The Balance System in PVP is not up to my expectations

in PvP

Posted by: AlphaSheep.2350

AlphaSheep.2350

Why PVP allows single player join the battle even the current balance is good?

Always! One team has one more person than the other one!

What is the ARENANET thinking about? Don’t they know this is suck? Or they just like SUCK?!

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

You could try soloq and teamq. You still sometimes get 4v5s but it’s less common than hotjoins.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

AlphaSheep.2350

You could try soloq and teamq. You still sometimes get 4v5s but it’s less common than hotjoins.

So that means players who just want to play normal PVP games like me have to stand with this suck balance system?

Funny. The A company should fix this problem at once. If single player wants to join a balanced game, he has to wait for next single player and join different team. And the player who quit game should be punished.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I don’t think you understand the point of hot join. People can come and go as they please. Most people who hot join are in one of 3 categories:

1. New players
2. Experienced player trying a new class or a new spec
3. Someone who is waiting for a queue to pop

There are not a lot who go to hot join with the main purpose to win.

in PvP

AlphaSheep.2350

I don’t think you understand the point of hot join. People can come and go as they please. Most people who hot join are in one of 3 categories:

1. New players
2. Experienced player trying a new class or a new spec
3. Someone who is waiting for a queue to pop

There are not a lot who go to hot join with the main purpose to win.

Good reason. So a player like me who don’t have a team but still want to play PVP has to play a unbalanced game.

No matter how unimportant hotjoin game is, as it is a game, it should consider fair.

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

If you want to play serious game, but not with or against a team play Soloque.

in PvP

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

Hotjoin is just a practice mode. Do not take it seriously, you want SoloQ. Granted; soloq isn’t much better nowadays but still.

in PvP

Posted by: FuzzyRamen.4902

FuzzyRamen.4902

Balancing is annoying and the system can be abused to farm for gold and reward tracks. Just simply get out of losing team and force team balance, instant swap to winning team ANET did a good job adding the feature.

Mesmer need that perplexity runes in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

You’re Grammar is plain SUCK!! lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

The hot join system is an embarrassment. It is offered by the game and the auto balance feature clearly shows, that it is supposed to be at least a bit balanced. The thing is other than hot join there is no PvP game mode for casuals. When you’re a casual, you don’t want a ranked PvP system, because that is what casual means: You’re there for some fun fights but you don’t want to compete seriously.

GW1 random arena was fun – to me at least – and was way way way more balanced than hot join in GW2. Almost all games started with equal amount of players and when you left the game you were punished and couldn’t join another game for a while. For all who didn’t play GW1: Random arena was a PvP arena where you could join games individually. You would then go in a queue until the match with all 8 player – 4 on each side – would be ready to start. I never waited more than a minute or so.

If people like hot join, then leave it, but please offer a PvP game mode that fits the casual players, who represent still the majority of the player base I would guess.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in PvP

Posted by: shadowraiden.8394

shadowraiden.8394

The hot join system is an embarrassment. It is offered by the game and the auto balance feature clearly shows, that it is supposed to be at least a bit balanced. The thing is other than hot join there is no PvP game mode for casuals. When you’re a casual, you don’t want a ranked PvP system, because that is what casual means: You’re there for some fun fights but you don’t want to compete seriously.

GW1 random arena was fun – to me at least – and was way way way more balanced than hot join in GW2. Almost all games started with equal amount of players and when you left the game you were punished and couldn’t join another game for a while. For all who didn’t play GW1: Random arena was a PvP arena where you could join games individually. You would then go in a queue until the match with all 8 player – 4 on each side – would be ready to start. I never waited more than a minute or so.

If people like hot join, then leave it, but please offer a PvP game mode that fits the casual players, who represent still the majority of the player base I would guess.

you do realise Solo Queue is essentially random arena as GW1 Random arena had a ranking system just like solo queue’s in gw2.

solo queue is there for when people want random players in a 5v5 game, rank wise it means nothing really as 10 wins and your top all of a sudden.
team queue is for those who have a team of 2+ players looking for more organised fights.

hotjoin is for those messing around with builds or dont have the time to play a full solo queue or team queue, so it will never be balanced as its no Anet who control hotjoin servers as their the ones you get when you use server tickets.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Balancing is annoying and the system can be abused to farm for gold and reward tracks. Just simply get out of losing team and force team balance, instant swap to winning team ANET did a good job adding the feature.

You still get the winner reward if you’re party swapped i believe. I just had a match where we were winning 200-10, then i got swapped, the match ended 500-70 and i still had 450 points.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I think hotjoin is one of the most amazing systems for pvp in any mmo I have played.

It is totally casual, and largely for practising and just having fun doing some pvp. It is up 24/7, everyone is the same level/gear, its really easy to meet people, if you have to pop out you can just leave and no one cares, the teams get auto balanced if someone new doesn’t come shortly which prevents one team from ever having more than one person short.

There are so many good things about it, I could go on, but I doubt many people have even enough concentration to read to this far.

Hotjoin is the most casual form of spvp in GFW2 and it is still more balanced than the pvp in any other mmo. Pretty amazing imo.

If you are getting all heated up about winning/losing it is time to play tourney.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I think hotjoin is one of the most amazing systems for pvp in any mmo I have played.

It is totally casual, and largely for practising and just having fun doing some pvp. It is up 24/7, everyone is the same level/gear, its really easy to meet people, if you have to pop out you can just leave and no one cares, the teams get auto balanced if someone new doesn’t come shortly which prevents one team from ever having more than one person short.

There are so many good things about it, I could go on, but I doubt many people have even enough concentration to read to this far.

Hotjoin is the most casual form of spvp in GFW2 and it is still more balanced than the pvp in any other mmo. Pretty amazing imo.

If you are getting all heated up about winning/losing it is time to play tourney.

An unranked (or hidden ranked) queue does all that and better (with the exception of leavers).

Let’s assume you’re the kind of player that does not wants to play ranked, or at times, is not in the mood to play a more competitive and stressful mode.

Want to play together with a friends? You can join the same server with your friend in hotjoin, but it’s troublesome to stay in the same team as they due to the requirements to choose a team and due to auto-balancing. The more friends you want to play with, the worse, as the server might either get full by then, or if your team picks an emptier server, no hotjoiner will last to face your premade team and there’s no matchmaking to try to match you with other premades. You either go ranked team queue or you don’t.
Want to learn proper PvP? Hotjoin is terrible at that because it teaches bad habits and has different rules that the queues. It’s decent if you just want to get a grasp of your profession, but after that, you must start competitively right on if you want to get familiarized by how pvp works.
Want to experiment new builds? Hotjoin might give you a vague idea about their potential, but builds must be truly optimized around how proper pvp works. You either test them for real in a ranked queue, or you can’t test them as much as you would need to.
Want to have a fair match? Casuals also care about that. But no such thing exists in hotjoin. Auto-balancing is very anti-climatic as well.

Hotjoin only makes sense in FPS games, due to the simplicity of their gameplay. Since I started playing LoL, I can’t imagine any serious pvp RPG-ish game to NOT feature an unranked queue as the default non-competitive format. It’s possibly one of the biggest holes in GW2’s pvp infrastructure, imo.

in PvP

TyPin.9860

you do realise Solo Queue is essentially random arena as GW1 Random arena had a ranking system just like solo queue’s in gw2.

solo queue is there for when people want random players in a 5v5 game, rank wise it means nothing really as 10 wins and your top all of a sudden.
team queue is for those who have a team of 2+ players looking for more organised fights.

hotjoin is for those messing around with builds or dont have the time to play a full solo queue or team queue, so it will never be balanced as its no Anet who control hotjoin servers as their the ones you get when you use server tickets.

Solo Queue has similarities with random arena from GW1, agreed. But I am interested in the ranking system of the random arena of GW1. Because as far as I remember it, it didn’t have any.

Solo Queue having ranks is already problematic for casual players. So I still don’t see the point of denying a balanced PvP mode for casual players.

The hotjoin system is something that is beyond stupid. How can you test your build, when you are suddenly outnumbered or outnumber the opposing team by 5 to 3 (How can this even happen, that regularly there is a 2 player difference in hot join matches, often at the beginning already?). A game mode for testing builds sounds good, however hotjoin does not offer this to players. Hotjoin is the game mode for opportunists, who farm PvP points to progress on their reward tracks.

@Yasha.5963:
I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not. On the small chance your post is serious I can only say that you describe probably the ideal idea behind hotjoin, but in reality the system doesn’t work at all and it ends in 90% of the cases in blow out matches, where you are outnumbered insanely and any supposed build or skill testing is close to impossible any more.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in PvP

Posted by: shadowraiden.8394

shadowraiden.8394

Solo Queue has similarities with random arena from GW1, agreed. But I am interested in the ranking system of the random arena of GW1. Because as far as I remember it, it didn’t have any.

Solo Queue having ranks is already problematic for casual players. So I still don’t see the point of denying a balanced PvP mode for casual players.

The hotjoin system is something that is beyond stupid. How can you test your build, when you are suddenly outnumbered or outnumber the opposing team by 5 to 3 (How can this even happen, that regularly there is a 2 player difference in hot join matches, often at the beginning already?). A game mode for testing builds sounds good, however hotjoin does not offer this to players. Hotjoin is the game mode for opportunists, who farm PvP points to progress on their reward tracks.

@Yasha.5963:
I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not. On the small chance your post is serious I can only say that you describe probably the ideal idea behind hotjoin, but in reality the system doesn’t work at all and it ends in 90% of the cases in blow out matches, where you are outnumbered insanely and any supposed build or skill testing is close to impossible any more.

you completely misunderstand hotjoin all it does is put you in one of the available servers that has players its then up to whoever owns that server to do anything like balancing.

actually RA did have a ranking system initially before the big chance to how arena’s worked. but nobody cared because its random.

hotjoin is not a game mode so before complaining learn what it is.

in PvP

TyPin.9860

You completely misunderstand my point. I have said specifically that, if people like hotjoin, leave it (although I think it is a stupid system). All I wish is to have a balanced PvP mode for casuals. And a ranking system is already throwing a portion of the casuals off, who would prefer to not being ranked but still would like a balanced PvP mode. It is beyond me that such an option is denied in GW2.

