PEOPLE (And with)

Btw, we won 500-190…. Someone died to the boss once as well.. Pls anet pls

in PvP

Posted by: Nitesky.6427

Nitesky.6427

Patch has been deployed 2 days ago and things are not working out according to plan. This is indeed very scandalous, because in software engineering, everything works perfectly from the very first second something new gets released. I mean what are they thinking? It’s their job to work around the clock to appease spoiled teenagers sitting in their basement playing games all day.

Sorry for the antagonistic comment, but in our times it seems, people really need to relearn empathy and patience.

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Patch has been deployed 2 days ago and things are not working out according to plan. This is indeed very scandalous, because in software engineering, everything works perfectly from the very first second something new gets released. I mean what are they thinking? It’s their job to work around the clock to appease spoiled teenagers sitting in their basement playing games all day.

Sorry for the antagonistic comment, but in our times it seems, people really need to relearn empathy and patience.

+10

Exactly right. For a non-subscription game at that.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

It’s their job to work around the clock to appease spoiled teenagers sitting in their basement playing games all day.

I take offense to that. I play in my comfy attic and my mom hasn’t bought me pokemon cards in over 20 years.

pls….

Looks like balanced matchmaking to me. Atleast from a dota pov.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

(edited by sorrychief.2563)

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

pls….

Just took a look at your account. Your profession MMRs are taking a while to catch up to your account MMR. Not my fault its so dang high. :P

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

pls….

Just took a look at your account. Your profession MMRs are taking a while to catch up to your account MMR. Not my fault its so dang high. :P

is this seriously the reason? So if we want to get legit mmr we should only play 1 class for forever ?
is this the same thing happening on darek.1836?

gerdian

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

is this seriously the reason? So if we want to get legit mmr we should only play 1 class for forever ?

Yes, it’s a temporary situation that is more noticeable to those players who are further away from the default MMR.

No, it’s by design that it lowers your MMR when playing a class you play less frequently. Sure, playing only one class will probably mean your core MMR and profession MMR are in sync, but I wouldn’t say this is preferable as the profession MMRs should catch up quickly.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Pandatrice.7183

Pandatrice.7183

well I didn’t get any information from the pictures…yeah I’m very new…is it two players standing on one point? could someone point out for me? thx

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

well I didn’t get any information from the pictures…yeah I’m very new…is it two players standing on one point? could someone point out for me? thx

All I got from the pictures is that apparently Backpack stands outside the enemy spawn and taunts players looking for a challenge… or something.

That and his team was pretty spread out.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

All I got from the pictures is that apparently Backpack stands outside the enemy spawn and taunts players looking for a challenge… or something.

wow it sure is promising when this is what our pvp devs know..

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

24 seconds in, Red has not even capped its uncontested home and is in the process of doing so with two people. You know, just to be extra sure. Aaand the ele goes Svanir. Space-age meta.

A nice way of describing the initial split is that it was “not ideal”.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Hah You’d be amazed at number of things I don’t know. :P

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Pandatrice.7183

24 seconds in, Red has not even capped its uncontested home and is in the process of doing so with two people. You know, just to be extra sure. Aaand the ele goes Svanir. Space-age meta.

A nice way of describing the initial split is that it was “not ideal”.

that makes sense, thank you. I should have noticed the time. We also supposed to kill the two monsters at the very beginning, do we?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I think The april fool’s joke was putting courtyard into ranked.
HA HA! So funny, now I see, good one anet.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

Such value. Muchos approval.

Attachments:

Been here since launch

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

We also supposed to kill the two monsters at the very beginning, do we?

Killing Svanir and Chieftain at the start is the right call only very seldom, and even then it heavily depends on the enemy team’s composition. If the enemy team has highly mobile classes that can spike, such as (competent) thieves, the risk of a steal is very great.

In evenly-matched teamQ Forest games the mobs are often left alone completely. In soloQ however you can pull bosses with more security, given that people don’t coordinate and next to nobody realizes that 90% of the game is actually played on the mini map.

