Questions about Glory Removal go here

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey everyone,

We’ve been noticing that a lot of you have questions about the Glory Removal update that is coming on March 18th in the maintenance build. So, I’m opening this thread up for everyone to post their questions here, and we will answer as much as we can.

Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Why aren’t people with tons of glory boosters being compensated with different boosters or something else instead of just deleting them?

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: Jerry Attrick.5963

Jerry Attrick.5963

Rachiia.6045 posted a question that I am looking forward to as well:

Do we need to put our PvP armor in our locker on 3/17 so it can get “converted” or can we leave it on our characters? I spent a lot of time getting my PvP characters armor the way I want and I would like to be able to bring that look over to PvE Land.

After watching the dev stream about glory it makes it sound like anything not in our lockers will not get the same benefits as what is in our lockers.

Also, why do I have to use up all my PvP crafting materials (again, referring to comments made on the dev stream)? Will I not be able to craft PvP related gear after 3/18? Or, is it because crafted gear after 3/18 was not in my locker during “the conversion” so I can’t bring it to PvE Land?

Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Will rank points remain the same?

Will sigils/amulets/runes still be free?

Will glory boosters be replaced with something else, both existing in inventory and as drops through chests?

How will we pay for rabbit/deer/dolyak etc. chests now that glory is going to be removed? If with gold, about how much per?

If with gold from above question, will pvp see a boost in rewards to compensate?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Glory boosters converted to rank points boosters working in tpvp only? Not in hj for god’s sake…

Oh and since glory is going to be removed i guess you’re, at least, planning to give higher rewards (Both gold and rank points) to compensate it right? Again don’t even think to buff hj rewards…it’s nough rewarding already for the effort it takes..everything i’m suggesting it’s for tpvp and soloq, no need for more chickens capping a point with 3 ppl..we need more players going tournament and better rewards for it it’s a good way to start. And set reward for loosers to 0 (yeah right…ZERO, NOTHING, NADA) like it was with ha’s fame, so no more leechers going for looser’s rewards and more actually playing to win.

Long story short…are you planning to make tpvp so profitable to bring more ppl into it while making them playing good and not just afking and leeching?

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

why are you hyping something that will not fix ANY of the real game breaking issues of guild wars 2 so much? People will not forget about your broken mmr, skyhammer, broken leaderboards, broken balance and faceroll mechanics. It doesn’t matter if I have a better way to get rewards if the game still sucks and isn’t fun.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Because fixing broken stuff (Pretty much…everything regarding pvp) is not about reward’s…

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

I wouldn’t mind glory boosters turning into an x amount gained consumable that is lesser than average glory gained in the hour of the buff.

What will happen to current and future pvp gear and will it remain account bound deposited into the locker?

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Similar question to Jerry Attrick:
Why should we salvage gear and get materials that will be useless and not keep gear to be converted later and salvage it in pve style? Or am i missing something? Will we be able to sell pvp materials to npc vendor, as tournament tickets, for some money?

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

why can’t i trade my 500 glory boosters into dyes,too hard?

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I am struggling to use up my glory boosters…

Chance are even through I have the buff going 100% of the time, I am still going to have loads left. Why not allow us to convert them directly to glory?

Each booster gets you 100 glory when you hand them in at a vendor. You still after spend all your glory of course…

Also, could you tell us what other stuff we need to use up before the changes?

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

So if I have this right…

Disappearing:
- Glory
- Glory Boosters
- PvP Salvage materials/items

Staying:
- Ranks/Rank Points
- Accumulated Match Reward chests (already in inventory)
- Accumulated Gear from Chests (already in locker, or on characters)

Is that correct?

What about the rank reward chests and their respective vendors?
Can you explain a little more about how the PvE and PvP gear will be merged? Is “merging” what will actually happen?

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Rachiia.6045 posted a question that I am looking forward to as well:

Do we need to put our PvP armor in our locker on 3/17 so it can get “converted” or can we leave it on our characters? I spent a lot of time getting my PvP characters armor the way I want and I would like to be able to bring that look over to PvE Land.

After watching the dev stream about glory it makes it sound like anything not in our lockers will not get the same benefits as what is in our lockers.

Also, why do I have to use up all my PvP crafting materials (again, referring to comments made on the dev stream)? Will I not be able to craft PvP related gear after 3/18? Or, is it because crafted gear after 3/18 was not in my locker during “the conversion” so I can’t bring it to PvE Land?

Thanks!

Would love to know the answer to this as well! I have worked very hard to collect everything I can. I also am holding off on many skins to convert because I am afraid I will lose them or not be able to use them in certain areas of the game!

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Hey everyone,

We’ve been noticing that a lot of you have questions about the Glory Removal update that is coming on March 18th in the maintenance build. So, I’m opening this thread up for everyone to post their questions here, and we will answer as much as we can.

Thanks!

What will happen to dust, crystal, slivers, orbs, rank/tournament tokens? will they just be removed as well?

Could you add some way to bulk buy dyes or something if they are just getting removed because there is no way in …. i’ll be spam clicking myself to RSI by crafting dyes.

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

I think the question on most peoples minds is why are you deleting glory boosters without any compensation for what people worked for everyday saving up or paid for in the gem store?

Don’t get me wrong I don’t want anything free or rewards that are greater than actually using the boosters, but a lot of people worked diligently on pvp dailies every day saving these up to use when they had time like summer break for school people or vacations for people that work.

