in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Compared to the other channeled melee abilities (p. whip,

hblades, etc) Blurred Frenzy is the only one that AUTO-FACES in

the targets direction. That means even if I try to move behind

the mesmer he just auto-matically turns around and continues to

hit me.

It will auto-face even during the middle of the channel.

Why does Blurred Frenzy have this auto-facing, while HB and PW

doesn’t?

(edited by gwawer.9805)

Mesmer Blurred Frenzy needs fix?

in PvP

Posted by: Carkara.1846

Carkara.1846

you are right another mesmer OPness.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

blurred frenzy needs a fix, but not because of what you’ve said, but because it’s one of the best skills in the game: I cannot understand how an attack that deals so much DPS can give you full immunity to return-dmg on top of it and have such a low CD.

Blurred Frenzy also negates the effect of many defensive abilities like most auras, blocks with some sort of knockbacks or return-dmg (like 4 on greatsword with the ranger) and it even negates any attemps of allies or the targeted player themselves to interrupt the spike of the mesmer by knockdown, daze etc.

I’m cool with Blurred frenzy giving some sort of defensive buff, like that you only get 50% dmg etc. but it shouldn’t negate control-abilities at all.

Ppl might think it’s maybe not a big deal, but Blurred Frenzy is one major part why Glas-Cannon Mesmer are so good right now -> spiking with pure impunity and low CD’s is what makes glass-cannons possible and I strongly believe ANet should move away from making those builds as good as they are right now. Glas-Cannons require less skill than a build with less DPS and more sustain, they are frustrating to play against and any sort of random triggers can totally distort the whole fight (for example: you die in very few hits of a glas-cannon-thief, so the chance of “on-getting-hit-ablities” triggering in that fight are much more random, then when a fight is longer. It also distorts the effect of crits and other stuff like that, which just makes the game more luck-based, frustrating und less skill-intensive).

And ppl that say a fix for the glass-cannon would destroy mesmers (or thiefs), don’t have a clue – there are very strong shatter-builds with less DPS, but a lot of sustain.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Blurred frenzy doesn’t actually hit that hard on its own, normally around 3k or so. The immunity on a short cool down is really what makes it good since it makes the attack risk free. You can just swing into anything, and even if you miss you still can’t be punished outside of someone spacing. And yes, you can even count it as a 2 second block on a 10 second cool down, which is just silly when you realize how much damage you can avoid with it if you use it as one.

I would rather have blurred frenzy not root mesmers and grant protection for its duration. At least make it function like endure pain, you ignore damage but still subject to the effects of skills.

The fixes for glass cannon mesmers could be toning down some of it’s defensive elements, and maybe doing something about mental torment. Getting 20% extra damage is a pretty big deal, especially with it being an adept trait. The other issue is how illusionary persona lets you get 4 clone shatters, when maybe shatters need to only go up 3 max.

Its not an easy problem to solve because the damage individually isn’t high from any one part, but the combined damage and the difficulty in avoiding it, along with the low risk, makes it troublesome.

in PvP

Posted by: Ziddy.2583

Ziddy.2583

add 8-10 seconds on its cd

in PvP

Posted by: Aspen Tie.5084

Aspen Tie.5084

Guardian 1 hand sword attack #3 is similar, if I am not mistaken.

Back Door Beauty [MUF]

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

The skill is fine.
It roots us on the ground and we are unable to move for the duration. For it to actually work we have to use #3 (swap clone) which bugs out most of the time.
If the mesmer has 2 clones up and and summons another that quickly walks to you, DODGE, by the time the mesmer swaps clones and hits frenzy, you will be in a safe distance and have wasted his precious cooldowns.
The setup is strong but it is also one of the most predictable attacks the mesmer has because all the signs are there, and you have defensive cooldowns for moments like that.

in PvP

Ziddy.2583

The issue is the invulnerability on a 8 second cooldown traited. It is definitely too strong the way it works now. You could bump the damage up if you wanted to, but I wouldn’t fool myself into thinking it’s okay where it is. Getting focused fire? It’s okay just press 2, and it’ll be up 7 seconds later.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

The skill is fine.
It roots us on the ground and we are unable to move for the duration. For it to actually work we have to use #3 (swap clone) which bugs out most of the time.
If the mesmer has 2 clones up and and summons another that quickly walks to you, DODGE, by the time the mesmer swaps clones and hits frenzy, you will be in a safe distance and have wasted his precious cooldowns.
The setup is strong but it is also one of the most predictable attacks the mesmer has because all the signs are there.

The thing is it evades all attacks like a thief death blossom. I can understand if it evade all normal direct damage attacks, but it should be countered by AOE knock backs or any weapon that has an Aoe knock back. It’s not like they have stability on while doing those attacks. This is one of the reason why these attacks can be OP in 1 vs 1 fights or group fights if a thief spams death blossom while dropping caltrops if they’re spec for it which 95% are.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Mark Hayden.4235

Mark Hayden.4235

This is just getting kitten** ridiculous, it is no wander the pvp in this game sucks, the community is just as worse as the devs, nerf this, nerf that, this OP, this is UP, from this point on I’m convinced this game is going down and it won’t get back up again.

Instead of just learning the game and make a kitten* effort to win you just complain and your wish is granted by the devs, the result: mesmer got nerfed to kitten and the game in general sucks this community deserves what it is getting.

I really enjoyed the game and i wished it to grow but my hope got shatterd just like the phantasms, so it’s time to move on. I really don’t care what happens to this game anymore even if their servers crash tomorrow for good.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

This is just getting kitten** ridiculous, it is no wander the pvp in this game sucks, the community is just as worse as the devs, nerf this, nerf that, this OP, this is UP, from this point on I’m convinced this game is going down and it won’t get back up again.

Instead of just learning the game and make a kitten* effort to win you just complain and your wish is granted by the devs, the result: mesmer got nerfed to kitten and the game in general sucks this community deserves what it is getting.

I really enjoyed the game and i wished it to grow but my hope got shatterd just like the phantasms, so it’s time to move on. I really don’t care what happens to this game anymore even if their servers crash tomorrow for good.

You say the community and devs and pvp in GW2 sucks, yet you are the only one that wasn’t able to bring anything constructive to this post and is basically just blurting out crap…. -.-°

Make Blurred Frenzy negate DMG, but not any sort of Control-Abilities would be an easy fix iMHO.

in PvP

Posted by: Mark Hayden.4235

Mark Hayden.4235

You say the community and devs and pvp in GW2 sucks, yet you are the only one that wasn’t able to bring anything constructive to this post and is basically just blurting out crap…. -.-°

Make Blurred Frenzy negate DMG, but not any sort of Control-Abilities would be an easy fix iMHO.

This post is not constructive by default so there’s no point to add anything constructive to it

in PvP

Posted by: Mufa.1326

Mufa.1326

Bump to this. I was already thinking making a post about this skill, pistol whip versus flurry/HB. (I am a thief not a warrior)
Also, this is not a whine, since I have no problem fighting mesmers, I do not need them nerfed to win.

Now, it is very simple to see how ridiculous this skill is: This SINGLE SKILL gives invulnerability 25% of game time (2 sec invul on 8 sec timer). That is on top of high dmg output (and other issues like autoturning after me as I circle them to hit them from the back). Give me anything that comes close to it (just in terms of invulnerability, forget the rest)!

What is more, this is not 25seconds of invulnerability on 100sec timer, where you have 75 sec to kill the mesmer. Rather, balance of duration and cooldown is pretty much perfect. 2 sec is ideal to negate bursts and it is on 8 second timer.

Normal invul utilities give invulnerability about 4%-5% of game time (think mist form or endure pain). Also many of this when popped prevent you from taking offensive actions (shield block). BF (and PW too) is simply so out of line with the invulnerability it is not even up for discussion.

They need invulnerability removed or cut down to something that will bring invulnerability state as % of game time to reasonable level (0.5 sec maximum).

Soko D Medo

(edited by Mufa.1326)

in PvP

Mufa.1326

One more thing to add: Against melee build, this 25% invul as % of game time is even higher. You have to back off a bit before he start using the skill (you will not be ideal) and after he finishes it will take you some time to come back. Let us say it takes you 0.5 sec on each end, that essentially gives mesmer 40%+ of game time invul (3.5sec out of 8sec) against melee builds unwilling to stand there and take the dmg from BF (and shatter too…yeah).

Soko D Medo

(edited by Mufa.1326)

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

Bump to this. I was already thinking making a post about this skill, pistol whip versus flurry/HB. (I am a thief not a warrior)
Also, this is not a whine, since I have no problem fighting mesmers, I do not need them nerfed to win.

Now, it is very simple to see how ridiculous this skill is: This SINGLE SKILL gives invulnerability 25% of game time (2 sec invul on 8 sec timer). That is on top of high dmg output (and other issues like autoturning after me as I circle them to hit them from the back). Give me anything that comes close to it (just in terms of invulnerability, forget the rest)!

What is more, this is not 25seconds of invulnerability on 100sec timer, where you have 75 sec to kill the mesmer. Rather, balance of duration and cooldown is pretty much perfect. 2 sec is ideal to negate bursts and it is on 8 second timer.

Normal invul utilities give invulnerability about 4%-5% of game time (think mist form or endure pain). Also many of this when popped prevent you from taking offensive actions (shield block). FB (and PW too) is simply so out of line with the invulnerability it is not even up for discussion.

They need invulnerability removed or cut down to something that will bring invulnerability state as % of game time to reasonable level (0.5 sec maximum).

The only issue I have with mist form is that you shouldn’t be able to finish a player in downstate to avoid an attack just like engineers. I also wish that Endure Pain had an invulnerability to condition damage as well and not just only benefit off of physical attacks.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Guardian 1 hand sword attack #3 is similar, if I am not mistaken.

The guardian skill only blocks ranged attacks, has a longer cooldown, and unless they’re right in your face (aka you can melee them) the projectiles tend to miss.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in PvP

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

BF is extremely powerful but it’s also more or less necessary to make the mesmer class viable in pvp. I would actually like to see BF nerfed but only if other weapons and skills are made more viable to compensate. Right now sword feels 100% mandatory in PVP because BF is so powerful and so necessary to how the mesmer class works.

in PvP

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

Personally, I’m not sure how it is in PvP… but in PVE it makes mesmer the best solo tank in the game. I can pretty much face-check anything and live It was fun at the beginning seeing that everyone runs and you’re just standing there pressing buttons… but afterwhile, it’s just OP & boring. I wouldn’t say the damage is OP, rather it’s the fact that you get immunity for damage. It’s like Wind-Runner ‘Windrun’ in Dota 2…. it’s borderline OP and fair.

Link below: http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Windrunner

in PvP

Numot.3965

BF is extremely powerful but it’s also more or less necessary to make the mesmer class viable in pvp. I would actually like to see BF nerfed but only if other weapons and skills are made more viable to compensate. Right now sword feels 100% mandatory in PVP because BF is so powerful and so necessary to how the mesmer class works.

Its not needed but it is so strong as it seems sub optimal to not take it. That is a problem. The damage is lower that it was (it used to hit over 5k without glass cannon builds) but the damage isn’t the problem, its the total immunity that is. Making it like endure pain (take no damage from attacks, instead of evading all attacks) would be better than how it is cause at least if you could still hit the mesmer you could punish a player for just throwing it out there without a care and encourage healthier meta.

I’m all for buffing other offensive aspects to mesmers, it would help promote build diversity, and some weapons really do need the help, like the scepter.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

dunno why but reminds me pw, with invul added of course…. xD

in PvP

Posted by: Seeinred.4651

Seeinred.4651

Wow someone makeing a topic qqing about burred frenzy. How bout u learn to evade the kitten attack? One roll and ur out of its radious and u can sit and watch the mesmer whiff in the air and waste it. It does not run with you. The immunity is only 2 sec and is there because it roots you to ground leaving us for a good 2 sec to be hit stunned cc’d etc. also putting us right in melee range. Anticipate it brah and play like u know things.

