PvE players farm r50 in 2 weeks, disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Delete the accounts of players that have joined a topic with trollercoaster and writing pointless posts inside.

KThxBai

I agree. Anet, delete his account as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091 your character “Captain Deutschland” looks like a very unpopular german politican from the past:

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3404/sadr6dgo_jpg.htm

I hope you gave me the 1g for the picture. I haz copyright.

Jk. :P

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

Yes the farm is silly, yes it needs to be looked at.

But in every MMO there will be something very similar to this.

For those that do farm this rank, ok they farm it, it doesnt mean they are any good at actual spvp? Go into tournies, go solo go team, find these players and beat them at the game they have been ranking up in.

Show that you can complain just as well as you can spvp.

The only option atm I see is to abandon rank point accumulation in arenas, it should never really have been possible to rank up there. Imho only tournies and solo queues for tournies you should rank up. Making the player base and community a lot more solid especially in competitive play rather than just farming for a rank for gear. That way the pve players and the spvpers could play in harmony

+1 on agreeing to do something about it, but at the end of the day accusing eachother of different acts of farming and general trolling behaviour wont help the situation, other than anet looking at the thread and saying ‘oh no another thread of complaints that turns into trolling’.

Maybe create a thread where you can select the answqers you want and that are relevant to the subject line.

Cheers

Jebro

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

It is pointless, even if they “fix” this, the harm has been done, farmers are mostly above rank 50. it took me over 1 year to get to 40. So basically i have literally NOTHING to show for my effort as a PvP player.

ty A-net

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

It is pointless, even if they “fix” this, the harm has been done, farmers are mostly above rank 50. it took me over 1 year to get to 40. So basically i have literally NOTHING to show for my effort as a PvP player.

ty A-net

It is late, but if they fix it, at least the number of farmed ranks won’t grow. 2 years later, if we may actually have some changes for PvP (yeah like a miracle) and the population starts to grow, your rank will matter again, because skyhammer famers will be a very low % + newbies flock in and won’t have this to farm their rank. But if they just say “whatever, harm has been done already” – then this will get worse day by day

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

What exactly is stopping you from quitting…?

inb4ithazpotential

Skyhammer

o_______________o

dafu?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

At least they won’t get to 70+ or even 80….from 20- lol

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Simple solution…

Start over. Rank progression was implemented so badly and left for so long that you need to create a new system that rewards tourney wins and ignores custom/hot join. Tie the rewards to the new Rank system that actually rewards playing the game correctly instead of gaming the system.

Since this thread is still refusing to go away I can’t resist a little self-quoting.

I’ll even go a bit further to say that creating a new system by peak ladder status would be a good way to go (really they should fix the ladder first, but I digress). You can’t game the system to get to high ladder rank anywhere near as easy as you can skyhammer farm. It is simple, functional and puts rewards where rewards belong, in rated play.

in PvP

Volrath.1473

ty A-net

It is late, but if they fix it, at least the number of farmed ranks won’t grow. 2 years later, if we may actually have some changes for PvP (yeah like a miracle) and the population starts to grow, your rank will matter again, because skyhammer famers will be a very low % + newbies flock in and won’t have this to farm their rank. But if they just say “whatever, harm has been done already” – then this will get worse day by day

in 2 years well all be playing something else. by the looks of things and the way this game is developed, one thing i’m sure of, the pvp community will not grow in this game. On the contrary, the fewer players we have the more will leave due to long queues and unbalanced teams.

Imo A-net had everything to make this game the best in the busyness but they screwed up… not once, not twice but multiple times, and once ppl start leaving, there is no turning back.

It was awesome wile it lasted and had patience and hope, now it’s just torture.
I got allot better and more present things to do and games to play then submit myself to the frustration this game inflicts…

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Anet is trying to mitigate the problem to prevent further exploiting in the future. In addition to that, there are three options:

1. Do nothing about the exploiters. Exploiters benefit, legitimate players suffer.

2. Ban major exploiters, suspend minor exploiters. Exploiters suffer, legitimate players benefit.

3. Reset the rank system. Exploiters suffer, legitimate players suffer. Players who are new to sPvP would benefit, and this could open the door to a PvP reward overhaul.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Volrath.1473

Anet is trying to mitigate the problem to prevent further exploiting in the future. In addition to that, there are three options:

1. Do nothing about the exploiters. Exploiters benefit, legitimate players suffer.

2. Ban major exploiters, suspend minor exploiters. Exploiters suffer, legitimate players benefit.

3. Reset the rank system. Exploiters suffer, legitimate players suffer. Players who are new to sPvP would benefit, and this could open the door to a PvP reward overhaul.

if they decide to reset all and throw 1 year of pvp out the window ill shift+del the game and forget it ever existed. about 6 years ago i quit wow when 2k arena points were taken from me due to a patch bug and they refused to give them back to me.

I’m only rank 40 but i reached it legitimately, they have no right to take that from me.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’d go with the second option. Major exploiters would have their rank reset to one, or to whatever it was before they started abusing it.

Minor exploiters couldn’t earn any glory/rank for a certain amount of time.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

I was going to make a similar post, but basically:
- Option 1 is easy to implement as it requires no work from their part (do nothing),
- Option 2 is probably impossible to do as there is a 99.99% chance they don’t have the possibility of tracking who earned what and where,
- Option 3 is a lot of work and is hard to implement in a satisfying way for exploiters and legitimate players (everyone suffers, unless they are really smart about it). Can happen during an expansion though (where resets are accepted generally).

Basically, they screwed up and I would bet it’s going to be option 1, because it’s the cheapest and they realistically don’t have the resources to do more than that at this stage, and there are more pressing issues with PvP than this (plus you, as a player, will never have the proof that player X or Y farmed skyhammer, and so your claims regarding this issue can easily be dismissed on lack of evidence).

Any deviation from this will be a bonus, but don’t count on it basically.

(edited by Flamfloz.6732)

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

They knew exactly wich guy bought how many items from that bugged karma vendor to get some easy gold.
So they’ll have to have some data of the people that just kittened up the whole rank system in pvp. They can’t just do nothing about the people that abused this so much..

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Flamfloz.6732

if they decide to reset all and throw 1 year of pvp out the window ill shift+del the game and forget it ever existed. about 6 years ago i quit wow when 2k arena points were taken from me due to a patch bug and they refused to give them back to me.

I’m only rank 40 but i reached it legitimately, they have no right to take that from me.

I don’t think ultimately the solution would be to “reset” as such, but make the current ranks easy to obtain – and almost meaningless, so the exploiters have literally wasted their time – (so the current ranks would become “green rabbit → green dragon ranks” that would be obtainable in, say, 1-3 months) and create a new set of ranks (“yellow → red → black”) with more and more time needed to be invested for these.
Color of the finishers would tell how much you play basically. Or some stuff like that.

Nobody loses, but in truth everyone loses (exploiters lose more, though, because they just invested only in those ranks, whereas the assumption will be that other legitimate players had pleasure playing PvP and accumulated ranks too on their way). But it’s extra work.

in PvP

Flamfloz.6732

They knew exactly wich guy bought how many items from that bugged karma vendor to get some easy gold.
So they’ll have to have some data of the people that just kittened up the whole rank system in pvp. They can’t just do nothing about the people that abused this so much..

I bet you they can.

And, to clarify, I’d like to be proven wrong about this (of course) but if you are holding your breath for this, please don’t – this is very likely going to end in disappointment.

PS: also, as far as we are aware, glory farming in Skyhammer is legal and tolerated.

(edited by Flamfloz.6732)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP. Your issue is that you think PvP rank means something. It doesn’t. Once you understand that, you will not care what levels other people are. Just have fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Can’t wait till they add rewards to pvp and the skyhammer heros cash out.
Oh wait that’s probably not going to happen anymore because
skyhammer heros ruined it for everybody.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

@OP. Your issue is that you think PvP rank means something. It doesn’t. Once you understand that, you will not care what levels other people are. Just have fun.

