Leaderboards... for real this time

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This is why they can never give us dates. They said, if we give you a timeline and run into delays, it will be worse than just saying soon. And you guys are proving em right. The reason they cant communicate more detailed timelines (even if they might be open to revision) is because of stuff like this.

DELAYS HAPPEN. ALL THE TIME.
Not to say im not frustrated, I wish they made some of this stuff in pvp a priority, but they are not lying to us.

Not the point. The point is they put leaderboards in the patch notes just to trick pvp players into thinking there was anything for them when there wasnt. It was a crude attempt to stop us complaining. Didn’t work on me and shouldnt on you.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I was happy for new invisible leaderboards, lets hope they add more invisible pvp modes as swiftly as they added everything else in pvp, since conquest is one of the most boring pvp scenarios…

Seriously.

They kittened up terribly when it comes to innate toon to toon synergy and map type.
Anet didn’t just get rid of tanks and dps and healers… they got rid of the mass majority of the need to rely/work with other people to tank/dps/heal… I at least play MMOs to meet and work with people, GW2 utterly failed in that department.

Really if you play gw2 pvp and dont think you have to work with teammates to synergise and coordinate your play then you just completely suck and need to learn the game.

The main reason you cant carry in this game is because team work and communication are so important.

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

It’ll be here soon enough.

Therefore Arenanet have to steal the time machine from Dr.Who and travel back till 28th of august 2012.

Btw. I attached Arenanets roadmap for pvp for the next 12 month. As everything also this document is invisible.

Attachments:

(edited by HPLT.7132)

in PvP

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

not to offend but from this update 26 March i expected more for WvW since i readed somewhere Anet said it will be more WvW update and the only thing they have putted are WvW ranks and Abbilities and improved WvW Performance (wont count Leaderboard since its still not here) so those 2 things even with Leaderboard its still not big as i thought it will be for WvW. Or should i say it should be Great update to PVP (sPVP and WvW)

(edited by Foronisus.4138)

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

It’ll be here soon enough.

Therefore Arenanet have to steal the time machine from Dr.Who and travel back till 28th of august 2012.

for emphasis

You’re doing more harm than good.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

The main reason you cant carry in this game is because team work and communication are so important.

The main reason you can’t carry in this game is because everyone has standardized gear.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Really if you play gw2 pvp and dont think you have to work with teammates to synergise and coordinate your play then you just completely suck and need to learn the game.

Is stating that ‘you suck and are wrong’ really a valid way to disprove a point??

I can state my point again if that will help clarify any misconceptions you had while steaming out that response. The new tank/dps/heal scheme just dropped the innate ability for people to have cohesive extroverted abilities (like guard on a tank or targeted heals on a healer) leaving that sort of thing only for heavily preplanned premades. Yes if you are in a well made premade there is allot of cohesion between toons on your team. If you are in anything short of that it’s extremely minimal, meaning teamwork is for the most part made up of focusing the same target, the occasional rez or long CD and chatting out who holds/needs help at what BO.

It feels so very lacking, especially in a conquest setup.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

The main reason you can’t carry in this game is because everyone has standardized gear.

Rezzing, even if you down 2 people in a 1v3… you still probably have completely lost, gaining no kills as people start rallying back up.

And partly because its entirely BO based, so even if you are winning most fights, you can still lose terribly if the rest of your team doesn’t bother to cap stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Rezzing, even if you down 2 people in a 1v3… you still probably have completely lost, gaining no kills as people start rallying back up.

And partly because its entirely BO based, so even if you are winning most fights, you can still lose terribly if the rest of your team doesn’t bother to cap stuff.

Or cant. Even if you are the strongest 1on1 player on the field you cant be everywhere at once. so if your constantly losing your other points while you take 1, that’s not going to cut it.
though some classes like ele carry much better than some others. Poor solo quing warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

This is why, AN never gives us exact dates.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

I think these both hold some truth; but if I were to weigh in on this, i’d venture to say that the skill floor for most builds is too close to the skill cap. When you have such a limited gap between maximum individual efficiency and spamming a cookie cutter rotation, it’s hard to establish yourself as an individual in a team based game. Skill just isn’t as rewarding in this game as it is in other games, downed state and lack of being able to see internally hidden things like enemy hp #‘s, cast bars, and trait/rune cooldowns rely just dumb down the game for everyone and make 1v2’s near impossible for most builds.

