Passive Skills!

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Hello my frands at Arenanet! Vee Wee has a suggestion for you! You know how when Doom Sigil or Intelligence Sigil is about to proc, there is a little buff icon where your boons are that tells you it’s about to proc! It’s very useful! It’s also useful for people playing against you to see whether your next hit will be a guaranteed crit or inflict poison or whatever! The same thing should be applied to things like Dhuumfire and Shared Anguish and Incendiary Powder and all that jazz! It just makes sense!

If not a buff icon then maybe an animation aura! When off cooldown, Incendiary Powder could make the Engi’s hands glow orange! Reaper’s Protection could give the Necromancer a swirly black Necro smoke aura! You get the idea! This will eliminate a lot of randomness from PvP! Any Engi players here? Every try to Magnet a Ranger? It never works! Shared Anguish! Immune! Immune! Immune! Geez louise so frustrating!

Speaking of Magnet, please work on these desyncs. Literally every other Magnet pulls someone halfway and then they skip back to where they were! Sometimes I pull people off ledges, hit them with Prybar, and they reappear on that ledge with the confusion stacks! It’s insane! But that’s a topic for another thread! One issue at a time my frands! Wahoo!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

15 Characters Bump

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

I’m all for this.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Honestly, I can’t see Shared Anguish or Reaper’s Protection being so useful.

As for Dhuumfire – if Condi Necro stays in DS and bothers to cast Life Blast during offensive phase, guess what, he probably wants to proc Dhuumfire.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

The only argument I can think of against this is that it would make the (de)buff bar too cluttered... but when all the junk from a Guild Heroes Banner and other non-PvP boosts shows up in PvP, I don’t see any problem with adding more *useful* icons too.

Would only be one or two per class, anyway - and it’d certainly remove a lot of the random effects that proc without warning.

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

good luck doing this for air sigil, but the idea is not wrong

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: Tris.8327

Tris.8327

I don’t think anyone suggested this for on-crit runes?

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

I don’t think anyone suggested this for on-crit runes?

He suggested it for incendiary powder which is on crit, too.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Really, you need more tells for Dhuumfire? When it was passively applied prior to it’s transfer to Death Shroud I could understand, but now that you need to enter Death Shroud to apply it… If they’re a condition Necro, it should be a big enough tell that they’re going to try to slap some burning on you when they go all black and smokey looking. It’s not like Life Blast is even a very fast projectile.

And as for Rangers, maybe it’s just me but I could honestly swear that Shared Anguish only works half the time. Yes it has an ICD but I seem to get CC’d at times when the trait should clearly have prevented that.

As for the suggestions you’ve made as a whole, I vote no. This game is designed for casuals and is so easy to play as is it’s almost painful sometimes. The fact that there are even tournaments is like entering your kid in to a T-ball tournament. The only difference between regular T-ball and a tournament is that you get a shiney trophy. Everyone participating is just as mediocre as the next person. So I don’t think we need any more ways of making this game easier. But that’s just my two cents.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Guys, let’s turn players into walking clouds of particle effects.

It’d be ugly and it would obscure already poorly defined attack animations. Stop deluding yourself that GW2 PvP will ever be good at any point in history without a drastic overhaul of the game’s fundamental balance philosophy, engine physics and developer staff.

Also the way that you type game me cancer. Makes sense, though, since you play a cancerous class.

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It’d be ugly and it would obscure already poorly defined attack animations. Stop deluding yourself that GW2 PvP will ever be good at any point in history without a drastic overhaul of the game’s fundamental balance philosophy, engine physics and developer staff.

Also the way that you type game me cancer. Makes sense, though, since you play a cancerous class.

An overhaul, yes, but to the game’s systems.

The trait and skill systems should have been a single one, so that instead of 14 passive procs, we would get 14 customisable skills OR half-half for either. The combat system should have an universal resource mechanic for a slower pace, instead of its current skill spamming state where information is overloaded to the player (both in the UI and in the particle effects). The concept for competitive AI builds should be reshaped, so it has more interesting counterplay other than “aoe spam!” or “no melee range!”, and so that it demands more skillful playing from the user. Other mechanics need more counterplay too.

Will something like this ever happen? After two years since the game is out? With how slowly balance patches have been? With the low pvp budget and the lack of iteration so far?

More realistic to just wait for GW3. :/

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

All buffs should have special visual effect like protection

Passive Skills!

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Dhuumfire may not have been the best example! But for things like Shared Anguish and Incendiary Powder and some sigils and runes, Vee Wee thinks this should be in the game!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis