So, what's next after Courtyard?

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

Right now, PvP is in a (relatively) better place.
1. Our rewards are reunited(used this word because " gear union" is something supposed-to-be-since-day 1) with the rest of the game.
2. 8v8 is totally eliminated. Whatever is left of the original player base, though small, is more unified and together (at least hotjoin people will seriously think about 5v5 now)
3. PvE players are now willing to come and join us (thank point #1), queue time in solo arena is reasonable now.
4. We have a visually pretty, botanical map to freely duel anyone!

What should happen next?

Point capturing is still the dominant type of maps. Should there be several new 2v2/3v3 maps to compensate? How long will that take?
Furthermore, do we really need whole new maps for new game maps?
Before returning to Guild Wars 2 after its April pack, this one has been playing Titanfall . It is is a 100% PvP-centered game and is able to do Domination (what we have now), Capture the Flag, Attrition (similar to our WvW) all on the same maps.

Could we design the new game modes so that they can be played on exactly the same maps we have now, so instead of denying the old maps, we could capitalize on them?

This one truly hopes the sPvP in GW2 can fly high. Right now, it is on a better direction than before, but more need to come. What do you think?

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

2. 8v8 is totally eliminated. Whatever is left of the original player base, though small, is more unified and together (at least hotjoin people will seriously think about 5v5 now)

stopped reading there, removing 8v8 has killed hotjoin,
almost every single match is just a one-sided farce.
5v5 is AWEFUL for hotjoin.

removing 8v8 was the worst change they’ve made in my opinion (i’ve levelled to rank 64 almost entirely in hotjoin since i enjoy the rage free, less serious experience and experimental builds, with far less meta-filth than tournaments.)

and the most stupid part, before they removed it they had both 8v8 and 5v5 servers, so noone was forced to 8v8 if they didn’t want to, but all of the 8v8 servers were always full because guess what? people enjoyed it.

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

12 months of waiting

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

A second sodding Game mode would be a godsend.

Although I’ve had some of my most fun in gaming whilst dueling people in the Courtyard, it’s just not worth the hassle of trying to find a proper dueling-server; Either it’s out of control, full of griefers, or it’s one of those private ones where you get kicked and sometimes slightly abused for joining.

An actual 2v2 game mode for Courtyard would be my vote. If it’s a success, they could start working on a handful of different maps for that game mode, and maybe a separate teamQ.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: Levis.6137

Levis.6137

I would really enjoy to see a revised version of the ‘Raid of the Capricorn’ map.
Except the annoying watercombat, this map was really fun to play and was compareable to ‘Battle of Khylo’.
Maybe it is possible to remove the Water completly or make it flat, so you can still walk while in water (compare beach @ ‘Forest of Niflhel’ or cave @ ‘Temple of the silent storm’).
Make the ship a wreck and balance the bottom of the sea, so that the old underwater note becomes the mid Point to fight for.
I with some changes this map could be tPvP viable aswell.

greets,

Kayun

General Kayun
Riverside [DE]

(edited by Levis.6137)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

stopped reading there, removing 8v8 has killed hotjoin,
almost every single match is just a one-sided farce.
5v5 is AWEFUL for hotjoin.

removing 8v8 was the worst change they’ve made in my opinion (i’ve levelled to rank 64 almost entirely in hotjoin since i enjoy the rage free, less serious experience and experimental builds, with far less meta-filth than tournaments.)

and the most stupid part, before they removed it they had both 8v8 and 5v5 servers, so noone was forced to 8v8 if they didn’t want to, but all of the 8v8 servers were always full because guess what? people enjoyed it.

8 v 8 was terrible. Half the reason I enjoy hotjoin is because it’s not the mini-WvW-wannabe-zergfest that it used to be with 8 v 8.

@ OP: Yes, we desperately need some new gameplay mode.

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

12 months of waiting

hey this is me 2 months ago. only 10 more to go.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

When does the new game mode come out? Anybody know?

in PvP

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

There is nothing official about new game modes i think, and to be honest the silence is astonishing..we’ve been asking for a new game mode from the beginning, 2 years later nothing has changed. But hey they gave us pve rewards for playing conquest mode, it’s something at least..

in PvP

Posted by: LianaEarthAngel.9687

LianaEarthAngel.9687

I cannot stand Courtyard…its like ONE giant ZERG…so unnecessary and soo NOT GUILD WARS. Make this stupid arena a 2v2 match …..then it will be saved…..I would rather play Raid on Carpricorn over and over than get into this stupid arena…..there is no point to it its a giant manslaughter all pint up in corners..its not big enough for a full team and its definitely NOT fun. please make our pvp more challenging and enjoyable like AB in GW1……people r angry….we want 2v2 or 3v3 1v1 arenas with real rewards.!!!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: LianaEarthAngel.9687

LianaEarthAngel.9687

I would really enjoy to see a revised version of the ‘Raid of the Capricorn’ map.
Except the annoying watercombat, this map was really fun to play and was compareable to ‘Battle of Khylo’.
Maybe it is possible to remove the Water completly or make it flat, so you can still walk while in water (compare beach @ ‘Forest of Niflhel’ or cave @ ‘Temple of the silent storm’).
Make the ship a wreck and balance the bottom of the sea, so that the old underwater note becomes the mid Point to fight for.
I with some changes this map could be tPvP viable aswell.

greets,

Kayun

I vote for that too..a water but without swimming kind of a shallow beach ship wreck.