If you would have read some parts of this thread, you would know, that it is not just about the rank.
First of all, even if Rank doesnt mean anything, it is almost the only “Ranking-System”(Sry 4 the Pun) PvP has.
Especially, as Rank is what you need for getting Skins in PvP.
Additionally, if the Reward System of PvP will get redone (probably in 2020) the Skyhammer Farmer will profit most.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

simple fix

delete actual ranks – ALL
and bring new ranks based on games won

you arenanet guys have the data and should be no problem – even for you

thx

edit: before i forget – the players having lower rank than 10 after you deletet it and gave new you should give perma title “Skyhammer Noob” and let them die all 10 minutes finished by a skyhammer from wherever

AND you should give them all a ban from MY TEAM in SoloQ matches – i dont care for them in enemyteam how i dont care for others

so just safe me

thx

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

If you’d read the second half of the first line of my post i would really appreciate that.

And as others said, it’s not just about that. It’s also about explaoiting and after 1 year of 0 reward to PvP players, PvE players will be rewarded the most. It’s about 1, now clearly wasted year.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Andrew.4506

Andrew.4506

ITT: A lot of players mad about a pointless number that has never indicated anything except for how much time you spend in hotjoins.

in PvP

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

ITT: A lot of players mad about a pointless number that has never indicated anything except for how much time you spend in hotjoins.

A constructive post by a genius! God why don’t you just post in EVERY thread? Your clever use of ITT: had me in bouts of giggles. Giggles!

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Now that devs are actively looking on PvP topics and i see loads of pretty good things coming, what about Skyhammer farm? Won’t it affect the new reward system? Will hotjoin ever be nerfed properly?

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Theres just 1 solution: perma ban for every exploiter, like anet did it in GW1. Took them months over there as well to react, but they did in a great way!

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

We’ve taken a few steps to address this so far (turning off tournament commands, disabling glory gain if tournament commands are enabled, rewarding glory at the end of the match), and we are continuing to work toward completely stopping this behavior.

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

We’ve taken a few steps to address this so far (turning off tournament commands, disabling glory gain if tournament commands are enabled, rewarding glory at the end of the match), and we are continuing to work toward completely stopping this behavior.

Will there be any rollbacks on the people that got tons of glory from this? Atm glory doesn’t mean much but if there’s going to be a glory2gold conversion I don’t want Pve players to get rewarded for doing nothing but purposefully dying in skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

That’s great and all Allie. However are you going to do anything to the people that already severely abused and exploited this?

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

stoping is only 1 side of the coin. reverting it back is the other.

thats the same like pve-gaunlet goldfarm. u made a mistake but really suffering where only the players that play the game it was intended to play. actually the last couple of farmingspots u provided in pve and now in pvp shows that there is no punishment to exploit something. and that alone is a poor behavior cause it kicks all normal players in the balls.

in PvP

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

ty A-net

Do you play for your own enjoyment or to show other people that you play the game?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

ty A-net

Do you play for your own enjoyment or to show other people that you play the game?

u would rethink your post if a proper rewardsystem is implemented and glory can suddenly be spend on usefull things and u suffer. its like the pve-farmers how they increase the price on something.. u need to think further

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

For my own enjoyment, but everyone wants to archieve something. Rank is the only thing you can archieve in pvp, so its not that funny if people archieve the same by suiciding for 2 weeks while honest players have to play 1 year for it…

If you could get an legendary or gaining thousands of archievement-points by exploit in some hours, i bet there would be an instant rollback.

in PvP

Posted by: Mirror.7125

Mirror.7125

The patch notes are missing, but glory and rank points are awarded at the end of the match now. This means no more rejoining to reset your glory cap. This still is not all the changes we’ll make. More to come later.

It’s too late, you need to reset ranks and make a total new reward system or its just unfair and really dumb for every normal pvp player.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

They won’t revert any glory gain guys, stop deluding yourselves.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

That’s great and all Allie. However are you going to do anything to the people that already severely abused and exploited this?

