The Minority Are heavily favoured .

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Just wondering why the developers are catering for the E sports crowd , and there is not many , when there is 100,s of players facing 4v5 and 15 minute queues every day ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Just wondering why the developers are catering for the E sports crowd , and there is not many , when there is 100,s of players facing 4v5 and 15 minute queues every day ?

because they don’t care.

/thread

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

because they don’t care.

/thread

this.

and the funny thing is that they think people care.

they just want the minipet.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s like PAX all over again, Anet just doesn’t learn.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

PAX was the biggest problem with the game. When they started focussing on all this esports BS the game became a lot less fun and a lot less supported.

It is continued now. Honestly there are probably 50 “serious” players of this game. 50 out of 4-5 million? And that is who they cater to. It is silly. They should make new game modes.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Ovid.7135

Ovid.7135

50?

And anyhow, many will say that they’re not catered for especially. Weekly balance changes would be much more desired by the pvp-ers. Promoting some sort of competitive play in a game (eg. ToG) can help to draw players into the game and help the longevity of the game by rewarding the players who can play the game best.

Peanut Butter Jelly Times (Swisslips)

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Does this thread even make sense? PvP is the minority, yet PvE gets more favored in my opinion. New player experience, Living Story, Collector’s system, numerous dungeons added since lauch via fractals, etc.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

50?

And anyhow, many will say that they’re not catered for especially. Weekly balance changes would be much more desired by the pvp-ers. Promoting some sort of competitive play in a game (eg. ToG) can help to draw players into the game and help the longevity of the game by rewarding the players who can play the game best.

50 at most to be quite honest. I would say 25 in EU is a stretch. But we might just get there. So I presumed the same in NA, although rumour is that is a smaller scene.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Pretty sure the point of these cash prize tournaments is to make the competitive “minority” no longer a minority, but a goal that all pvp players strive toward.

These tournaments are a platform to inspire growth and competition within the pvp community, and to also bring attention to the game from outside the community.

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

PAX was the biggest problem with the game. When they started focussing on all this esports BS the game became a lot less fun and a lot less supported.

It is continued now. Honestly there are probably 50 “serious” players of this game. 50 out of 4-5 million? And that is who they cater to. It is silly. They should make new game modes.

I Lol’d when i read that you thought 4-5 million people still play this game

in PvP

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

still? you mean never. The game has a decent player base but 4-5 mill is probably an overestimation by about 2million.

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

still? you mean never. The game has a decent player base but 4-5 mill is probably an overestimation by about 2million.

It’s how many copies were sold

in PvP

Harbinger.8637

I’d be surprised if 20,000 people worldwide play structured PvP at least once a month.

I wouldn’t even put it that high, I’d say more in the ballpark of ~5k.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Harbinger.8637

Whatever the case, it’s kind of crazy that the OP can say “hundreds of players” and actually be in the right ballpark. If anything, that’s a sign they should give up on structured PvP entirely and focus on the populated parts of the game.

I think they already done this. They just focus primarily on LS and PvE. Once in awhile, WvW will get tourneys and a few updates. However, PvP has just been swept under the carpet. However you can’t really blame them. They still need to make money and a living, so they are going to do what is most profitable.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I’d be surprised if 20,000 people worldwide play structured PvP at least once a month.

I wouldn’t even put it that high, I’d say more in the ballpark of ~5k.

I agree, numbers have dropped significantly and I’m sure Anet are well aware of this.

I jumped on today and struggled to find a full server, I also struggled to find a match where the numbers were even (in fact I never found an even matchup)

If they could just sort out the horrible balance issues then I’m sure Spvp wouldn’t be such a bad experience. The problem is when its 5v5 and you drop a player that’s quite a disadvantage. Back in my WoW days in BGs if you dropped a player they would be quickly replaced, if one was a bot then that’s ok losing 1/10 isn’t a huge issue.

what’s the solution?