May 14th 2013 update

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

ZERO updates for PvP. Still no GvG, still no monthly tournaments, still no actual tournaments, zero new maps, zero new voice commentary, zero no game modes.

WvW has traps now, which is TOTALLY new type of thing, and PvE has updated the stoy and lots of things to Southsun Cave, more guild treks.

Any thoughts on ZERO PvP updates? And if you think them changing PvP daily back to what is an update, your wrong because that’s more of a UNDO and opposite of update.

My thoughts are, EXPECTED, there is so much you can do, so much you can bring to the PvP in GW2, like new maps, new modes, better rewards for glory, but since I started playing back in February, I learned that the PvP developer community doesn’t even care that much, they spend too much time thinking, instead of spending time on actually getting stuff DONE, actually getting UPDATES, actually making PvP more enjoyable, and finally actually making PvP ESPORTS.

I pretty much knew that we wouldn’t be getting any updates for PvP, but WvW got traps, I totally did not expect that and that’s a outstanding update for WvW. All I know is if your getting bad customer support and not satisfied with you got, it does you no good to just say nothing, so here I am making it noted that I’m displeased that PvP had no outstanding updates.

All I see in the PvP communities is bugs, like the trebuchet in Khylo, it still kicks me out while I’m using it and takes like 5 seconds to use it again, while in WvW trebuchets were done right and I’ve never got kicked out of the trebuchet. Cannons also are still bugged, and still kicks you out every now and then, but in WvW its DONE RIGHT. But those aren’t the updates I’m looking for, I’ve been using the broken treb and cannons for MONTHS, I’m looking for new PvP modes, better tournaments, new maps, better rewards, yet they cant even do this, all I get this month is a UNDO button the PvP daily, how sad is that.

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They changed relatively little with this patch, its mainly here to introduce the new living event; its only been 2 weeks since the last major patch.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

They changed relatively little with this patch, its mainly here to introduce the new living event; its only been 2 weeks since the last major patch.

yep, that way, when they release the other half of the patch in two weeks, they can call it the “big pvp patch” since it will be “all pvp”.

d-(-_-)-b

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

They didn’t change very much anywhere except for the living world event, some new WvW content, and a few bug fixes here and there.

My PvP Minion Build

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

This again? The honest truth is that that there are only 2 people at Anet who care about PvP. Everyone else just cares about PvE, Codes for a Paycheck and doesn’t care about the game, or is only concerned with making items to sell in the Cash Shop.

Everything we have now and everything we’re going to receive over the next 6 months are extremely over due. All of this stuff and more should have been in the game at launch. Imagine what would happen to you at your job if you were 9 Months behind on a project.

All of this is just fluff. People may be more interested than before but it still won’t go anywhere. The entire skill system, trait system, queue system, targeting system, and scoring system needs a complete overhaul. On top if that this Conquest Only BS has to go. It’s trash and everyone has called them out on it. The tournaments aren’t tournaments. They are one and done single round win or lose. When you win you feel nothing, when you lose, you feel nothing. And finally, they need to add body blocking. It’s a joke that I can walk right through other players.

When it’s ready my kitten

You have to realize that they don’t care about us or PvP or features. Anet has one single goal and they are focused entirely on that goal. That objective is to take your money. That’s all they want. They are a for profit company and all they want is your money. They don’t care if your happy, sad, or content. They only want your money and when they pretend like they care, its just a maneuver to get more of your money. All they want is your money. Never forget that. They do not care about their product, they just want your money.

(edited by Theplayboy.6417)

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: miniL.7361

miniL.7361

Traps seem like a big joke and a huge middlefinger to WvW players.

They just gotta kill Que’s, zergs & go back to defending stuff being usefull.
The amount of offense, zerging and capping is driving me nuts.
Specially as no one bothers with the dolyaks or supply camps.

Frustrations….

(edited by Moderator)

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

They didn’t change very much anywhere except for the living world event, some new WvW content, and a few bug fixes here and there.

Yeah, I don’t know if you know this, but theres PvE, which they added living world event like you said, WvW which added traps which is completely new (and in my book this adds more strategy because it strips 5 supplies from 20 people which can be a big deal when a zerg got all its supplies stripped and cant bring up the rams.), and PvP which got nothing. PvE and WvW got something, PvP didn’t. All PvP got was a “file load PvP daily, click on undo button on PvP daily”, PvP dailies are now what they were before the last patch.

All they did to PvP these last 2 weeks was click on an undo button, while WvW and PvE did constructive updates.

Oh and the PvP developers aren’t just out there for the money, if they were, they wouldn’t even do SOTG videos. I just don’t have a clue whats up with the PvP development team.

I just see a lot of blaming, like “I just do professions, I’m not in charge of making new PvP modes or tournaments or adding in all the armor into PvP or special armor in PvP or PvP maps, or leaderboards, all I do is professions so you complain to them”

From my viewpoint of PvP, professions are fine, they just need to work on the structure a lot more. I’m sick of listening in on SOTG and all they do is talk about professions all day long.

