Skip Temple from the tournament rotation?

in PvP

Posted by: Xelfer.9710

Xelfer.9710

It’s not one of the maps in the upcoming tournament and I would much prefer to have Temple skipped from the 2-team tournament rotation and move straight on to forest for the next 4 days?

Anet please?

<3

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

A reasonable request! Will ask the guys about this tomorrow.

in PvP

Xelfer.9710

Thank you very much.

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

A reasonable request! Will ask the guys about this tomorrow.

Requesting Skyhammer after that pls. If were gonna skip a map in the rotation of the only 4 available spvp maps then we need diversity staying on 1 map for 3 days then another map for 4 days.
Just saying even switching every 2 days is a long haul if you have a day off and play the same map all day. +not seeing some maps for more than a week in pvp sometimes can on the odd occasion be stale! Anyways bring it up with the guys Thanks

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

dont skip temple – this map is fine and i rly wait for it

when teams dont wanna training on this map they have custom arenas – thats why you made it (and skipped the work on soloQ for)

THEIR ARE NOT ONLY THE 5 WANNABE E-SPORTTEAMS THEIR ARE OTHER PLAYERS TOO MR ARENANET

and when we are on skipping – plz till we have soloQ skip the teamjoin button – remove it till you fixed it – teams can go customarena – system atm is buggy so joining as team is exploiting the system cause they farm only soloQers for easywins/rating/chests etc

so – hotfix plz

thx for your time

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

It’s not one of the maps in the upcoming tournament and I would much prefer to have Temple skipped from the 2-team tournament rotation and move straight on to forest for the next 4 days?

Anet please?

<3

im sorry to ask but i really dont get it…

first you ask in the title to please skip temple from rotation.
then you state that it is not one of the maps in the tournament.
and again you ask to skip this map.

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
*confused – much confused

please help

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Talking about the PAX tournament and what maps are going to be used there, I’m pretty sure, anyway.

in PvP

Romek.4201

wtf so they dont have it on pax so we “the normal playerz” should not have it ingame too? realy?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It would be for just a week, I think. That being said, temple is one of the funniest tournament maps, imo.

in PvP

kito.1827

Talking about the PAX tournament and what maps are going to be used there, I’m pretty sure, anyway.

ah, ok… this tournament-tournament thing confused me – thank you Jesiah!

wtf so they dont have it on pax so we “the normal playerz” should not have it ingame too? realy?

that was my next thought after clarification

really? doesnt make sense at all…
and to be honest far away from a “reasonable request”

i mean… from my point i dont like foefire, but would never be as selfish and ask to remove it just because i dont like it

come on anet
pls
<3

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

(edited by kito.1827)

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

I always skip temple anyway, so +1.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

ah, ok… this tournament-tournament thing confused me – thank you Jesiah!

that was my next thought after clarification

really? doesnt make sense at all…
and to be honest far away from a “reasonable request”

i mean… from my point i dont like foefire, but would never be as selfish and ask to remove it just because i dont like it

come on anet
pls
<3

they’re not asking to skip it because they don’t like it, they’re asking so that they can practice for the big tournament (not everyone has a custom arena, or you can’t always find other teams willing to scrim, etc..)
There is a big difference :p

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

kito.1827

they’re not asking to skip it because they don’t like it, they’re asking so that they can practice for the big tournament (not everyone has a custom arena, or you can’t always find other teams willing to scrim, etc..)
There is a big difference :p

ok, thats a difference
as for pax tournament preparation its reasonable

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Xelfer.9710

Just to clarify my request a little bit.

I don’t dislike temple. I would just like to skip it this once. Teams are not always available to scrims and a lot of teams don’t want to scrim if all we’re doing is testing out new builds/comps etc because their is a pretty high likely-hood of us having problems, getting stomped and them getting nothing out of it. The queued tournament give a great place to try new things and work out the bigger issues before doing more organized scrims for fine tuning.

(Also some team like to afk train it up during scrims causing a 3 map rotation to take upwards of 90 minutes glare using a sizable chunk our team’s usable time)

Also having teams prepared for the PAX tournament is good overall; this is the first large tournament and first large PvP exposure for GW2 with potential to bring in new players etc.

Honestly I like temple a lot and with minor fixes could become a tournament map in the future. My request is for this cycle only based upon events in the very near future.

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

Boo, I wait all month for temple, and it was unfortunately cut out of the pax rotation, for shame, Personally I’d like to play it, despite that it’s not going to be at the pax tourny and the request is reasonable.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

no, just no. can we have our game like it usually is and not adapt it to the 1% that is going to be on the pax/qualifiers?

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

It’s just this 1 time. The competitive put up with Skyhammer.

It’s not like we’re asking people to not play in tourneys so only tourney signed up teams compete. We’re just looking for some more practice time and we can’t get that in temple

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

awww, temple is the only map I like. No mobs, less gimmicky.

in PvP

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

It’s not like we’re asking people to not play in tourneys so only tourney signed up teams compete. We’re just looking for some more practice time and we can’t get that in temple

This is the best comment I have seen today. My favorite was the Skyhammer comment :P. I was explaining Skyhammer to the guys from Guild Mag, and the easiest way to explain it was to say, “It’s PVE in PVP. Completely fun, and not competitive at the moment.”

in PvP

Posted by: Godofallu.2935

Godofallu.2935

While my favorite map is Temple of the Silent Storm I can certainly get behind skipping it just this once for PAX practice. My team is planning on practicing a lot today and the next few days.

Proud GW2 Esports Guild Admin and Coach. Whisper me for duels, help, or guild invites.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

wtf. We already get f all variety in map types, tournament game modes etc and you want to skip a map and have even less. BS. Terrible idea

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Custom arenas. Really….

