PvP rewards and gear in the near future

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

By any chance, is ANET planning on making things such as Medium armor accessible to Heavy armor classes for example by any chance in the near future?

It’d be nice if you could combine Heavy, Medium, and Light armor on a profession.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Probably not, no.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

How about an answer from a dev? Could this kind of update actually hurt though?

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

That seems pretty unlikely. There are several reasons, one of which is that it would hurt clarity. You’d no longer be able to glance at a guy in heavy armor and immediately he’s a warrior or a guardian.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

I see. Fair enough.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

The lines are already blurring, though. As ArenaNet releases more interesting and creative cosmetic gear, it may detract from the clarity anyways.

Even now, there are cloth armor skins that have gigantic shoulder epaulettes that you’d expect would only be seen on heavy armors. Likewise, female heavy armor users have leggings that look like big, flowing dresses that you’d think only clothies would be wearing. Then you have Asuras, where it doesn’t matter what they’re wearing – you still have to depend on looking at their class icons and abilities being used to know what class they are.

Homogenization is already occurring.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

If there is, not only in wvw, but also in pve, is to allow all wearable items with guild logo.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in PvP

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

That seems pretty unlikely. There are several reasons, one of which is that it would hurt clarity. You’d no longer be able to glance at a guy in heavy armor and immediately he’s a warrior or a guardian.

There’s already an issue with clarity – asuras, in a big teamfight with all the particle effects +fact that asuran model size is so small = sometimes you cant tell if it’s a warrior or a necromancer. Suggested idea by the op might actually be a solution to the problem – making things even for every race.
At the moment – racial advantage is a fact. Is there anything being done to address the issue? Otherwise OP’s suggestion is pretty legit.

in PvP

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

I’d rather see super rare mini-pets or back pieces. Mini-pets are not usable in PvP, so the separation is already there. Plus, as of right now I have absolutely no reason to spend my glory. If there was a 1/100 chance of getting a mini from a gold chest that would be awesome.

in PvP

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Right now i can’t tell what the smallest asura is casting from his animations because they are too tiny:P That is if they are further away.

in PvP

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

Clarity is already hurt by making only 3 armor types rather than one for each profession.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Clarity is already hurt by making only 3 armor types rather than one for each profession.

I would love for profession-specific gear, but I guess it’s unlikely too.

in PvP

Posted by: DDog.4350

DDog.4350

That would be awesome. My engineer feels like a thief now in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

As mentioned in my other thread. Specific profession gear that you could obtain would be nice. As you yourself pointed out not being able to glance over and know what someone is, can be a problem. Also you chose the gaurdian/warrior example…as it seems the most tame (one or the other), but realisticly its glance over and atleast you know that its a mesmer, necromancer, or elementalist. (assuming they’re holding a staff you wouldnt know untill they’re attacking you)