PvP Cultural Armor and The Emperor Title

in PvP

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glory_Rewards_Vendor
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Emperor%27s_New_Wardrobe
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/PvP-Cultural-Armor-Emperor-Title-Answered/first#post3839376

Is it fair that PvP cultural armor did not count towards the achievements/title? I spent a bunch of glory and gold getting two T3 sets from that Glory Rewards Vendor, and now I have the skins unlocked in the wardrobe but not the progress towards the achievement. Maybe I would be more alright with it if all I had spent was glory, but honestly I think even the PvP cultural armor that people crafted with PvP mats should count towards the achievement.

Should this be changed, or is it fine how it is now without the armor counting towards the achievement? How should it be fixed, or why should it not be fixed?

I think people put just as much work (if not more) into getting the PvP versions as people who got the PvE versions, so they should count towards the achievement. Maybe the achievement could be tied to the skins unlocked in your wardrobe as apposed to the equipment being soulbound upon purchase. Of course, I don’t know exactly how the system/programming works in this respect, so maybe this would be very difficult to do.

PS: This seemed like the most appropriate subforum to post in.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Why did you expect something to be given to pvp players?

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

Well, I’m hoping for it. I think they have been making good changes overall. This issue is probably minor, but I’m hoping it’s also easy enough to fix. Then again maybe I’m the only one who was silly enough to buy those PvP cultural armors, and this will never get fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

ya what this guy said..

Only expect things to be taken away. For example, the PvP slot bags. I can no longer get my pvp 20 slot bags anymore, thanks to them not caring.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

ya what this guy said..

Only expect things to be taken away. For example, the PvP slot bags. I can no longer get my pvp 20 slot bags anymore, thanks to them not caring.

Indeed. When I started PvP, I only had eye for the bags. Now you can only get all this PvE crap. I suppose you can sell them then buy bags with gold, but I want my bags of glory.

Glory could have been an exchange currency like gems… but I’m dreaming. When have they ever made PvPers happy?

Sorry Anet, I know you tried. But the fact remains that 70% of my friends are not playing anymore because you don’t really listen.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

Since I actually care about this issue, I’d like to try and keep this on topic and not have it turn into a general “ANet why?” thread. I appreciate the bumps, but I’d rather have people give their opinions on this specific topic by contributing their ideas of why it should/shouldn’t be changed and how it could be changed.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Well, okay. Sorry for derailing the thread.

Should it be changed? Yes. No matter how you obtained it, it should count towards armor collection. We don’t know how they check progress towards the title though. Perhaps only when you buy the armor with gold.

How should it be changed? Maybe they should change it to recognising the skin in your wardrobe. I’ll also say that since this PvP Cultural for glory thing was months ago, it is a very minor feature and they are not likely to go over it even at our suggestions. Ask for help at support maybe?

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

Well, okay. Sorry for derailing the thread.

No problem. We all have issues we are passionate about, so it becomes common for threads to get derailed. I just want this to be as productive as possible =)

Should it be changed? Yes. No matter how you obtained it, it should count towards armor collection. We don’t know how they check progress towards the title though. Perhaps only when you buy the armor with gold.

How should it be changed? Maybe they should change it to recognising the skin in your wardrobe. I’ll also say that since this PvP Cultural for glory thing was months ago, it is a very minor feature and they are not likely to go over it even at our suggestions. Ask for help at support maybe?

Thanks for your input! Yea, from what I understand the achievement currently only progresses when you buy the armor with gold from the PvE cultural armor vendor. The sPvP vendor sold the T3 sets for 60g and 60k glory instead of just 120g like the PvE vendor, but it did not count towards the achievements.

I actually did contact support about this

To the Support Team,

Before April 15 update, I bought the Sylvari Tier 3 Medium Armor Box and the Asura Tier 3 Light Armor Box for 60 gold and 60,000 glory each from the Glory Rewards Vendor. I now have the skins in my wardrobe, but I do not have the credit towards the achievements Asuran Specialty Armors and Sylvari Specialty Armors. I really want to get these achievements, but I can’t figure out how to get credit without spending another 240 gold to buy something I already bought and already have the skins for. I’m really hoping there is some way to get this worked out through customer support, but if not, I hope it’s something that eventually gets fixed for everyone. I think there are a decent number of us who fell into this trap and would greatly appreciate it changed.

Thank you for your time,

but I think I may have not been clear enough and was misunderstood or possibly just disregarded, because they replied saying that they don’t give refunds for glory purchases for these items. Maybe I should try again and make clear that I don’t want a refund, I just want the achievement progress. I wonder if this is something they could/would do on a case by case basis through support.

in PvP

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

if they reward the kittening title this way, I require they to refund all my money and time I spent on it.

in PvP

NiftyNags.7946

if they reward the kittening title this way, I require they to refund all my money and time I spent on it.

Good to have some different viewpoints. Would you mind expanding on this? You don’t think the 60g and 60k glory is an equal and fair amount of “money and time” compared to 120g? I think 60k glory took at least as much time to obtain as 60g (especially considering the many lucrative gold making activities that have existed throughout the game), but, to back up my position, I may try and do some calculations to estimate the amounts of time that were needed.

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

Is it fair that PvP cultural armor did not count towards the achievements/title?

Absolutely NOT. Having bought 1 Sylvari T3, 1 Norn T2 and much more in my PvP playtime, I can wager that 60K Glory and 60 gold takes the same or in my opinion way more efforts to get in PvP than 120 gold in PvE. It only makes sense that our hard work receive the same recognition.

How should the change be implemented?

Easy. Make the achievement track the skin unlocks themselves instead of soul-binding the armors. Since at this point the PvP culturals won’t return to the game (while the wardrobe skins do remain) tracking the armors would be impossible since they are destroyed on logging in. Tracking the skin unlocks is therefore a more feasible and applicable solution.

…like many things they could have done for PvP, all they have to do is care and make these small changes.

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Jerry Attrick.5963

Jerry Attrick.5963

Is it fair that PvP cultural armor did not count towards the achievements/title?

It should have counted towards the title. I made the mistake of buying every cultural armor with my glory and gold. Now, because it didn’t unlock the title, I have to rebuy every cultural piece in PvE. I should have just used all my glory at crafting dyes, selling on TP, and then using gold to buy the PvE versions. So much for making PvP rewards hold the same value as PvE.

How should the change be implemented?

As others have said. They should track if the skin has been unlocked, not if it has been bought from the vendor.