Mesmers are considered one of top pvp classes for pleanty of reasons and have had there nerfs and bugs but someone qqing because they cant figure out how to avoid a 2-3 sec frenzy? lolz

I have some life changing words for ya, some skills are JUST more stronger than others and every class has them. Since they are one of the “OP” pvp classes that means it will take a little more time to learn their counters wich is part of the fun in it.

Conspiracy Thëory- sPvP
Seeinred -Wv3
Dragonbrand sPvP/Wv3 ~Mesmer

in PvP

Mufa.1326

How about this seeinder:
It is not about evating the attack. It is about the mesmer being invulnerable to counterattack once you evade it.
You are not technically rooted, you can interrupt it if you miss. So he is not forced to stand there. But if I dodge his attack and find myself behind his back, i should be able to hit him if he does not move. He should not sit there invulnerable for 2 sec every 8 seconds.
You need to reread what the issue is. Avoiding 2-3 sec frenzy is easy. Doing so every 8 seconds and mesmer being invulnerable basically 30-40% of game time due to single skill is stupid.

Soko D Medo

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

It’s the auto facing part of blurred frenzy that I’m most concerned about. It’s like giving a auto target skill in a first person shooter. It’s one thing to have the skill auto face the target when initially cast, but to have it auto rotate even during the middle of the channel seems overkill.

Pistol whip, hundred blades, and flurry do not auto face the target. That means you can circle strafe around your opponent or simply run through your opponent to avoid the damage.

in PvP

Mufa.1326

Yukishiro, I doubt that 2sec invulnerability (every 8 seconds) on BF is necessary for viable mesmer in pvp. Whoever claims that has L2P issues.
Other classes do not get to be invulnerable 25%+ of game time based on single skill to be viable. (exception is s/p thief who traits that way and that should be fixed as well).

Let us look at what you have in sword/pistol set:
1. you have 2second stun every 25 sec.
2. you have duelist which does very decent dmg. (and u can bump his and other illusion’s HP 200% thanks to the bug).
3. you have BF every 8 sec (with above described features).
4. you have gap closer in ur clone and then immobilze for 2 sec.
5. You have dmg shatter every 10 sec or so (mind wreck).

So using 4 -> 3 -> 5 you are able to delivery super damage spike while being completely invulnerable for 2 seconds (during spike) and you do that on 10 seconds CD. you can also mix in 2 sec stun into the combo every 25 sec.

Alternatively you can deliver 4 – 3 and leave shatter as a defensive option once your invul expires, where you force enemy with your shatter to back off again and waste few seconds window where he can actually do some damage to you before you rinse/repeat.

6. you have about 4 sec of additional invul due to another shatter. (distortion). This 4 sec is on 42 sec cooldown or so (I assume you trait properly).

7. you have long daze (shatter) every 30 sec.

8. confusion also great especially in team fights.

9. You have staff which is also very good weapon. (do I need to tell you what you have there? back off shiled, then back off field, and then teleport away and clones who keep applying annoying conditions on the enemy from range while u kite)

So do not pretend as if you have no other tools to justify this obscenity of a skill. Even if you did not, you should be given such tools and this obscene skill moderated. But you actually do have other tools, this invul of 2 sec on 8 sec timer is unnecessary for skilled players.

Soko D Medo

(edited by Mufa.1326)

in PvP

Mufa.1326

it is not ok that skill even auto-faces at the beginning of the cast. If a player is not able to make sure he faces the target when he presses the skill button he should not be guaranteed to hit.
It dumbs down the play and others do not get such benefits.