I still have hope that they will atleast give us the option to see cast bars and hp #s. A focus target function would be awesome as well, but WoW has it so that means no one in that dev studio will touch it with a 10ft pole. Idk, but something has to be done to increase the gap between skill level and individual efficiency (of builds), the problem is that they nerf higher skill cap – higher reward builds (100 nadez, tact strike thief, inb4 HGH nerf) and keep lower skill cap – higher reward builds around (aurashare ele, shatter mes, backstab thief, ect..). I’ll admit that balancing for this game is hard -because of how wep sets/traits can piggyback off each other for a number of different builds, but they should rely just be focusing on making really hard-to-play builds OP. -atleast that’s my perception of it.

tldr: skill floor is too close to skill cap in almost every build, they nerf the super high skill cap builds that reward skill (100 nades, tact strike thief, prolly hgh), and streamline the lower skill cap – high reward builds (aurashare ele, backstab thief, bunker guard).

- no offense to anyone who is playing a build i listed as “low skill cap”, many of you would break through the limitations of these builds if you had the option to.

-actually, I’m going to make a thread about this because I formatted/worded this terribly.

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

:(

I don’t even care about leaderboards but really anet, invisible? Are you TRYING to lose money here?

in PvP

Posted by: Mysio.5074

Mysio.5074

pvp is death in gw2 bcs anet only upgrade pve GJ Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I hope now that all pvpers understand that since pvp has a low population and doesn’t generate much money for Anet, they won’t put any effort into major pvp development. Like I said on the main leaderboard post, it would make sense for Anet from a business standpoint to give us just enough to show that they’re doing something, but stall us until the next expansion where they’ll implement all of the features that we’re waiting on, while being able to implement a way to make money off of pvpers (i.e. custom arenas, more cash shop offerings, etc.).

A voice of reason drowned out in a sea of QQ.

Sadly it’s not the playerbase’s fault their monetization scheme failed miserably. Paids turned out to be crap and were scrapped because no one bought tickets anyways.
If they actually had something to work with after the epic drop in population then they might add some new goodies, but they don’t so they won’t.

If you guys are waiting on those massive game changing improvements to PvP then I’d suggest you don’t get your hopes up. They aren’t coming for a very long time. If you don’t enjoy the game for what it is now then you should probably just give up. Nothin is gonna change unless a-net invests a lot of time and money into PvP, something I wouldn’t expect them to do from a business perspective until an expansion. Even with an expansion it’s a toss up. It just wouldn’t make sense.

I’ll still keep playin the game because I enjoy it a lot. But right now I realize it’s in maintenance mode and will continue to be there for a while.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Lul, ya… i I came from guildguild wars. And joined for the amazing esport AAA PvP.

then the game launched with several traits not really appropriate, couldn’t quite que with a friend, tons of bugs, no spectate or leader… but the mists were well done so I was opomistic

looks like they’ ve made no real pprogress since

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Epidemic was not a nerf it was a fix…

Fine. Then why dont they fix rtl not being effected by chills and cripples. Why fix stuff on classes which arent op and not fix stuff on classes which are op. Makes no sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Epidemic was a fair fix

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I don’t think it was a fair fix. It was about as fair a fix as was the frenzy nerf; it crippled an already underperforming class. I was perfectly fine with epidemic as it was before and didn’t even know it was operating in that fashion. Necros are already poor condition damage classes in comparison to their brethren with easy access to burning, now it’s just kind of pathetic. They still won’t be as good as engis or rangers and now that gap is larger.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I don’t think it was a fair fix. It was about as fair a fix as was the frenzy nerf; it crippled an already underperforming class. I was perfectly fine with epidemic as it was before and didn’t even know it was operating in that fashion. Necros are already poor condition damage classes in comparison to their brethren with easy access to burning, now it’s just kind of pathetic. They still won’t be as good as engis or rangers and now that gap is larger.

Idk dude, necro boon stripping is amazing. If you’ve got a thief on vent, timing his backstab on an ele/guardian at same time you boon strip that’s incredibly powerful. I do agree that I didn’t feel necros where OP before, so in a sense a needless nerf. however I still necros are a pretty good class.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

leaderboards in monday? please? :’)

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

i guess monday-tuesday

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

failed players in a decent team running ts/vent would always win against solo queued best players.
people that play tourney nonstop earn more MMR than those that do a few games a night.
at any given instance, there’s a top team in play, and you (your team) would go no further after becoming that top team, earn no more MMR.

how’s a leaderboard supposed to work?

in PvP

Posted by: dasmurmeltier.8521

dasmurmeltier.8521

i guess monday-tuesday

I totally hope that you are right, but why should it be like that? Any evidence?

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

seems stuff wasn’t fine.

in PvP

HPLT.7132

Updates? Almost two weeks since announcement.

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Leaderboards have to wait for the wvw population to settle down in 1-2 months when the median is some arbitrary level.

I don’t know why anet thinks the entire population is such a bunch of babies. Obviously the leaderboards would be volatile just after release. It’s really not a big deal. It’s not like people just stop playing iphone games that get released with leaderboards because they’re mad about the lack of stability.

