Survey: Do you want more PvP achievements?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

In all fairness of Arenanet puking out garbage that this is somehow a PvP oriented game, I would say yes, PvP definitely deserves more achievements than the current ridiculously drawn out “achievements” we have.

What’s the best way to prolong the life of limited content? GIVE IT A KOREAN-TYPE GRIND! See Priston Tale.

This game’s sPvP rank / achievements is quite literally a Korean grindfest, comparatively speaking.

Get in line after the WvW players. They have it way worse.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

All PvP achievements should be restricted to Team/Solo arena and should encourage winning.

that would defeat the whole purpose of achievements.

non casual players can stick to the solo / team arena without bothering casual players having their fun in the non arena game rooms.

why restrict?
everyone can have fun.

not everyone plays to win in sPvP.

Next time I will go to fractals and just have fun making it unpassable for my team because not everybody plays a dungeon to pass it and loves dragging down teammates who take it serious and play it as intended. :P

Because casuals love fun!

Please, not the PvE players should tell us how should PvP work. We already barely have “PvP”.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

All PvP achievements should be restricted to Team/Solo arena and should encourage winning.

that would defeat the whole purpose of achievements.

non casual players can stick to the solo / team arena without bothering casual players having their fun in the non arena game rooms.

why restrict?
everyone can have fun.

not everyone plays to win in sPvP.

Next time I will go to fractals and just have fun making it unpassable for my team because not everybody plays a dungeon to pass it and loves dragging down teammates who take it serious and play it as intended. :P

Because casuals love fun!

Please, not the PvE players should tell us how should PvP work. We already barely have “PvP”.

for your fractals example, you are making 4 other players not happy. you are disturbing their playing experience. that is not acceptable.

for sPvP, non casual players play in solo / team arena while casual players play in the normal game rooms. they do not disturb one another. this is acceptable.

anyway, did you play team fortress 2 before?
a team based first person shooter by valve software .

in PvP

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

I’m like against 90% of these ideas. Last thing I need is infestation of pve players that only try to get achievements done, and in the process make me lose. Like for example killing someone, but waiting for shatter cd so that you can get that achievement kill with shatter… or whatever nonsense ideas u guys posting here.
Pvp achievements are mostly related to winning, and that means I can focus all my resources only on that goal. That is enough for me. I love the way achievements are now, only thing I would change for example is amount of points. 10 points for Marauder and same 10 points for mercenary doesn’t make sense. Or 10 points for winning from 5k to 10k tournament matches. This should be way higher.

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

why are you so certain it will be the achievements that will cause you to lose?
it could be other reasons, such as:
- the opponent were simply better
- your skills were not good enough
- etc

if you do not agree with the examples given by others, please post up some examples of yours.

so you are saying that sPvP has enough achievements, and do not need any more?

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

give me more diverse spvp screw your achievements.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i dun get it with you people, more achievements is good for sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I Think Devon Carver the w v w dev mentioned changes coming to wvw/spvp points tally soon

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm its been 18 days without new examples or contribution, this cannot be!

from here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement#Categories
lets look at the current PvP achievements, we have this:

PvP Conqueror – Killing other players, winning in PvP matches and tournaments, and scoring points.

We need more categories, say PvP Conqueror is for general PvP achievements and then we have profession specific achievements, cross profession achievements etc.

for example:
general pvp achievements:
PvP Conqueror – Killing other players, winning in PvP matches and tournaments, and scoring points.

profession specific achievements:
PvP Guardian – Killing other players, winning in PvP matches and tournaments, and scoring points as a Guardian.
PvP Warrior – Killing other players, winning in PvP … as a Warrior.
PvP Engineer – ditto … Engineer
PvP Ranger – ditto … Ranger
PvP Thief – ditto … Thief
PvP Elementalist – ditto … Elementalist
PvP Mesmer – ditto … Mesmer
PvP Necromancer – Killing other players, winning in PvP … as a Necromancer.

map specific achievements:
Battle of Kyhlo – (insert suitable description)
Forest of Niflhel – (insert suitable description)
Legacy of the Foefire – (insert suitable description)
Raid on the Capricorn – (insert suitable description)
Skyhammer – (insert suitable description)
Spirit Watch – (insert suitable description)
Temple of the Silent Storm – (insert suitable description)

weapon specific achievements:
PvP Axe Master
PvP Dagger Master
PvP Mace Master
PvP Pistol Master
PvP Sword Master
PvP Scepter Master
PvP Focus Master
PvP Shield Master
PvP Torch Master
PvP Warhorn Master
PvP Greatsword Master
PvP Hammer Master
PvP Longbow Master
PvP Rifle Master
PvP Shortbow Master
PvP Staff Master
PvP Harpoon gun Master
PvP Spear Master
PvP Trident Master

and any other achievements groups.

(feel free to give examples with better names and descriptions etc)

so … do you have any examples to contribute for today?

in PvP

Posted by: Kata.6795

Kata.6795

We also agree that we need more PvP achievements. I can’t give any details (I’m sorry I have to say that so much), but this is something we’re seriously looking at internally.

Also some great suggestions in this thread, thanks for keeping it positive and brainstorming ways to improve this system!!!

Screw achievements, work on core things, such as being able to que with a buddy, and game play balance. screw achievements. you don’t have a strong base to work off. JESUS let me repeat myself. SCREW ACHIEVEMENTS. DON’T EVEN LOOK AT THEM.

in PvP

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

i had to log in after seeing how ridiculous this topic is. op and devs have completely forgotten what spvp is all about, PvP—not stupid achievements. Wow, just WOW! GG NO RE. please give me a reason to play the game again. i’m waiting…

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

but, team fortress 2, counter strike source, counter strike global offensive are PvP, and they have loads of achievements!

and they are successful!

and i think counter strike global operation is considered e-sport level, have tournaments etc.

167 achievements for counter strike global operations
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CSGO/achievements

448 achievements for team fortress 2
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/TF2/achievements/

well, team fortress 2 had some tournaments, not big, but still, tournaments.
http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=news

Insomnia 49 Multiplay LAN event!
August 22, 2013 – TF2 Team

The next big Multiplay LAN, Insomnia 49, takes place August 23-25 in Telford, England. Top teams from Europe will be joined by community-funded North American and Australian teams to fight in a 6v6 cup and Highlander 9v9 tournament.

This year’s i49 features a prize pool of more than $7,000. With over 420 Team Fortress 2 players attending, i49 is one of the largest competitive Team Fortress 2 events of the year!

Don’t miss the Grand Finale on Sunday, August 25th, at 11 AM Eastern time (4 PM England). The matches will be covered by VanillaTV, (with added content on their YouTube channel), and KritzKast throughout the weekend.

prize pool $7,000 hmmm not too bad for community funded tournament?

achievements will help spvp.
i am sure a lot of members can help contribute examples if they let us.

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

but, team fortress 2, counter strike source, counter strike global offensive are PvP, and they have loads of achievements!

and they are successful!

and i think counter strike global operation is considered e-sport level, have tournaments etc.

167 achievements for counter strike global operations
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CSGO/achievements

448 achievements for team fortress 2
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/TF2/achievements/

well, team fortress 2 had some tournaments, not big, but still, tournaments.
http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=news

Insomnia 49 Multiplay LAN event!
August 22, 2013 – TF2 Team

The next big Multiplay LAN, Insomnia 49, takes place August 23-25 in Telford, England. Top teams from Europe will be joined by community-funded North American and Australian teams to fight in a 6v6 cup and Highlander 9v9 tournament.

This year’s i49 features a prize pool of more than $7,000. With over 420 Team Fortress 2 players attending, i49 is one of the largest competitive Team Fortress 2 events of the year!

Don’t miss the Grand Finale on Sunday, August 25th, at 11 AM Eastern time (4 PM England). The matches will be covered by VanillaTV, (with added content on their YouTube channel), and KritzKast throughout the weekend.

prize pool $7,000 hmmm not too bad for community funded tournament?

achievements will help spvp.
i am sure a lot of members can help contribute examples if they let us.

am i dreaming? achievements have nothing to do with pvp being successful or not…

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

I do agree that PVP needs more long term and short term achieves. I want to feel like my time spent in the game is recognized and rewarded (when it comes to AP, glory is a whole nother’ issue). A PVE player (that has played since launch) has tons of gold, special armors that were worked for, legendarys, and in most cases 7k+ AP from doing nothing but PVE. A PVP player since launch will have none of those things, and anywhere between 1-4k AP. What up with that?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

am i dreaming? achievements have nothing to do with pvp being successful or not…

it might help bring in new players. players who want more achievement points. :p

adding in more achievements would not hurt.

I do agree that PVP needs more long term and short term achieves. I want to feel like my time spent in the game is recognized and rewarded (when it comes to AP, glory is a whole nother’ issue). A PVE player (that has played since launch) has tons of gold, special armors that were worked for, legendarys, and in most cases 7k+ AP from doing nothing but PVE. A PVP player since launch will have none of those things, and anywhere between 1-4k AP. What up with that?

well, i think because gw2 is rushed, especially the spvp portion. they are still fine tuning things.

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

i guess what im trying to say is achievements wont fix spvp. end of discussion.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it wun fix spvp, but it will be a good start!

more casual players is good for spvp.

for example, i am sure dota 2 has lots of casual players as well as non casual players (tournament players)

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

lets see some of the games played by most players on steam:

1. Current Players Peak Today Game

01 267,252 484,222 Dota 2
    02 40,554 103,581 Total War: ROME II
    03 29,933 52,521 Team Fortress 2
    04 22,651 58,324 Football Manager 2013
    05 17,500 36,940 Sid Meier’s Civilization V
    06 15,126 41,754 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    07 13,686 29,253 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    08 11,829 28,193 Garry’s Mod
    09 11,721 31,940 Counter-Strike
    10 9,164 26,442 Counter-Strike: Source

with gw2 peak players count 460k which is quite close to dota 2.

but for spvp only, the player count is 17k, they said, not sure what 17k meant though. was it peak players? 17k.

getting more casual players into spvp will be a good move.

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

it wun fix spvp, but it will be a good start!

more casual players is good for spvp.

for example, i am sure dota 2 has lots of casual players as well as non casual players (tournament players)

im dumbfounded. so you’re saying that if more people play spvp anet will fix spvp? they already don’t listen to us, and they think spvp is fine as is, so shouldn’t do much with larger community. another issue with spvp achievements and dailies is player’s focus on something specific and turn public matches into crap. this kind of stuff has no place in a spvp environment. if you want to farm achievements you should play pve.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, you could look at it this way,

1. very much less people play spvp when compared against pve, less monetization options, less focus on spvp

2. they are happily making lots of gem sales from the pve crowd.

3. if more pve players who tend to spend more on the gem store plays more spvp, they might notice and do something to monetize spvp.

4. do something to monetize spvp means fixing spvp

5. profit!

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

well, now that i think about it, playing spvp would only be further detrimental to the community since it wont help them get their ascended weapons and armor.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I don’t understand how anyone would want more achievements in pvp.
If there are new achievements coming up before the needed fixes/gamemodes etc
its over , gone, forget about it, finito, —- …- . .-. ,01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00001101 00001010, fini, ??, ???, ???, ????, ???? ???

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

More achievements would be nice. A lot more.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Illusionary persona
-Use the additional shatter effect from illusionary persona to down an enemy X times.
-Use the additional shatter effect from illusionary persona to interupt an enemy X times.
-Use the additional shatter effect from illusionary persona to interupt a nearby enemy while reviving the ally.

sword
-hit enemies with X Mind Wracks while you immobilized them.
-down an enemy while you immobilized them X times.
-land a full blurred frenzy on an enemy X times.
-evade X attacks using blurred frenzy.
-evade hits from several enemies at once during a blurred frenzy X times.
-slash, gash or stab people X times.
-down an enemy with blurred frenzy while you’re below 5% of your total hp X times.

focus
-place the illusionary warden on top of a downed person to block their projectile interupt X times.
-place the warden on top of a downed person and let it hit an aditional enemy X times.
-use into the void while reviving a team mate, pulling an enemy X times.
-pull multiple enemies with into the void X times.
-cripple X enemies with temporal curtain while applying swiftness to yourself.

portal
-use your portal to finish X enemies.
-use your portal to go in a contested point, preventing it from going neutral X times.
-use X portals.

blink
-travel X units using blink
-use blink while surrounded by multiple enemies and dont take damage after teh blink for several seconds X times.

So many ideas for acheivements :O!

So many achies to just grind in a CA and takes 0 skill. I agree that we need achievements in PvP but not about that everything shall give one, even using blink 2378436 times.

I understand your concerns, and share them. I have a solution though, these achievements are repeatable, and give less achievement point each tome you complete them.

Heres the “hit enemies with mind wrack while you immobilized them” for example:

10 mind wracks, 1 achievement point.
30 (current total) mind wracks, 1 achievemnt point.
60 (chrrent total) mind wracks, 1 achievement point.
100 (current total) mind wracks, 1 achievemnt point.
150 " "
200 " "

Then the achievemnt is completed, and you unlock a new repeatable achievemnt.
This one is conplete every 200 mind wracks and will give 1 achievemnt point.

Remember, you also need to have a sword equipped and immobilize you target for the mind wracks to count to the ahievemnt, and our sword immobilize is one of out hugely telegraphed skills.

This does not simply promote grind, it promotes shatter builds. You have to actually combo your skills and land them. There would be different achievemnts for vey weaponset/build.

Maybe make t so repeatable achievemts dont give points? It would be more like a prestige thing. “Im such a kitten, i mind wracked 9001 times” or something.

For achievemnts such as “blink X distance” you have to actually be in combat.

edit: i really dont understand why people rage about this… I pvp everyday and i consider myself above average in combat, and i would hink its fun keeping stats like “you blinked X distance” and “you blurred frenzied someone down with 5% of your own hp left X times”.

It doesnt promote grind. If you want to grind achievembts, go ahead, thats your choice. Jts not like they give uber rewards or something…

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

(edited by Alissah.9281)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Yes I would like better achievements. I’d also like:

Battle Commentator: "We think it would be an exciting addition to have a voice announce specific actions done by the player.” I know this has come up in several posts before but this is a solid suggestion and would without a doubt provide an excellent and harmless addition to PvP. For the fact it could be made to only be heard/seen by the player who triggered it. For example: (Double Kill, Killstreak, Finished ect.) And of course this could be a toggle on/off option in the Advanced Settings. This would provide invigorating gameplay and much satisfaction, especially to new or inexperienced players.

PvP accolades: “We would absolutely love a more rewarding achievement system in PvP” The ‘PvP Accolades’ could be a unique and sometimes strange accomplishment system where players are recognized for achieving amazing and bizarre feats during each match while in sPvP. Meeting the requirments will result in a slight glory reward. (I am aware similar but different mechanics exsist already) The ‘PvP Accolades’ differs from any current reward system by the fact that they are reset each mach and simply provide a slight bonus to Glory. Completing one of these feats should also be visible by all other players in small text in a corner of the User Interface. This will cultivate a more rewarding PvP experience. By allowing players to feel and see that they are accomplishing something during battle. And create a positive “win win” enviroment while encouraging more immersive and fruitful PvP gameplay. As well as opening up the potential for some very interesting PvP exclusive titles/Achievements.

Some examples of ’PvP Accolades, are as followed:
Meat Shield:lose 70% of your life while reviving a fallen player and succeed.
Just Resting: Enter the Downed state 3 times in 2 minutes and survive.
I ment to do that: Deal last damage to an opponent who dies from falling damage.
Taking your time: Have your movement speed hindered (Cripple/Chilled/Immobilized) for X seconds in succession.
Wonderluster:Capture every point in X minutes.
Mine!:Keep one point under your control the entire match.
Cruise and Bruise: Remain in combat for X minutes.
Vendetta:Kill the same opponent 6 times.
Miracle Cure: Cure 50 conditions.
Now that’s a Combo: Down/finish an opponent from the effect of a combo finisher.
Sweet Revenge Finish an opponent who has just previously finished you.
Silent Master: Finish an opponent without ever receiving damage from them.
Come Back Kings: Win a match when the enemy had a 300 or more of a lead.
Down but not out: Capture an enemy’s point while in downed state.
I got this: Survive a battle with less than 5% health.
Mist Killer: Down 3 or more opponents at the same time.
Shhh: Interrupt an opponent 3 times in X seconds.
And stay down: Down the same player 3 times in 2 minutes.
Headhunter: kill every opponent at least once.
Immortal: Play an entire match without dieing.
Dominator: Lead in score by 300 points.
Nothing is Safe: Kill X Opponent controlled creatures in one game. (Spirits/Minions/Pets/Turrets/Illusions)
Spray and pray:Down a player while they are invisible.
Boonanza: Gain one of every boon from allies and their effects. (Your own boons do not count towards the effect.)
King Slayer: Personally Finish an opponent who is leading the score board.
Cool Critter: Land X Critical Hits in succession against a single target.
Condition Collector: Recieve atleast one of every condition. (Conditions inflicted on you by yourself do not count towards the effect.)
Power Snuggle: Stay within 600 distance from your opponent for X minutes.
Ultimatum: Down an opponent 2 seconds after they activat their ultimate.
Your just Practice: Down and successfully finish an opponent in X seconds.
What a downer: While downed, deal the killing blow to a downed opponent.
All part of the plan: Negate or avoid a damaging source that would have otherwised downed you.
Just a flesh wound: Remian in downed state for over a 1 minute.
Captain Tyria: Benefit from allies Combo Finishers X times in one game.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

(edited by Wolf.5816)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Battle Commentator: "We think it would be an exciting addition to have a voice announce specific actions done by the player.” I know this has come up in several posts before but this is a solid suggestion and would without a doubt provide an excellent and harmless addition to PvP. For the fact it could be made to only be heard/seen by the player who triggered it. For example: (Double Kill, Killstreak, Finished ect.) And of course this could be a toggle on/off option in the Advanced Settings. This would provide invigorating gameplay and much satisfaction, especially to new or inexperienced players.

PvP accolades: “We would absolutely love a more rewarding achievement system in PvP” The ‘PvP Accolades’ could be a unique and sometimes strange accomplishment system where players are recognized for achieving amazing and bizarre feats during each match while in sPvP. Meeting the requirments will result in a slight glory reward. (I am aware similar but different mechanics exsist already) The ‘PvP Accolades’ differs from any current reward system by the fact that they are reset each mach and simply provide a slight bonus to Glory. Completing one of these feats should also be visible by all other players in small text in a corner of the User Interface. This will cultivate a more rewarding PvP experience. By allowing players to feel and see that they are accomplishing something during battle. And create a positive “win win” enviroment while encouraging more immersive and fruitful PvP gameplay. As well as opening up the potential for some very interesting PvP exclusive titles/Achievements.

I ment to do that: Deal last damage to an opponent who dies from falling damage.
Taking your time: Have your movement speed hindered (Cripple/Chilled/Immobilized) for X seconds in succession.
Now that’s a Combo: Down/finish an opponent from the effect of a combo finisher.
Nothing is Safe: Kill X Opponent controlled creatures in one game. (Spirits/Minions/Pets/Turrets/Illusions)
Boonanza: Gain one of every boon from allies and their effects. (Your own boons do not count towards the effect.)
Condition Collector: Recieve atleast one of every condition. (Conditions inflicted on you by yourself do not count towards the effect.)
All part of the plan: Negate or avoid a damaging source that would have otherwised downed you.

aye, very nice!
this is kinda expanding on the existing ones, i.e. top forest creature slayer, etc.

by the way, what are the odds of having colin come in here and comment in here as well?

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

Really gr8 ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would add to this also : if U get during ur games for example “Headhunter” 50 or 100 times, not only U get for example 25 achi points, but u get this as title to show off. I would love to have titles shown like for example “Silent Master”, “Shhh”, “Immortal” or “Just resting”.

>>>>> Rlly A-Net, read this and try to make it live, it’s such a gr8 idea, use what player bayse says to make the game better <<<<<<

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

you guys are no fun.

never played team fortress 2 before?
achievements are meant to be fun.
solo / team arena = non casual
let the casuals have their fun in non arena games.

if you want to play for win, go enjoy yourselves in solo / team arena.

a lot of people just wanna have some casual sPvP fun in the normal game rooms.

Freaking this.
TF2 is LITTERED with silly achievements. They are fun and not 1 of them stop people from trying to win. I’ve never once met a person who didn’t want to win their matches. People naturally gravitate towards trying to win. Why not let them have fun

in PvP

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

I don’t understand how anyone would want more achievements in pvp.
If there are new achievements coming up before the needed fixes/gamemodes etc
its over , gone, forget about it, finito, —- …- . .-. ,01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00001101 00001010, fini, , ?, ?, ??, ?? ?

And how do you get more man power to do fixes / make game modes. You need more players to be playing that section to gather more development attention. So the more hours people are clocking in to pvp the faster we get the stuff we want and need.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Achievements#Scout

And collecting 70% of these. Took my TF2 playtime fro 135 hours to 458.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

These are really awesome suggestions. Btw under ultimate i guess you mean Elite skill.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I’m going to have to say no. It’s bad enough when I try solo tourney and 3 people charge home just to finish their daily achievement.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

there can be Categories for the Archievements where they can be completed

All – Archievements like matches played, rank …….
Hotjoin only – Archievements which have potential to interupt competive gameplay
SoloQ – SoloQ Matches Won, Solo Q matches per map ……
TeamQ – same like SoloQ

someone need to think more about and find categorie for all the archievements but i think this would be ok so

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I think lack of rewards that could be carried out into the rest of the game is one of the primary reasons spvp population suffered.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Some of these ideas would be really fun to see, but they’d have to promote playing the game well, not just pulling off a crazy trick for a few achievement points. Also, they would lose a lot of their appeal if they could be completed just by walking into an empty hotjoin server with a friend and farming the requirements together.

I think they could make a great basis for a better glory point system, though! What if instead of getting 10 points for all standing in a circle together, you got tons of points for doing things like X damage, X healing, X successful dodges?

You could even have bonus categories, like survived a 1v2 for X amount of time, neutralized a point while in combat, “clutch” award for stomping/rezzing while taking X damage, etc? Conquest is fun but you currently only get points for mundane things or even worse, for playing poorly (multiple people taking close point…) It would be awesome to get points for being awesome!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm okies.

we could also have achievements for using certain finishers x amount of times.

this way, we could promote stomping more often, using different kind of finishers, and even encourage people to buy new finishers!

once a finisher achievement is “completed” it can be repeated for errr rewards?

for example,

finish off people using rabbit finisher x times
1, 10, 20, 50, 100

then, 0/100 can be repeated for errr some kind of reward. more achievement points maybe.

then the same for all other finishers.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

and since there is now a “WvW Season 1” achievements which is part of the living story achievements i think it would be nice to have “PvP Season 1” achievements too!

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Since this thread literally got necro’d from death can I add 1 point: Why are hotjoin achivements > tourny achievements? (i.e “Paragon” (45ap)= 200 hotjoin wins > Champion Paragon (35ap)= 150 Tournament wins) = wat?!

If an Anet dev can personally pm me behind this decision I would want to hear the reason why looking at 200 casual wins over 150 actual wins you work for = less reward, I am just mind boggled.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

because you get both when you do the champion version

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

Given the state of achievements atm im going to go with NO do X n times isnt an achievement its boring lazy design, and while there are some good posts here about possible achieves, many suggestions follow the pattern of repeat this n times.

there are still games where to get achievements you actually have to achieve something, where the requirements are varied and interesting and in some cases difficult.

achievements like those would be welcome, but if the last year has told me anything its Anet doesn’t do that kind of design.

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

since PvP rewards will be overhauled and PvP did get a few more daily achievements i think it is time to bump this topic again!

though i think we have run out of ideas for new PvP achievements though.

and i think most of the ones proposed in here might be too hard to track in the game.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

they have given us new achievements, but only 2 new dailies, winning solo arena and winning team arena.

is it that much to ask for other new achievements?

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

I just had this conversation with my guild last night. I’m the black sheep of my guild as I’m the one in spvp everyday while they do dungeons/WvW so they don’t really understand where we pvpers are coming from. There are 3 game types in GW2 that we all are aware of. PvP, WvW, and Pve. Now as I told my guild look at all the achievements you get for PvE content through the living world updates, seasonal events, dungeons, quests, and jumping puzzles. With constant PvE updates the amount of achievement points available in this game type will continue to grow exponentially leaving the other two game types in the dust. Then you’ve got the recently added plethora of WvW achievements.

Now looking at the pvp achievements it might look like at first that there are quite a few, but it takes forever to earn any of them and the point reward is minimal for the effort and time put into acquiring the achievement.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: bleyzwun.1204

bleyzwun.1204

No. Until we have more game modes I do not care about achievements. They do absolutely nothing for me.

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

I am a very rare species in this forum, and i am very rare to post and give feedback to others.
I have gems, golds, badges, karma, glory. but there is lacking on me. as individual i still want to improve my skill playing my class (Thief) if giving me more reason to play (like this thread all about) then please do it. it will definitely attract more people.
Nevertheless, just to keep this cycle flowing ill add mine. maybe it is the time to unleash those silly behind the class Profession

Title: Assassin
50g 1200gem 50k glory(cant help it,still thinking about balance rofl)

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.