Soko D Medo

in PvP

Seeinred.4651

How about this seeinder:
It is not about evating the attack. It is about the mesmer being invulnerable to counterattack once you evade it.
You are not technically rooted, you can interrupt it if you miss. So he is not forced to stand there. But if I dodge his attack and find myself behind his back, i should be able to hit him if he does not move. He should not sit there invulnerable for 2 sec every 8 seconds.
You need to reread what the issue is. Avoiding 2-3 sec frenzy is easy. Doing so every 8 seconds and mesmer being invulnerable basically 30-40% of game time due to single skill is stupid.

You can interupt it if you miss yes but there is like a 1-2 sec hesitation after you decide to do this causing you to basicly be rooted. I have read what the issue is and evading the attack is a fix to the auto facing issue since you would be out of range of damage.

lol YOUR argument of being invulnerable every 8 seconds is Bullkitten and NOT part of anything in OP. So take your own advice there guy. Every 8 sec invulnerable??!! Thieves can basicly go perma invis making them invulnerable 100% of the time and other classes have there own defensive skills if traited to be simular. Im sure theres a thread on that topic go spread some love there to please.

Oh Mufassa, its Seeinred not Seeinder

Conspiracy Thëory- sPvP
Seeinred -Wv3

(edited by Seeinred.4651)

in PvP

Seeinred.4651

Yukishiro, I doubt that 2sec invulnerability (every 8 seconds) on BF is necessary for viable mesmer in pvp. Whoever claims that has L2P issues.
Other classes do not get to be invulnerable 25%+ of game time based on single skill to be viable. (exception is s/p thief who traits that way and that should be fixed as well).

Let us look at what you have in sword/pistol set:
1. you have 2second stun every 25 sec.
2. you have duelist which does very decent dmg. (and u can bump his and other illusion’s HP 200% thanks to the bug).
3. you have BF every 8 sec (with above described features).
4. you have gap closer in ur clone and then immobilze for 2 sec.
5. You have dmg shatter every 10 sec or so (mind wreck).

So using 4 -> 3 -> 5 you are able to delivery super damage spike while being completely invulnerable for 2 seconds (during spike) and you do that on 10 seconds CD. you can also mix in 2 sec stun into the combo every 25 sec.

Alternatively you can deliver 4 – 3 and leave shatter as a defensive option once your invul expires, where you force enemy with your shatter to back off again and waste few seconds window where he can actually do some damage to you before you rinse/repeat.

6. you have about 4 sec of additional invul due to another shatter. (distortion). This 4 sec is on 42 sec cooldown or so (I assume you trait properly).

7. you have long daze (shatter) every 30 sec.

8. confusion also great especially in team fights.

9. You have staff which is also very good weapon. (do I need to tell you what you have there? back off shiled, then back off field, and then teleport away and clones who keep applying annoying conditions on the enemy from range while u kite)

So do not pretend as if you have no other tools to justify this obscenity of a skill. Even if you did not, you should be given such tools and this obscene skill moderated. But you actually do have other tools, this invul of 2 sec on 8 sec timer is unnecessary for skilled players.

Holy kitten man you must have been bottling up this crap for some time or have just been facerolled too many times by mesmers. stick with the one issue from OP and if you have so much to Pitch’ about start a compaining thread on why you think they are OP to allow more of your concerns to be addressed properly.

Conspiracy Thëory- sPvP
Seeinred -Wv3

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

Seeinred stop trolling…you already see the point why we think Blurry frenzy should be tone down. It’s because they immune to all when they use that attack for 2 seconds. I can understand if the attack had an 20 second cool down or something or 25 at most, but it’s an 10 second cool down move and during the 2 seconds pretty much makes it an 8 second attack. Tell me what other class have that type of weapon mechanic to evade attacks and be immune to all besides Thieves death blossom.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Jake Dressler.8204