The thing is you need to exploit early in gw2 before it gets patched as long as you don’t gain massive gold you won’t get banned

in PvP

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

Who cares about rank? If you good player, you will win Those 50-60r farmers.
It’s so funny when you see 40+ r at the bottom scoreboard, guys who made unforgivable mistake during match. Not saying to offense someone, but mostly warriors (also best pve farmers) necromancers and engineers.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

It’s so funny when you see 40+ r at the bottom scoreboard, guys who made unforgivable mistake during match. Not saying to offense someone, but mostly warriors (also best pve farmers) necromancers and engineers.

Thanks for letting me know that a higher score=a better player

in PvP

Malik.6781

Actually it does, should I explain what happen when score is 500:500?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Is there still someone thinking more points = better player here? Go play bunker guardian and hold mid for the whole match maybe vs necros, engis and wars making them leave after losing some time…then look at your points and see how bad you are compared to dat s\d thief who just spammed flanking strike on everyone around…

If you’re talking bout hotjoin well..more aoe = more points and if you treb mid for some minutes you’re da best player ever..

lol

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Gandarel.5091 your character “Captain Deutschland” looks like a very unpopular german politican from the past:

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3404/sadr6dgo_jpg.htm

And….god, it’s awesome…

Charlie Chaplin was never unpopular.

in PvP

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

So far I had like 3-4 games which ended 500-500 and I played 2.5-3k tournament games. in order to get rank points from a kill you simply need to hit him once for example in a team fight a thief can attack 1 target and get points from once or two persons yet a necro spamming kitten from 1200 range out of danger can get points from all 4-5 ppl in the fight. It is irrelevant how much rank points you make in 1 game. I call people who thick otherwise with one simple word NOOB .

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Will there be any rollbacks on the people that got tons of glory from this? Atm glory doesn’t mean much but if there’s going to be a glory2gold conversion I don’t want Pve players to get rewarded for doing nothing but purposefully dying in skyhammer.

They will probably give you a week to spend all your glory and then reset it to something different.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Oh yeah, well I told all ya’ll for awhile this was going on. Nobody does anything until the damage has been done.

Whoever mentioned about taking a year to get to rank 40 while others get to rank 50 in one week, yup I feel your pain. Play GW2 to have fun and rank up at same time, but appearently others can just abuse the system and make rank pointless to earn because you have people who get to rank 50 in a week.

in PvP

Malik.6781

So far I had like 3-4 games which ended 500-500 and I played 2.5-3k tournament games. in order to get rank points from a kill you simply need to hit him once for example in a team fight a thief can attack 1 target and get points from once or two persons yet a necro spamming kitten from 1200 range out of danger can get points from all 4-5 ppl in the fight. It is irrelevant how much rank points you make in 1 game. I call people who thick otherwise with one simple word NOOB .

Ok, I’m a noob, that’s only your opinion. So let us know, which team will win If they ending up with 500:500 score. And remember, bad players never wins a match.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Skyhammer is like the IWAY of Guild Wars 1

“It made our rank useless. i Quit!!!!!!!!11111”

kittening deja vu. Reminds me of the old times. Hahahha.

“These IWAY players are getting tigers in no time. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk!”.

Hahahhaha.

kittening epic. Life repeats itself indeed.

in PvP

Malik.6781

Lil they fine, its just like young kids pretending to be adult, anyways everyone can recognize that. I stopped my activity in mists since condition meta patch. By this time I got r34 90% in tpvp. I don’t want to say that, I’m good player, but do have champion illusionist and shadow titles, and theses guys for me a joke.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Skyhammer is like the IWAY of Guild Wars 1

“It made our rank useless. i Quit!!!!!!!!11111”

kittening deja vu. Reminds me of the old times. Hahahha.

“These IWAY players are getting tigers in no time. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk!”.

Hahahhaha.

kittening epic. Life repeats itself indeed.

The difference is 90% of the Skyhammer farmers couldn’t even win as an IWAY.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

This reminds me of Gunbound xD

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I wonder if people would have it harder to get into PvP if hotjoin didn’t reward them with anything. It is an MMO after all.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

The best way to stop people abusing this is to not make it murder to rank up in Spvp. It takes like a week to get 15k points.