Doesn’t seem fair that you are just trashing peoples money or hard work when there are many things that could be done with the boosters here are some:

1) turn them into glory (less than would have got if the booster had been used)

2) turn them into different boosters (rank boosters, forge them for random boosters)

3) let them be turned into a merchant for other items or small money amounts

4) let them be thrown into mystic forge 4 boosters = something random

5) there are many different approaches to this with out strait out deleting and making people feel all their work or money was for nothing; as I am sure if you just randomly deleted all the items from pve daily the pve players would not be too pleased as are the pvp players are now!

pvp players have been getting the bad deals since start such as initially no money karma basically anything else that could be used in the rest of the game for doing pvp. Just deleting the only items from pvp daily that could actually be saved up for some use a lot more will probably leave pvp since it does have a lot of faults now as people pointed out with 4v5, afk, leavers, and some bad rank matchup systems. As it stand those that played the legit way earning their rank and saving boosters to use when they had the free time are being punished for not glory farming their high ranks like all the skyhammer farmers did. maybe its just me but seems unfair!

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah. Biggest question for me is around the glory boosters as well. Seems the fair thing to do would be to allow people to try them in for another boosters.

in PvP

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

I’m not a pro PvP player but started to play recently and really like it. when i heard of this change the only things i wanted to know are:
1) What happens when you have glory when this kicks in? 100% remove 0% compensation?
2) glory boosters will those be compensated?
(most important in my eyes) RANK
3) will it be removed or does it stay?
4) will unlimited finishers still be attainable?
5) If not what will happen to this?

rank is most important in my eyes because of the gw1 fame. I loved to HA and get higher rank only to have an emote. got it up to 11.. now in gw2 i also want a nice emote! (wolf/tiger/shark)

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

@Allie: Thank you for making this thread. There are quite a few unanswered questions and little response so far from the developers (probably because we wanna know about things that are still in development).
I hope you will be able to answer a question that is most important to myself which is: Will we eventually be able to use PvP rank/cultural/dungeon armor skins in PvE/WvW ?

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Do we need to put our PvP armor in our locker on 3/17 so it can get “converted” or can we leave it on our characters?

This. Please, answer to this

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Do we need to put our PvP armor in our locker on 3/17 so it can get “converted” or can we leave it on our characters?

This. Please, answer to this

^^this

+ is there posibility to transfer glory into karma maybe?
+ will we be able to use our backpices from pve in pvp?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Richy Lao.8346

Richy Lao.8346

why not convert glory booster as “glory” ?? We could just use them as “liquid karma”. IDK maybe 1000 glory per glory booster no?

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

What happens to my tournement reward chests? Will they just be removed with the patch? Still got two stacks but not enough glory to salvage the skins…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

If I buy gear from the glory vender now, will it convert to gear that I can take into pve/wvw with the equivalent stats of the pve item? For example, if I buy an inquest armor box, will the inquest gear I get have +315 power/ +224 precision/ +16% crit damage (like the pve berserkers set)?

In a similar vein, will the skins I have unlocked in spvp to date get level 80 stats on them so I can use them in WvW?

in PvP

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

I note that the OP says “questions go here.” Does that mean we also can expect answers to go here?

in PvP

Posted by: Arkana.7583

Arkana.7583

why can’t i trade my 500 glory boosters into dyes,too hard?

Imagine the price of the different dyes, if everyone could trade their 500 glory boosters to dyes.

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

I’m worried more about the crafting materials since crafting dyes is such a pain in the ….

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

Re-post from another (now closed) thread.

The glory booster should definitely be replaced in some form. Whether the new rewards system is awesome or not is irrelevant to the fact that people have paid money for an item that is being arbitrarily removed without proper compensation. That is neither ethical nor honest. Why would you expect the player base to accept this?

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

why not convert glory booster as “glory” ?? We could just use them as “liquid karma”. IDK maybe 1000 glory per glory booster no?

Because glory will be entirely removed, and they don’t want to release anything for SPVP before March 18.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

- Do we need to put equipped armor in the locker?

- If cultural/dungeon/gemstore/achivement skins in PvP become usable in PvE does the same PvE gear become usable in PvP? (I purchased the Zodiac armor last night and converted it to PvP. Previous purchases were used for PvE and I’m hoping I’ll be able to use them in PvP after this change.)

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Before you derail my thread, why don’t you wait for me to actually answer the question. Yes, the intent is to have answers on the forums. We will also be talking about them on Ready Up next week.

I doubt they will actually be posted specifically in this thread though. It will likely be a sticky and a bit more formal-looking.

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Before you derail my thread, why don’t you wait for me to actually answer the question. Yes, the intent is to have answers on the forums. We will also be talking about them on Ready Up next week.

I doubt they will actually be posted specifically in this thread though. It will likely be a sticky and a bit more formal-looking.

Allie- With this group if your not answering these questions with in mins of the post your asking for trouble. lol

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

I have used all my glory boosters except maybe 3 or 4, I think the current reward additions(gold) is awesome, plus yall threw in the ability to rank alts(leveled 2 alts to 80 thx). Thanks for making the changes, and I look forward to the new stuff coming.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Allie- With this group if your not answering these questions with in mins of the post your asking for trouble. lol

Sorry! This is just the way we’re going to do it!

in PvP

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Skins like dwaynas longbow/shortbow cannot be deposited for some unknown reason, what will happen to these undepositable skins?

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Please Allie let us change our glory booster for other booster, like speed or something.

I saved my glory boosters to use them continuously on high rank lvls now i have like 100.

We will really appreciate this.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

I have more than 600 of those and i don’t care so much about…but having them converted into some other booster would be nice…something for nothing is always bad..

in PvP

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

So by this I can safely assume that those of us asking questions wont get any answers of any kind till next Friday if you answer our question at all?

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Ok everyone, I’m closing this thread to collect the questions. As soon as I get the answers, we will post them on here (likely some time next week).

Thanks all!