Jake Dressler.8204

Ok let me put this into a simple concept that hopefully you guys can understand. Mesmer has a low amount of health and wears cloth. If you are a sword mesmer you have to be in melee range, meaning you get eaten up very quick if you use this skill incorrectly. There is a punishment to using this skill at the wrong time and it’s called dying within a second afterward if you do not know what you are doing. If invuln is taken away from this skill then the damage needs to be at least double. My glass cannon specced mesmer still only does MAX and by max I mean the most I’ve ever done with it was 6k and that was every hit was a crit and on another glass cannon. If I have to sit in melee range and sit still against a warrior and I use this spell without going invuln, let’s see my possible 4k dmg max to there I dunno 12k with 100 blades they could use at the same time completely wrecking anything the sword build could potentially accomplish.

in PvP

Seeinred.4651

I think my big issue with a thread like this is the fact that mesmers obviously are being disected and getting their share of nerfs on the shatter builds end along with the Phantasmbugs and MOA complaints I am going to defend BF especially since the case stated is a complete qq post. If Anet nerfed avery issue people have with mesmers youd be left with a class making copies of itself hopping all over the place basicley throwing water balloons at everyone. Sure it’d be annoying but thats about all that it would be.

Another mesmer is one of the harder classes for me to go up against as a mesmer or my engineer, and never once thought blurred frenzy was an issue needing to be a top nerf priority.

BF does has its counters and it does put you right in the mix of being takin out durring an aoe node battle.
I dont need to explain what other classes have the same weapon mechanic when there are far more classes with weapon mechanics or skills that can counter or block it.
And to say EVERY 8 seconds invulnerable is not accurate in the fact that to make this happen would mean to not swap weapon/skills and stay equipped with current sword/x combo long enough to use again leaving you in melee range even with pistol combo stun if it misses or are in cleave situation enemies have the oppertunity to kill you while u run around poking people

Anyways spent long enough on this

Conspiracy Thëory- sPvP
Seeinred -Wv3

in PvP

Seeinred.4651

Ok let me put this into a simple concept that hopefully you guys can understand. Mesmer has a low amount of health and wears cloth. If you are a sword mesmer you have to be in melee range, meaning you get eaten up very quick if you use this skill incorrectly. There is a punishment to using this skill at the wrong time and it’s called dying within a second afterward if you do not know what you are doing. If invuln is taken away from this skill then the damage needs to be at least double. My glass cannon specced mesmer still only does MAX and by max I mean the most I’ve ever done with it was 6k and that was every hit was a crit and on another glass cannon. If I have to sit in melee range and sit still against a warrior and I use this spell without going invuln, let’s see my possible 4k dmg max to there I dunno 12k with 100 blades they could use at the same time completely wrecking anything the sword build could potentially accomplish.

for kittensakes thank you. I guess its too hard for people to see this.

Conspiracy Thëory- sPvP
Seeinred -Wv3

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

The skill is fine, it is pretty much the only thing that saves melee mesmers from dieing instantly and it is WAY too easy to dodge it, and it hits for nothing compared to hunder blades or some thief skills… I would trade this for 100blades damage anytime.

in PvP

Ziddy.2583

Increase the cooldown, nuff said.

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

The skill is fine, it is pretty much the only thing that saves melee mesmers from dieing instantly and it is WAY too easy to dodge it, and it hits for nothing compared to hunder blades or some thief skills… I would trade this for 100blades damage anytime.

I wouldn’t trade it for hundred blades because you can take damage while using hundred blades plus endure pain wouldn’t save warriors from condition damage..lets get real here okay.

I’m just saying that it shouldn’t be immune to every attack. Anything that’s aoe should be able to counter evasion attacks. I am sure a fart can interrupt a mesmer blurry frenzy or a thief death blossom. They’ll lose concentration when they sniff that bad sucker.

Pineapples

in PvP

Numot.3965

“every 8 seconds”

To clarify the statement cause either some people are deliberately missing the point, or just fail at reading comprehension. Every 8 seconds (if traited) you have 2 seconds of blur (evade everything). That is a significant amount of damage mitigation if used well.

The problem isn’t: the fact you can’t damage the mesmer or the damage blurred frenzy does.

The problem is you can’t do anything control wise to the mesmer. Distortion is a powerful ability but it has a lengthy cool down and needs a resource. The blur on blurred frenzy does not. The skill is better for flat out avoiding things than actually doing damage. That’s a problem because it lends a fair amount of survivability to a build that would otherwise be fragile and when combined with other mechanics makes it over the top.

No one here is calling for the sword (or even mesmers) to be nerfed into the ground, what people are asking for is some balance. If that means toning down one thing and raising other aspects, that’s fine and in fact something that should happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Every day there seems to be some new complaint about mesmers. Part of me assumes that Anet devs won’t listen to the endless forum whining but then another part of me worries that they will. For my part I have no idea how to rationally approach these conversations because I don’t know of any objective standard for what is and is not OP or how to really evaluate class balance from a developer’s viewpoint. From a player’s viewpoint I don’t find myself having trouble dealing with blurred frenzy or the short invuln buff it applies. I do not feel that blurred frenzy requires any adjusting either to its blur invuln nor to its cooldown timer.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

It’s easy to evade, but if you want to fix something just make it like hb or pw…you stay in one place but you can take damage…probably we will see less mesmers spamming it all day…i met one last night, he was like…stealth…bf…evade evade…mass invisibility…bf….using it every single time his hp were going down…

Well obviously at the third time i saw him doing it i just landed a tactical strike on his back before bf…and he got imploded by my mates….he also raged a bit bout thieves and stuff, very smart one…always fun seeing mesmers or guardians rage bout thieves xD

This is like hs…using it sometimes it’s ok…. just spamming it counting just on that skill it’s crap…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

It’s easy to evade, but if you want to fix something just make it like hb or pw…you stay in one place but you can take damage…probably we will see less mesmers spamming it all day…i met one last night, he was like…stealth…bf…evade evade…mass invisibility…bf….using it every single time his hp were going down…

Well obviously at the third time i saw him doing it i just landed a tactical strike on his back before bf…and he got imploded by my mates….he also raged a bit bout thieves and stuff, very smart one…always fun seeing mesmers or guardians rage bout thieves xD

This is like hs…using it sometimes it’s ok…. just spamming it counting just on that skill it’s crap…

I guess you didn’t know, but you evade during pistol whip after you do the first hit that stuns aswell.

in PvP

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

doesn’t pistol whip also make you invuln?

in PvP

RinKyu.4317

Yes, like I said just before you. Also deals way more damage and has a stun in it.

in PvP

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Long cast time without invuln.
5 ini – 8.3 sec regen without use another skill.
30% more damage than blurred frenzy.
Not avtofacing.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Nerf war and thief b4 nerfing mes (again) pl0x.
Actually, they should just get rid of the whole mesmer profession no?

Anyway, as was mentioned by one person, Mesmer has lower health, lowest armor, BF is required to go to melee range. The damage does no where near as much damage as HB or PW. Also I saw another guy post that you would have to be not wep swapping and staying in sword to do it everytime as soon as its cd has finished which in most cases is unlikely. Man if people can’t handle 2secs of invulnerability every 19 secs (10sec cd, 9 sec wep swap cd) then they’re just bad QQers and I hate to be one to say this but if they can’t handle it then they really do need to “learn 2 play”, simple as that. Lol I can’t believe the amount of people STILL crying for more mesmer nerfs.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

(edited by Josh P.1296)

in PvP

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

Other classes do not get to be invulnerable 25%+ of game time based on single skill to be viable.

This is in theory. People in this thread are buffing each other up until everyone thinks that mesmer is invunerable 25% of the time. C’mon guys, no mesmer uses BF like that. I have played 650 games on my mesmer and used BF less than ten times to just whip air to avoid cc or damage, and that is a desperation move. Rarely, if ever, seen other mesmers using BF like that. Maybe better mesmers than me use that move regularly, but I haven’t been in the same matches with them then.

That being said, I do think that mesmer might be a bit too strong atm and that the class needs some fixes. But so does a lot of other stuff. F.ex bunkers when glass cannons get gradually toned down.

in PvP

RinKyu.4317

“Another class I have little understanding of can evade my attacks with his weapon skills?! Unheard of! Start up the QQ train!”
/thread

in PvP

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Other classes do not get to be invulnerable 25%+ of game time based on single skill to be viable.

