Stop saying "e-sport"

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Suzu.4193

Suzu.4193

Please stop saying “anet said e-sport this” or “anet said esport that”, people do you not realize that it is us the PLAYERS that determine if the game is suitable for “e-sport”.

It was a marketing gimmick used by obviously the marketing department of anet, when they coined, “gw2 will be the next e-sport”; and we fell for it ><.

You have forgotten “e-sports” come out of games because they are fun, competitive, and have a <LARGE PLAYER BASE>.

Well, the players have spoken rather loudly that the game play IS FUN, but the game mode is NOT FUN.

And with the recent hiatus of most top teams the competition has gone as well.

Well that leaves the player base…..wait what player base, most of them stopped playing the spvp few months in.

0/3! so please stop saying “Anet promised us an e-sport”, because you have to have players actually playing the game.

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

Agreed, it’s in the hands of the game designers now.

We, community, cannot do anything else. We did suggestions, we quit, yet the game is the same..

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

They do not want to take risks but do not bring up any change.
They keep things on hold before releasing them with other features whereas some of them are already really needed.
They have their own ideal ideas which as we could see empirically observed through the recent Queue-System does not work properly for the players. And while there are good, rationally thought through ideas of the community we neither get any clear response nor feedback on how things are going.

I said it before, one of the biggest issues is the transparency or better said the customer service. And customer service is what also divides great companies like Valve from the rest.

Edit: We want more clearness, is it so hard ? What holds it back ?

(edited by Lady Sara Goldheart.2764)

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

next patch will make gw2 e-sport… next patch is THE patch

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Thrills.3974

Thrills.3974

This thread is now a petition to make Silent Storm map week EVERY week until -I- Thrills, get bored of it. Please kindly sign below

/signed

But on topic. I don’t think most mmo players care for an esport. Look at the most played MMO WoW. They tried to make it into an esport but people lacked interest.

(edited by Thrills.3974)

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Panda.1793

Panda.1793

I never cared for e-sport , id rather have a strong game, gw1 stronger than any e-sport.

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Suzu.4193

Suzu.4193

I never cared for e-sport , id rather have a strong game, gw1 stronger than any e-sport.

exactly, just wanted a fun game

edit: game play is fun, circle wars not fun ><

(edited by Suzu.4193)

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

We could only wish.

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

We could only wish.

I think that the poster you just quoted, was using irony, making fun of their " big " patch.

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

If players got to vote, the game will never be an e-sport. Now, according to me, it’s the devs to prove them wrong. So far… no big difference from the game since launch.

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: pinkbunnies.4620

pinkbunnies.4620

four things that need to be added to the game to make it a viable “e-sport”

1) customizable matches

2) built in replay save feature

3) observer mode for live custom games and saved replays

4) universal indevidual and team ranking system

if they are at all serious about fostering a guild wars 2 e-sport community these must be done ASAP

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Panda.1793

1) customizable matches

if they are at all serious about fostering a guild wars 2 e-sport community these must be done ASAP

In no disrespect they shouldnt have to foster for these type of people, we should be more ashamed they didnt take lots of points which people are mentioning from the previous game they made, they had ladders, observe mode but of games just played, more variety of game modes etc, but transfered none of these previous core components. Its not fair to call it guild wars without a strong gvg community, there is none here.

besides you might as well play starcraft if you wanna get paid for playing, at least all you pros out there have a ready built game and its just up to you.

(edited by Panda.1793)

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: pinkbunnies.4620

pinkbunnies.4620

1) customizable matches

In no disrespect they shouldnt have to foster for these type of people, we should be more ashamed they didnt take lots of points which people are mentioning from the previous game they made, they had ladders, observe mode but of games just played, more variety of game modes etc, but transfered none of these previous core components. Its not fair to call it guild wars without a strong gvg community, there is none here.

besides you might as well play starcraft if you wanna get paid for playing, at least all you pros out there have a ready built game and its just up to you.

well since sc2 is pretty much the best e-sport model out there i dont see why they shouldnt take the best ideas and apply them to gw2.

even at the non “paid to play” level the features i mentioned help strengthen the competative community.

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Panda.1793

I think your missing the point http://www.guildwars.com/competitive/ .

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: Ninewonderz.6439

Ninewonderz.6439

people kitten…Alot

Yak’s Bend
KingMagnetic
<hate>

Stop saying "e-sport"

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

We could only wish.

I think that the poster you just quoted, was using irony, making fun of their " big " patch.

You mean sarcasm.