OP Warriors will baffed again..

in PvP

Posted by: cottage.3274

cottage.3274

this is how i feel on warriors on a big pic pov.
they have now 2/3 builds that hard counter so many builds yet they dont really have a hard counter.
in fact the only counter is to focus fire with 2-3 ppl burst,tho and here is the kicker they can just disengage and no one can really catch up mayB a ele or a thief if they are willing and are not being peeled.
the only things that warrior can have trouble with is if you perma poison (cant be done)and get them on low hp constantly so they need to be defensive.
i hope anat will see this and fix ppl have listed so many things to be done all they need to do is choose a fix.

The build used in the mlg tournament was hammer/longbow. It is a great build but does not fit your description since it doesn’t have tons of mobility. There’s a picture floating around with a warrior holding 5 weapons because of posts like this.

did i say just lb/h or did i say 2/3 builds some can have more mobility some less none fail at it
you can still get away with even lb/h you can kite an cc and use your f1 hemmer to open gaps passive still ticking when you kite thats all a warrior needs.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

They are buffing support builds across all classes in the next patch. Ele has the best support builds in the game, so I’d imagine they won’t be too short changed on the 15th.

And a key weakness to full shout builds is a lack of stability btw. That makes them much more of a niche spec than you might think from a team comp perspective.

You should know first what support means, before saying ele is the best at it, the last MLG demonstrated how ele is best at nothing

Nobody wants to run a support build in the current meta, which is funny because there are support builds out there that can counter many risk-less hybrid comps. And lol at that first part, feel free to educate me on the nature of a support build.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

so many warriors….this profession takes so much skills that warrior players are extremely rare..oh wait

It’s very difficult to spam 4s stuns on 8s CD.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

so many warriors….this profession takes so much skills that warrior players are extremely rare..oh wait

It’s very difficult to kite someone that has 0 mobility : )

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Warrior is fastest profession in game according to a recent discussion on the subreddit. And by a good margin too. How again do you kite that? There are options, sure. But warrior has counters to the counter.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Yes ele that can literally oneshot you in a blink of any eye without anything to dodge because all happens in a split second is surely underpowered.. no.

Ele is OP. Very OP. It’s just that the meta does not let them take over because of the condition pressure.

You just won the award for worst player of the year…

You just won the award for most stupid person of the year – GW2.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

This is funny. People saying that warrior beats them so hard… and then they say that they dont take stunbreakers.

Please ANet nerf direct damage on all classes because i refuse to take any sort of damage mitigation on my utilities or traits.

Please ANet nerf conditions because i refuse to take condition removal on my utlities/traits.

And buff my class because other classes can avoid my burst. Or just nerf the other classes so they cannot avoid my burst… You choose.

no this is funny
do they not hard counter alot of builds ?just yes or no
will one stunbreake save you? yes or no
will you change your build only to counter one build out of 5 in tpvp and it really isnt a “counter” par say only you not geting facerolled just rolled on.

its silly sure you can run 3 stunbreakers on any class sure you can have a buld only to stop one type thing but whats the point so everyone need to fit in and evolve just for one clearly op over buff get real.

Do you need stunbreak to avoid being stunned? no
Do you have TONS of method to avoid being stunned? yes

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

This is funny. People saying that warrior beats them so hard… and then they say that they dont take stunbreakers.

Please ANet nerf direct damage on all classes because i refuse to take any sort of damage mitigation on my utilities or traits.

Please ANet nerf conditions because i refuse to take condition removal on my utlities/traits.

And buff my class because other classes can avoid my burst. Or just nerf the other classes so they cannot avoid my burst… You choose.

I have 2 stunbreaker on my build just for countering this CC spam meta. Actually a Warrior can barely hit me cos I know when to dodge and when to use my stun breaker properly while many warriors just know how to spam and spam and spam with their 8 secs CD.
The problem is: while I dodge and I manage to survive I can barely damage the warrior, even if I manage to hit him, his regeneration outheal my damage.
Now this is a 1v1 situation but what happens when I face 2 warriors in the same team fight? If they just spam I can still survive if I not commit any mistake (1 mistake and I’m dead), if they are good and chain properly their stuns I have no chance.
And of course I main a warrior also in tPvP but defending the current state of this class is counterproductive for the health of the game.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Warrior is fastest profession in game according to a recent discussion on the subreddit. And by a good margin too. How again do you kite that? There are options, sure. But warrior has counters to the counter.

