Response to DEV about PvP Game types

in PvP

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

(Sorry for long text, i hope you read it all to understand right meaning of this topic so no TLDR, sorry)

Quote from developer regarding to game modes :

“Game types
So a lot of you want new game types. We’ve heard you. We’re prototyping more of them right now. But, as Colin said at the panel, we have to be careful. We learned a lot from GW1. We learned that having too many game types can split up the player base. But, if you’re not careful, just having 1 game type may not be enough variety. You’ve got to find that perfect spot.”

I want to comment this,
- “We learned that having too many game types can split up the player base.”

Yes, youre allright, dont make new modes, just make 100 maps to FORCE player base to PLAY WHAT THEY DONT WANT TO PLAY SO THEY CAN END UP PLAYING PVE OR WVW (SARCASM !!!!) Your PvP community youre mentioning in text alredy splited to pve and wvw because of boring PVP ! Sorry for caps but i must to… your conquest mode suks… ITS not FUN !!! these small maps and this mode didnt bringins PVP atmosphere into MMO as it should bring !!! HELL NO !!!
- Just look : WoW have Arathi basin battleground, but i enjoyed this BG 1000x more than in GW2… WHY ? Big Map, better map control, in GW2 you have small maps with 16 players and thats all… its just silly that u guys cant make better BIGGER PVP MAP, MORE MODES, Anet, are you serious ? ONE YEAR with this conquest mode and these small maps ? really ? Oh, you have maps with secondary mechanics… *WE WANT NEW mode, not next conquest map with conquest mode with another mechanic… WE WANT CAPTURE THE FLAG MODE, DEATHMATCH MODE, 10v10 sieging castle mode, with attackers and deffenders… whatever, just change this daily routine with this mode… pvp in GW2 HAS so big potential, theyre ruining PVP very very much, i was so excited to play pvp in gw2 2 years before release but pvp just sucks there and really, it looks like devs dont care, one new map,some balance things and thats all… really ?*

- SO Anet (and PvP team) Thank you for this amazing game, I really appreciate time youre spending to develop this game, i know its B2P game, not P2P, but we cant wait 2 years for one small update because of B2P or because of hard proggraming etc… hell, stop making your living story **** for 1 months and start thinking about PvP community, because pvp is really dead right now, i cant 1v1/2v2/3v3 duel,* i cant play another mode, i cant play SOMETHING NEW IN PVP – Really, i have headache from this one mode and maps playing all days around and around for one year*… I would like to hear response from some dev, because i dont know why these devs thinking so blink, about spliting community because of new game mod… as if community wasnt splited alredy from PvE and PvP gear, now its splited because of this one mode….

SO PLEASE, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO PVP COMMUNITY !!! STOP ADDING PVE CONTENT EVERY 2 WEEKS AND GIVE SOMETHING TO PVP COMUNITY TOO !!!*

(edited by Safire.9143)

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

To be honest, i don’t know how Arena Net works, and i don’t think you do either. It could be that the PvP team in Gw2 might have a budget that’s not worth a kittening dollar and can’t do anything about it. Probably because most of that budget is going straight into the pockets of the living story team. I’m not too happy of the PvP state after ONE YEAR, but i can’t do much, i only payed 60$ for the game +~90$ of gems. Because PvP never gave me the gold to buy skins. So i don’t really think we should bash on this game so much. It’s not like the game is my life.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

They hate the PvP community.. They don’t give 2 kittens about us.. They are more interested and care about their Precious “Town Clothes” and weird Role Players to give a single kitten about the normal people who love PvP

The Official GW2 Esports Drama Reporter

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

They hate the PvP community.. They don’t give 2 kittens about us.. They are more interested and care about their Precious “Town Clothes” and weird Role Players to give a single kitten about the normal people who love PvP

Seriously? Some of the people on the forums are genuinely… not very intelligent. There are obviously different departments doing different things. How about an analogy? If there is a class that you need to graduate but there are too many students in it so the class if full. To get in you have to go to the related department. Let’s say this class is Philosophy of the Modern World you wouldn’t go to the chemistry department to beg for them to open extra seats or to get on a wait list. So essentially, you are bad mouthing the chemistry department because of your issues with the philosophy department. It makes zero kittening sense and that is exactly what you are doing here.

in PvP

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Not sure if satire, or just very……

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

To be honest, i don’t know how Arena Net works, and i don’t think you do either. It could be that the PvP team in Gw2 might have a budget that’s not worth a kittening dollar and can’t do anything about it. Probably because most of that budget is going straight into the pockets of the living story team. I’m not too happy of the PvP state after ONE YEAR, but i can’t do much, i only payed 60$ for the game +~90$ of gems. Because PvP never gave me the gold to buy skins. So i don’t really think we should bash on this game so much. It’s not like the game is my life.

So thats why they should make some work with pvp and not with living pve kitten…