This is in theory. People in this thread are buffing each other up until everyone thinks that mesmer is invunerable 25% of the time. C’mon guys, no mesmer uses BF like that. I have played 650 games on my mesmer and used BF less than ten times to just whip air to avoid cc or damage, and that is a desperation move. Rarely, if ever, seen other mesmers using BF like that. Maybe better mesmers than me use that move regularly, but I haven’t been in the same matches with them then.

That being said, I do think that mesmer might be a bit too strong atm and that the class needs some fixes. But so does a lot of other stuff. F.ex bunkers when glass cannons get gradually toned down.

Hahaha. Mesmers are too strong right now? Lol nice joke.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Not sure why is everyone crying about this, warriors can be immune for like 10 seconds AND while moving, 100% immune with the block thing, not to mention the other one which makes you take 0 damage.
Rangers have similar skills which makes you ‘evade’ while attacking, so does thieves, and elementals, if youre gonna nerf 1 nerf them all.

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

Some people just won’t be satisfied until nobody players mesmer, at all.

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

Not sure why is everyone crying about this, warriors can be immune for like 10 seconds AND while moving, 100% immune with the block thing, not to mention the other one which makes you take 0 damage.
Rangers have similar skills which makes you ‘evade’ while attacking, so does thieves, and elementals, if youre gonna nerf 1 nerf them all.

Shield wall is 3 seconds which protects a warrior from all damage. Endure pain only lets you be immune to physical damage which last for 5 seconds. Condition damage goes through Endure Pain so that’s the downfall on that move.

Only thing I’m asking for is that any profession weapons that gives evade all ability so only be affected by normal attacks and not AOE. Only way to evade is to use your endurance bar and not just use blurry frenzy or death blossom to aoe ignore damage / aoe condition damage.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

in PvP

Posted by: PaZZo.5724

PaZZo.5724

So. Lemme get this straight.

Thieves have stealth and plenty of evasion on attacks.

Rangers have invuln and plenty of evasive attacks

Warriors have blocks, endure pain, and plenty of mobility to get out of hefty situations, plus access to stability.

Engineers have blocks, knockbacks, blinds, dazes, stealth with combo field

Necros have fear, death shroud (they get it worse here, admittedly)

Guardians have blocks, aegis, protection, invuln, heals, stability

Eles get shock aura, knockdowns, best mobility skill in the game to get ouf of danger, plenty of healing, blocks, knockdowns, invul, stability if they go for it.

But mesmers aren’t fine becuse of blurred frenzy, the only reliable damage avoidance other than distortion in their arsenal.

Kk.

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

Mesmers are thieves in light armor and they both share the same benefits of survivability. You name it…Teleports and stealth.

The only difference is thieves don’t have clones, not like they need them anyway and when you kill a clone you get a debuff.

For a warrior Endure pain is a 90 second cool down to be immune to only physical and not condition which only last 5 seconds* some say it’s 3 second because it is bugged*. Shield Stance is an 30 second cool down if not traited only be immune to all damage for only 3 seconds and Stability is a 40 second cooldown lasting 8 seconds. Warriors don’t know how to teleport or stealth so you can forget that survivability and our mobility has a limit since we don’t have a good condition removal system unless spec into shout spec.

Now compare those abilities to Blurry frenzy which is a 10 second cool and being immune to all damage for 2 seconds. Thieves can do death blossom and evade all damage as long if they didn’t get touch or condition damage on them * not like it matters when you have a passive trait to remove condition off every 3 seconds when going stealth.

I know other classes have their invulnerability moves too like mist form for ele’s and Elixir S for engineers, but it’s not on a short cool down. I don’t like the fact they can use those moves to finish off a player instead being like everyone else using stability to finish off an enemy or stealth like a thief or mesmer to finish the job.

Pineapples