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

This patch was not meant to be a big patch at all. Seriously you your brain. Who knows when the next major PvP update will be.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

my brain hurts reading this thread

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Why would you expect a pvp update in this patch.
Some people.

The great forum duppy.

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Actually, as Jon Peters said, next patch with balance changes is gonna be in 6 weeks.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

can you stop making these threads

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

I never expected WvW to get traps, this patch isn’t WvW patch, yet WvW got something and PvP got nothing.

The only thing I expected from this patch was new living story.

But there was much more too it, and yet PvP gets nothing. WvW doesn’t even have to hype up things and they get stuff yet for PvP you have to get 1000 confirmations from the developers to get 1 thing, which is sad.

The difference between WvW and PvP is, on WvW threads they show matchups and hype up the matches each week and give progress information. On the PvP threads theres no hype for any official tournament ( because you cant view them in game), theres no hype about leaderboards (because too unstable, people bouncing from 75% to 300s and people not even playing on them), just people bickering about how there is nothing to get hyped up about, because there isn’t ANYTHING to be hyped up about in PvP which is something they need to change.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Of corse it didn’t have any of that, It was supposed to be the bug fix update… OH WAIT!

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I’m agree. This patch is one of the worst patch since month. I mean, it’s really EMPTY as a pvp POV.

Half a month after the last PvP patch.

Probably another one coming at the end of this month.

Da kitten is going on here people.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

as a necro, I’ve been waiting for a decent PvP patch since ever…

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Necros are pretty good…

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Necros are pretty good…

yeah, they’re pretty good, but when you have a game with 6 of 8 classes with al least one AWESOME build each… pretty good its pretty meh

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Not really. There are plenty of builds that Necromancers can bring that can work very well in team comps. You just need to find a niche.

My PvP Minion Build

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I thought the patch two weeks ago was actually pretty good. Balance is in a decent place (unless you’re a warrior or a necro) and I wasn’t expecting any changes yet because we need to actually see how this rather stable~ish balance shakes up over the month. We just had a sledgehammer balancing, don’t think we need another just yet.

CA and SM have opened up the scene for a lot viewers (relatively speaking compared to what little life PvP viewing had before them for this game) and I’d rather the devs take their time to address our suggestions well rather than introduce things in a hurry that may or may not even work as intended.

Or maybe I’m just too optimistic.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Stop whining. We all knew that there would not be introduced anything PvP-related with this patch, since it wasn’t long since the larger april-patch was released.
They will now have a month (i assume, since the PvE-event stops June 11) to work on features that include PvP and hopefully bring CA’s out of the beta-phase.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Crazedwolf.7652

Crazedwolf.7652

Traps seem like a big F-ing joke and a huge middlefinger to WvW players.

They just gotta kill Que’s, zergs & go back to defending stuff being usefull.
The amount of offense, zerging and capping is driving me nuts.
Specially as no one bothers with the dolyaks or supply camps.

Frustrations….

I agree, i even pointed this out on general forums… I think traps and siege alike should remain up until triggered whether the players leave the map or just dont interact with them for a while… Not to mention the 2 sad excuses for the traps…

www.facebook.com/crazedgaming
www.youtube.com/lolgrimfyre // www.twitter.com/lolgrimfyre
www.twitch.tv/grimfyre

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

When it’s ready. And yeah sure…it isn’t yet

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

A-Net allrdy stated that this patch will be for bug-fixes only in the matter of PvP. Though I don’t get this rage about it.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

I thought the patch two weeks ago was actually pretty good. Balance is in a decent place (unless you’re a warrior or a necro) and I wasn’t expecting any changes yet because we need to actually see how this rather stable~ish balance shakes up over the month. We just had a sledgehammer balancing, don’t think we need another just yet.

I’m sick of this balance every patch they do, they spend so much time balancing that they forget to do other pvp structural stuff like new game modes, better leaderboards, better SM, new maps, new rewards, REAL tournaments.

Yet they waste all there time on stuff like ele ride the lightning, “lets nerf it like this” “ok next patch lets spend a month thinking about how we should nerf it again” “ok now that we thought about it for a month lets nerf it again” “ok its still not were I want it to be so lets think about how we should nerf it for another month”.

Less time on balancing, more time on actual pvp developments like I stated above.

Because fact is, you aint gonna get esports with a perfectly balanced boring game, but with an exciting game modestly balanced you will create hype because its EXCITING.

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: MasterGeese.4756

MasterGeese.4756

You got custom arenas and extensive balancing just two weeks ago. Calm down.

I bet they’re just using the extra time to work on something big for sPvP. (and I don’t get a chance to say that often about patches. Thanks Arenanet for all you’ve done so far.)

May 14th 2013 update

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

A-Net allrdy stated that this patch will be for bug-fixes only in the matter of PvP. Though I don’t get this rage about it.

So many bug fixes that now my cliend is kittened up and dcs me every 20 mins while ts and connection run just fine…

gotta love those bug fixes… :/