What was the other argument? Something about elitism? Well, people are going to be elitist anyway.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I expect them to come early this week and to be a massive let down. This game is dead and honestly there is less and less reason to continue because:
1, No progress on features ever
2, No progress on balance ever
3, Snails pace progress on bug fixes (rtl not effected by chills and cripples, eles losing conditions when they use downed state ability)

I am not blaming anyone or anything. Not hating on the game. Those are the facts though so whatever.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

I guess I just don’t understand what all the commotion is about. The leaderboards have been visible and up for ages. I just don’t understand why they haven’t been updated in over a month. I guess it is the bug Sharp is mentioning…but alot of the QQ here is about leaderboards missing a deadline…and quite frankly it appears they were WAY AHEAD of schedule.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Leaderboards-for-Qualifying-Points/first#post1509273

#soon

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Leader boards are pointless unless your in a 5 man team. So personally dont really care. Be nice when they split ques, but untill then….pointless for the bulk of us who dont run with 4 others.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

They don’t need to constantly put the carrot in front of our faces and tell us “Soon”, “When it’s ready”, “We’re looking into it” and other variations of bullkitten. All they need to do is tell us what the issue is and why it isn’t released. This complete veil they’ve created is unnecessary. The issue isn’t that content isn’t being released, the issue is that ArenaNet isn’t telling us anything.

If they said “in a week” and then in a week they tell us why it wasn’t released in a weak instead of “soon” they’d get far better reactions.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

^

Go to there!

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

tyvm evan.

/15chars

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

^

Go to there!

HOW CAN SQUAD NUMBER FOUR BE SO LOW ?!?!?!

He has been dominating for 5 months, and he’s only 97TH !!!!

There’s indeed something wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

Am I the only one who is disappointed that they do not show WvW progression ranks as a leader board? I was under the impression that when they said “WvW Rankings” this is what it meant since we already get WvW rankings every week.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

^

Go to there!

Great, nice job!
Just a question, if you’re not logged theres a message at the red bar that says “Log in to view stats based on your profile”, is there an option to see my place in the ladder? I don’t mean the full ladder roster, just the position? like, “you are number 1111”? or just not yet but there will be?

in PvP

ahuba.6430

Am I the only one who is disappointed that they do not show WvW progression ranks as a leader board? I was under the impression that when they said “WvW Rankings” this is what it meant since we already get WvW rankings every week.

given the fact that its the spvp forums i dont think many will care, although, whats the point of showng wvw ranks? it would be like showing pvp ranks.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Clearly players are going to want more (longer list, actual rating displayed) but for the moment…

Thanks Devs!

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/pvp

in PvP

Posted by: asherchill.7314

asherchill.7314

^

Go to there!

Great, nice job!
Just a question, if you’re not logged theres a message at the red bar that says “Log in to view stats based on your profile”, is there an option to see my place in the ladder? I don’t mean the full ladder roster, just the position? like, “you are number 1111”? or just not yet but there will be?

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

given the fact that its the spvp forums i dont think many will care, although, whats the point of showng wvw ranks? it would be like showing pvp ranks.

Then what is the point of showing achievements? People care about this kind of stuff. Just because you personally do not see the point does not mean that other people don’t. Some people like getting high on leader boards even if it just means spending more time playing. The only reason I posted here is because the leader boards thread is located in the sPvP forum.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

what exactly is the purpose of these without showing the rating? Someone in 20th place has no clue how far they are from first and you have someone with 98 games and 80% win rate ranked higher than someone with 444 games and 91% win rate?

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

HPLT.7132

I would really like to know how this Leaderboard is working. Really, I cant see any pattern.

in PvP

ahuba.6430

Clearly players are going to want more (longer list, actual rating displayed) but for the moment…

Thanks Devs!

i dont really think longer list is essential as long as there will be some place on my profile that says my place in the ladder, like " your are number 9999", i guess this will be faster and easier to implement. but really nice work!

also, question, is rating character specific? not account? it seems like it is with that “character” tab.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Thanks Devs!

i dont really think longer list is essential as long as there will be some place on my profile that says my place in the ladder, like " your are number 9999", i guess this will be faster and easier to implement. but really nice work!

also, question, is rating character specific? not account? it seems like it is with that “character” tab.

It’s account, they just displayed last character used.

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

so someone explain to me how a guy that has 7 wins, 4 losses is ranked #49?

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It’s not the number of wins that matter but the quality of those.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

lol #fail

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

He beat other high ranked players and thus gained a lot of rating from those wins. It’s the same with any system of this nature.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

It’s not the number of wins that matter but the quality of those.

sorry but if 7 wins against top level teams puts you top 50 then their rating system is horrid. Take WoW for example, you start at 1500 rating. Even if you played the #1 team and beat them over and over it would take you 50+ games to get top 50.

seriously. 7 Wins, 4 Losses.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Top 100 and I play like 3 times a week. TOO STRONK

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt