Outrageous privacy violation.

in PvP

Posted by: Yiyojin.3241

Yiyojin.3241

Why is the spectator mode able to see build and everything?
Someone that wants to give his build, will give his build away no need for making it visible to everyone.
If you don’t want to, like me and probably not less than 90% of players is this just outrageous.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Privacy violation lol.

You probably copied your build off YouTube anyway.

Just don’t play in spectator matches. It was in the patch notes and blog from the start.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

Lol, your response is not smart as you think it is in my opinion.
You know that almost all servers have spectator mode.
You know that without duels in browser, only thing left is tourny?
I’m not forced to participate in, but I want to, and is not fair that I can’t because of privacy violations.

What you said feels like this:
*It’s like if your mother puts cameras in the bathroom.
You want to go wash yourself but you don’t want her and others to see you…
You go to her and confrotn her, telling her that you don’t want to be spied.
And she tells you back: Son.. “it’s still an option that you are not forced to participate in”. isn’t it?

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

Privacy violation lol.

Just don’t play in spectator matches. It was in the patch notes and blog from the start.

Broah, let me explain how builds works.
You start playing the pvp. Or you just switched to a new class in pvp.
*You copy your build from youtube,friends that want to tell you, webpages….etc
*After a while you start getting experience and you chose the build you prefer to play with.
*After another while, you start evolving that build into your own personal build.
(Most of people probably even tried making their own build from the grounds up, sadly, most of that attempts were a fail. The ones that were not are the build we know now.)

in PvP

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

And this needs yet another thread because…. ?

in PvP

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

Someone that wants to give his build, will give his build away no need for making it visible to everyone.
If you don’t want to, like me and probably not less than 90% of players is this just outrageous.

Where is the -1 button? :S

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Privacy violation lol.

Broah, let me explain how builds works.
You start playing the pvp. Or you just switched to a new class in pvp.
*You copy your build from youtube,friends that want to tell you, webpages….etc
*After a while you start getting experience and you chose the build you prefer to play with.
*After another while, you start evolving that build into your own personal build.
(Most of people probably even tried making their own build from the grounds up, sadly, most of that attempts were a fail. The ones that were not are the build we know now.)

My point still stands. Either play in tournaments or non spectator matches if you think it’s such a big deal.

Every competitive game in the world allows for build visibility by spectators. It’s going to be a given, no amount of whinging will change that.

Option is on you.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

I’m not forced to participate in, but I want to, and is not fair that I can’t because of privacy violations.

And she tells you back: Son.. “it’s still an option that you are not forced to participate in”. isn’t it?

Did you seriously just compare your class traits to going to the bathroom I terms of privacy? Seems a bit of a long bow to draw on that one.

in PvP

Posted by: Demosthene.2195

Demosthene.2195

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

Did you seriously just compare your class traits to going to the bathroom I terms of privacy? Seems a bit of a long bow to draw on that one.

I did not compared it in term of privacy, but in terms of situation feelings similarity.
But even so.. in terms of privacy, you should be allowed to have your own privacy, even if is a game we are talking about.
I don’t get it.
Wouldn’t be better to do it my way:

*Make spectator mode exactly like it is now, but with a little extra option.
You are able to turn ON/OFF “Allow view build”

in PvP

Posted by: Masmar.1528

Masmar.1528

This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen on a video game forum.

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen on a video game forum.

People think in different ways.

Yes, sometimes people think in very silly ways that you yourself can’t even understand why they think that way…

Yes, people are silly.

People seem to want to create the 55Monk Build all over again.

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Somebody is upset that people can see their terrible build.

“Hmm, this guy is running 0 0 30 30… erm, where’s the other 10 points?”

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Somebody is upset that people can see their terrible build.

“Hmm, this guy is running 0 0 30 30… erm, where’s the other 10 points?”

Probably this….

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

It’s not the build, it’s how you play it.

/thread.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Oddly enough I don’t get the complaints. Spectator mode has helped more than it hurts. With spectator mode I’ve helped mutiple players who don’t know about their classes traits or about ICD’s for sigils or builds that are not best for PVP to better themselves and get better gear/builds and coordinate for play.

Why in the world this bothers you I don’t get. Your build is not special. I can figure it out by watching you play. Get over it, There are only so many combo’s possible and anyone who plays their class long enough and actually understands the class they play, will be able to figure it out easily.

And I don’t sPVP so often that I can’t figure it out either.

The build doesn’t make the player. The player makes the build. So what if someone takes your build? If you are the better player, you will win. If not, then you will lose and no matter what build/class you play, you will lose to the better player.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in PvP

Posted by: shimzor.6057

shimzor.6057

Dont play naked!!!

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

Oddly enough I don’t get the complaints. Spectator mode has helped more than it hurts. With spectator mode I’ve helped mutiple players who don’t know about their classes traits or about ICD’s for sigils or builds that are not best for PVP to better themselves and get better gear/builds and coordinate for play.

Why in the world this bothers you I don’t get. Your build is not special. I can figure it out by watching you play. Get over it, There are only so many combo’s possible and anyone who plays their class long enough and actually understands the class they play, will be able to figure it out easily.

The build doesn’t make the player. The player makes the build. So what if someone takes your build? If you are the better player, you will win. If not, then you will lose and no matter what build/class you play, you will lose to the better player.

You speak like if you forgot that gw2 is a (scissors, paper, rock) game…… anyway…
Most of the stuff you said is kinda right I guess.
But is mostly just nice talk, if you know what I mean.
And yea, I can figure out what build someone is using too, is not hard… But still most of the times you can’t know →everything<- weapon sigils, runes…etc…
Now though, you just… click+click and you see everything in all details.

I don’t want people to copy me. And use my build.
I don’t mind give it to friends, because we are →friends<-.
But I don’t want some stranger to copy me.
Or some guy that I killed and then he will switch to this build.
Chefs don’t give away their recipes, do they?

in PvP

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

You speak like if you forgot that gw2 is a (scissors, paper, rock) game…… anyway…
Most of the stuff you said is kinda right I guess.
But is mostly just nice talk, if you know what I mean.
And yea, I can figure out what build someone is using too, is not hard… But still most of the times you can’t know ->everything<- weapon sigils, runes…etc…
Now though, you just… click+click and you see everything in all details.

I don’t want people to copy me. And use my build.
I don’t mind give it to friends, because we are ->friends<-.
But I don’t want some stranger to copy me.
Or some guy that I killed and then he will switch to this build.
Chefs don’t give away their recipes, do they?

Why would this bother you? Why would you care of anyone copied your build?

I give out my build to anyone who wants, I could care less. As I said, your build isn’t special, not even your gear or runes or sigils. It can all be figured out just by watching.

I will state this again, your build doesn’t make you the better player. You will lose to the better player even if he copies your build. It doesn’t give you some magical edge. I’m sure Phantaram can woop my kitten using some random build on his elementalist vs mine because he is the better player. Even if he gave me his build (which I know) and faced him with it, he would still win.

Why would you care? Seriously. Give me a real legit reason why you should care if anyone uses the exact same setup as you. You feel special for making what you run? I promise you there is someone playing this game who is using the exact same build/gear and you don’t even know it. Hell, I’m betting that someone even made it before you did, and quit the game.

You will not lose because someone will copy your build. If your build becomes OP and the next FOTM, someone will figure it out anyway and everyone will use it then anyway.

Your caring about this boggles me.

Edit – And comparing your build to a chef’s recipe is laughable at best. Considering the complexity to cooking (of which dwarfs the build diversity in GW2) shows that you don’t get that there are few viable builds/trait lines and very few synergies that actually exist within classes traits. One of the main reasons that the 0/10/0/30/30 build on the elementalist was considered so OP was because that build has something few others do, real synergy between traits/utilities and gear. There are only a few builds (a handful) for all the classes that have that level of synergy. Oh and even with cooking, you can figure out the recipes. Plus, chef’s do give out their recipes, it’s called a cooking show and chef cookbooks.

Just because you have the recipe, doesn’t mean you can make it as good as that chef can. Exactly like the build. Just because I might have your build doesn’t mean I will have the same success you will have with it.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

(edited by Raif.9507)

in PvP

Posted by: SerratedOcean.7398

SerratedOcean.7398

I would only complain if GW2 Builds were a complex thing, but its really not…so I don’t care if they see my build. Skills takes precedent over builds. Plus the beauty of it all even if they see your build/gears/runges/sigils they have to figure out the rationale behind it, which will be a mystery until they figure it out how it synergizes with the play style. Once they figure that out they have to put into practice which translate to skills.

in PvP

Yiyojin.3241

Why would this bother you? Why would you care of anyone copied your build?

I give out my build to anyone who wants, I could care less. As I said, your build isn’t special, not even your gear or runes or sigils. It can all be figured out just by watching.

I will state this again, your build doesn’t make you the better player. You will lose to the better player even if he copies your build. It doesn’t give you some magical edge. I’m sure Phantaram can woop my kitten using some random build on his elementalist vs mine because he is the better player. Even if he gave me his build (which I know) and faced him with it, he would still win.

Why would you care? Seriously. Give me a real legit reason why you should care if anyone uses the exact same setup as you. You feel special for making what you run? I promise you there is someone playing this game who is using the exact same build/gear and you don’t even know it. Hell, I’m betting that someone even made it before you did, and quit the game.

You will not lose because someone will copy your build. If your build becomes OP and the next FOTM, someone will figure it out anyway and everyone will use it then anyway.

Your caring about this boggles me.

Edit – And comparing your build to a chef’s recipe is laughable at best. Considering the complexity to cooking (of which dwarfs the build diversity in GW2) shows that you don’t get that there are few viable builds/trait lines and very few synergies that actually exist within classes traits. One of the main reasons that the 0/10/0/30/30 build on the elementalist was considered so OP was because that build has something few others do, real synergy between traits/utilities and gear. There are only a few builds (a handful) for all the classes that have that level of synergy. Oh and even with cooking, you can figure out the recipes. Plus, chef’s do give out their recipes, it’s called a cooking show and chef cookbooks.

Just because you have the recipe, doesn’t mean you can make it as good as that chef can. Exactly like the build. Just because I might have your build doesn’t mean I will have the same success you will have with it.

I don’t care if somebody made it before. And I know that my build is not special. Probably a decent amount of people use a similar one and somebody probably even the exact same one.
I told you why I don’t want people to copy me…
It’s simple. There should be an option On/Of “Allow view build”
And bdw, build in gw2 means a lot. Don’t forget this is scissors,paper,rock system game.
You sad you don’t play a lot of pvp.
Well in WvW there are other stuff that make the difference as well.
Let me count them for you.
good Armor, good weapons,level, experience in fights, how skilled a person is, build, skills, class…….
Now… In PVP though there are only this factors.
experience in fights, how skilled a person is, build, skills, class…….
Gw2 is NOT BALANCED.
Every build has counters.
Being skilled as a player means a lot I agree with that! But How can I explain it to you! In gw2, build a>Build b> build c > build a

This have nothing to do with the topic or with that I was saying before, I just wanted to explain to you that build means something here and that you are wrong saying that build means nothing!

(edited by Yiyojin.3241)

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Dude, relax.

Trait inspection is here to stay. Don’t like it? Don’t play those arenas. Pretty simple.

You and your mysterious build aren’t even on arena nets radar a d neither would your complaint be.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

7th thread of same topic with different title that ive personally encountered…..7th time people have said custom arenas have options to turn off for this…not all spvp servers have spectator mode….tpvp doesnt have spectator mode….and no one wants to see your kittenty build anyway. Hell your leet pro awesome build in spvp that everyone is copying probably sucks in competitive tpvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Amplifier.1704

Amplifier.1704

Learn to play with your build and you have nothing to worry. When people copy your build you can still kill them if you just have the skill, so it’s L2P- issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Who cares, in hot join you can be in top 3 players of team even without traits probably.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Privacy is all subjective.
People do survive just fine in nudist colonies.

Anyways, if a build plays well for you and you love it…
What more could you want??

If you think saying ‘no one else can come by this build I love without figuring it out for themselves’ is really nothing but a terribly self minded attempt at feeling like a special snowflake, and that sort of idea is going to jive well with any sort of sympathetic somewhat rational people…

Yeah, your weird.

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Good builds are like trade secrets.

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

It’s outrageous. People can see my nickname and if they get killed they also see which skills/conditions and by whom.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

If we were playing GW1, than yes I’d agree with this. Having acces to hundreds of skills, making an unique build is really fun and rewarding (heck I even had a E/A that uses dagger skills and I won most scrims with it).
But in GW2 there aren’t many variables. So no, imo there is no realy privacy violation.

Personal I love speccing someone to see how they react to situation from another camera (than facing them). I mostly don’t care about their traits, I just want to find weaknesses in their reactions.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

people who have some super secret build usually have crap builds with traits that don’t have synergy and they think it’s some unique butterfly build. kinda like the guy who made that best pvp specs thread and they were all terrible

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

Let me get this straight.

1.First you buy a game.
2.You notice is an online game.
3.In fact it an MMO game.
4.You start off with X character.
5.You ask in game and in forums about different builds and different traits.
6.You get more experienced and you create your “own” build which is extremely similar to other builds out there.
7.You then come on forums and state that you should have the option of not “sharing” your “own” build which was build by asking in game and in forums.
8. You also claim “Outrageous privacy violation” when there is NOTHING unique about a single build in an MMO community which it was responsible for making it your build.

Say what?

To cut it short, your build is not your build but it was a build created via collective effort.

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

its not like u cant figure out some1s build by checking their hp and playing against em for a while lol

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Also as others have stated join tourneys or non spectator mode servers…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Just be happy your build can be only seen in spectator mode, other games usually let people inspect you in any zone.

Also joining a custom arena is not a “need” like washing your private parts. You can play the game without joining custom arenas with spectator mode, but i dont think you can live without cleaning ur parts, ugh.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Just don’t go under observer mode, or just use something else for that…problem solved.

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

You do realize that there is nothing private about your build because it is included in every copy of the game sold?

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.