Been here since launch

in PvP

Pandatrice.7183

Hi Justin, I’m a Chinese player playing on the Chinese server. I Just wondered when would you guys release the new pvp system to the Chinese server? Are you going to wait until it looks good enough?
We have been waiting for the ladder for soooo long…hopefully the new system can attract more Chinese players to play pvp.

in PvP

Pandatrice.7183

Killing Svanir and Chieftain at the start is the right call only very seldom, and even then it heavily depends on the enemy team’s composition. If the enemy team has highly mobile classes that can spike, such as (competent) thieves, the risk of a steal is very great.

In evenly-matched teamQ Forest games the mobs are often left alone completely. In soloQ however you can pull bosses with more security, given that people don’t coordinate and next to nobody realizes that 90% of the game is actually played on the mini map.

what a good lesson. better than playing 100 games without any clue. tyty

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Please elaborate how the game is played on the minimap. You mean you watch for patterns and figure out the enemy team’s strategy and where you now need to be?

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Backpack.8517

Why did you totally disregard the MMR from the last 1.5 years or whatever… Give that MMR to players on each profession, increase the volatility, and let their professions settle into their respective places.
The bottom line is this. Successful players tend to do well on every class. This game is more about rotations, awareness and other class wide aspects, that professions don’t change. Sure a bunker guard and a thief rotate differently but most players that can play one well, understand the other. The mechanical skill cap for most classes and builds in this game is very low, and players are either at that threshold, above it, or below it. Regardless stuff like dodging others animations, and positioning, which impact fights greatly, don’t change much from profession to profession. Point being, players MMR is not going to fluctuate much from class to class (unless they play turret engi or some other brain dead stuff). I like the idea of class to class MMR< but you need to start it off of the players BASE MMR< the one the had in team q.

TLDR: Class to class, the majority of players are either good or bad, i.e. their MMR won’t fluctuate much so reseting everyones MMR is going to make it a painful process for all.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Please elaborate how the game is played on the minimap. You mean you watch for patterns and figure out the enemy team’s strategy and where you now need to be?

i’m just a casual player that had some team arena experience in the past, but i would say:
tl; dr
“be at the right place at the right time” aka “where you now need to be?”

an example:
- if you are standing in mid, and noticed that there are 3 opponents at home, but only 2 defending and it is a 2 vs 2 at far. you might wanna go help home if you can arrive in time to make a difference. if it is too late for you to rush there, and home is a lost cause, perhaps consider rushing to far to help your team finish them off.

errr i can’t think up any other.
others more experienced players will be able to explain better.

another tl; dr would be
“observe the mini map so you can stack team fights to your favor”

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

Yes, pretty much. 5v5 conquest is about counting players and achieving map control by forcing uneven fights (or even fights where the class composition is in your favor). If you have two hands and can reliably count to five, you have what it takes to be a top-tier conquest boss.

Been here since launch

in PvP

Backpack.8517

i’m just a casual player that had some team arena experience in the past, but i would say:
tl; dr
“be at the right place at the right time” aka “where you now need to be?”

an example:
- if you are standing in mid, and noticed that there are 3 opponents at home, but only 2 defending and it is a 2 vs 2 at far. you might wanna go help home if you can arrive in time to make a difference. if it is too late for you to rush there, and home is a lost cause, perhaps consider rushing to far to help your team finish them off.

errr i can’t think up any other.
others more experienced players will be able to explain better.

another tl; dr would be
“observe the mini map so you can stack team fights to your favor”

rotations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPb2jY19oU

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I saw a team 4 cap home tonight backpack. 2 capping is clearly more advanced. Then I ran into them to see what they would do, instant time warp/plague form on me so I ran away. lol

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

instant time warp/plague form on me so I ran away.

The only thing to do in such a situation. Clearly.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

+1 , (as im always kittening at dev’s) good to see you’re up and out addressing your project and taking input.

(Man, can we vote to add to your workload and put you on WvW?)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.