I guess i have to l2p then as i can’t outrun anyone with axe/shield+lb or hammer+mace/shield or lb..

in PvP

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

this game has overall too much damage on some classes and tooo much cc
and warrior is the top one^^
but there is necro too – its just op to fearchain someone in seconds to death

or the other extrem the perma evade s/d thief spamstealing all the defense buffs your class have to can fight other classes – just a joke

CC Chains from only one player to other have to go and need a dimishing return – and something like higher crit vs stunned targets need to be deletet

have no problem with cc chains from other team when they use all their cc with teamply in a chain – thats skill and thats how this game should be played

and the other thing the damage in this game – way to high and need to toned down

conditions – too strong need to toned down (higher stacks from a condition need to do lower damage – so first stack full damage 5th stackonly 90% 10th only 50% and 20 stacks only 20% – something like this)

instakills have to go from all glasses – no ele thief powerengineer warrior necro or mesmer should can kill a enemy in seconds – thats broken

so my suggestion to fix all this – bring damage from all classes down to dps guardian lvl

thx^^

oh another suggestion bring ANTI Conditionsystem with sense

burned target cant be chilled – chilled target cant be burned
bleeding target cant be feared
……

edit: best and fastest fix would be give CCd players on CC end a panic boon which make him 2 seconds imun to ALL CCs

+1 on all but damage
I think the one class which MUST be able to one-shot somebody is the thief. Yet bs have been nerft anyway the defiantly must give a boon wich will reduse condy damage with 30% for X sec like protection for direct dem or just reduce condy dem .
If they reduce all damage it will be like tow spirit rangers soothing each other with bow 1 in other words BOOOOOOORING.
Diminishing returns on stun ye it will be cool yet for one person and class for 1 target only for example:
You have a necro target classic puchbag and a war and a mesemer jumps on him. The war opens with F1 mace ( 3 sec stun ) then he use 4 on shield but instead of 2 sec stun now it will be 1 sec and then the Mesmer shot him with 5 on pistol and this stun stays 2 sec .
Now we have the same necro but with 2 warrior jumping on him. Again one will open with F1 mace – 3 sec stun but if thr 2-th war uses F1 on mace then this stun will be 1.5 sec not 3 however if warrior number 2 uses 4 on shield it will be 2 sec not 1
This way it will encourage team fight and it will prevent staking on 1 class for stun lock like 2 warriors 2 necros and such

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Ok, not saying it’s easy, but here is a hint: Warrior’s mobility skills are fast, but not very maneuvrable.

Rush, Whirlwind and Savage Leap make you run faster, but in a straight line. When you use rush you can’t change your direction. Same with Whirlwind and Leap. Your mobility is more suited for roaming and is invaluable for conquest mode and WvWvW, it’s less useful, but still useful in combat.

So here’s the idea: try to circle strafe the warrior. You don’t have to be very distant from him, just enough to avoid most of melee attacks.

I’m not sure it will work, but it might be an idea.

Not trying to justify warrior, I actually stopped using mace and hammer when I realized everyone was using them. I use a tanky might stacking build now, which is trickier but can be even more powerful than other warriors if you can maintain 20 stacks.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

If everything else in the game wasn’t so kitten OP I’m sure ele would be a lot more powerful.

I’m prone to agree with this line of thinking. My impression is that Eles aren’t really bad… it’s just that there’s so many glaring OP things taking the spotlight that Ele seems terrible in comparison.

in PvP

Posted by: sas.6483

sas.6483

warriors aren’t OP. you just need to dodge their stuns. they are balanced IMO.

necs are tougher to beat than warriors.

I usually play a meat tank necro in PvP – minions, heavy siphoning, etc. I played a hot join match, and on the other side was a two CC warrior combo from the same guild (IG I think?). I’d be sitting on a point, they’d come in. The fights would be about 2 minutes long, and they were always the same. Chain CC from one warrior then the other, over and over again, rinse and repeat. For about 75-90% of the fight’s total time I’d be stunned, just getting pummeled. It was I think the dumbest playing experience I’ve had in GW2.

I dunno, maybe it’s OK – 2v1, the build has no stun breaks / stability / vigor, etc. So I’m not really complaining… it’s more that I have the feeling that DR on CC is going to have to be implemented. Maybe that’s the nerf that’s required.

- Dr Ebola

in PvP

Posted by: Gaurdian.4285

Gaurdian.4285

oh, warrior is not so OP.
they have many skill that can stun foe, but only melee weapon have this mechanism,stun foe. You can insight into their obvious action to stun you and then “evade”. And do you know when hammer/mace,shield warrior encounter enemies up two, warrior just wait to dead and hard to run away. It is a tragedy.

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

Im ok if they get baffed, so long as they don’t get buffed

RIP In Piece Physical Utility Skills

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

oh, warrior is not so OP.
they have many skill that can stun foe, but only melee weapon have this mechanism,stun foe. You can insight into their obvious action to stun you and then “evade”. And do you know when hammer/mace,shield warrior encounter enemies up two, warrior just wait to dead and hard to run away. It is a tragedy.

Yes, a warrior with 11 sec condi immune and perma stability is one of the easiest things to kite. + lyssa runes.

Let’s say you can kite him. You are a necro. Op, yes I agree. But then the warrior manages to stun you once. Puts on berserker. And stuns you until you are dead. Easy to kite. Necromancer stunbreakers are rare, we are supposed to pull DS and fear them away. The problem is that’s useless.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

From my own, personal experience i’ve been having the WORST trouble with warriors. Mostly hammer stun builds since my MM necro only has one true stunbreak with my fleshworm.

Can’t get through the perma stability even when I purge it with Focus 5

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Guys, Warrior is the best 1v1 class in the game. Either gang up on him or avoid the fight and kill their teammates….

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

warriors are definitely the most OP class. This is in PvP or WvW. The shout heals buff will make them even more OP in WvW.

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

You guys do know that dev’s play warrior mostly right?

Ghostcrawler mains a frost mage too. Right, right?

You are completely incapable of any sort of logical thought process if you believe that the developers could buff their own pet class on a whim, even if they were willing to.

Ok explain away that Peters has often mained an Necro and a couple of the other guys Warriors… and then look at the state of balance.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why they don’t hire monkeys and let them do testing. Ranger for example is op because monkey who play ranger beat monkey who plays engi every time.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

is the ranger the only class that can beat a warrior?

i’m really confused about this whining about warriors being OP.

i think warriors are perfectly balanced. for sure, they need to stun people because they do close-combats most of the time and they also need to be tanky because of that.

tbh, i find guardians harder to deal with 1v1. maybe guardians need to be nerfed.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

in PvP

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

i’m really confused about this whining about thief being OP.
i think thieves are perfectly balanced. for sure, they need to stealth because they do close-combats most of the time and they also need sigil of<insert name+shadow> to increase stealth duration.
tbh, i find stun warriors harder to deal with 1v1. maybe warriors need to be nerfed.
Seriously stop that guys, let anet do theirs job.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

if you cant beat a warrior you must be really bad or the warrior’s skills are just way out of your league.

A good player can counter any class. But there are times that I think maybe my build is just too strong or I’m really getting better. I think I’m just getting better as I gain more experience playing pvp. Although, I find necros really hard to deal with 1v1.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

jmatb.6307

I’m pretty sure you haven’t been playing good warriors if you’re a Ranger main and you think that.

I can see a Mace/Shield Hammer Warrior build dominating whatever a Ranger tries to do

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I guess i have to l2p then as i can’t outrun anyone with axe/shield+lb or hammer+mace/shield or lb..

Depends on your weapon set naturally .

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

I’m pretty sure you haven’t been playing good warriors if you’re a Ranger main and you think that.

I can see a Mace/Shield Hammer Warrior build dominating whatever a Ranger tries to do

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQJAVTjIVl1dVOVg2BiVB90eMJJde3jSRqTlxSpgLD-TwAA1CtI2StlbLzWytsbNEZJyJgXAA

this is my spirit build, do you think this is a bit too strong? i can beat most warriors 1v1.

they can beat me if they attacked me by surprise but it’s not that often that it happens. I just use barrage, knockback then use rapid shot after. once they are at a close range i switch to shorbow, sb3 sb2 spam a bit sb1 dodge, F2 with my pet. daze them, poison them again once their hp is almost empty and sb1 again until they die.

i use my spirits too. they can immobilize a warrior and burst damage once they were able to close the gap between us. it’s really not that hard.

all it takes is good mobility to kill them. it doesnt take that long to beat a warrior compared to fighting a guardian 1v1. fighting a guardian is a lot more pain-staking, IMO.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

That might be the worst use of Wilderness Survival I’ve seen in a long time, sorry man.

Falling damage is a WvW trait. Empathic Bond helps a lot more than that overall because you can expect Necros to flood you with condis. The stealth on CC actually hurts your ability to defend a point, which is what a Ranger does best. Vigor on heal is a lot better than all three of your choices put together, especially with Healing Spring. Shared Anguish is better too

I can appreciate running power on spirit ranger, but not with those weapons. You’re much, much better off with Greatsword in that build, rather than Shortbow. Maul already does pretty good damage and it scales well with 3.1k attack, plus you can kick people off the point, move around faster, etc. You can also do sword/warhorn for more fury to add with your marks trait.

Where is your wolf? The fear pet is the best one by far.

If I take a Zerker Hammer/Mace/Shield 0/10/30/0/30 Warrior build vs. that you wouldn’t have a chance.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

A wolf doesnt deal much damage while a lynx can deal 3k damage with f2. GS is too slow and you need to be really close with your opponent to deal damage while SB has evade poison and stun. The point of using sb is to evade a warrior’s stun at most.

How can you counter a warrior stun if you cant keep a decent distance from it besides GS attacks can be easily evaded. I find using GS and sword only effective destroying a treb. SB and LB are the best weapons to use assaulting a warrior defending a cap point. They all act like a guardian defending a cap alone.

I use the falling damage trait to escape an outnumbered fight that needs me to jump off a high place (Spirit Watch, Forest of Niflhel, Skyhammer).

With this build, my heal is 0 that forces me use Heal as One. I pretty much own warriors with this build because it can deal a fair amount of damage and be tanky at the same time. Using shaman amulet will bring down a spirit ranger’s damage extremely low. Stacking conditions requires positioning and you really cant do that a lot when you are forced to a 1v1 battle.

This build worked for me.

I will still consider your suggestion. My build is already tough to beat but maybe adjusting my traits and weapons can make me more effective. Thank you.

(edited by Valentin.2073)