And this is why I called for smth. like GW1 random arenas (what would be essentially a solo queue without ranking, I agree to that), who had no ranking system when I played it (I was for 2 years a PvE pug in GW1^^).

Side Note: Insulting a straw man of ignorance is a pretty poor move my friend.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in PvP

Yasha.5963

You completely misunderstand my point. I have said specifically that, if people like hotjoin, leave it (although I think it is a stupid system). All I wish is to have a balanced PvP mode for casuals. And a ranking system is already throwing a portion of the casuals off, who would prefer to not being ranked but still would like a balanced PvP mode. It is beyond me that such an option is denied in GW2.

And this is why I called for smth. like GW1 random arenas (what would be essentially a solo queue without ranking, I agree to that), who had no ranking system when I played it (I was for 2 years a PvE pug in GW1^^).

Solo join tourney is balanced pvp mode for casuals.

Hotjoin is balanced pvp mode for super casuals- the things you want to change in hotjoin would make it terrible.

in PvP

Yasha.5963

An unranked (or hidden ranked) queue does all that and better (with the exception of leavers).

Let’s assume you’re the kind of player that does not wants to play ranked, or at times, is not in the mood to play a more competitive and stressful mode.

Want to play together with a friends? You can join the same server with your friend in hotjoin, but it’s troublesome to stay in the same team as they due to the requirements to choose a team and due to auto-balancing. The more friends you want to play with, the worse, as the server might either get full by then, or if your team picks an emptier server, no hotjoiner will last to face your premade team and there’s no matchmaking to try to match you with other premades. You either go ranked team queue or you don’t.
Want to learn proper PvP? Hotjoin is terrible at that because it teaches bad habits and has different rules that the queues. It’s decent if you just want to get a grasp of your profession, but after that, you must start competitively right on if you want to get familiarized by how pvp works.
Want to experiment new builds? Hotjoin might give you a vague idea about their potential, but builds must be truly optimized around how proper pvp works. You either test them for real in a ranked queue, or you can’t test them as much as you would need to.
Want to have a fair match? Casuals also care about that. But no such thing exists in hotjoin. Auto-balancing is very anti-climatic as well.

Hotjoin only makes sense in FPS games, due to the simplicity of their gameplay. Since I started playing LoL, I can’t imagine any serious pvp RPG-ish game to NOT feature an unranked queue as the default non-competitive format. It’s possibly one of the biggest holes in GW2’s pvp infrastructure, imo.

Let me go through those points one by one:

First if you are not in the mood to play “competitive” mode then hotjoin is amazing. You can just tune out and play away.

2: That is actually one of the great things about hotjoin. No premades stomping pugs very nice. (although you can still usually get 2 or 3 friends in a team, but most people that team up go and join team tourney).

3: Its a good start to the game. If you made winning more important- like in tourney- then you get the very stresses you say you want to avoid.

4: You can learn how to play a new class or build without having to worry about letting your team down, or the inevitable “lol you are rank 80?!” comments when you can’t pull off magic on the first time you try something new. Once you have the rotations down, how to deal with different classes/builds, you can then start thinking about how that build will work best in tourney, if that is the goal.

5: I am pretty sure that after 2 years my win/loss ratio is about 50%. In a night of hotjoin I’ll see even games, tight games, steamrolls one way and the other, come backs, a lot of fun- and more balanced than all other mmos pvp (excluding perhaps GW1). I don’t really overly care if I win or lose- but I care enough to make a win pleasing and a loss slightly annoying. That seems to be tuned just right.

6: Mobas? That unranked but hidden rating you are talking about ends up with pretty much the same situation you are now complaining about, not to mention that you can’t just join/leave whenever in those games. Nor is GW2’s system that complex its just conquest.

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

4/10 preferred original title.

Seriously though, give us an unranked queue already. I want to be able to test builds without either seriously outnumbering or being seriously outnumbered by the enemy all game.

in PvP

TyPin.9860

Solo join tourney is balanced pvp mode for casuals.

Hotjoin is balanced pvp mode for super casuals- the things you want to change in hotjoin would make it terrible.

Either you are deliberately arguing a straw man argument or you are not paying attention. Where did I even suggest any change to hotjoin. I think it’s stupid and has no point what so ever, but I never suggested any changes to it, as far as I can remember.

And you also don’t seem to understand that SoloQ is working against a bunch of cashuals, who dislike to be rated in their fights.

Again, I ask why a balanced and unranked PvP mode for casuals should be denied in GW2?

EDIT: And hotjoin is terrible atm already…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

(edited by TyPin.9860)