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

The competitive didn’t put up with Skyhammer. They complained until it was removed. lol

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Temple is the best map currently, you take it away because a random guy wrote to do so?

There are 999999999 suggestions you should listen to but this isn’t one of them.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

No one wants to take temple away forever…

The thing is there are qualifiers for the biggest tournament Gw2 has had yet coming up.

While in an ideal world every team wanting to compete would have hours of scrim practices lined up on private servers this is not the case. Its hard to find scrim partners and even harder to find ones that are ok with crushing you into the ground for a few games while you test out new ideas and strats.

As of right now automated tournaments are the best way to get quantity over quality practice. I, along with many other players enjoy temple, but it’s not included in the upcoming tournament so in order to have teams be prepared as they can be it would be good to have it skipped… this one time.

This isn’t Sc2 where we can simply veto a map not included in our upcoming tournament, nor is it a random map each time. Devoting 4/8 days before the biggest tournament in gw2 yet is terrible for the competitive community.

[LR] Siric

in PvP

Romek.4201

just no – where should this end?

next time they make “Super quaggan event” with capricorn only and cause you guyz cant pay customarena they put capricorn in and skip all others for a week so you can have training?

this gamemode is for the playerz – FOR ALL PLAYERZ – and not a trainingroom for an event noone care bout

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

If the super quaggan event has a 10k prize pool I’m sure teams will want to practice for it the same.

[LR] Siric

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

idk, if you want to prepare for PAX you can always scrim on custom servers. I wouldn’t agree with removing temple from the tournament queue, it’s a great map, and not everyone is concerned about preparing for PAX.

Anyone that is serious about PAX will have a custom server…

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Romek.4201

already skipped – thats so kitten lame

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

We’re talking about skipping 4 days of Temple. Not skipping Temple until the end of time. This would not only benefit the teams participating, but it would benefit the teams that wish to eventually compete, as well as the shoutcasters to practice casting on these maps. Thus, the entire future of PvP benefits from this as the tournament, and the shoutcasters, are essentially showcasing our game and helping us grow our playerbase.

Given that, we will be adjusting the tournament rotation for the remainder of the month to be the following:

7/26: Forest of Niflhel
7/30: Legacy of the Foefire

Thank you for understanding!

in PvP

Romek.4201

the entire future profits from this?

the only profit we the playerz can see atm:

- you guyz will NOT balance till your eventz end even when you know its clearly broken and necro (+other things) op so we have to play with it or sit this eventtime out – great (i hope for this you make your events not monthly^^)
- you will change it when teams or e-sport guyz ask and dont care for your normal playerz

whats so hard to make a custom arena for free for the teams fighting in the event?

this clearly shows your custom arena system fails and it was a big waste of dev time we could have nice things ingame EVERYONE could have fun with

ya know? like SoloQ, Gamemodes, Rewardsystem

edit: in short – i just cant see how our entire future (pvp ingame) can profit from this event – more the opposite

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Without offending anyone, devs are building this pvp for roughly 40-80 players and 4-6 shoutcasters.

But soon even they will rage out.

I hope ArenaNet will realize at some point that 50% of GW2’s population is from GW1, and abandoning every single well working and pretty much loved features and gamemodes were bad ideas, and bring back something.. like HA
Not the exact same way, like different maps, diffrent team size (five), and different gamemodes, but the main concept of a global tournament with great variety where you can feel you can progress by winning a match and with a goal to get to the Hall of Heroes, where the best can compete and get to the observer mode.

They could keep conquest with this tournament based mode, call the teamque GvG (it’s already happening, well top teams are guild and that could be expected) add a guild rating and replace hotjoin with HA for a lighter but competitive scene.

And everyone is happy

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks for your feedback! Since you disregarded the second half of my sentence, I will repeat, but go into more elaborate detail.

1. Part of growing a playerbase involves showcasing the game.
2. Showcasing the game through a tournament is a great way to introduce new players to exciting “end-game” for PvP. (NO, this is not ALL end-game, just part of it)
3. While the developers are hard at work building systems for the game, the community team strives to do our part in helping bring in players. This is currently being done by hosting a tournament where players can win several thousand dollars. Yes, real money. Gasp!

That said, please think of the tournament as a separate, but equally helpful, entity of PvP growth. The tournament and shoutcasters need our support to help this game grow, while the dev team focuses on helping the game grow through implementation.

Thanks for understanding!

(edited by Allie Murdock.8152)

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Good call, I really like Temple and would have liked to see it in the PAX tourney rotation, but barring that, it’s a good idea for teams to get more practice on the maps that will be by keeping Temple out of the rotation for this week.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Good info. Since this will be showing off the GW2 to people new to the game, have you guys put together some kind of “lead in/off” package that gives people a quick overview of the gameplay, professions (strengths/weaknesses) and general strategies?

Perhaps even just a script that shoutcasters could use before a tournament starts up?

One shortcoming I’ve seen in amateur shoutcasts of GW2 games is the lack of an overview of the professions and strategies. I’m familiar enough with the game to follow along, but I know that a neophyte would be completely lost.

Something along the lines of an abbreviated version of the professions page, combined with a quick listing of popular specs and spec synergies (e.g. elementalists synergize well with condimancers due to their ability to provide peels and heals to compensate for a condimancers lack of disengage, etc.), I think would help make the game more approachable.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Thedenofsin.7340, that is great feedback! The community and shoutcasters are definitely growing, and this is the kind of constructive feedback that really helps.

We’re working on systems to help new players for in-game. Outside of the game, the community team works on weekly live streams. On top of that, there’s videos from the community. I agree that overviews are great and very helpful. We will consider that for future streams and tournaments.

Thanks!