So.. PvE will take away "GvG"?

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

So I think it’s official, Zerg vs Zerg is considered GvG. I don’t think 20v20 can be considered GvG or PvP. I think GvG would deserved an own gamemode and a ladder, but with this, the opportunity has gone away. It should be the PvP version of guild mission.

Thoughts?

I will never call that thing GvG.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Guild versus Guild is basically Guild fighting another Guild. So if a basketball team is replaced with a guildname, then those two teams, now guilds of 5 each, are GvGing by playing the basketball mechanics.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

in PvP

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

Guild versus Guild is basically Guild fighting another Guild. So if a basketball team is replaced with a guildname, then those two teams, now guilds of 5 each, are GvGing by playing the basketball mechanics.

This.
Stop feeling offended by something’s name.
GvG can be anything from 2v2 team deathmatch to racing(pretty sure that’s somehow possible) and PvE score/time comparing as long as it’s done with guild groups.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

GvG was a particular type of pvp. The face-value meaning of the acronym is not important. GW1 players that talk about GvG mean a specific type of pvp that is arranged in a particular way.

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Way to ruin the name of GvG

I guess WvW players are more special than us, they get their own area to zerg particle effect battle.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Way to ruin the name of GvG

I guess WvW players are more special than us, they get their own area to zerg particle effect battle.

hey dont get your jimmes all rustled, you will eventually get what you want.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

The problem is people are using GVG as a name instead of what it really is ZvZ because that’d be offensive to the zerglings, sure its two guilds fighting each other, it’s also two zergs fighting each other, so any time two zergs(15-25 people) fight each other it’s ZvZ, and maybe also gvg.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

If you guild can’t do guild missions then your guild can’t GvG.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

If you guild can’t do guild missions then your guild can’t GvG.

We don’t have 40 people online to do things like that and oh we don’t do PvE But 5-8 people for PvP is easy for us.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

The problem is people are using GVG as a name instead of what it really is ZvZ because that’d be offensive to the zerglings, sure its two guilds fighting each other, it’s also two zergs fighting each other, so any time two zergs(15-25 people) fight each other it’s ZvZ, and maybe also gvg.

Totally agree. Worse, they think what they do is a skileld and organized form of real PvP and they are better than conquest players.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Brando.1374

Stop with your QQ.
your esports conquest wont get ignored.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

I have no problem with this quit frankly. I know no 5 man guilds outside of spvp. You don’t do much WvWvW is you think 20 versus 20 is a zerg fight. If it is it is the very bottom of it of the designation.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Stop with your QQ.
your esports conquest wont get ignored.

It gets ignored all the time and most of us spvp’ers dont care about e-sports so you are not hurting us throwing that term around.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So I think it’s official, Zerg vs Zerg is considered GvG. I don’t think 20v20 can be considered GvG or PvP. I think GvG would deserved an own gamemode and a ladder, but with this, the opportunity has gone away. It should be the PvP version of guild mission.

Thoughts?

Stop trying to define GvG yourself. GvG is two guilds who agree how many people should fight and then go and fight. If they want a small number, fine. If they want 20v20, fine. There are no rules on numbers.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Thoughts?

Stop trying to define GvG yourself. GvG is two guilds who agree how many people should fight and then go and fight. If they want a small number, fine. If they want 20v20, fine. There are no rules on numbers.

The problem is that’s not even PvP. In a 20v20, does individual skill matter at all, Can you watch out for a mesmer raising up his gs summoning a berserker? No. You go spam AoE skills with your PvE build and then hope for lucky crits. You can’t do anything.

And GvG was defined in the GW universe nearly 9 years ago.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Brando.1374

Thoughts?

The problem is that’s not even PvP. In a 20v20, does individual skill matter at all, Can you watch out for a mesmer raising up his gs summoning a berserker? No. You go spam AoE skills with your PvE build and then hope for lucky crits. You can’t do anything.

Dont care what it was called 9 years ago or what it was in Gw1.
this is not gw1, this is Gw2.

GvG is now 15v15 or 20v20
if you dont like it stay in spvp and stop trying to define what we do. Only reason we even started to come to your forums was because the wvw devs make a mistake in placing a bloodlust buff in our maps.
we are now getting a new arena. we will stay as far away from spvp as possible since we are too “unskilled” for you.

in PvP

Wryog.5073

Thoughts?

And PvP was defined way before that but you still use that wrong.
Hint: it means “Player(s) versus Player(s)”. Anything from 1v1 to ganking low levels in other games is PvP. It never meant “fair fight”, “skill-only stuff” or “esport material”. Stop putting your own meaning on words.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Wryog.5073

Sounds kinda meh with the dumbed down stat customization and min-maxing in sPvP.
But if that form of PvP is your thing then have fun with it.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Thoughts?

Hint: it means “Player(s) versus Player(s)”. Anything from 1v1 to ganking low levels in other games is PvP. It never meant “fair fight”, “skill-only stuff” or “esport material”. Stop putting your own meaning on words.

But in this case it means zerg vs zerg, since the individuals don’t matter, only a single mob.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Wryog.5073

Thoughts?

But in this case it means zerg vs zerg, since the individuals don’t matter, only a single mob.

They actually do in a more even matchup. Replacing a bunker guardian with a bunker ele has proven this in my guild’s fights.
And it still doesn’t change the fact that PvP has nothing to do with skill level. If you think that ganking low levels in other games(still PvP, there’s whole servers just for stuff like that and they’re called PvP servers) is skilled then I really can’t explain this stuff to you.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Wryog.5073)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Sounds kinda meh with the dumbed down stat customization and min-maxing in sPvP.

So what you’re saying is, there’s no min-maxing in WvW?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Wryog.5073

So what you’re saying is, there’s no min-maxing in WvW?

There is. What I meant was that I want more precise stat distribution. Sorry if my post sounded confusing.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I have no problem with this quit frankly. I know no 5 man guilds outside of spvp. You don’t do much WvWvW is you think 20 versus 20 is a zerg fight. If it is it is the very bottom of it of the designation.

gvg are anything between 5v5 up to 30v30 or even higher. hahaha yeah 20 is a group in wvw not a zerg XD.

this is fighting in zergs

t2 vs t1 zergs

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood